Form of Restricted Stock Unit Grant Notice and Restricted Stock Unit Award Agreement under the UroGen Pharma Ltd. 2019 Inducement Plan
UROGEN PHARMA LTD.
RESTRICTED STOCK UNIT GRANT NOTICE
( 2019 INDUCEMENT PLAN)
UroGen Pharma Ltd. (the Company), pursuant to its 2019 Inducement Plan (the Plan), hereby awards to Participant a Restricted Stock Unit Award for the number of shares of the Companys Ordinary Shares (Restricted Stock Units) set forth below (the Award). The Award is subject to all of the terms and conditions as set forth in this notice of grant (this Restricted Stock Unit Grant Notice) and in the Plan and the Restricted Stock Unit Award Agreement (the Award Agreement), both of which are attached hereto and incorporated herein in their entirety. Capitalized terms not explicitly defined herein shall have the meanings set forth in the Plan or the Award Agreement. In the event of any conflict between the terms in the Award and the Plan, the terms of the Plan shall control.
Date of Grant:
Vesting Commencement Date:
Number of Restricted Stock Units:
[ , subject to the Participants Continuous Service though such vesting date.]
Subject to any Capitalization Adjustment, one Ordinary Share will be issued for each Restricted Stock Unit that vests at the time set forth in Section 6 of the Award Agreement.
Additional Terms/Acknowledgements: Participant acknowledges receipt of, and understands and agrees to, this Restricted Stock Unit Grant Notice, the Award Agreement and the Plan. Participant further acknowledges that as of the Date of Grant, this Restricted Stock Unit Grant Notice, the Award Agreement and the Plan set forth the entire understanding between Participant and the Company regarding the acquisition of Ordinary Shares pursuant to the Award specified above and supersede all prior oral and written agreements on the terms of this Award with the exception, if applicable, of (i) the written employment agreement, offer letter or other written agreement entered into between the Company and Participant specifying the terms that should govern this specific Award, and (ii) any compensation recovery policy that is adopted by the Company or is otherwise required by applicable law.
By accepting this Award, Participant acknowledges having received and read the Restricted Stock Unit Grant Notice, the Award Agreement and the Plan and agrees to all of the terms and conditions set forth in these documents. Participant consents to receive Plan documents by electronic delivery and to participate in the Plan through an on-line or electronic system established and maintained by the Company or another third party designated by the Company.
UROGEN PHARMA LTD.
ATTACHMENTS: Award Agreement and 2019 Inducement Plan
UROGEN PHARMA LTD.
2019 INDUCEMENT PLAN
RESTRICTED STOCK UNIT AWARD AGREEMENT
Pursuant to the Restricted Stock Unit Award Grant Notice (the Grant Notice) and this Restricted Stock Unit Award Agreement (the Agreement), UroGen Pharma Ltd. (the Company) has awarded you a Restricted Stock Unit Award (the Award) under its 2019 Inducement Plan (the Plan) for the number of Restricted Stock Units indicated in the Grant Notice. Defined terms not explicitly defined in this Agreement or in the Grant Notice shall have the same meanings given to them in the Plan. In the event of any conflict between the terms in this Agreement and the Plan, the terms of the Plan shall control. The details of your Award, in addition to those set forth in the Grant Notice and the Plan, are as follows.
1. GRANT OF THE AWARD. Subject to adjustment and the terms and conditions as provided herein and in the Plan, this Award represents the right to be issued on a future date one share of the Companys Ordinary Shares for each Restricted Stock Unit that vests. Except as otherwise provided herein, you will not be required to make any payment to the Company (other than future services to the Company) with respect to your receipt of the Award, the vesting of the shares or the delivery of the underlying Ordinary Shares.
2. VESTING. Subject to the limitations contained herein, your Award shall vest as provided in the Grant Notice, provided that vesting shall cease upon the termination of your Continuous Service. Any Restricted Stock Units that have not vested shall be forfeited upon the termination of your Continuous Service.
NUMBER OF RESTRICTED STOCK UNITS & ORDINARY SHARES.
(a) The Restricted Stock Units subject to your Award may be adjusted from time to time for Capitalization Adjustments, as provided in the Plan.
(b) Any additional Restricted Stock Units and any shares, cash or other property that become subject to the Award pursuant to this Section 3 shall be subject, in a manner determined by the Board, to the same forfeiture restrictions, restrictions on transferability, and time and manner of delivery as applicable to the other Restricted Stock Units and shares covered by your Award.
(c) Notwithstanding the provisions of this Section 3, no fractional shares or rights for fractional Ordinary Shares shall be created pursuant to this Section 3. Any fraction of a share will be rounded down to the nearest whole share.
