Form of 2019 Warrant for Channel Partners Program
THIS WARRANT AND THE SECURITIES ISSUABLE UPON EXERCISE OF THIS WARRANT HAVE NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED (THE “ACT”), OR QUALIFIED UNDER ANY STATE OR FOREIGN SECURITIES LAWS AND MAY NOT BE OFFERED FOR SALE, SOLD, PLEDGED, HYPOTHECATED OR OTHERWISE TRANSFERRED OR ASSIGNED UNLESS (I) A REGISTRATION STATEMENT COVERING SUCH SHARES IS EFFECTIVE UNDER THE ACT AND IS QUALIFIED UNDER APPLICABLE STATE AND FOREIGN LAW OR (II) THE TRANSACTION IS EXEMPT FROM THE REGISTRATION AND PROSPECTUS DELIVERY REQUIREMENTS UNDER THE ACT AND THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS UNDER APPLICABLE STATE AND FOREIGN LAW AND, IF THE CORPORATION REQUESTS, AN OPINION SATISFACTORY TO THE CORPORATION TO SUCH EFFECT HAS BEEN RENDERED BY COUNSEL OR (III) SUCH SECURITIES ARE SOLD OR ELIGIBLE TO BE SOLD PURSUANT TO RULE 144 OR RULE 144A UNDER THE ACT.
Warrant To Purchase Common Stock
Warrant No.: ___
Date of Issuance: ______, 20__ (“Issuance Date”)
TheMaven, Inc., a Delaware corporation (the “Company”), hereby certifies that, for good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, ________ (the “Publisher”), the registered holder hereof or its permitted assigns (the “Holder”), is entitled, subject to the terms set forth below, to purchase from the Company, at the Exercise Price (as defined in Section 1(b)) then in effect, upon exercise of this Warrant (including any Warrants to purchase Common Stock issued in exchange, transfer or replacement hereof, the “Warrant”), at any time or times on or after the applicable Earning Date (as defined in Section 1(a)), but not after 11:59 p.m., New York time, on the Expiration Date (as defined in Section 16), up to __,__ shares of fully paid and non-assessable shares of Common Stock of the Company (the “Warrant Shares”), subject to adjustment as herein provided. Except as otherwise defined herein, capitalized terms in this Warrant shall have the meanings set forth in Section 16. This Warrant has been issued in connection with the Holder’s service to the Company.
1. EXERCISE OF WARRANT.
(a) Earning of Warrant Shares. One third of the Warrant Shares shall be available to vest and become exercisable on each [February 15 of each of the first three years following the Issuance Date] (each such date, an “Earning Date” and each such third of the Warrant Shares in respect of an Earning Date, the “Eligible Warrant Shares”) based on the metrics described below measured as of the December 31 most immediately preceding applicable Earning Date (each a “Measure Date”) for the three calendar months up to and including the Measure Date (the “Measure Period”); provided that in respect of any Earning Date the Issuance Date occurred on or before the start of the applicable Measure Period. The vesting of the Warrant Shares on each Earning Date shall be based on the average number of monthly Organic Unique Visitors (as defined in Section 15) the Website (as defined below) has received during the Measure Period, with the Warrant Shares vesting at a rate of 3,333 shares for every one hundred thousand (100,000) Average Unique Visitors (as defined below); provided that on any Earning Date only the applicable Eligible Warrant Shares may vest. The Company shall notify (the “Notice”) the Publisher of the number of earned shares for each Earning Date no later than __ days following the applicable Measure Date. The Notice shall state the number of monthly Organic Unique Visitors the Publisher has received in each month during the Measure Period, the calculated monthly average for the Measure Period (the “Average Unique Visitors”), and the total amount of Warrant Shares that will vest on each Vesting Date (the “Earned Shares”). All the Eligible Warrant Shares that are not deemed as Earned Shares as of the applicable Earning Date shall be terminated and void as of such Earning Date. In the event that the Publisher contract with the Company is terminated for any reason, then from and after such termination no further Earning Dates shall occur and no further Warrant Shares shall vest and become exercisable. Notwithstanding anything in this Warrant to the contrary, the aggregate number of shares of Common Stock issuable upon exercise of this Warrant shall not exceed __,___.
