Form of Global Note to represent the 2.375% Notes Due 2029 of the Company
[IF A GLOBAL NOTE, INSERT: THIS NOTE IS A GLOBAL SECURITY AND IS REGISTERED IN THE NAME OF CEDE & CO., AS NOMINEE OF THE DEPOSITORY TRUST COMPANY, A NEW YORK CORPORATION (THE DEPOSITARY). UNLESS AND UNTIL THIS NOTE IS EXCHANGED FOR NOTES IN DEFINITIVE FORM, THIS NOTE MAY NOT BE TRANSFERRED EXCEPT AS A WHOLE BY THE DEPOSITARY OR A NOMINEE OF THE DEPOSITARY TO THE DEPOSITARY OR ANOTHER DEPOSITARY OR BY THE DEPOSITARY OR ANY SUCH NOMINEE TO A SUCCESSOR DEPOSITARY OR A NOMINEE OF SUCH SUCCESSOR DEPOSITARY.
UNLESS THIS NOTE IS PRESENTED BY AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF THE DEPOSITARY TO THE ISSUER OR ITS AGENT FOR REGISTRATION OF TRANSFER, EXCHANGE OR PAYMENT, AND ANY CERTIFICATE ISSUED IS REGISTERED IN THE NAME OF CEDE & CO. OR IN SUCH OTHER NAME AS IS REQUESTED BY AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF THE DEPOSITARY (AND ANY PAYMENT IS MADE TO CEDE & CO. OR TO SUCH OTHER ENTITY AS IS REQUESTED BY AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF THE DEPOSITARY), ANY TRANSFER, PLEDGE OR OTHER USE HEREOF FOR VALUE OR OTHERWISE BY OR TO ANY PERSON IS WRONGFUL INASMUCH AS THE REGISTERED OWNER HEREOF, CEDE & CO., HAS AN INTEREST HEREIN.]
2.375% NOTES DUE 2029
Number [ ]
CUSIP: 931142 EQ2
ISIN No.: US931142EQ27
WALMART INC., a corporation duly organized and existing under the laws of the State of Delaware, and any successor corporation pursuant to the Indenture (herein referred to as the Company), for value received, hereby promises to pay to [ ] or registered assigns, the principal sum of [ ] DOLLARS ($[ ]), [IF A GLOBAL NOTE, INSERT: except as otherwise noted on the attached Schedule of Increases or Decreases in Global Note,] on September 24, 2029, and to pay interest, computed on the basis of a 360-day year consisting of twelve 30-day months, semi-annually in arrears on March 24 and September 24 of each year, or if any such day is not a Business Day, on the next succeeding Business Day (each, an Interest Payment Date), commencing on March 24, 2020, on said principal sum in like currency, at the rate per annum specified in the title of this Note from September 24, 2019 or from the most recent March 24 or September 24 to which interest has been paid or duly provided for. The interest so payable, and punctually paid or duly provided for, on any Interest Payment Date will be paid to the person in whose name this Note is registered (the Holder) at the close of business on the preceding March 9, in the case of an Interest Payment Date of March 24, and on the preceding September 9, in the case of an Interest Payment Date of September 24 (each, a Record Date). The term Business Day means any day which is not a day on which banking institutions in The City of New York or the relevant place of payment are authorized or required by law, regulation or executive order to close.
Reference is made to the further provisions of this Note set forth on the succeeding sections hereof. Such further provisions shall for all purposes have the same effect as though fully set forth at this place.
This Note shall not be valid or become obligatory for any purpose until the certificate of authentication hereon shall have been signed by the Trustee under the Indenture referred to in Section 1 hereof.
[The signature page of this Note follows.]
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Company has caused this instrument to be signed by its Chairman of the Board, its Vice Chairman, its President or one of its Vice Presidents and by its Secretary or one of its Assistant Secretaries, each by manual or facsimile signature and under its corporate seal.
