THE COMPANY, IN THEIR CAPACITY AS SUCH OR OTHERWISE), WHETHER BROUGHT ON AN INDIVIDUAL, GROUP, COLLECTIVE, OR CLASS BASIS, ARISING OUT OF, RELATING TO, OR RESULTING FROM EXECUTIVES EMPLOYMENT WITH THE COMPANY OR THE TERMINATION OF EXECUTIVES EMPLOYMENT WITH THE COMPANY, INCLUDING ANY BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT, SHALL BE SUBJECT TO BINDING ARBITRATION, AS SET FORTH IN THE CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION AGREEMENT.
14. Assignment. This Agreement will be binding upon and inure to the benefit of (a) the heirs, executors and legal representatives of Executive upon Executives death and (b) any successor of the Company. Any such successor of the Company will be deemed substituted for the Company under the terms of this Agreement for all purposes. For this purpose, successor means any person, firm, corporation or other business entity which at any time, whether by purchase, merger or otherwise, directly or indirectly acquires all or substantially all of the assets or business of the Company. None of the rights of Executive to receive any form of compensation payable pursuant to this Agreement may be assigned or transferred except by will or the laws of descent and distribution. Any other attempted assignment, transfer, conveyance or other disposition of Executives right to compensation or other benefits will be null and void.
15. Notices. All notices, requests, demands and other communications called for under this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be delivered personally by hand or by courier, mailed by United States first-class mail, postage prepaid, or FedEx overnight directed to the Party to be notified at the address indicated for such Party on the signature page to this Agreement, or at such other address as such Party may designate by ten (10) days advance written notice to the other Parties hereto. In addition, the Company may deliver to Executive any notices, requests, demands and other communications called for under this Agreement by e-mail. All such notices and other communications shall be deemed given upon personal delivery or being e-mailed, or three (3) days after the date of mailing.
16. Severability. In the event that any provision hereof becomes or is declared by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, unenforceable or void, this Agreement will continue in full force and effect without said provision.
17. Integration. This Agreement, together with the 2014 Stock Plan, Option Plan, Option Agreement and the Confidential Information Agreement represents the entire agreement and understanding between the parties as to the subject matter herein and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements whether written or oral. No waiver, alteration, or modification of any of the provisions of this Agreement will be binding unless in writing and signed by duly authorized representatives of the parties hereto.
18. Tax Withholding. All payments made pursuant to this Agreement will be subject to withholding of applicable taxes.
19. Waiver. No Party shall be deemed to have waived any right, power or privilege under this Agreement or any provisions hereof unless such waiver shall have been duly executed in writing and acknowledged by the Party to be charged with such waiver. The failure of any Party at any time to insist on performance of any of the provisions of this Agreement shall in no way be construed to be a waiver of such provisions, nor in any way to affect the validity of this Agreement or any part hereof. No waiver of any breach of this Agreement shall be held to be a waiver of any other subsequent breach
20. Governing Law. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the State of California (with the exception of its conflict of laws provisions).
21. Conflict Waiver. Each of the Parties to this Agreement understands that Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, Professional Corporation (WSGR), is serving as counsel to the Company in connection with the
- 7 -