(b) Unfunded Warrant. The shares that may be issued on exercise of this Warrant, as of the Issuance Date, are not authorized and available for issuance, therefore this Warrant is currently considered an unfunded warrant. The Holder agrees that, subject to Section 1(a), no part of this Warrant may be exercised until the Company has filed an amendment to its Certificate of Incorporation increasing its number of authorized shares of Common Stock to a sufficient number to permit the full exercise of this Warrant and all other Warrants of like tenor.
(c) Exercise Price. The exercise price of the Earned Shares shall be $_____ (the (“Exercise Price”), which will be the Closing Sale Price of the Common Stock on the Trading Day immediately preceding the date of this Warrant.
(d) Mechanics of Exercise. Subject to the terms and conditions hereof (including the limitations set forth in Section 1(b)), the Earned Shares may be exercised by the Holder on any day on or after the applicable Earning Date, in whole or in part, by delivery to the Company of this Warrant along with a notice, in the form attached hereto as Exhibit A (the “Exercise Notice”), of the Holder’s election to exercise this Warrant. Concurrent with the delivery of the Exercise Notice, the Holder shall deliver payment to the Company of an amount equal to the Exercise Price multiplied by the number of Earned Shares as to which this Warrant was so exercised (the “Aggregate Exercise Price”) in cash or via wire transfer of immediately available funds if the Holder did not notify the Company in such Exercise Notice that the exercise was made pursuant to a Cashless Exercise (as defined in Section 1(e)). Within a reasonable time after receipt of a fully-completed and executed Exercise Notice, together with the Aggregate Exercise Price if applicable, the Company shall transmit an acknowledgment of confirmation of receipt of the Exercise Notice, in the form attached hereto as Exhibit B, to the Holder and the Company’s transfer agent (the “Transfer Agent”) to arrange the issuance of the Warrant Shares to which the Holder is entitled by book entry, certificate delivery or DTC Fast Automated Securities Transfer Program, as determined by the Company. Upon delivery of this Warrant, the executed Exercise Notice and payment of the Aggregate Exercise Price if applicable, the Holder shall be deemed for all corporate purposes to have become the holder of record of the Warrant Shares with respect to which this Warrant has been exercised, irrespective of the date such Warrant Shares are credited to the Holder’s DTC account. If this Warrant is submitted in connection with any exercise pursuant to this Section and the number of Warrant Shares represented by this Warrant submitted for exercise is greater than the number of Warrant Shares being acquired upon an exercise, then the Company shall issue and deliver to the Holder a new Warrant (in accordance with Section 4(d)) representing the right to purchase the number of Warrant Shares purchasable immediately prior to such exercise under this Warrant, less the number of Warrant Shares with respect to which this Warrant is exercised (taking into account any cashless exercise pursuant to Section 1(e)). No fractional shares of Common Stock are to be issued upon the exercise of this Warrant, but rather the number of shares of Common Stock to be issued shall be rounded to the nearest whole number.
(e) Cashless Exercise. Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary (other than Section 1(f)), the Holder may, in its sole discretion, exercise this Warrant in whole or in part and, in lieu of making the cash payment otherwise contemplated to be made to the Company upon such exercise in payment of the Aggregate Exercise Price, elect instead to receive upon such exercise the “Net Number” of shares of Common Stock determined according to the following formula (a “Cashless Exercise”):
|Net Number =||(A x B) - (A x C)|
For purposes of the foregoing formula:
A= the total number of shares with respect to which this Warrant is then being exercised.
B= the Closing Sale Price on the Trading Day immediately preceding the date the Exercise Notice is executed and delivered to the Company.
C= the Exercise Price then in effect for the applicable Warrant Shares at the time of such exercise.
(f) Disputes. In the case of a dispute as to the determination of the Exercise Price or the arithmetic calculation of the number of Warrant Shares to be issued pursuant to the terms hereof, the Company shall issue to the Holder the number of Warrant Shares that are not disputed and resolve such dispute in accordance with Section 12.
2. ADJUSTMENT OF EXERCISE PRICE AND NUMBER OF WARRANT SHARES. In addition to the adjustments set forth in Section 1, the Exercise Price and number of Warrant Shares issuable upon exercise of this Warrant are subject to adjustment from time to time as set forth in this Section 2.
