Form of Subscription Agreement
TARONIS FUELS, INC.
PRIVATE PLACEMENT SUBSCRIPTION AGREEMENT
The undersigned (the “Subscriber”) hereby irrevocably subscribes for in the principal amount set forth below and agrees to purchase from TARONIS FUELS, INC. (the “Issuer”) Common Stock of the Issuer (the “Common Stock” or the “Securities”). The Subscriber agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in the attached “Terms and Conditions of Subscription for Common Stock”.
|Subscriber Information |
Common Stock to be Purchased
Amount of Securities:
|(Name of Subscriber)|
|Account Reference (if applicable): _________|
Total Subscription Price: $
(the “Subscription Amount”, plus wire fees if applicable)
(Signature of Authorized Signatory – if the Subscriber is not an Individual)
(Name and Title of Authorized Signatory – if the Subscriber is not an Individual)
(SSN or other Tax Identification Number of the Subscriber)
(Subscriber’s Address, including postal or zip code)
Please complete if purchasing as agent or trustee for a principal (beneficial purchaser) (a “Disclosed Principal”) and not purchasing as trustee or agent for accounts fully managed by it.
(Name of Disclosed Principal)
(Address of Disclosed Principal)
(Account Reference, if applicable)
(SSN or other Tax Identification Number of Disclosed Principal)
Register the Common Stock as set forth below:
(Name to Appear on Stock Certificate)
(Account Reference, if applicable)
(Address, including postal or zip code)
Deliver the Common Stock as set forth below:
(Attention - Name)
(Account Reference, if applicable)
(Street Address, including postal or zip code – no PO Boxes permitted)
Number and kind of securities of the Issuer already held, directly or indirectly, or over which control or direction is exercised by, the Subscriber, if any (i.e., shares, warrants, options):
The Issuer hereby accepts the Subscription (as defined herein) on the terms and conditions contained in this private placement subscription agreement (this “Agreement”) as of the ___day of June 2020 (the “Closing Date”).
TARONIS FUELS, INC.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SUBSCRIPTION FOR COMMON STOCK
1.1 On the basis of the representations and warranties, and subject to the terms and conditions, set forth in this Agreement, the Subscriber hereby irrevocably subscribes for and agrees to purchase the Common Stock in the principal amount as set forth on page 2 of this Agreement for the Subscription Amount shown on page 2 of this Agreement, which is tendered herewith (such subscription and agreement to purchase being the “Subscription”), and the Issuer agrees to sell the Common Stock to the Subscriber, effective upon the Issuer’s acceptance of this Agreement.
|1.1.1||The Subscriber hereby confirms and acknowledges that the Issuer may use the Subscription Amount, either in part or in full, in any manner as the Issuer deems advisable.|
|1.1.2||The shares of common stock of the Issuer have been priced at $0.10 per share. The Subscriber acknowledges that the price per share many not have any relation to the Company’s present market value, market price or book value.|
1.2 All dollar amounts referred to in this Agreement are in lawful money of the United States of America, unless otherwise indicated.
2.1 Payment of the Aggregate Subscription Price is required upon submission of the subscription documents.
2.2 The Subscriber acknowledges and agrees that this Agreement, the Subscription Amount and any other documents delivered in connection herewith will be held by or on behalf of the Issuer. In the event that this Agreement is not accepted by the Issuer for whatever reason, which the Issuer expressly reserves the right to do, the Issuer will return the Subscription Amount (without interest thereon) to the Subscriber at the address of the Subscriber as set forth on page 2 of this Agreement, or as otherwise directed by the Subscriber.
|3.||Documents Required from Subscriber|
3.1 The Subscriber must complete, sign and return to the Issuer the following documents:
(a) this Agreement;
(b) if the Subscriber is a U.S. Purchaser (as defined in Exhibit A), the United States Accredited Investor Questionnaire (the “Questionnaire”) attached as Exhibit A;
(c) such other supporting documentation that the Issuer or the Issuer’s legal counsel may request to establish the Subscriber’s qualification as a qualified investor; and
(d) the Subscriber acknowledges and agrees that the Issuer will not consider the Subscription for acceptance unless the Subscriber has provided all of such documents to the Issuer.
