determined acceptable to Teradyne to sell on the recipients behalf a whole number of shares from those shares issuable to the recipient as Teradyne determines to be appropriate to generate cash proceeds sufficient to satisfy any applicable withholding obligation for Tax-Related Items; (2) authorizes Teradyne or the Employer to withhold the Tax-Related Items from the recipients wages or other compensation; and (3) agrees, upon request from Teradyne or the Employer, to make a cash payment in an amount equal to the withholding obligations for any Tax-Related Items. Teradyne may refuse to issue or deliver the shares or the proceeds of the sale of shares if the recipient fails to comply with his or her obligations in connection with the Tax-Related Items.
5. Compliance with Laws. Shares to be issued under this Award are currently registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended. If such registration is not in effect at the time of vesting, the recipient will be required to represent to Teradyne that he or she is acquiring such shares as an investment and not with a view to the sale of those shares. Notwithstanding any other provision of the Plan or the Agreement, unless there is an available exemption from any registration, qualification or other legal requirement applicable to the shares of common stock, Teradyne shall not be required to deliver any shares of common stock issuable upon settlement of the RSUs prior to the completion of any registration or qualification of the shares under any local, state, federal or foreign securities or exchange control law or under rulings or regulations of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or of any other governmental regulatory body, or prior to obtaining any approval or other clearance from any local, state, federal or foreign governmental agency, which registration, qualification or approval Teradyne shall, in its absolute discretion, deem necessary or advisable. The recipient understands that Teradyne is under no obligation to register or qualify the shares with the SEC or any state or foreign securities commission or to seek approval or clearance from any governmental authority for the issuance or sale of the shares. Further, the recipient agrees that Teradyne shall have unilateral authority to amend the Plan and the Agreement without the recipients consent to the extent necessary to comply with securities or other laws applicable to issuance of shares.
6. Code Section 409A. Teradyne intends that this Award will either comply with or be exempt from Section 409A of the Code and the regulations and guidance promulgated thereunder and, accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted, any ambiguities herein will be interpreted to be exempt from Section 409A of the Code or in compliance therewith, as applicable. To the extent that Teradyne determines that the Award is subject to Section 409A of the Code, but does not conform with Section 409A of the Code, Teradyne reserves the right, to the extent Teradyne deems necessary or advisable in its sole discretion, to amend or modify the terms of this Award (or the Plan) or adopt other policies and procedures (including amendments, policies and procedures with retroactive effect), or take other actions, including any amendments or actions that would result in a reduction to the benefit payable under this Award, in each case, without the consent of the recipient of the Award, as may be necessary to ensure that all vesting or settlement provided under this Award are made in a manner that complies with Section 409A of the Code or to mitigate any additional tax, interest and/or penalties or other adverse tax consequences that may apply under Section 409A of the Code; provided, however, that nothing in this Section 6 creates an obligation on the part of Teradyne to modify the terms of this Award or the Plan. In that light, Teradyne makes no representation that the terms of this Award will comply with Section 409A of the Code or that the settlement of this Award will not be subject to taxes, interest and penalties or other adverse tax consequences under Section 409A of the Code. In no event whatsoever shall Teradyne or any of its affiliates be liable to the recipient of this Award or any other party for any additional tax, interest, penalties or other liability that may be imposed on the recipient of this Award by Section 409A of the Code or for any action taken by Teradyne with respect thereto.
7. Governing Law and Venue. The Award and the provisions of this Agreement are governed by, and subject to, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard to the conflict of law provisions, as provided in the Plan. For purposes of litigating any dispute that arises under this Award or this Agreement, the parties hereby submit to and consent to the jurisdiction of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, agree that such litigation shall be conducted in the courts of Middlesex County, or the federal courts for the United States for the District of Massachusetts, where this grant is made and/or to be performed.
8. Electronic Delivery and Acceptance. Teradyne may, in its sole discretion, decide to deliver any documents related to current or future participation in the Plan by electronic means. The recipient hereby consents to receive such documents by electronic delivery and agrees to participate in the Plan through an on-line or electronic system established and maintained by Teradyne or a third party designated by Teradyne.
9. Severability. The provisions of this Agreement are severable and if any one or more provisions are determined to be illegal or otherwise unenforceable, in whole or in part, the remaining provisions shall nevertheless be binding and enforceable.