(a) Stock Dividends and Splits. Without limiting any provision of Section 2, if the Company, at any time on or after the date hereof while this Warrant remains outstanding, (i) pays a stock dividend on one or more classes of its then outstanding shares of Common Stock or otherwise makes a distribution on any class of capital stock that is payable in shares of Common Stock, (ii) subdivides (by any stock split, stock dividend, recapitalization or otherwise) its then outstanding shares of Common Stock into a larger number of shares or (iii) combines (by combination, reverse stock split or otherwise) its then outstanding shares of Common Stock into a smaller number of shares, then in each such case the Exercise Price shall be multiplied by a fraction of which the numerator shall be the number of shares of Common Stock outstanding immediately before such event and of which the denominator shall be the number of shares of Common Stock outstanding immediately after such event. Any adjustment made pursuant to clause (i) of this paragraph shall become effective immediately after the record date for the determination of stockholders entitled to receive such dividend or distribution, and any adjustment pursuant to clause (ii) or (iii) of this paragraph shall become effective immediately after the effective date of such subdivision or combination.
(b) Number of Warrant Shares. Simultaneously with any adjustment to the Exercise Price pursuant to paragraph (a) of this Section 2, the number of Warrant Shares that may be purchased upon exercise of this Warrant shall be increased or decreased proportionately, so that after such adjustment the aggregate Exercise Price payable hereunder for the adjusted number of Warrant Shares shall be the same as the aggregate Exercise Price in effect immediately prior to such adjustment.
(c) Calculations. All calculations under this Section 2 shall be made by rounding to the nearest cent or the nearest 1/100th of a share, as applicable.
3. WARRANT HOLDER NOT DEEMED A STOCKHOLDER. Except as otherwise specifically provided herein, the Holder shall not be entitled to vote or receive dividends or be deemed the holder of share capital of the Company for any purpose, nor shall anything contained in this Warrant be construed to confer upon the Holder, solely in its capacity as the Holder of this Warrant, any of the rights of a stockholder of the Company or any right to vote, give or withhold consent to any corporate action (whether any reorganization, issue of stock, reclassification of stock, consolidation, merger, conveyance or otherwise), receive notice of meetings, receive dividends or subscription rights, or otherwise, prior to the issuance to the Holder of the Warrant Shares which it is then entitled to receive upon the due exercise of this Warrant.
4. REISSUANCE OF WARRANTS.
(a) Transfer of Warrant. If this Warrant is to be transferred, the Holder shall surrender this Warrant to the Company, whereupon the Company will issue and deliver upon the order of the Holder a new Warrant (in accordance with Section 4(d)), registered in the name of the transferee, representing the right to purchase the number of Warrant Shares being transferred by the Holder and, if less than the total number of Warrant Shares then underlying this Warrant is being transferred, a new Warrant (in accordance with Section 4(d)) to the Holder representing the right to purchase the number of Warrant Shares not being transferred.
(b) Lost, Stolen or Mutilated Warrant. Upon receipt by the Company of evidence reasonably satisfactory to the Company of the loss, theft, destruction or mutilation of this Warrant (as to which a written certification and the indemnification contemplated below shall suffice as such evidence), and, in the case of loss, theft or destruction, of any indemnification undertaking by the Holder to the Company in customary and reasonable form and, in the case of mutilation, upon surrender and cancellation of this Warrant, the Company shall execute and deliver to the Holder a new Warrant (in accordance with Section 4(d)) representing the right to purchase the Warrant Shares then underlying this Warrant.
(c) Exchangeable for Multiple Warrants. This Warrant is exchangeable, upon the surrender hereof by the Holder at the principal office of the Company, for a new Warrant or Warrants (in accordance with Section 4(d)) representing in the aggregate the right to purchase the number of Warrant Shares then underlying this Warrant, and each such new Warrant will represent the right to purchase such portion of such Warrant Shares as is designated by the Holder at the time of such surrender; provided, however, no warrants for fractional shares of Common Stock shall be given.
(d) Issuance of New Warrants. Whenever the Company is required to issue a new Warrant pursuant to the terms of this Warrant, such new Warrant (i) shall be of like tenor with this Warrant, (ii) shall represent, as indicated on the face of such new Warrant, the right to purchase the Warrant Shares then underlying this Warrant (or in the case of a new Warrant being issued pursuant to Section 4(a) or Section 4(c), the Warrant Shares designated by the Holder which, when added to the number of shares of Common Stock underlying the other new Warrants issued in connection with such issuance, does not exceed the number of Warrant Shares then underlying this Warrant), (iii) shall have an issuance date, as indicated on the face of such new Warrant which is the same as the Issuance Date, and (iv) shall have the same rights and conditions as this Warrant.
