Form of Stock Option Grant Notice and Stock Option Agreement under the UroGen Pharma Ltd. 2019 Inducement Plan
UROGEN PHARMA LTD.
STOCK OPTION GRANT NOTICE
(2019 INDUCEMENT PLAN)
UroGen Pharma Ltd. (the Company), pursuant to its 2019 Inducement Plan (the Plan), hereby grants to Optionholder an option to purchase the number of Ordinary Shares set forth below. This option is subject to all of the terms and conditions as set forth in this notice, in the Option Agreement, the Plan and the Notice of Exercise, all of which are attached hereto and incorporated herein in their entirety. Capitalized terms not explicitly defined herein but defined in the Plan or the Option Agreement will have the same definitions as in the Plan or the Option Agreement. If there is any conflict between the terms in this notice and the Plan, the terms of the Plan will control.
Date of Grant:
Vesting Commencement Date:
Number of Shares Subject to Option:
Exercise Price (Per Share):
Total Exercise Price:
Type of Grant: Nonstatutory Stock Option
Vesting Schedule: [ ], subject to Optionholders Continuous Service as of each such date.
Payment: By one or a combination of the following items (described in the Option Agreement):
By cash, check, bank draft or money order payable to the Company
Pursuant to a Regulation T Program
By delivery of already-owned shares
Subject to the Companys consent at the time of exercise, by a net exercise arrangement
Additional Terms/Acknowledgements: Optionholder acknowledges receipt of, and understands and agrees to, this Stock Option Grant Notice, the Option Agreement and the Plan. Optionholder acknowledges and agrees that this Stock Option Grant Notice and the Option Agreement may not be modified, amended or revised except as provided in the Plan. Optionholder further acknowledges that as of the Date of Grant, this Stock Option Grant Notice, the Option Agreement, and the Plan set forth the entire understanding between Optionholder and the Company regarding this option award and supersede all prior oral and written agreements, promises and/or representations on that subject with the exception of (i) options previously granted and delivered to Optionholder, (ii) any compensation recovery policy that is adopted by the Company or is otherwise required by applicable law and (iii) any written employment or severance arrangement that would provide for vesting acceleration of this option upon the terms and conditions set forth therein.
By accepting this option, Optionholder consents to receive such documents by electronic delivery and to participate in the Plan through an on-line or electronic system established and maintained by the Company or another third party designated by the Company.
|UROGEN PHARMA LTD.||OPTIONHOLDER:|
ATTACHMENTS: Option Agreement, 2019 Inducement Plan and Notice of Exercise
UROGEN PHARMA LTD.
2019 INDUCEMENT PLAN
(NONSTATUTORY STOCK OPTION)
Pursuant to your Stock Option Grant Notice (Grant Notice) and this Option Agreement, UroGen Pharma Ltd. (the Company) has granted you an option under its 2019 Inducement Plan (the Plan) to purchase the number of Ordinary Shares indicated in your Grant Notice at the exercise price indicated in your Grant Notice.
The option is granted to you effective as of the date of grant set forth in the Grant Notice (the Date of Grant). The option is granted in compliance with NASDAQ Listing Rule 5635(c)(4) as a material inducement to you entering into employment with the Company.
If there is any conflict between the terms in this Option Agreement and the Plan, the terms of the Plan will control. Capitalized terms not explicitly defined in this Option Agreement or in the Grant Notice but defined in the Plan will have the same definitions as in the Plan.
The details of your option, in addition to those set forth in the Grant Notice and the Plan, are as follows:
1. VESTING. Subject to the limitations contained herein, your option will vest as provided in your Grant Notice, provided that vesting will cease upon the termination of your Continuous Service.
2. NUMBER OF SHARES AND EXERCISE PRICE. The number of Ordinary Shares subject to your option and your exercise price per share referenced in your Grant Notice may be adjusted from time to time for Capitalization Adjustments.