Name: Matthew Allen
Title: Vice President - Finance & Assistant Treasurer
Name: Gordon Y. Allison
Title: Senior Vice President, Office of the Corporate Secretary, Chief Counsel for Finance and Governance and Assistant Secretary
TRUSTEES CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICATION
This is one of the Securities of the Series designated herein referred to in the within-mentioned Indenture.THE BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON
TRUST COMPANY, N.A.,
[Signature Page to Global 2.375% Note Due 2029]
2.375% NOTES DUE 2029
1. Indenture; Notes. This Note is one of a duly authorized Series of Securities of the Company designated as the 2.375% Notes Due 2029 (the Notes), initially issued in an aggregate principal amount of $500,000,000 on September 24, 2019. Such Series of Securities has been established pursuant to, and is one of an indefinite number of Series of debt securities of the Company, issued or issuable under and pursuant to, the Indenture, dated as of July 19, 2005, by and between the Company, as Issuer, and The Bank of New York Mellon Trust Company, N.A., as Trustee (the Trustee), as supplemented and amended by the First Supplemental Indenture, dated as of December 1, 2006, the Second Supplemental Indenture, dated as of December 19, 2014, and the Third Supplemental Indenture, dated as of June 26, 2018, in each case, by and between the Company, as Issuer, and the Trustee (as so amended and supplemented, the Indenture), to which Indenture and all indentures supplemental thereto reference is hereby made for a statement of the rights, limitations of rights, obligations, duties and immunities thereunder of the Trustee, the Company and the Holders of the Notes and of the terms upon which this Note is, and is to be, authenticated and delivered. The terms, conditions and provisions of the Notes are those stated in the Indenture, those made part of the Indenture by reference to the Trust Indenture Act of 1939, as amended, and those set forth in this Note. To the extent that the terms, conditions and other provisions of this Note modify, supplement or are inconsistent with those of the Indenture, then the terms, conditions and other provisions of this Note shall govern.
All capitalized terms which are used but not defined in this Note shall have the meanings assigned to them in the Indenture.
The Company may, without the consent of the Holders, create and issue additional Securities ranking equally with the Notes and otherwise identical in all respects (except for the public offering price, initial interest accrual date, initial Interest Payment Date, and the issue date) so that such additional Securities shall be consolidated and form a single Series with the Notes; provided, however, that any additional Securities that are not fungible with any then outstanding Notes for United States federal income tax purposes will be issued under CUSIP and ISIN numbers separate from the CUSIP and ISIN numbers of such outstanding Notes; and provided, further, that no additional Securities of any existing or new Series may be issued under the Indenture if an Event of Default has occurred and remains uncured thereunder.
2. Ranking. The Notes shall constitute the senior unsecured debt obligations of the Company and shall rank equally in right of payment among themselves and with all other existing and future senior unsecured debt obligations of the Company.
3. Payment of Overdue Amounts. The Company shall pay interest on overdue principal and overdue installments of interest, if any, from time to time, calculated on the basis of a 360-day year consisting of twelve 30-day months, giving effect to the actual payment date for such overdue principal and overdue installments of interest, on demand at the interest rate borne by the Notes to the extent lawful.
(a) Make-Whole Redemption. At any time prior to June 24, 2029, the Notes shall be redeemable, as a whole or in part, at the option of the Company, at a redemption price equal to the greater of:
100% of the principal amount of the Notes to be redeemed, plus any accrued and unpaid interest to, but excluding, the redemption date; and
the sum of the present values of the Remaining Scheduled Payments (as defined below), plus any accrued and unpaid interest to, but excluding, the redemption date.
In determining the present value of the Remaining Scheduled Payments, the Company shall discount such payments to the redemption date on a semi-annual basis (assuming a 360-day year consisting of twelve 30-day months) using a discount rate equal to the Applicable Treasury Rate plus ten (10) basis points (i.e., 0.100%).
Applicable Treasury Rate means, with respect to any redemption date, the rate per annum equal to the semi-annual equivalent yield to maturity of the Comparable Treasury Issue. In determining this rate, the Company shall assume a price for the Comparable Treasury Issue (expressed as a percentage of its principal amount) equal to the Comparable Treasury Price for such redemption date.
Comparable Treasury Issue means the United States Treasury security selected by the Independent Investment Banker as having a maturity comparable to the remaining term of the Notes to be redeemed (assuming the Notes of such series matured on the Par Call Date (as defined below) for the Notes of such series) that would be utilized, at the time of selection and in accordance with customary financial practice, in pricing a new issue of corporate debt securities of comparable maturity to the remaining term of such Notes.
Comparable Treasury Price means, with respect to any redemption date, the arithmetic average, as determined by the Independent Investment Banker, of the Reference Treasury Dealer Quotations for such redemption date.
Independent Investment Banker means one of the Reference Treasury Dealers that the Company appoints to act as the Independent Investment Banker from time to time.
Reference Treasury Dealer means each of Barclays Capital Inc., BofA Securities, Inc. and Citigroup Global Markets Inc. or one of their respective affiliates or successors; provided, however, that if any of the foregoing firms shall cease to be a primary U.S. Government securities dealer (a Primary Treasury Dealer), the Company shall substitute therefor another Primary Treasury Dealer for such entity.