3.2 As soon as practicable upon any request by the Issuer, the Subscriber will complete, sign and return to the Issuer any additional documents, questionnaires, notices and undertakings as may be required by any regulatory authorities or applicable laws.
3.3 The Issuer and the Subscriber acknowledge and agree that the Issuer’s legal counsel has acted as counsel only to the Issuer and is not protecting the rights and interests of the Subscriber. The Subscriber acknowledges and agrees that the Issuer and the Issuer’s legal counsel have given the Subscriber the opportunity to seek, and are hereby recommending that the Subscriber obtain, independent legal advice with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement and, further, the Subscriber hereby represents and warrants to the Issuer and the Issuer’s legal counsel that the Subscriber has sought independent legal advice or waives such advice.
4. Conditions and Closing. The Subscriber acknowledges that the Common Stock will be available for delivery within five (5) Business Days of the Issuer’s acceptance of the subscription hereunder, provided that the Subscriber has satisfied the requirements of Section 3 hereof and the Issuer has accepted this Agreement.
5. Acknowledgements and Agreements of the Subscriber. The Subscriber acknowledges and agrees that:
(a) none of the Securities have been or will be registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended, (the “1933 Act”), or under any securities or “blue sky” laws of any state of the United States, and, unless so registered, may not be offered or sold in the United States or, directly or indirectly, to any U.S. Person (as defined in Section 902 of Regulation S), except in accordance with the provisions of Regulation S under the 1933 Act (“Regulation S”), pursuant to an effective registration statement under the 1933 Act, or pursuant to an exemption from, or in a transaction not subject to, the registration requirements of the 1933 Act, and in each case only in accordance with applicable securities laws;
(b) the Issuer has not undertaken, and will have no obligation, to register any of the Securities under the 1933 Act or any other applicable securities laws;
(c) the Issuer will refuse to register the transfer of any of the Securities to a U.S. Person not made pursuant to an effective registration statement under the 1933 Act or pursuant to an available exemption from the registration requirements of the 1933 Act and in each case in accordance with applicable laws;
(d) the decision to execute this Agreement and to acquire the Securities has not been based upon any oral or written representation as to fact or otherwise made by or on behalf of the Issuer and such decision is based entirely upon a review of any public information which has been filed by the Issuer with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”) (collectively, the “Public Record”);
(e) the Issuer and others will rely upon the truth and accuracy of the acknowledgements, representations, warranties, covenants and agreements of the Subscriber contained in this Agreement and the Questionnaire, as applicable, and agrees that if any of such acknowledgements, representations and agreements are no longer accurate or have been breached, the Subscriber will promptly notify the Issuer;
(f) there are risks associated with the purchase of the Common Stock, as more fully described in the Public Record, all of which have been reviewed and hereby acknowledged by the Subscriber;
(g) the Subscriber and the Subscriber’s advisor(s) have had a reasonable opportunity to ask questions of, and receive answers from, the Issuer in connection with the distribution of the Common Stock hereunder, and to obtain additional information, to the extent possessed or obtainable without unreasonable effort or expense, necessary to verify the accuracy of the information about the Issuer;
(h) a portion of the Offering may be sold pursuant to an agreement between the Issuer and one or more agents registered in accordance with applicable securities laws, in which case the Issuer will pay a fee and/or compensation security on terms as set out in such agreement;
(i) finder’s fees or broker’s commissions may be payable by the Issuer to finders who introduce subscribers to the Issuer in accordance with applicable securities laws;
(j) the books and records of the Issuer were available upon reasonable notice for inspection, subject to certain confidentiality restrictions, by the Subscriber during reasonable business hours at its principal place of business, and all documents, records and books in connection with the distribution of the Securities hereunder have been made available for inspection by the Subscriber, its legal counsel and/or its advisor(s);
(k) all of the information which the Subscriber has provided to the Issuer is correct and complete and if there should be any change in such information prior to the Closing, the Subscriber will immediately notify the Issuer, in writing, of the details of any such change;
