Form of 8.00% Senior Note due 2026
THIS NOTE HAS NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED (THE SECURITIES ACT), AND MAY NOT BE OFFERED, SOLD, PLEDGED OR OTHERWISE TRANSFERRED EXCEPT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE. BY ITS ACQUISITION HEREOF OR OF A BENEFICIAL INTEREST HEREIN, THE ACQUIRER:
(1) REPRESENTS THAT:
(A) IT AND ANY ACCOUNT FOR WHICH IT IS ACTING IS A QUALIFIED INSTITUTIONAL BUYER (WITHIN THE MEANING OF RULE 144A UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT) AND THAT IT EXERCISES SOLE INVESTMENT DISCRETION WITH RESPECT TO EACH SUCH ACCOUNT,
(B) IT IS AN INSTITUTIONAL ACCREDITED INVESTOR (WITHIN THE MEANING OF RULE 501(a) (1), (2), (3) OR (7) UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT) (AN INSTITUTIONAL ACCREDITED INVESTOR) OR
(C) IT IS NOT A U.S. PERSON (WITHIN THE MEANING OF REGULATION S UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT) AND
(2) AGREES FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE COMPANY THAT IT WILL NOT OFFER, SELL, PLEDGE OR OTHERWISE TRANSFER THIS NOTE OR ANY BENEFICIAL INTEREST HEREIN, EXCEPT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE SECURITIES ACT AND ANY APPLICABLE SECURITIES LAWS OF ANY STATE OF THE UNITED STATES AND ONLY:
(A) TO THE COMPANY,
(B) PURSUANT TO A REGISTRATION STATEMENT WHICH HAS BECOME EFFECTIVE UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT,
(C) TO A QUALIFIED INSTITUTIONAL BUYER IN COMPLIANCE WITH RULE 144A UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT,
(D) IN AN OFFSHORE TRANSACTION IN COMPLIANCE WITH RULE 904 OF REGULATION S UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT,
(E) IN A PRINCIPAL AMOUNT OF NOT LESS THAN $100,000, TO AN INSTITUTIONAL ACCREDITED INVESTOR THAT, PRIOR TO SUCH TRANSFER, DELIVERS TO THE TRUSTEE A DULY COMPLETED AND SIGNED CERTIFICATE (THE FORM OF WHICH MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE COMPANY) RELATING TO THE RESTRICTIONS ON TRANSFER OF THIS NOTE, OR
(F) PURSUANT TO AN EXEMPTION FROM REGISTRATION PROVIDED BY RULE 144 UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OR ANY OTHER AVAILABLE EXEMPTION FROM THE REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS OF THE SECURITIES ACT.
PRIOR TO THE REGISTRATION OF ANY TRANSFER IN ACCORDANCE WITH (2)(C) ABOVE OR (2)(D) ABOVE, A DULY COMPLETED AND SIGNED CERTIFICATE (THE FORM OF WHICH MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE COMPANY) MUST BE DELIVERED TO THE TRUSTEE. PRIOR TO THE REGISTRATION OF ANY TRANSFER IN ACCORDANCE WITH (2)(E) OR (F) ABOVE, THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REQUIRE THE DELIVERY OF SUCH LEGAL OPINIONS, CERTIFICATIONS OR OTHER EVIDENCE AS MAY REASONABLY BE REQUIRED IN ORDER TO DETERMINE THAT THE PROPOSED TRANSFER IS BEING MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE SECURITIES ACT AND APPLICABLE STATE SECURITIES LAWS. NO REPRESENTATION IS MADE AS TO THE AVAILABILITY OF ANY RULE 144 EXEMPTION FROM THE REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS OF THE SECURITIES ACT.
UNLESS THIS CERTIFICATE IS PRESENTED BY AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF THE DEPOSITORY TRUST COMPANY, A NEW YORK CORPORATION (DTC), TO THE COMPANY OR ITS AGENT FOR REGISTRATION OF TRANSFER, EXCHANGE OR PAYMENT, AND ANY CERTIFICATE ISSUED IS REGISTERED IN THE NAME OF CEDE & CO. OR IN SUCH OTHER NAME AS IS REQUESTED BY AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF DTC (AND ANY PAYMENT IS MADE TO CEDE & CO. OR TO SUCH OTHER ENTITY AS IS REQUESTED BY AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF DTC), ANY TRANSFER, PLEDGE OR OTHER USE HEREOF FOR VALUE OR OTHERWISE BY OR TO ANY PERSON IS WRONGFUL INASMUCH AS THE REGISTERED OWNER HEREOF, CEDE & CO., HAS A BENEFICIAL INTEREST HEREIN.