Reference Treasury Dealer Quotations means, with respect to each Reference Treasury Dealer and any redemption date, the arithmetic average, as determined by the Independent Investment Banker, of the bid and asked prices for the Comparable Treasury Issue (expressed in each case as a percentage of its principal amount) quoted in writing to the Independent Investment Banker by such Reference Treasury Dealer by 5:00 p.m., New York City time, on the third business day preceding such redemption date.
Remaining Scheduled Payments means, with respect to the Notes, the remaining scheduled payments of the principal thereof to be redeemed and interest thereon that would be due after the related redemption date but for such redemption (assuming the Notes of such series matured on the Par Call Date for the Notes of such series); provided, however, that, if such redemption date is not an interest payment date with respect to such Note, the amount of the next scheduled interest payment thereon will be reduced by the amount of interest accrued thereon to such redemption date.
Par Call Date means June 24, 2029.
(b) Par-Call Redemption. At any time on or after the Par Call Date, the Notes shall be redeemable, as a whole or in part, at the option of the Company at a redemption price equal to 100% of the principal amount of the Notes to be redeemed, plus any accrued and unpaid interest to, but excluding, the redemption date.
(c) Redemption Procedures. Any Notes to be redeemed by the Company shall be redeemed in accordance with the provisions of Article Four of the Indenture, including, without limitation, the requirement that any notice of redemption must be mailed to each registered holder of the Notes being redeemed at least 10 days but not more than 60 days prior to the redemption date. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the calculation of the redemption price for any Notes pursuant to Section 4(a) above and any accrued and unpaid interest payable upon the redemption of such Notes shall be made by the Company or on behalf of the Company by a Person designated by the Company. Such calculation shall not be the duty or obligation of the Trustee unless otherwise agreed by the Company and the Trustee.
5. Place and Method of Payment. The Company shall pay principal of and interest on the Notes at the office or agency of the Paying Agent (as defined in Section 14 hereof) in the Borough of Manhattan, The City of New York; provided, however, that at the option of the Company, the Company may pay interest by check mailed to the person entitled thereto at such persons address as it appears on the Registry for the Notes.
6. Defeasance of the Notes. Sections 11.02, 11.03 and 11.04 of the Indenture shall apply to the Notes.
7. No Sinking Fund. The Notes are not subject to a sinking fund.
8. Amendment and Modification. Article Nine of the Indenture contains provisions for the amendment or modification of the Indenture and the Notes without the consent of the Holders in certain circumstances and requiring the consent of Holders of not less than a majority in aggregate principal amount of the Notes and Securities of other Series that would be affected in certain other circumstances. However, the Indenture requires the consent of each Holder of the Notes and Securities of other Series that would be affected for certain specified amendments or modifications of the Indenture and the Notes. These provisions of the Indenture, which provide for, among other things, the execution of supplemental indentures, are applicable to the Notes.
9. Event of Default; Acceleration of Maturity; Rescission and Annulment. If an Event of Default with respect to the Notes shall occur and be continuing, then the aggregate principal amount of the Notes of this Series may be declared by either the Trustee or the Holders of not less than 25% in aggregate principal amount of the Notes of this Series then Outstanding to be, and, in certain cases, may automatically become, immediately due and payable in the manner, with the effect and subject to the conditions provided in the Indenture. The Indenture provides that, in the event of such an acceleration of the maturity of the Notes, the Holders of a majority in aggregate principal amount of all of the Notes of this Series then Outstanding, voting as a separate class, in accordance with the provisions of, and in the circumstances provided by, the Indenture, may rescind and annul such acceleration and its consequences with respect to all of the Notes.
10. Absolute Obligation. No reference herein to the Indenture and no provisions of the Notes or of the Indenture shall alter or impair the obligation of the Company, which is absolute and unconditional, to pay the principal of and interest on this Note at the place, at the time and in the coin or currency herein prescribed.
11. Form and Denominations; Global Note; Definitive Notes. The Notes are being issued in registered form without interest coupons in denominations of $2,000 and integral multiples of $1,000 in excess thereof. The Notes are initially being issued in the form of one or more global notes (each, a Global Note), evidencing all or any portion of the Notes and registered in the name of The Depository Trust Company (the Depositary) or its nominee (including their respective successors) as Depositary under the Indenture. The Notes shall be issued in certificated form (each, a Definitive Note) only in the following limited circumstances: (a) the Depositary is at any time unwilling or unable to continue as Depositary or ceases to be a clearing agency registered under applicable law, and a successor depositary is not appointed by the Company within 90 days after the Company receives such notice or becomes aware of such ineligibility; (b) the Company delivers to the Trustee a Company Order to the effect that this Note shall be exchangeable for Definitive Notes; or (c) an Event of Default has occurred and is continuing with respect to the Notes, in each such case this Note shall be exchangeable for Definitive Notes in an equal aggregate principal amount. Such Definitive Notes shall be registered in such name or names as the Depositary shall instruct the Trustee.