(l) the Issuer is entitled to rely on the representations and warranties of the Subscriber contained in this Agreement and the Questionnaire, as applicable, and the Subscriber will hold harmless the Issuer from any loss or damage it or they may suffer as a result of the Subscriber’s failure to correctly complete this Agreement or the Questionnaire, as applicable;
(m) any resale of the Common Stock by the Subscriber will be subject to resale restrictions contained in the securities laws applicable to the Issuer, the Subscriber and any proposed transferee, including resale restrictions imposed under United States securities laws and additional restrictions on the Subscriber’s ability to resell any of the Common Stock in any other jurisdiction under applicable securities laws;
(n) it is the responsibility of the Subscriber to find out what any applicable resale restrictions are and to comply with such restrictions before selling any of the Common Stock;
(o) the Subscriber has been advised to consult the Subscriber’s own legal, tax and other advisors with respect to the merits and risks of an investment in the Common Stock and with respect to applicable resale restrictions, and it is solely responsible (and the Issuer is not in any way responsible) for compliance with:
(i) any applicable laws of the jurisdiction in which the Subscriber is resident in connection with the distribution of the Common Stock hereunder, and
(ii) applicable resale restrictions;
(p) there may be material tax consequences to the Subscriber of an acquisition or disposition of the Common Stock and the Issuer gives no opinion and makes no representation to the Subscriber with respect to the tax consequences to the Subscriber under federal, state, provincial, local or foreign tax laws that may apply to the Subscriber’s acquisition or disposition of the Common Stock;
(q) the Issuer has advised the Subscriber that the Issuer is relying on an exemption from the requirements to provide the Subscriber with a prospectus and to offer or sell the Securities through a person registered to sell securities under applicable securities laws, and, as a consequence of acquiring the Securities pursuant to such exemption, certain protections, rights and remedies provided by applicable securities laws, including statutory rights of rescission or damages, may not be available to the Subscriber;
(r) no documents in connection with the issuance of the Securities have been reviewed by the SEC or any other securities regulators;
(s) neither the SEC nor any other securities commission or similar regulatory authority has reviewed or passed on the merits of any of the Securities;
(t) there is no government or other insurance covering any of the Securities;
(u) hedging transactions involving the Securities may not be conducted unless such transactions are in compliance with the provisions of the 1933 Act and in each case only in accordance with applicable securities laws; and
(v) this Agreement is not enforceable by the Subscriber unless it has been accepted by the Issuer and the Issuer reserves the right to reject this Subscription for any reason.
6. Representations and Warranties of the Subscriber. The Subscriber hereby represents and warrants to the Issuer (which representations and warranties will survive the Closing) that:
(a) Unless the Subscriber has completed Exhibit A, the Subscriber is not a U.S. Purchaser;
(b) the Subscriber is resident in the jurisdiction set out on page 2 of this Agreement;
(c) if the Subscriber is resident outside of the United States:
(i) the Subscriber is knowledgeable of, or has been independently advised as to, the applicable securities laws having application in the jurisdiction in which the Subscriber is resident (the “International Jurisdiction”) which would apply to the offer and sale of the Securities;
(ii) the Subscriber is purchasing the Securities pursuant to exemptions from prospectus or equivalent requirements under applicable laws of the International Jurisdiction or, if such is not applicable, the Subscriber is permitted to purchase the Securities under applicable securities laws of the International Jurisdiction without the need to rely on any exemptions;
(iii) the applicable laws and regulations of the International Jurisdiction do not and will not require the Issuer to make any filings or seek any approvals of any kind from any securities regulator of any kind in the International Jurisdiction in connection with the offer, issue, sale or resale of any of the Securities;
(iv) the purchase of the Securities by the Subscriber does not trigger:
|A.||any obligation to prepare and file a prospectus or similar document, or any other report with respect to such purchase in the International Jurisdiction, or|
|B.||any continuous disclosure reporting obligation of the Issuer in the International Jurisdiction, and|