4. SECURITIES LAW COMPLIANCE. You may not be issued any Ordinary Shares or other shares under your Award unless either (i) the shares are registered under the Securities Act; or (ii) the Company has determined that such issuance would be exempt from the registration requirements of the Securities Act. Your Award also must comply with other applicable laws and regulations governing the Award, and you will not receive such shares if the Company determines that such receipt would not be in material compliance with such laws and regulations.
5. TRANSFERABILITY. Prior to the time that Ordinary Shares have been delivered to you, you may not transfer, pledge, sell or otherwise dispose of this Award or the shares issuable in respect of your Award, except as expressly provided in this Section 5. For example, you may not use shares that may be issued in respect of your Restricted Stock Units as security for a loan. The restrictions on transfer set forth herein will lapse upon delivery to you of shares in respect of your vested Restricted Stock Units. Notwithstanding the foregoing, by delivering written notice to the Company, in a form satisfactory to the Company, you may designate a third party who, in the event of your death, will thereafter be entitled to receive any distribution of Ordinary Shares to which you were entitled at the time of your death pursuant to this Award Agreement. In the absence of such a designation, your legal representative will be entitled to receive, on behalf of your estate, such Ordinary Shares or other consideration.
(a) Death. Your Award is transferable by will and by the laws of descent and distribution. At your death, vesting of your Award will cease and your executor or administrator of your estate will be entitled to receive, on behalf of your estate, any Ordinary Shares or other consideration that vested but was not issued before your death.
(b) Domestic Relations Orders. Upon receiving written permission from the Board or its duly authorized designee, and provided that you and the designated transferee enter into transfer and other agreements required by the Company, you may transfer your right to receive the distribution of Ordinary Shares or other consideration hereunder, pursuant to a domestic relations order, official marital settlement agreement or other divorce or separation instrument that contains the information required by the Company to effectuate the transfer. You are encouraged to discuss the proposed terms of any division of this Award with the Company General Counsel prior to finalizing the domestic relations order or marital settlement agreement to verify that you may make such transfer, and if so, to help ensure the required information is contained within the domestic relations order or marital settlement agreement.
ISSUANCE OF SHARES.
(a) Issuance of shares under this Award is intended to comply with U.S. Treasury Regulation Section 1.409A-1(b)(4) and shall be construed and administered in such a manner.
(b) Subject to the satisfaction of the withholding obligations set forth in Section 10 of this Agreement, in the event one or more Restricted Stock Units vests, the Company shall issue to you one (1) Ordinary Share for each Restricted Stock Unit that vests on the applicable vesting date(s). The issuance date determined by this paragraph is referred to as the Original Issuance Date. If the Original Issuance Date falls on a date that is not a business day, delivery shall instead occur on the next following business day.
(c) Notwithstanding the foregoing, if (i) the Original Issuance Date does not occur (1) during an open window period applicable to you, as determined by the Company in accordance with the Companys then-effective policy on trading in Company securities, or (2) on a date when you are otherwise permitted to sell Ordinary Shares on an established stock exchange or stock market, and (ii) the Company elects, prior to the Original Issuance Date, (1) not to satisfy the tax withholding obligations described in Section 10 by withholding Ordinary Shares from the shares otherwise due, on the Original Issuance Date, to you under this Award, and (2) not to permit you to enter into a same day sale commitment with a broker-dealer pursuant to Section 10 of this Agreement (including but not limited to a commitment under a 10b5-1 trading plan) and (3) not to permit you to satisfy the withholding obligations using cash or from compensation otherwise payable to you by the Company, then such shares shall not be delivered on such Original Issuance Date and shall instead be delivered on the first business day when you are not prohibited from selling shares of the Companys Ordinary Shares in the open public market, but in no event later than December 31 of the calendar year in which the Original Issuance Date occurs (that is, the last day of your taxable year in which the Original Issuance Date occurs), or, if permitted in a manner that complies with Treasury Regulation Section 1.409A-1(b)(4), in no event later than the date that is the 15th day of the third calendar month of the year following the year in which the Ordinary Shares under this Award are no longer subject to a substantial risk of forfeiture within the meaning of Treasury Regulation Section 1.409A-1(d).
(d) Any Ordinary Shares issued to you may be in electronic form, at the election of the Company.
7. DIVIDENDS. You shall receive no benefit or adjustment to your Award with respect to any cash dividend, stock dividend or other distribution that does not result from a Capitalization Adjustment; provided, however, that this sentence shall not apply with respect to any Ordinary Shares that are delivered to you in connection with your Award after such shares have been delivered to you.
8. RESTRICTIVE LEGENDS. The Ordinary Shares issued under your Award shall be endorsed with appropriate legends as determined by the Company.