3. EXERCISE RESTRICTION FOR NON-EXEMPT EMPLOYEES. In the event that you are an Employee eligible for overtime compensation under the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938, as amended (i.e., a Non-Exempt Employee), and except as otherwise provided in the Plan, you may not exercise your option until you have completed at least six (6) months of Continuous Service measured from the Date of Grant specified in your Grant Notice, notwithstanding any other provision of your option.
4. METHOD OF PAYMENT. Payment of the exercise price is due in full upon exercise of all or any part of your option. You may elect to make payment of the exercise price in any of the following methods:
(a) By cash, check, bank draft or money order payable to the Company.
(b) Provided that at the time of exercise the Ordinary Shares are publicly traded, pursuant to a program developed under Regulation T as promulgated by the Federal Reserve Board that, prior to the issuance of Ordinary Shares, results in either the receipt of cash (or check) by the Company or the receipt of irrevocable instructions to pay the aggregate exercise price to the Company from the sales proceeds.
(c) Provided that at the time of exercise the Ordinary Shares are publicly traded, by delivery to the Company (either by actual delivery or attestation) of already-owned Ordinary Shares that are owned free and clear of any liens, claims, encumbrances or security interests, and that are valued at Fair Market Value on the date of exercise. Delivery for these purposes, in the sole discretion of the Company at the time you exercise your option, shall include delivery to the Company of your attestation of ownership of such Ordinary Shares in a form approved by the Company. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may not exercise your option by tender to the Company of Ordinary Shares to the extent such tender would violate the provisions of any law, regulation or agreement restricting the redemption of the Companys stock.
(d) Subject to the consent of the Company at the time of exercise, by a net exercise arrangement pursuant to which the Company will reduce the number of Ordinary Shares issued upon exercise of your option by the largest whole number of shares with a Fair Market Value that does not exceed the aggregate exercise price; provided, however, that the Company shall accept a cash or other payment from you to the extent of any remaining balance of the aggregate exercise price not satisfied by such reduction in the number of whole shares to be issued; provided further, however, that Ordinary Shares will no longer be outstanding under your option and will not be exercisable thereafter to the extent that (1) shares are used to pay the exercise price pursuant to the net exercise, (2) shares are delivered to you as a result of such exercise, and (3) shares are withheld to satisfy tax withholding obligations.
5. WHOLE SHARES. You may exercise your option only for whole Ordinary Shares.
6. SECURITIES LAW COMPLIANCE. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, you may not exercise your option unless the Ordinary Shares issuable upon such exercise are then registered under the Securities Act or, if such Ordinary Shares are not then so registered, the Company has determined that such exercise and issuance would be exempt from the registration requirements of the Securities Act. The exercise of your option also must comply with other applicable laws and regulations governing your option, and you may not exercise your option if the Company determines that such exercise would not be in material compliance with such laws and regulations.
7. TERM. You may not exercise your option before the commencement or after the expiration of its term. The term of your option commences on the Date of Grant and expires, subject to the provisions of Section 5(h) of the Plan, upon the earliest of the following:
(a) immediately upon the termination of your Continuous Service for Cause;
(b) three (3) months after the termination of your Continuous Service for any reason other than Cause, your Disability or death (except as otherwise provided in (d) below), provided that if during any part of such three (3) month period your option is not exercisable solely because of the condition set forth in the section above relating to Securities Law Compliance, your option shall not expire until the earlier of the Expiration Date or until it shall have been exercisable for an aggregate period of three (3) months after the termination of your Continuous Service; provided further, if during any part of such three (3) month period, the sale of any Ordinary Shares received upon exercise of your option would violate the Companys insider trading policy, then your option will not expire until the earlier of the Expiration Date or until it has been exercisable for an aggregate period of three (3) months after the termination of your Continuous Service during which the sale of the Ordinary Shares received upon exercise of your option would not be in violation of the Companys insider trading policy. and if (i) you are a Non-Exempt Employee, (ii) your Continuous Service terminates within six (6) months after the Date of Grant specified in your Grant Notice, and (iii) you have vested in a portion of your option at the time of your termination of Continuous Service, your option shall not expire until the earlier of (x) the later of (A) the date that is seven (7) months after the Date of Grant specified in your Grant Notice or (B) the date that is three (3) months after the termination of your Continuous Service, or (y) the Expiration Date;
(c) twelve (12) months after the termination of your Continuous Service due to your Disability;
(d) eighteen (18) months after your death if you die either during your Continuous Service or within three (3) months after your Continuous Service terminates for any reason other than Cause;
(e) the Expiration Date indicated in your Grant Notice; or
(f) the day before the tenth (10th) anniversary of the Date of Grant.
