9. Notices. All communications hereunder will be in writing and, if sent to the Underwriters, will be mailed, delivered or telegraphed and confirmed to the Representatives, to: (a) Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC, Eleven Madison Avenue, New York, New York 10010-3629 Facsimile: (212) 325-4296 Attention: CM&A; (b) BofA Securities, Inc., 1540 Broadway, NY8-540-26-02, New York, NY 10036, Attention: High Grade Transaction Management/Legal, fax: (646) 855-5958, email: ***@***; (c) J.P. Morgan Securities LLC at 383 Madison Avenue, New York, New York 10179, Attention: High Grade Syndicate Desk, fax: (212) 834-6081; and (d) Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC, 1585 Broadway, New York, New York 10036, Attention: Investment Banking Division, fax: (212) 507-8999; or, if sent to the Company, will be mailed, delivered or telegraphed and confirmed to it at address and numbers of the Company set forth in the Registration Statement, Attention: Philip S. Welt, Executive Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary; provided, however, that any notice to an Underwriter pursuant to Section 6 will be mailed, delivered or telegraphed and confirmed to such Underwriter.
10. Patriot Act. In accordance with the requirements of the USA Patriot Act (Title III of Pub. L. 107-56 (signed into law October 26, 2001)), the underwriters are required to obtain, verify and record information that identifies their respective clients, including the Company, which information may include the name and address of their respective clients, as well as other information that will allow the underwriters to properly identify their respective clients.
11. Counterparts. This Agreement may be signed in two or more counterparts, each of which shall be an original, with the same effect as if the signatures thereto and hereto were upon the same instrument. Counterparts may be delivered via facsimile, electronic mail (including any electronic signature covered by the U.S. federal ESIGN Act of 2000, Uniform Electronic Transactions Act, the Electronic Signatures and Records Act or other applicable law, e.g., www.docusign.com) or other transmission method and any counterpart so delivered shall be deemed to have been duly and validly delivered and be valid and effective for all purposes.
12. Applicable Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of New York.
13. Headings. The headings of the sections of this Agreement have been inserted for convenience of reference only and shall not be deemed a part of this Agreement.
14. Parties. This Agreement shall be binding upon, and inure solely to the benefit of, the Underwriters, the Company and, to the extent provided in Section 6 hereof, the officers and directors of the Company who signed the Registration Statement, the officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliates of any Underwriter and each person who controls the Company or any Underwriter, and their respective heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, and no other person shall acquire or have any right under or by virtue of this Agreement. No purchaser of any of the Securities from any Underwriter shall be deemed a successor or assign by reason merely of such purchase.