9. AWARD NOT A SERVICE CONTRACT. Your Continuous Service with the Company or an Affiliate is not for any specified term and may be terminated by you or by the Company or an Affiliate at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice. Nothing in this Agreement (including, but not limited to, the vesting of your Award or the issuance of the shares subject to your Award), the Plan or any covenant of good faith and fair dealing that may be found implicit in this Agreement or the Plan shall: (i) confer upon you any right to continue in the employ or service of, or affiliation with, the Company or an Affiliate; (ii) constitute any promise or commitment by the Company or an Affiliate regarding the fact or nature of future positions, future work assignments, future compensation or any other term or condition of employment or affiliation; (iii) confer any right or benefit under this Agreement or the Plan unless such right or benefit has specifically accrued under the terms of this Agreement or Plan; or (iv) deprive the Company of the right to terminate you at will and without regard to any future vesting opportunity that you may have.
(a) On each vesting date, and on or before the time you receive a distribution of the shares subject to your Award, or at any time as reasonably requested by the Company in accordance with applicable tax laws, you hereby authorize any required withholding from the Ordinary Shares issuable to you and/or otherwise agree to make adequate provision in cash for any sums required to satisfy the federal, state, local and foreign tax withholding obligations of the Company or any Affiliate which arise in connection with your Award (the Withholding Taxes). Additionally, the Company or an Affiliate may, in its sole discretion, satisfy all or any portion of the Withholding Taxes obligation relating to your Award by any of the following means or by a combination of such means: (i) withholding from any compensation otherwise payable to you by the Company or an Affiliate; (ii) causing you to tender a cash payment; (iii) permitting or requiring you to enter into a same day sale commitment with a broker-dealer that is a member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (a FINRA Dealer) (pursuant to this authorization and without further consent) whereby you irrevocably elect to sell a portion of the shares to be delivered under the Award to satisfy the Withholding Taxes and whereby the FINRA Dealer irrevocably commits to forward the proceeds necessary to satisfy the Withholding Taxes directly to the Company and/or its Affiliates; or (iv) withholding Ordinary Shares from the Ordinary Shares issued or otherwise issuable to you in connection with the Award with a Fair Market Value (measured as of the date Ordinary Shares are issued to you) equal to the amount of such Withholding Taxes; provided, however, that the number of such Ordinary Shares so withheld will not exceed the amount necessary to satisfy the Companys required tax withholding obligations using the minimum statutory withholding rates for federal, state, local and foreign tax purposes, including payroll taxes, that are applicable to supplemental taxable income; and provided, further, that to the extent necessary to qualify for an exemption from application of Section 16(b) of the Exchange Act, if applicable, such share withholding procedure will be subject to the express prior approval of the Companys Compensation Committee. However, the Company does not guarantee that you will be able to satisfy the Withholding Taxes through any of the methods described in the preceding provisions and in all circumstances you remain responsible for timely and fully satisfying the Withholding Taxes.
(b) Unless the tax withholding obligations of the Company and/or any Affiliate are satisfied, the Company shall have no obligation to deliver to you any Ordinary Shares.
(c) In the event the Companys obligation to withhold arises prior to the delivery to you of Ordinary Shares or it is determined after the delivery of Ordinary Shares to you that the amount of the Companys withholding obligation was greater than the amount withheld by the Company, you agree to indemnify and hold the Company harmless from any failure by the Company to withhold the proper amount.
11. UNSECURED OBLIGATION. Your Award is unfunded, and as a holder of a vested Award, you shall be considered an unsecured creditor of the Company with respect to the Companys obligation, if any, to issue shares or other property pursuant to this Agreement. You shall not have voting or any other rights as a stockholder of the Company with respect to the shares to be issued pursuant to this Agreement until such shares are issued to you. Upon such issuance, you will obtain full voting and other rights as a stockholder of the Company. Nothing contained in this Agreement, and no action taken pursuant to its provisions, shall create or be construed to create a trust of any kind or a fiduciary relationship between you and the Company or any other person.
12. OTHER DOCUMENTS. You hereby acknowledge receipt or the right to receive a document providing the information required by Rule 428(b)(1) promulgated under the Securities Act, which includes the Plan prospectus. In addition, you acknowledge receipt of the Companys policy permitting certain individuals to sell shares only during certain window periods and the Companys insider trading policy, in effect from time to time.
13. NOTICES. Any notices provided for in your Award or the Plan shall be given in writing and shall be deemed effectively given upon receipt or, in the case of notices delivered by the Company to you, five (5) days after deposit in the mail, postage prepaid, addressed to you at the last address you provided to the Company. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company may, in its sole discretion, decide to deliver any documents related to participation in the Plan and this Award by electronic means or to request your consent to participate in the Plan by electronic means. You hereby consent to receive such documents by electronic delivery and, if requested, to agree to participate in the Plan through an on-line or electronic system established and maintained by the Company or another third party designated by the Company.