(v) the Subscriber will, if requested by the Issuer, deliver to the Issuer a certificate or opinion of local counsel from the International Jurisdiction which will confirm the matters referred to in subparagraphs (ii), (iii) and (iv) above to the satisfaction of the Issuer, acting reasonably;
(d) the Subscriber: (i) has adequate net worth and means of providing for its current financial needs and possible personal contingences, (ii) has no need for liquidity in this investment, (iii) has such knowledge and experience in business matters as to be capable of evaluating the merits and risks of its prospective investment in the Securities, (iv) is able to bear the economic risks of an investment in the Securities for an indefinite period of time, and (v) can afford the complete loss of the Subscription Amount;
(e) the Subscriber has the legal capacity and competence to enter into and execute this Agreement and to take all actions required pursuant hereto and, if the Subscriber is a corporate entity, it is duly incorporated and validly subsisting under the laws of its jurisdiction of incorporation and all necessary approvals by its directors, shareholders and others have been obtained to authorize execution and performance of this Agreement on behalf of the Subscriber;
(f) the entering into of this Agreement and the transactions contemplated hereby do not and will not result in the violation of any of the terms and provisions of any law applicable to, and, if applicable, any of the constating documents of, the Subscriber or of any agreement, written or oral, to which the Subscriber may be a party or by which the Subscriber is or may be bound;
(g) the Subscriber has duly executed and delivered this Agreement and it constitutes a valid and binding agreement of the Subscriber enforceable against the Subscriber;
(h) the Subscriber has received and carefully read this Agreement;
(i) the Subscriber is aware that an investment in the Issuer is speculative and involves certain risks, including those risks disclosed in the Public Record and the possible loss of the entire Subscription Amount;
(j) the Subscriber has made an independent examination and investigation of an investment in the Securities and the Issuer and agrees that the Issuer will not be responsible in any way for the Subscriber’s decision to invest in the Securities and the Issuer;
(k) the Subscriber is not an underwriter of, or dealer in, any of the Securities, nor is the Subscriber participating, pursuant to a contractual agreement or otherwise, in the distribution of the Securities;
(l) the Subscriber is purchasing the Securities for its own account for investment purposes only and not for the account of any other person and not for distribution, assignment or resale to others, and no other person has a direct or indirect beneficial interest in such Securities, and the Subscriber has not subdivided its interest in any of the Securities with any other person;
(m) the Subscriber is not aware of any advertisement of any of the Securities and is not acquiring the Securities as a result of any form of general solicitation or general advertising, including advertisements, articles, notices or other communications published in any newspaper, magazine or similar media, or broadcast over radio or television, or any seminar or meeting whose attendees have been invited by general solicitation or general advertising;
(n) the Subscriber has not acquired the Securities as a result of, and will not itself engage in, any “directed selling efforts” (as defined in Regulation S) in the United States in respect of any of the Securities which would include any activities undertaken for the purpose of, or that could reasonably be expected to have the effect of, conditioning the market in the United States for the resale of any of the Securities, provided, however, that the Subscriber may sell or otherwise dispose of any of the Securities pursuant to registration of any of the Securities pursuant to the 1933 Act and any applicable securities laws or under an exemption from such registration requirements; and
(o) no person has made to the Subscriber any written or oral representations:
(i) that any person will resell or repurchase any of the Securities,
(ii) that any person will refund the purchase price of any of the Securities, or
(iii) as to the future price or value of any of the Securities.
In this Agreement, the term “U.S. Person” will have the meaning ascribed thereto in Regulation S, and for the purpose of this Agreement includes, but is not limited to: (a) any person in the United States; (b) any natural person resident in the United States; (c) any partnership or corporation organized or incorporated under the laws of the United States; (d) any partnership or corporation organized outside the United States by a U.S. Person principally for the purpose of investing in securities not registered under the 1933 Act, unless it is organized or incorporated, and owned, by accredited investors who are not natural persons, estates or trusts; or (e) any estate or trust of which any executor or administrator or trustee is a U.S. Person.