(a) You may exercise the vested portion of your option during its term by delivering a Notice of Exercise (in a form designated by the Company) together with the exercise price to the Secretary of the Company, or to such other person as the Company may designate, during regular business hours, together with such additional documents as the Company may then require.
(b) By exercising your option you agree that, as a condition to any exercise of your option, the Company may require you to enter into an arrangement providing for the payment by you to the Company of any tax withholding obligation of the Company arising by reason of (1) the exercise of your option, (2) the lapse of any substantial risk of forfeiture to which the Ordinary Shares are subject at the time of exercise, or (3) the disposition of Ordinary Shares acquired upon such exercise.
9. TRANSFERABILITY. Except as otherwise provided in this Section 9, your option is not transferable, except by will or by the laws of descent and distribution, and is exercisable during your life only by you.
(a) Certain Trusts. Upon receiving written permission from the Board or its duly authorized designee, you may transfer your option to a trust if you are considered to be the sole beneficial owner (determined under Section 671 of the Code and other applicable law) while the option is held in the trust, provided that you and the trustee enter into transfer and other agreements required by the Company.
(b) Domestic Relations Orders. Upon receiving written permission from the Board or its duly authorized designee, and provided that you and the designated transferee enter into transfer and other agreements required by the Company, you may transfer your option pursuant to the terms of a domestic relations order, official marital settlement agreement or other divorce or separation instrument as permitted by Treasury Regulation 1.421-1(b)(2) that contains the information required by the Company to effectuate the transfer. You are encouraged to discuss the proposed terms of any division of this option with the Company prior to finalizing the domestic relations order or marital settlement agreement to help ensure the required information is contained within the domestic relations order or marital settlement agreement.
(c) Beneficiary Designation. Upon receiving written permission from the Board or its duly authorized designee, you may, by delivering written notice to the Company, in a form provided by or otherwise satisfactory to the Company and any broker designated by the Company to effect option exercises, designate a third party who, in the event of your death, shall thereafter be entitled to exercise this option and receive the Ordinary Shares or other consideration resulting from such exercise. In the absence of such a designation, your executor or administrator of your estate shall be entitled to exercise this option and receive, on behalf of your estate, the Ordinary Shares or other consideration resulting from such exercise.
10. OPTION NOT A SERVICE CONTRACT. Your option is not an employment or service contract, and nothing in your option shall be deemed to create in any way whatsoever any obligation on your part to continue in the employ of the Company or an Affiliate, or of the Company or an Affiliate to continue your employment. In addition, nothing in your option shall obligate the Company or an Affiliate, their respective stockholders, Boards of Directors, Officers or Employees to continue any relationship that you might have as a Director or Consultant for the Company or an Affiliate.
(a) At the time you exercise your option, in whole or in part, or at any time thereafter as requested by the Company, you hereby authorize withholding from payroll and any other amounts payable to you, and otherwise agree to make adequate provision for (including by means of a same day sale pursuant to a program developed under Regulation T as promulgated by the Federal Reserve Board to the extent permitted by the Company), any sums required to satisfy the federal, state, local and foreign tax withholding obligations of the Company or an Affiliate, if any, which arise in connection with the exercise of your option.
