EX-10.2 4 f8k043019ex10-2_workhorse.htm THIRD AMENDMENT TO CREDIT AGREEMENT, DATED AS OF APRIL 30, 2019
THIRD AMENDMENT TO CREDIT AGREEMENT
This THIRD AMENDMENT TO CREDIT AGREEMENT (this “Amendment”) is made and entered into as of April 30, 2019 by and among Workhorse Group Inc., a Nevada corporation (the “Borrower”), Wilmington Trust, National Association, in its capacity as agent (the “Agent”), and the Lenders (as defined below) party hereto.
WHEREAS, the Borrower, the financial institutions from time to time party thereto as lenders (collectively, with their permitted successors and assignees, the “Lenders”), and the Agent are party to that certain Credit Agreement, dated as of December 31, 2018 (as amended by that certain First Amendment to Credit Agreement, dated as of March 13, 2019, and that certain Second Amendment to Credit Agreement, dated as of April 1, 2019, the “Credit Agreement”), pursuant to which the Lenders have extended credit to the Borrower on the terms set forth therein;
WHEREAS, pursuant to Section 10.1 of the Credit Agreement, the Credit Agreement may be amended by an instrument in writing signed by the Borrower and the Lenders; and
WHEREAS, the Borrower and the Lenders desire to amend certain provisions of the Credit Agreement.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual agreements herein contained, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, the parties hereto agree as follows:
1. Definitions; Loan Document. Capitalized terms used herein without definition shall have the meanings assigned to such terms in the Credit Agreement. This Amendment shall constitute a Loan Document for all purposes of the Credit Agreement and the other Loan Documents.
2. Amendment to Section 7.19.1. Section 7.19.1 of the Credit Agreement is hereby amended and restated as follows:
“7.19.1 Liquidity. Not suffer or permit the Liquidity of the Borrower and its Subsidiaries to be less than $4,000,000 at any time at or after May 31, 2019; provided that if Liquidity of the Borrower and its Subsidiaries is less than $4,000,000 at any time at or after May 31, 2019, the Borrower shall provide written notice thereof to the Agent within one Business Day of such occurrence, and, other than with respect to any such occurrence on the last day of any calendar month, if Liquidity of the Borrower and its Subsidiaries is increased to $4,000,000 on or prior to five Business Days after such occurrence, then there shall be no breach for such occurrence under this Section 7.19.1; provided further that if the Liquidity of the Borrower and its Subsidiaries is less than $4,000,000 at any time prior to May 31, 2019, the Borrower shall provide written notice thereof to Agent within one Business Day of each such occurrence.”
3. Conditions to Effectiveness of Amendment. This Amendment shall become effective upon receipt by the Agent and the Lenders of counterpart signatures to this Amendment duly executed and delivered by the Agent, the Lenders and the Borrower.
4. Expenses. The Borrower agrees to pay on demand all expenses of the Lender (including, without limitation, the fees and out-of-pocket expenses of Covington & Burling LLP, counsel to the Lenders, and Duane Morris LLP, counsel to the Agent) incurred in connection with the negotiation, preparation, execution and delivery of this Amendment.
5. Representations and Warranties. The Borrower represents and warrants to the Lenders and the Agent as follows:
(a) After giving effect to this Amendment, the representations and warranties of the Loan Parties contained in the Credit Agreement or any other Loan Document shall be true and correct in all material respects (without duplication of any materiality qualifier contained therein) as of the date hereof (or as of a specific earlier date if such representation or warranty expressly relates to an earlier date).
(b) After giving effect to this Amendment, no Default or Event of Default under the Credit Agreement is continuing.
6. No Implied Amendment or Waiver. Except as expressly set forth in this Amendment, this Amendment shall not, by implication or otherwise, limit, impair, constitute a waiver of or otherwise affect any rights or remedies of the Agent or the Lenders under the Credit Agreement or the other Loan Documents, or alter, modify, amend or in any way affect any of the terms, obligations or covenants contained in the Credit Agreement or the other Loan Documents, all of which shall continue in full force and effect. Nothing in this Amendment shall be construed to imply any willingness on the part of the Agent or the Lenders to agree to or grant any similar or future amendment, consent or waiver of any of the terms and conditions of the Credit Agreement or the other Loan Documents.
