(4) to any Taxes that are imposed otherwise than by withholding by the Company or the Paying Agent (as the case may be) from the payment;
(5) to any Taxes that would not have been imposed but for a change in law, regulation, or administrative or judicial interpretation that becomes effective more than 15 days after the payment becomes due or is duly provided for, whichever occurs later;
(6) to any estate, inheritance, gift, sales, excise, transfer, wealth, capital gains or personal property tax or similar Taxes;
(7) to any withholding or deduction that is imposed on a payment to an individual and that is required to be made pursuant to any law implementing or complying with, or introduced in order to conform to, any European Council Directive on the taxation of savings (the Directive);
(8) to any Taxes required to be withheld by the Paying Agent from any payment of principal of, or premium, if any, or interest on such Note, if such payment can be made without such withholding by at least one other paying agent;
(9) to any Taxes that would not have been imposed but for the presentation by the Holder of such Note, where presentation is required, for payment on a date more than 30 days after the date on which payment became due and payable or the date on which payment thereof is duly provided for, whichever occurs later;
(10) to any withholding or deduction that is imposed on a payment pursuant to Sections 1471 through 1474 of the Code, the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act, and related Treasury regulations and pronouncements, or any successor provisions and any regulations or official law, agreement or interpretations thereof implementing an intergovernmental approach thereto; or
(11) in the case of any combination of items (1), (2), (3), (4), (5), (6), (7), (8), (9) and (10).
The Notes are subject in all cases to any tax, fiscal or other law or regulation or administrative or judicial interpretation applicable to such Notes. Except as specifically provided in this Section 2.08, the Company shall not be required to make any payment for any Taxes of whatever nature imposed by any government or a political subdivision or taxing authority of or in any government or political subdivision. Neither the Trustee nor the Paying Agent shall have any responsibility or liability for the determination, verification or calculation of any Additional Amounts.
As used in this Section 2.08 and in Section 3.02 hereof, the term United States means the United States of America (including the states and the District of Columbia and any political subdivision thereof), and the term United States Person means any individual who is a citizen or resident of the United States for U.S. federal income tax purposes, a corporation, partnership or other entity created or organized in or under the laws of the United States, including an entity treated as a corporation for United States income tax purposes, or any estate or trust the income of which is subject to United States federal income taxation regardless of its source.
Whenever in the Indenture (including the Notes) there is referenced, in any context, the payment of amounts based on the payment of principal of, or premium, if any, or