(p) The Subscriber should check the Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) website at <http://www.treas.gov/ofac> before making the following representations.
(i) The Subscriber represents that the amounts invested by it in the Issuer in the offering were not and are not directly or indirectly derived from activities that contravene federal, state or international laws and regulations, including anti-money laundering laws and regulations. Federal regulations and Executive Orders administered by OFAC prohibit, among other things, the engagement in transactions with, and the provision of services to, certain foreign countries, territories, entities and individuals. The lists of OFAC prohibited countries, territories, persons and entities can be found on the OFAC website at <http://www.treas.gov/ofac>. In addition, the programs administered by OFAC (the “OFAC Programs”) prohibit dealing with individuals1 or entities in certain countries regardless of whether such individuals or entities appear on the OFAC lists;
(ii) To the best of the Subscriber’s knowledge, none of: (1) the Subscriber; (2) any person controlling or controlled by the Subscriber; (3) if the Subscriber is a privately-held entity, any person having a beneficial interest in the Subscriber; or (4) any person for whom the Subscriber is acting as agent or nominee in connection with this investment is a country, territory, individual or entity named on an OFAC list, or a person or entity prohibited under the OFAC Programs. You are advised that the Issuer may not accept any amounts from a prospective investor if such prospective investor cannot make the representation set forth in the preceding paragraph. The Subscriber agrees to promptly notify the Issuer should the Subscriber become aware of any change in the information set forth in these representations. The Subscriber understands and acknowledges that, by law, the Issuer may be obligated to “freeze the account” of the Subscriber, either by prohibiting additional subscriptions from the Subscriber, declining any redemption requests and/or segregating the assets in the account in compliance with governmental regulations. These individuals include specially designated nationals, specially designated narcotics traffickers and other parties subject to OFAC sanctions and embargo programs;
1 These individuals include specially designated nationals, specially designated narcotics traffickers and other parties subject to OFAC sanctions and embargo programs.
(iii) To the best of the Subscriber’s knowledge, none of: (1) the Subscriber; (2) any person controlling or controlled by the Subscriber; (3) if the Subscriber is a privately-held entity, any person having a beneficial interest in the Subscriber; or (4) any person for whom the Subscriber is acting as agent or nominee in connection with this investment is a senior foreign political figure2, or any immediate family3 member or close associate4 of a senior foreign political figure, as such terms are defined in the footnotes below; and
(iv) If the Subscriber is affiliated with a non-U.S. banking institution (a “Foreign Bank”), or if the Subscriber receives deposits from, makes payments on behalf of, or handles other financial transactions related to a Foreign Bank, the Subscriber represents and warrants to the Issuer that: (1) the Foreign Bank has a fixed address, other than solely an electronic address, in a country in which the Foreign Bank is authorized to conduct banking activities; (2) the Foreign Bank maintains operating records related to its banking activities; (3) the Foreign Bank is subject to inspection by the banking authority that licensed the Foreign Bank to conduct banking activities; and (4) the Foreign Bank does not provide banking services to any other Foreign Bank that does not have a physical presence in any country and that is not a regulated affiliate
7. Representations and Warranties will be Relied Upon by the Issuer. The Subscriber acknowledges and agrees that the representations and warranties contained in this Agreement and the Questionnaire, as applicable, are made by it with the intention that such representations and warranties may be relied upon by the Issuer and the Issuer’s Counsel in determining the Subscriber’s eligibility to purchase the Securities under applicable laws, or, if applicable, the eligibility of others on whose behalf the Subscriber is contracting hereunder to purchase the Securities under applicable laws. The Subscriber further agrees that, by accepting delivery of the certificate representing the Securities, it will be representing and warranting that the representations and warranties contained herein are true and correct as at the Closing Date with the same force and effect as if they had been made by the Subscriber on the Closing Date and that they will survive the purchase by the Subscriber of the Securities and will continue in full force and effect notwithstanding any subsequent disposition by the Subscriber of such Securities.
