7. Compliance with Laws. Shares to be issued under this Award are currently registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended. If such registration is not in effect at the time of vesting, the recipient will be required to represent to Teradyne that the recipient is acquiring such shares as an investment and not with a view to the sale of those shares. Notwithstanding any other provision of the Plan or the Agreement, unless there is an available exemption from any registration, qualification or other legal requirement applicable to the shares of common stock, Teradyne shall not be required to deliver any shares of common stock issuable upon exercise of the Stock Options prior to the completion of any registration or qualification of the shares under any local, state, federal or foreign securities or exchange control law or under rulings or regulations of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or of any other governmental regulatory body, or prior to obtaining any approval or other clearance from any local, state, federal or foreign governmental agency, which registration, qualification or approval Teradyne shall, in its absolute discretion, deem necessary or advisable. The recipient understands that Teradyne is under no obligation to register or qualify the shares with the SEC or any state or foreign securities commission or to seek approval or clearance from any governmental authority for the issuance or sale of the shares. Further, the recipient agrees that Teradyne shall have unilateral authority to amend the Plan and the Agreement without the recipients consent to the extent necessary to comply with securities or other laws applicable to issuance of shares.
8. Governing Law and Venue. The Award and the provisions of this Agreement are governed by, and subject to, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard to the conflict of law provisions, as provided in the Plan. For purposes of litigating any dispute that arises under this Award or this Agreement, the parties hereby submit to and consent to the jurisdiction of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, agree that such litigation shall be conducted in the courts of Middlesex County, or the federal courts for the United States for the District of Massachusetts, where this grant is made and/or to be performed.
9. Electronic Delivery and Acceptance. Teradyne may, in its sole discretion, decide to deliver any documents related to current or future participation in the Plan by electronic means. The recipient hereby consents to receive such documents by electronic delivery and agrees to participate in the Plan through an on-line or electronic system established and maintained by Teradyne or a third party designated by Teradyne.
10. Severability. The provisions of this Agreement are severable and if any one or more provisions are determined to be illegal or otherwise unenforceable, in whole or in part, the remaining provisions shall nevertheless be binding and enforceable.
11. Imposition of Other Requirements. Teradyne reserves the right to impose other requirements on the recipients participation in the Plan, on the Stock Options and on any shares of common stock acquired under the Plan, to the extent Teradyne determines it is necessary or advisable for legal or administrative reasons, and to require the recipient to sign any additional agreements or undertakings that may be necessary to accomplish the foregoing.
12. Waiver. The recipient acknowledges that a waiver by Teradyne of breach of any provision of this Agreement shall not operate or be construed as a waiver of any other provision of this Agreement, or of any subsequent breach by the recipient or any other recipient.
13. No Advice Regarding Grant. Teradyne is not providing any tax, legal or financial advice, nor is Teradyne making any recommendations regarding the recipients participation in the Plan, or the recipients acquisition or sale of the underlying shares of common stock. The recipient should consult with his or her own personal tax, legal and financial advisors regarding his or her participation in the Plan before taking any action related to the Plan.
14. Insider Trading Restrictions/Market Abuse Laws. The recipient acknowledges that, depending on the recipients or his or her brokers country of residence or where the shares of common stock are listed, the recipient may be subject to insider trading restrictions and/or market abuse laws which may affect the recipients ability to accept, acquire, sell or otherwise dispose of shares of common stock, rights to shares of common stock (e.g., Stock Options) or rights linked to the value of shares of common stock under the Plan during such times the recipient is considered to have inside information regarding Teradyne (as defined by the laws or regulations in the recipients country). The recipient is responsible for ensuring compliance with any restrictions and should consult his or her personal legal advisor on this matter.
15. Recoupment. The recipient agrees that the Stock Option and any financial gain realized by the recipient through exercise of the Stock Option or sale of any shares of common stock acquired shall be subject to forfeiture and/or repayment to the Company to the extent required to comply with any applicable laws or the rules and regulations of the securities exchange or inter-dealer quotation system on which the shares of common stock are listed or quoted, including, without limitation, pursuant to Section 954 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010