(b) Upon your request and subject to approval by the Company, in its sole discretion, and in compliance with any applicable legal conditions or restrictions, the Company may withhold from fully vested Ordinary Shares otherwise issuable to you upon the exercise of your option a number of whole Ordinary Shares having a Fair Market Value, determined by the Company as of the date of exercise, not in excess of the minimum amount of tax required to be withheld by law (or such lower amount as may be necessary to avoid classification of your option as a liability for financial accounting purposes.
(c) You may not exercise your option unless the tax withholding obligations of the Company and/or any Affiliate are satisfied. Accordingly, you may not be able to exercise your option when desired even though your option is vested, and the Company shall have no obligation to issue a certificate for such Ordinary Shares unless such obligations are satisfied.
12. TAX CONSEQUENCES. You hereby agree that the Company does not have a duty to design or administer the Plan or its other compensation programs in a manner that minimizes your tax liabilities. You shall not make any claim against the Company, or any of its Officers, Directors, Employees or Affiliates related to tax liabilities arising from your option or your other compensation. In particular, you acknowledge that this option is exempt from Section 409A of the Code only if the exercise price per share specified in the Grant Notice is at least equal to the fair market value per Ordinary Share on the Date of Grant and there is no other impermissible deferral of compensation associated with the option.
13. OTHER DOCUMENTS. You hereby acknowledge receipt or the right to receive a document providing the information required by Rule 428(b)(1) promulgated under the Securities Act, which includes the Plan prospectus. In addition, you acknowledge receipt of the Companys policy permitting certain individuals to sell shares only during certain window periods and the Companys insider trading policy, in effect from time to time.
14. NOTICES. Any notices provided for in your option or the Plan shall be given in writing and shall be deemed effectively given upon receipt or, in the case of notices delivered by mail by the Company to you, five (5) days after deposit in the mail, postage prepaid, addressed to you at the last address you provided to the Company. The Company may, in its sole discretion, decide to deliver any documents related to participation in the Plan and this option by electronic means or to request your consent to participate in the Plan by electronic means. By accepting this option, you consent to receive such documents by electronic delivery and to participate in the Plan through an on-line or electronic system established and maintained by the Company or another third party designated by the Company.
15. GOVERNING PLAN DOCUMENT. Your option is subject to all the provisions of the Plan, the provisions of which are hereby made a part of your option, and is further subject to all interpretations, amendments, rules and regulations, which may from time to time be promulgated and adopted pursuant to the Plan. In the event of any conflict between the provisions of your option and those of the Plan, the provisions of the Plan shall control. . In addition, your option (and any compensation paid or shares issued under your option) is subject to recoupment in accordance with The DoddFrank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act and any implementing regulations thereunder, any clawback policy adopted by the Company and any compensation recovery policy otherwise required by applicable law.
2019 INDUCEMENT AWARD PLAN
NOTICE OF EXERCISE
UroGen Pharma Ltd.
Date of Exercise:
This constitutes notice to UroGen Pharma Ltd. (the Company) under my stock option that I elect to purchase the below number of Ordinary Shares of the Company (the Shares) for the price set forth below.
Type of option:
Stock option dated:
Number of Shares as to which option is exercised:
Certificates to be issued in name of:
Total exercise price:
Cash payment delivered herewith:
[Value of Shares delivered herewith1:
[Value of Shares pursuant to net exercise:2
[Regulation T Program (cashless exercise3):
Shares must meet the public trading requirements set forth in the option. Shares must be valued in accordance with the terms of the option being exercised, and must be owned free and clear of any liens, claims, encumbrances or security interests. Certificates must be endorsed or accompanied by an executed assignment separate from certificate.
The Company must have established net exercise procedures at the time of exercise in order to utilize this method.
Shares must meet the public trading requirements set forth in the option.
By this exercise, I agree (i) to provide such additional documents as you may require pursuant to the terms of the UroGen Pharma Ltd. 2019 Inducement Plan (as it may be amended from time to time) and (ii) to provide for the payment by me to you (in the manner designated by you) of your withholding obligation, if any, relating to the exercise of this option.
Very truly yours,