5. LOCK-UP PERIOD. The Holder agrees that in the event this Warrant is exercised with respect to Earned Shares during the calendar year following the Earning Date on which those Earned Shares were earned, then from the date of the issuance of such shares (the “Locked-Up Shares”) through and including December 31 of such year (the “Lock-Up Period”), the Holder will not (i) offer, pledge, sell, contract to sell, sell any option or contract to purchase, purchase any option or contract to sell, grant any option, right or warrant to purchase, lend or otherwise transfer or dispose of his, her or its Locked-Up Shares, or (ii) enter into any swap or other agreement, arrangement or transaction that transfers to another, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, any of the economic consequence of ownership of any of his, her or its Locked-Up Shares, whether any transaction described in clause (i) or (ii) is to be settled by delivery of the Company’s Common Stock, other securities, in cash or otherwise, without the prior written consent of the Company.
6. COMPLIANCE WITH THE SECURITIES ACT.
(a) Agreement to Comply with the Securities Act; Legends. The Holder, by acceptance of this Warrant, agrees to comply in all respects with the provisions of this Section 6 and the restrictive legend requirements set forth on the face of this Warrant and further agrees that such Holder shall not offer, sell or otherwise dispose of this Warrant or any Warrant Shares to be issued upon exercise hereof except under circumstances that will not result in a violation of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Securities Act”). This Warrant and all Warrant Shares issued upon exercise of this Warrant (unless registered under the Securities Act) shall be stamped or imprinted with a legend in substantially the following form (in addition to any legends required by any stockholders agreement, proxy or applicable law):
“THIS WARRANT AND THE SECURITIES ISSUABLE UPON EXERCISE OF THIS WARRANT HAVE NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED (THE “ACT”), OR QUALIFIED UNDER ANY STATE OR FOREIGN SECURITIES LAWS AND MAY NOT BE OFFERED FOR SALE, SOLD, PLEDGED, HYPOTHECATED OR OTHERWISE TRANSFERRED OR ASSIGNED UNLESS (I) A REGISTRATION STATEMENT COVERING SUCH SHARES IS EFFECTIVE UNDER THE ACT AND IS QUALIFIED UNDER APPLICABLE STATE AND FOREIGN LAW OR (II) THE TRANSACTION IS EXEMPT FROM THE REGISTRATION AND PROSPECTUS DELIVERY REQUIREMENTS UNDER THE ACT AND THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS UNDER APPLICABLE STATE AND FOREIGN LAW AND, IF THE CORPORATION REQUESTS, AN OPINION SATISFACTORY TO THE CORPORATION TO SUCH EFFECT HAS BEEN RENDERED BY COUNSEL OR (III) SUCH SECURITIES ARE SOLD OR ELIGIBLE TO BE SOLD PURSUANT TO RULE 144 OR RULE 144A UNDER THE ACT.
THE SECURITIES ISSUABLE UPON THE EXERCISE OF THIS WARRANT ARE SUBJECT TO CERTAIN ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS ON TRANSFER SET FORTH IN THIS WARRANT.”
(b) Representations of the Holder. In connection with the issuance of this Warrant, the Holder specifically represents, as of the date hereof, to the Company by acceptance of this Warrant as follows:
(i) The Holder is an “accredited investor” as defined in Rule 501 of Regulation D promulgated under the Securities Act. The Holder is acquiring this Warrant and the Warrant Shares to be issued upon exercise hereof for investment for its own account and not with a view towards, or for resale in connection with, the public sale or distribution of this Warrant or the Warrant Shares, except pursuant to sales registered or exempted under the Securities Act.
(ii) The Holder understands and acknowledges that this Warrant and the Warrant Shares to be issued upon exercise hereof are “restricted securities” under the federal securities laws inasmuch as they are being acquired from the Company in a transaction not involving a public offering and that, under such laws and applicable regulations, such securities may be resold without registration under the Securities Act only in certain limited circumstances. In addition, the Holder represents that it is familiar with Rule 144 under the Securities Act, as presently in effect, and understands the resale limitations imposed thereby and by the Securities Act.