TRANSFERS OF THIS GLOBAL NOTE ARE LIMITED TO TRANSFERS IN WHOLE, BUT NOT IN PART, TO NOMINEES OF CEDE & CO. OR TO A SUCCESSOR THEREOF OR SUCH SUCCESSORS NOMINEE AND TRANSFERS OF PORTIONS OF THIS GLOBAL NOTE ARE LIMITED TO TRANSFERS MADE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TRANSFER PROVISIONS OF THE INDENTURE.
CUSIP No. [_______]
UBER TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
|No. [__]||[Initially]1 $[_______]|
8.00% Senior Notes due 2026
UBER TECHNOLOGIES, INC., a Delaware corporation, as issuer (the Company, which term includes any successor under the Indenture hereinafter referred to), for value received, promises to pay to [_______] [CEDE & CO.]1, or its registered assigns, the principal sum of _________________ DOLLARS ($_______) [(or such other amount as indicated on the Schedule of Exchanges of Notes attached hereto)]1 on November 1, 2026.
Interest Rate: 8.00% per annum.
Interest Payment Dates: May 1 and November 1, commencing on May 1, 2019.
Regular Record Dates: April 15 and October 15.
Reference is made to the further provisions of this Note set forth on the reverse hereof, which will for all purposes have the same effect as if set forth at this place.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Company has caused this Note to be signed manually or by facsimile by one of its duly authorized officers.
|UBER TECHNOLOGIES, INC.|
This is one of the 8.00% Senior Notes due 2026 referred to in the within-mentioned Indenture.
U.S. BANK NATIONAL
ASSOCIATION, as Trustee
Dated: November 7, 2018
[REVERSE OF NOTE]
UBER TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
8.00% SENIOR NOTE DUE 2026
1. Principal and Interest.
The Company promises to pay the principal of this Note on November 1, 2026.
The Company promises to pay, until the principal hereof is paid or made available for payment, interest on the principal amount set forth on the face hereof at a rate of 8.00% per annum. Interest will accrue from, and including, the most recent date to which interest has been paid or, if no interest has been paid, from and including November 7, 2018 to, but excluding, the date on which interest is paid. Interest shall be payable in arrears on each May 1 and November 1, commencing on May 1, 2019, to the Holders of record of the Notes at the close of business on the April 15 or October 15 immediately preceding the Interest Payment Date). Interest will be computed on the basis of a 360-day year composed of twelve 30-day months.
The Company will pay interest on overdue principal, premium, if any, and, to the extent lawful, interest at the rate per annum specified in the front page of this Note. Interest not paid when due and any interest on principal, premium or interest not paid when due will be paid to the Persons that are Holders on a special record date, which will be the 15th day preceding the date fixed by the Company for the payment of such interest, whether or not such day is a Business Day. At least 15 days before a special record date, the Company will send to each Holder and to the Trustee a notice that sets forth the special record date, the payment date and the amount of interest to be paid.
2. Paying Agent and Registrar. Initially, U.S. Bank National Association (the Trustee) will act as Paying Agent and Registrar. The Company may change any Paying Agent or Registrar without notice to the Holders. The Company or any of its Subsidiaries may act as Paying Agent or Registrar, subject to certain exceptions.
3. Indenture; Note Guarantees.
The Company issued the Notes under an Indenture dated as of November 7, 2018 (the Indenture) among the Company, the Guarantors and the Trustee. This is one of the Notes of the Company issued under the Indenture. The terms of the Notes include those stated in the Indenture and those made part of the Indenture by reference to the Trust Indenture Act. The Notes are subject to all such terms, and Holders are referred to the Indenture and the Trust Indenture Act for a statement of all such terms. To the extent permitted by applicable law, in the event of any inconsistency between the terms of this Note and the terms of the Indenture, the terms of the Indenture will control. Capitalized and certain other terms used and not otherwise defined herein have the meanings set forth in the Indenture.
The Companys obligations under the Notes are jointly and severally, fully and unconditionally guaranteed, to the extent set forth in the Indenture, by each of the Guarantors.
4. Optional Redemption. This Note is subject to redemption, and may be the subject of an offer to purchase, as further described in the Indenture.
