18. Notices. All notices, requests, demands and other communications required or permitted hereunder shall be given in writing and shall be deemed to have been duly given if delivered or mailed, postage prepaid, first class as follows:
| || |
|(a) || ||to the Company:|
| || || Unitil Corporation|
| || || 6 Liberty Lane West|
| || || Hampton, New Hampshire 03833|
| || || Attention: Corporate Secretary|
|(b) || ||to the Employee:|
| || || at the address then shown in the Employees employment records.|
19. No Attachment. Except as required by law, no right to receive payments under this Agreement shall be subject to anticipation, commutation, alienation, sale assignment, encumbrance, charge, pledge, or hypothecation or to execution, attachment, levy, or similar process or assignment by operation of law, and any attempt, voluntary or involuntary, to effect any such action shall be null, void and of no effect.
20. Binding Agreement. This Agreement shall be binding upon, and shall inure to the benefit of, the Employee and the Company and their respective permitted successors and assigns.
21. Modification and Waiver. This Agreement may not be modified or amended except by an instrument in writing signed by the parties hereto. No term or condition of this Agreement shall be deemed to have been waived, nor shall there be any estoppel against the enforcement of any provision of this Agreement except by written instrument signed by the party charged with such waiver or estoppel. No such written waiver shall be deemed a continuing waiver unless specifically stated therein, and each such waiver shall operate only as to the specific term or condition waived and shall not constitute a waiver of such term or condition for the future or as to any act other than specifically waived.
22. Headings of No Effect. The paragraph headings contained in this Agreement are included solely for convenience of reference and shall not in any way affect the meaning or interpretation of any of the provisions of this Agreement.