7. NOTICES. The Company will give notice to the Holders promptly upon each adjustment of the Exercise Price and the number of Warrant Shares. All notices, requests, consents, claims, demands, waivers and other communications hereunder shall be in writing and shall be deemed to have been given: (a) when delivered by hand; (b) when received by the addressee if sent by a nationally recognized overnight courier (receipt requested); (c) on the date sent by facsimile or e-mail of a PDF document (with confirmation of transmission) if sent during normal business hours of the recipient, and on the next Business Day if sent after normal business hours of the recipient; or (d) on the third day after the date mailed, by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested, postage prepaid. Such communications must be sent to the respective parties at the addresses indicated below:
If to the Company:
1500 Fourth Avenue, Suite 200, Seattle, WA 98101
Attention: Chief Executive Officer
If to a Holder, to its address, facsimile number or e-mail address set forth herein or on the books and records of the Company.
8. AMENDMENT AND WAIVER. Except as otherwise provided herein, this Warrant may only be amended, modified or supplemented by an agreement in writing signed by each party hereto. No waiver by the Company or the Holder of any of the provisions hereof shall be effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by the party so waiving. No waiver by any party shall operate or be construed as a waiver in respect of any failure, breach or default not expressly identified by such written waiver, whether of a similar or different character, and whether occurring before or after that waiver. No failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any rights, remedy, power or privilege arising from this Warrant shall operate or be construed as a waiver thereof; nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege hereunder preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power or privilege.
9. SEVERABILITY. If any provision of this Warrant is prohibited by law or otherwise determined to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the provision that would otherwise be prohibited, invalid or unenforceable shall be deemed amended to apply to the broadest extent that it would be valid and enforceable, and the invalidity or unenforceability of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Warrant so long as this Warrant as so modified continues to express, without material change, the original intentions of the parties as to the subject matter hereof and the prohibited nature, invalidity or unenforceability of the provision(s) in question does not substantially impair the respective expectations or reciprocal obligations of the parties or the practical realization of the benefits that would otherwise be conferred upon the parties. The parties will endeavor in good faith negotiations to replace the prohibited, invalid or unenforceable provision(s) with a valid provision(s), the effect of which comes as close as possible to that of the prohibited, invalid or unenforceable provision(s).
10. GOVERNING LAW. This Warrant shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with, and all questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and performance of this Warrant shall be governed by, the internal laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdictions) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdictions other than the State of New York. Each party hereby irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in The City of New York, Borough of Manhattan, for the adjudication of any dispute hereunder or in connection herewith or with any transaction contemplated hereby or discussed herein, and hereby irrevocably waives, and agrees not to assert in any suit, action or proceeding, any claim that it is not personally subject to the jurisdiction of any such court, that such suit, action or proceeding is brought in an inconvenient forum or that the venue of such suit, action or proceeding is improper. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to limit in any way any right to serve process in any manner permitted by law. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed or operate to preclude either party from bringing suit or taking other legal action against the other party in any other jurisdiction to enforce a judgment or other court ruling in favor of the such party. EACH PARTY HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT IT MAY HAVE TO, AND AGREES NOT TO REQUEST, A JURY TRIAL FOR THE ADJUDICATION OF ANY DISPUTE HEREUNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH OR ARISING OUT OF THIS WARRANT OR ANY TRANSACTION CONTEMPLATED HEREBY.
11. CONSTRUCTION; HEADINGS. This Warrant shall be deemed to be jointly drafted by the Company and the Holder and shall not be construed against any Person as the drafter hereof. The headings of this Warrant are for convenience of reference and shall not form part of, or affect the interpretation of, this Warrant.
12. DISPUTE RESOLUTION. In the case of a dispute as to the determination of the Exercise Price, the Closing Sale Price or fair market value or the arithmetic calculation of the Warrant Shares, as the case may be, the Company or the Holder (as the case may be) shall submit the disputed determinations or arithmetic calculations (as the case may be) within two (2) Business Days after receipt of the applicable notice giving rise to such dispute to the Company or the Holder (as the case may be). The Holder and the Company shall negotiate in good faith to resolve the dispute.