5. Denominations, Transfer, Exchange. The Notes shall be issuable only in fully registered form without coupons in denominations of $2,000 and any integral multiple of $1,000 in excess thereof. A Holder may transfer or exchange Notes in accordance with the Indenture.
6. Amendment, Supplement, Waiver, Etc. Subject to certain exceptions, the Indenture and the Notes may be amended, or default may be waived, with the consent of the Holders of a majority in principal amount of the outstanding Notes. Without notice to or the consent of any Holder, the Company and the Trustee may amend or supplement the Indenture or the Notes to, among other things, cure any ambiguity, defect or inconsistency.
7. Defaults and Remedies. If an Event of Default, as defined in the Indenture, occurs and is continuing, the Trustee or the Holders of at least 25% in principal amount of the Notes may declare all the Notes to be due and payable. If a bankruptcy or insolvency default with respect to the Company occurs and is continuing, the Notes automatically become due and payable. Holders may not enforce the Indenture or the Notes except as provided in the Indenture. The Trustee may require indemnity satisfactory to it before it enforces the Indenture or the Notes. Subject to certain limitations, Holders of a majority in principal amount of the Notes then outstanding may direct the Trustee in its exercise of remedies.
8. Governing Law. THE INTERNAL LAW OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WILL GOVERN AND BE USED TO CONSTRUE THIS NOTE, AND ANY CLAIM, CONTROVERSY OR DISPUTE ARISING UNDER OR RELATED TO THIS NOTE, WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO APPLICABLE PRINCIPLES OF CONFLICTS OF LAW TO THE EXTENT THAT THE APPLICATION OF THE LAWS OF ANOTHER JURISDICTION WOULD BE REQUIRED THEREBY.
9. Abbreviations. Customary abbreviations may be used in the name of a Holder or an assignee, such as: TEN COM (= tenants in common), TENANT (= tenants by the entireties), JT TEN (= joint tenants with right of survivorship and not as tenants in common), CUST (= Custodian), and U/G/M/A (= Uniform Gifts to Minors Act).
[FORM OF TRANSFER NOTICE]
FOR VALUE RECEIVED the undersigned registered holder hereby sell(s), assign(s) and transfer(s) unto
Insert Taxpayer Identification No.
|Please print or typewrite name and address including zip code of assignee|
|the within Note and all rights thereunder, hereby irrevocably constituting and appointing|
attorney to transfer said Note on the books of the Company with full power of substitution in the premises.
In connection with any transfer of this Note, the undersigned confirms that such transfer is made without utilizing any general solicitation or general advertising and further as follows:
☐ (1) This Note is being transferred to a qualified institutional buyer in compliance with Rule 144A under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and certification in the form of Exhibit E to the Indenture is being furnished herewith.
☐ (2) This Note is being transferred to a Non-U.S. Person in compliance with the exemption from registration under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, provided by Regulation S thereunder, and certification in the form of Exhibit E to the Indenture is being furnished herewith.
☐ (3) This Note is being transferred other than in accordance with (1) or (2) above and documents are being furnished which comply with the conditions of transfer set forth in this Note and the Indenture.
If none of the foregoing boxes is checked, the Trustee is not obligated to register this Note in the name of any Person other than the Holder hereof unless and until the conditions to any such transfer of registration set forth herein and in the Indenture have been satisfied.
NOTICE: The signature to this assignment must correspond with the name as written upon the face of the within-mentioned instrument in every particular, without alteration or any change whatsoever.
|To be executed by an executive officer|
Signatures must be guaranteed by an eligible guarantor institution meeting the requirements of the Registrar, which requirements include membership or participation in the Securities Transfer Association Medallion Program (STAMP) or such other signature guarantee program as may be determined by the Registrar in addition to, or in substitution for, STAMP, all in accordance with the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended.
OPTION OF HOLDER TO ELECT REPURCHASE
If you wish to have all of this Note repurchased by the Company pursuant to Section 4.10 of the Indenture, check the box: ☐
(Sign exactly as your name appears on the other side of this Note)
Signatures must be guaranteed by an eligible guarantor institution meeting the requirements of the Trustee, which requirements include membership or participation in the Securities Transfer Association Medallion Program (STAMP) or such other signature guarantee program as may be determined by the Trustee in addition to, or in substitution for, STAMP, all in accordance with the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended.
SCHEDULE OF EXCHANGES OF NOTES1
The following exchanges of a part of this Global Note for Certificated Notes or a part of another Global Note have been made:
Amount of decrease in
Amount of increase in
Principal amount of this
Signature of authorized
For Global Notes