14. Indemnification. To the extent permitted by law, all employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of the Company shall be indemnified by the Company and held harmless against any claims and the expenses of defending against such claims, resulting from any action or conduct relating to the administration of the Plan, whether as a member of the Committee or otherwise, except to the extent that such claims arise from gross negligence, willful neglect, or willful misconduct.
15. Plan Not an Employment Contract. The Plan is not a contract between the Company and any employee, nor is it a condition of employment of any employee. Nothing contained in the Plan gives, or is intended to give, any employee the right to be retained in the service of the Company, or to interfere with the right of the Company to discharge or terminate the employment of any employee at any time and for any reason. No employee shall have the right or claim to benefits beyond those expressly provided in this Plan, if any. All rights and claims are limited as set forth in the Plan.
16. Severability. In case any one or more of the provisions of this Plan (or part thereof) shall be held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect the other provisions hereof, and this Plan shall be construed as if such invalid, illegal or unenforceable provisions (or part thereof) never had been contained herein.
17. Non-Assignability. No right or interest of any Covered Employee in the Plan shall be assignable or transferable in whole or in part either directly or by operation of law or otherwise, including, but not limited to, execution, levy, garnishment, attachment, pledge or bankruptcy.
18. Integration With Other Pay or Benefits Requirements. The severance payments and benefits provided for in the Plan are the maximum benefits that the Company will pay to Covered Employees on a Covered Termination, except to the extent otherwise specifically provided in a separate agreement. To the extent that the Company owes any amounts in the nature of severance benefits under any other program, policy or plan of the Company that is not otherwise superseded by this Plan, or to the extent that any federal, state or local law, including, without limitation, so-called plant closing laws, requires the Company to give advance notice or make a payment of any kind to an employee because of that employees involuntary termination due to a layoff, reduction in force, plant or facility closing, sale of business, or similar event, the benefits provided under this Plan or the other arrangement shall either be reduced or eliminated to avoid any duplication of payment. The Company intends for the benefits provided under this Plan to partially or fully satisfy any and all statutory obligations that may arise out of an employees involuntary termination for the foregoing reasons and the Company shall so construe and implement the terms of the Plan.
19. Amendment or Termination. The Board may amend, modify, or terminate the Plan at any time in its sole discretion; provided, however, that (a) any such amendment, modification or termination made prior to a Change in Control that adversely affects the rights of