13. REMEDIES, BREACHES AND INJUNCTIVE RELIEF. The remedies provided in this Warrant shall be cumulative and in addition to all other remedies available at law or in equity. Each party acknowledges that a breach by it of its obligations hereunder will cause irreparable harm to the other party and that the remedy at law for any such breach may be inadequate. Each party therefore agrees that, in the event of any such breach or threatened breach, the other party shall be entitled, in addition to all other available remedies, to seek an injunction restraining any breach, without the necessity of showing economic loss and without any bond or other security being required.
14. TRANSFER. This Warrant may not be offered for sale, sold, transferred or assigned without the consent of the Company, and will be subject to compliance with the Securities Act and other applicable law. The issuance of shares and certificates for shares as contemplated hereby upon the exercise of this Warrant shall be made without charge to the Holder or such shares for any issuance tax or other costs in respect thereof, provided that the Company shall not be required to pay any tax (a) based upon the net income of the Holder or (b) that may be payable in respect of any transfer involved in the issuance and delivery of any certificate in a name other than the Holder or its agent on its behalf.
15. REGISTRATION RIGHTS. The Holder shall not have registration rights with respect to the Holder’s Warrant or Warrant Shares.
16. CERTAIN DEFINITIONS. For purposes of this Warrant, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(a) “Bloomberg” means Bloomberg, L.P.
(b) “Business Day” means any day other than Saturday, Sunday or other day on which commercial banks in The City of New York are authorized or required by law to remain closed.
(c) “Website” means the _____ web pages on “maven.io” (or successor websites) or otherwise operating on the Company’s technology platform and associated mobile application(s), which are operated and/or controlled by Publisher.
(d) “Closing Sale Price” means, for any security as of any date, the last closing trade price for such security on the Principal Market, as reported by Bloomberg, or, if the Principal Market begins to operate on an extended hours basis and does not designate the closing trade price, then the last trade price of such security prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, as reported by Bloomberg.
(e) “Common Stock” means the Company’s shares of common stock, $0.01 par value per share.
(f) “Expiration Date” means the earlier of (i) the fifth anniversary of the date of this Warrant and (ii) the date that is 30 days after the termination for any reason of the agreement under which the Company ceases to host the Website.
(g) “Organic Unique Visitor” is the number of unduplicated (counted only once) organic (not paid) visitors to the Website during any calendar month, excluding bots or other non-human traffic. Unique Visitors shall be determined by Google Analytics, or if Google Analytics is not then providing such service, such other, reputable, independent third party provider of such similar services identified by the Company.
(h) “Person” means an individual, a limited liability company, a partnership, a joint venture, a corporation, a trust, an unincorporated organization, any other entity or a government or any department or agency thereof.
(i) “Principal Market” means the a national securities exchange in the United States or a recognized United States trading medium which provides daily reports of the prices at which securities are offered and traded.
(j) “Trading Day” means any day on which the Common Stock is traded on the Principal Market.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Company has caused this Warrant to purchase Common Stock to be duly executed as of the Issuance Date set out above.
TO BE EXECUTED BY THE REGISTERED HOLDER TO EXERCISE THIS
WARRANT TO PURCHASE COMMON STOCK
The undersigned holder hereby exercises the right to purchase _________________ of the shares of Common Stock (“Warrant Shares”) of TheMaven, Inc., a Delaware corporation (the “Company”), evidenced by the Warrant to purchase Common Stock (the “Warrant”). Capitalized terms used herein and not otherwise defined shall have the respective meanings set forth in the Warrant.
1. Form of Exercise Price. The Holder intends that payment of the Exercise Price shall be made as:
|____________||a “Cash Exercise” with respect to _________________ Warrant Shares; and/or|
|____________||a “Cashless Exercise” with respect to _______________ Warrant Shares.|
2.Payment of Exercise Price. In the event that the Holder has elected a Cash Exercise with respect to some or all of the Warrant Shares to be issued pursuant hereto, the Holder shall pay the Aggregate Exercise Price in the sum of $___________________ to the Company in accordance with the terms of the Warrant.
3.Delivery of Warrant Shares. The Company shall deliver to Holder, or its designee or agent as specified below, __________ Warrant Shares in accordance with the terms of the Warrant. Delivery shall be made to Holder, or for its benefit, to the following address:
Date: _______________ __, ______
|Name of Registered Holder|
The Company hereby acknowledges this Exercise Notice and hereby directs ______________ to issue the above indicated number of shares of Common Stock in accordance with the Transfer Agent Instructions dated _________, 20__, from the Company and acknowledged and agreed to by _______________.