WORLD INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ORGANIZATION International Bureau
INTERNATIONAL APPLICATION PUBLISHED UNDER THE PATENT COOPERATION TREATY (PCT)
(51) International Patent Classification 6 : C07C 59/00, 57/30, 69/76
(11) International Publication Number:
(43) International Publication Date: WO 96/24571
15 August 1996 (15.08.96)
(21) International Application Number: PCT/US96/00940
(22) International Filing Date: 6 February 1996 (06.02.96)
(30) Priority Date: 08/384,935 7 February 1995 (07.02.95) US
(71)(72) Applicant and Inventor: BRUSILOW, Saul, W. [US/US]; 4804 Keswick Road, Baltimore, MD 21201 (US).
(74) Agents: MURRAY, Robert, B. et al.; Nikaido, Marmelstein, Murray & Oram, Metropolitan Square, Suite 330 - G Street Lobby, 655 15th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20005-5701 (US).
(81) Designated States: AL, AM, AT, AU, AZ, BB, BG, BR, BY, CA, CH, CN, CZ, DE, DK, EE, ES, FI, GB, GE, HU, IS, JP, KE, KG, KP, KR, KZ, LK, LR, LS, LT, LU, LV, MD, MG, MK, MN, MW, MX, NO, HZ, PL, PT, RO, RU, SD, SE, SG, SI, SK, TJ, TM, TR, TT, UA, UG, US, UZ, VN, ARIPO patent (KE, LS, MW, SD, SZ, UG), Eurasian patent (AZ, BY, KG, KZ, RU, TJ, TM), European patent (AT, BE, CH, DE, DK, ES, FR, GB, GR, IE, IT, LU, MC, NL, PT, SE), OAPI patent (BF, BJ, CF, CG, CI, CM, GA, GN, ML, MR, NE, SN, TD, TG).
Published With international search report. Before the expiration of the time limit for amending the claims and to be republished in the event of the receipt of amendments.
(54) Title: TRIGLYCERIDES AND ETHYL ESTERS OF PHENYLALKANOIC ACID AND PHENYLALKENOIC ACID USEFUL IN TREATMENT OF VARIOUS DISORDERS
Two new forms of prodrug for phenylacetate, of even congeners of phenylalkanoic acid and phenylalkenoic acids, which are the phenylalkanoic or phenylalkenoic esters of glycerol, or the ethyl esters of phenylalkanoic acid or phenylalkenoic acids. These forms of the drugs provide a convenient dosage form of the drugs. The prodrugs of the invention are useful to treat patients with diseases of nitrogen accumulation, patients with certain ß-hemoglobinopathies, anemia, and cancer.