(a) The rights and obligations of the Company under your Award shall be transferable to any one or more persons or entities, and all covenants and agreements hereunder shall inure to the benefit of, and be enforceable by the Companys successors and assigns. Your rights and obligations under your Award may only be assigned with the prior written consent of the Company.
(b) You agree upon request to execute any further documents or instruments necessary or desirable in the sole determination of the Company to carry out the purposes or intent of your Award.
(c) You acknowledge and agree that you have reviewed your Award in its entirety, have had an opportunity to obtain the advice of counsel prior to executing and accepting your Award, and fully understand all provisions of your Award.
(d) This Agreement shall be subject to all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, and to such approvals by any governmental agencies or national securities exchanges as may be required.
(e) All obligations of the Company under the Plan and this Agreement shall be binding on any successor to the Company, whether the existence of such successor is the result of a direct or indirect purchase, merger, consolidation, or otherwise, of all or substantially all of the business and/or assets of the Company.
15. GOVERNING PLAN DOCUMENT. Your Award is subject to all the provisions of the Plan, the provisions of which are hereby made a part of your Award, and is further subject to all interpretations, amendments, rules and regulations which may from time to time be promulgated and adopted pursuant to the Plan. Except as expressly provided herein, in the event of any conflict between the provisions of your Award and those of the Plan, the provisions of the Plan shall control. . In addition, your Award (and any compensation paid or shares issued under your Award) is subject to recoupment in accordance with The DoddFrank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act and any implementing regulations thereunder, any clawback policy adopted by the Company and any compensation recovery policy otherwise required by applicable law.
16. SEVERABILITY. If all or any part of this Agreement or the Plan is declared by any court or governmental authority to be unlawful or invalid, such unlawfulness or invalidity shall not invalidate any portion of this Agreement or the Plan not declared to be unlawful or invalid. Any Section of this Agreement (or part of such a Section) so declared to be unlawful or invalid shall, if possible, be construed in a manner which will give effect to the terms of such Section or part of a Section to the fullest extent possible while remaining lawful and valid.
17. EFFECT ON OTHER EMPLOYEE BENEFIT PLANS. The value of the Award subject to this Agreement shall not be included as compensation, earnings, salaries, or other similar terms used when calculating the Employees benefits under any employee benefit plan sponsored by the Company or any Affiliate, except as such plan otherwise expressly provides. The Company expressly reserves its rights to amend, modify, or terminate any of the Companys or any Affiliates employee benefit plans.
18. AMENDMENT. This Agreement may not be modified, amended or terminated except by an instrument in writing, signed by you and by a duly authorized representative of the Company. Notwithstanding the foregoing, this Agreement may be amended solely by the Board by a writing which specifically states that it is amending this Agreement, so long as a copy of such amendment is delivered to you, and provided that, except as otherwise expressly provided in the Plan, no such amendment adversely affecting your rights hereunder may be made without your written consent. Without limiting the foregoing, the Board reserves the right to change, by written notice to you, the provisions of this Agreement in any way it may deem necessary or advisable to carry out the purpose of the grant as a result of any change in applicable laws or regulations or any future law, regulation, ruling, or judicial decision, provided that any such change shall be applicable only to rights relating to that portion of the Award which is then subject to restrictions as provided herein.
19. COMPLIANCE WITH SECTION 409A OF THE CODE. This Award is intended to comply with the short-term deferral rule set forth in Treasury Regulation Section 1.409A-1(b)(4). Notwithstanding the foregoing, if it is determined that the Award fails to satisfy the requirements of the short-term deferral rule and is otherwise not exempt from, and therefore deemed to be deferred compensation subject to Section 409A, and if you are a Specified Employee (within the meaning set forth Section 409A(a)(2)(B)(i) of the Code) as of the date of your separation from service (within the meaning of Treasury Regulation Section 1.409A-1(h)), then the issuance of any shares that would otherwise be made upon the date of the separation from service or within the first six (6) months thereafter will not be made on the originally scheduled date(s) and will instead be issued in a lump sum on the date that is six (6) months and one day after the date of the separation from service, with the balance of the shares issued thereafter in accordance with the original vesting and issuance schedule set forth above, but if
and only if such delay in the issuance of the shares is necessary to avoid the imposition of taxation on you in respect of the shares under Section 409A of the Code. Each installment of shares that vests is intended to constitute a separate payment for purposes of Treasury Regulation Section 1.409A-2(b)(2).
20. NO OBLIGATION TO MINIMIZE TAXES. The Company has no duty or obligation to minimize the tax consequences to you of this Award and shall not be liable to you for any adverse tax consequences to you arising in connection with this Award. You are hereby advised to consult with your own personal tax, financial and/or legal advisors regarding the tax consequences of this Award and by signing the Grant Notice, you have agreed that you have done so or knowingly and voluntarily declined to do so.
2019 INDUCEMENT PLAN