12. Registration, Transfer and Exchange. As provided in the Indenture and subject to certain limitations therein set forth, the Company shall provide for the registration of the Notes and the transfer and exchange of the Notes, whether in global or definitive form. At the option of the Holders, at the offices of the Registrar (as defined in Section 14 hereof), or at any of such other offices or agencies as may be designated and maintained by the Company for such purpose pursuant to the provisions of the Indenture, and in the manner and subject to the limitations provided in the Indenture, but without the payment of any service charge, except for any transfer tax or other governmental charges imposed in connection therewith, the Notes may be transferred or exchanged for an equal aggregate principal amount of the Notes of like tenor and of other authorized denominations upon surrender and cancellation of the Notes upon any such transfer.
The Company, the Trustee and any agent of the Company or of the Trustee may deem and treat the Holder as the absolute owner of this Note (whether or not the Notes shall be overdue and notwithstanding any notation of ownership or other writing hereon), for the purpose of receiving payments hereon, or on account hereof, and for all other purposes, and neither the Company nor the Trustee nor any agent of the Company or of the Trustee shall be affected by any notice to the contrary. All such payments made to or upon the order of such Holder shall, to the extent of the amount or amounts paid, effectually satisfy and discharge liability for moneys payable on this Note.
Notwithstanding the preceding paragraphs of this Section 12, any registration of transfer or exchange of a Global Note shall be subject to the terms of the legend appearing on the initial page thereof.
13. No Recourse Against Others. No recourse under or upon any obligation, covenant or agreement of the Company arising under or set forth in the Notes or under the Indenture, or for any claim based thereon or otherwise in respect thereof, shall be had against any incorporator, stockholder, officer or director, as such, past, present or future, of the Company or of any successor corporation, either directly or through the Company or any successor corporation, whether by virtue of any constitution, statute or rule of law or by the enforcement of any assessment or penalty or otherwise, any and all such personal liability, either at common law or in equity or by constitution or statute, of, and any and all such rights and claims against, every such incorporator, stockholder, officer or director, as such, being, by the acceptance hereof and as part of the consideration for the issue hereof, expressly waived and released.
14. Appointment of Agents. The Bank of New York Mellon Trust Company, N. A. is hereby appointed (a) the registrar (the Registrar) for the purpose of registering the Notes and of effecting transfers and exchanges of the Notes pursuant to the Indenture and this Note and (b) the Paying Agent pursuant to Section 3.04 of the Indenture (the Paying Agent).
15. Notices. If the Company is required to give notice to the Holders of the Notes pursuant to the terms of the Indenture, then it shall do so by the means and in the manner set forth in Section 1.06 of the Indenture.
16. Separability. In case any provision of the Indenture or the Notes shall, for any reason, be held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, then the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions thereof and hereof shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
17. GOVERNING LAW. THE NOTES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY, AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK.
To assign this Note, fill in the form below:
For the value received, the undersigned hereby assigns and transfers the within Note, and all rights thereunder, to:
(Insert assignees legal name)
(Insert assignees social security or tax identification number)
(Print or type assignees name, address and zip code)
and irrevocably appoints
to transfer this Note on the books of Walmart Inc. The agent may substitute another to act for it.
|(Sign exactly as your name appears on the face of this Note)|
The signature(s) should be Guaranteed by an Eligible Guarantor Institution pursuant to Rule 17Ad-15 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended.
* * * * *
The following abbreviations, when used in the inscription on the face of the within Note, shall be construed as though they were written out in full according to applicable laws or regulations:
|TEN COM -|| |
as tenants in common
|TEN ENT -|| |
as tenants by the entireties
|JT ENT -|| |
as joint tenants with right
of survivorship and not as
tenants in common
___________ UNIF GIFT MIN ACT - ______ Custodian ______ under the Uniform Gifts to Minors Act _____ (Cust) (Minor) (State)
Additional abbreviations may also be used although not in the above list.
[IF A GLOBAL NOTE, INSERT: SCHEDULE OF INCREASES OR DECREASES IN GLOBAL NOTE]
The following increases or decreases in this Global Note have been made.
Date of Change
Amount of decrease
Amount of increase in Principal
Principal Amount of this Global
Signature of authorized