7. Release. The Borrower hereby acknowledges and agrees that: (a) to its knowledge neither it nor any of its Affiliates have any claim or cause of action against any Lender or the Agent (or any of their respective Affiliates, officers, directors, employees, attorneys, consultants or agents) under the Credit Agreement as of the date hereof and (b) to its knowledge, as of the date hereof, the Lenders and the Agent have heretofore properly performed and satisfied in a timely manner all of their respective obligations to the Borrower under the Credit Agreement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Agent and the Lenders wish to eliminate any possibility that any past conditions, acts, omissions, events or circumstances would impair or otherwise adversely affect any of the Agent’s or the Lenders’ rights, interests and/or remedies under the Credit Agreement. Accordingly, for and in consideration of the agreements contained in this Amendment and other good and valuable consideration, the Borrower (for itself and its Affiliates and the successors and assigns of each of the foregoing) (each a “Releasor” and collectively, the “Releasors”) does hereby fully, finally, unconditionally and irrevocably release and forever discharge the Agent and the Lenders and each of their respective Affiliates, officers, directors, employees, attorneys, consultants and agents (each a “Released Party” and collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all debts, claims, obligations, damages, costs, attorneys’ fees, suits, demands, liabilities, actions, proceedings and causes of action, in each case, whether known or unknown, contingent or fixed, direct or indirect, and of whatever nature or description, and whether in law or in equity, under contract, tort, statute or otherwise, in each case that exist or have occurred on or prior to the date of this Amendment which any Releasor has heretofore had or now shall or may have against any Released Party by reason of any act, omission or thing whatsoever done or omitted to be done, except for a Released Party’s gross negligence or willful misconduct as determined by a final, nonappealable judgment of a court of competent jurisdiction, prior to the date hereof arising out of, connected with or related in any way to the Credit Agreement, or any act, event or transaction related or attendant thereto, or the Agent’s or the Lenders’ agreements contained therein, or the possession, use, operation or control in connection therewith of any of the assets of the Borrower, or the making of any advance thereunder, or the management of such advance, in each case on or prior to the date of this Amendment.
8. Counterparts. This Amendment may be executed by the parties hereto in several counterparts, each of which shall be an original and all of which shall constitute together but one and the same agreement. Delivery of an executed counterpart of a signature page of this Amendment by e-mail (e.g., “pdf” or “tiff”) or fax transmission shall be effective as delivery of a manually executed counterpart of this Amendment.
9. Governing Law. THIS AMENDMENT SHALL BE A CONTRACT MADE UNDER AND GOVERNED BY THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK APPLICABLE TO CONTRACTS MADE AND TO BE PREPARED ENTIRELY WITHIN SUCH STATE, WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICT OF LAWS PRINCIPLES (OTHER THAN SECTION 5-1401 OF THE NEW YORK GENERAL OBLIGATIONS LAW).
[Remainder of Page Intentionally Left Blank.]
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have caused this Amendment to be executed by their respective officers thereunto duly authorized as of the day and year first above written.
WORKHORSE GROUP INC.
as the Borrower
| || |
|By: || /s/ Duane A. Hughes || |
|Name: ||Duane A. Hughes || |
|Title: ||CEO || |
MARATHON STRUCTURED PRODUCT STRATEGIES FUND, LP
MARATHON BLUE GRASS CREDIT FUND, LP
MARATHON CENTRE STREET PARTNERSHIP, L.P.
TRS CREDIT FUND, LP
By: Marathon Asset Management LP, the investment
advisor to each of the entities listed above
| || |
|By: ||/s/ Louis Hanover || |
|Name: ||Louis Hanover || |
|Title: ||CIO, Co-Managing Partner || |
|WILMINGTON TRUST, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION|
as the Agent
| || |
|By: ||/s/ Jamie Roseberg || |
|Name: ||Jamie Roseberg || |
|Title: ||Banking Officer || |
Signature Page to Third Amendment to Credit Agreement