8. Acknowledgement and Waiver. The Subscriber has acknowledged that the decision to acquire the Securities was solely made on the basis of the Public Record. The Subscriber hereby waives, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any rights of withdrawal, rescission or compensation for damages to which the Subscriber might be entitled in connection with the distribution of any of the Securities.
9. Legending of Securities. The Subscriber hereby acknowledges that, upon the issuance thereof, and until such time as the same is no longer required under applicable securities laws, any certificates representing any of the Securities will bear a legend in substantially the following form:
2 A “senior foreign political figure” is defined as a senior official in the executive, legislative, administrative, military or judicial branches of a foreign government (whether elected or not), a senior official of a major foreign political party, or a senior executive of a foreign government-owned corporation. In addition, a “senior foreign political figure” includes any corporation, business or other entity that has been formed by, or for the benefit of, a senior foreign political figure.
3 “Immediate family” of a senior foreign political figure typically includes the figure’s parents, siblings, spouse, children and in-laws.
4 A “close associate” of a senior foreign political figure is a person who is widely and publicly known to maintain an unusually close relationship with the senior foreign political figure and includes a person who is in a position to conduct substantial domestic and international financial transactions on behalf of the senior foreign political figure.
“NONE OF THE SECURITIES REPRESENTED HEREBY HAVE BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE UNITED STATES SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED (THE “1933 ACT”), OR ANY U.S. STATE SECURITIES LAWS, AND, UNLESS SO REGISTERED, NONE MAY BE OFFERED OR SOLD, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN THE UNITED STATES OR TO U.S. PERSONS EXCEPT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF REGULATION S UNDER THE 1933 ACT, PURSUANT TO AN EFFECTIVE REGISTRATION STATEMENT UNDER THE 1933 ACT, OR PURSUANT TO AN EXEMPTION FROM, OR IN A TRANSACTION NOT SUBJECT TO, THE REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS OF THE 1933 ACT AND IN EACH CASE ONLY IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE SECURITIES LAWS.”
The Subscriber hereby acknowledges and agrees to the Issuer making a notation on its records or giving instructions to the registrar and transfer agent of the Issuer in order to implement the restrictions on transfer set forth and described in this Agreement.
10. Collection of Personal Information
10.1 The Subscriber acknowledges and consents to the fact that the Issuer is collecting the Subscriber’s personal information for the purpose of fulfilling this Agreement and completing the Offering. The Subscriber acknowledges that its personal information (and, if applicable, the personal information of those on whose behalf the Subscriber is contracting hereunder) may be included in record books in connection with the Offering and may be disclosed by the Issuer to: (a) stock exchanges or securities regulatory authorities, (b) the Issuer’s registrar and transfer agent, (c) tax authorities, (d) authorities pursuant to the PATRIOT Act (U.S.A.) and (e) any of the other parties involved in the Offering, including the Issuer’s legal counsel. By executing this Agreement, the Subscriber is deemed to be consenting to the foregoing collection, use and disclosure of the Subscriber’s personal information (and, if applicable, the personal information of those on whose behalf the Subscriber is contracting hereunder) for the foregoing purposes and to the retention of such personal information for as long as permitted or required by applicable laws. Notwithstanding that the Subscriber may be purchasing the Common Stock as agent on behalf of an undisclosed principal, the Subscriber agrees to provide, on request, particulars as to the nature and identity of such undisclosed principal, and any interest that such undisclosed principal has in the Issuer, all as may be required by the Issuer in order to comply with the foregoing.
10.2 Furthermore, the Subscriber is hereby notified that the Issuer may deliver to any government authority having jurisdiction over the Issuer, the Subscriber or this Subscription, including the SEC and/or any state securities commissions, certain personal information pertaining to the Subscriber, including the Subscriber’s full name, residential address and telephone number, the number of Shares or other securities of the Issuer owned by the Subscriber, the principal amount of Common Stock purchased by the Subscriber, the total Subscription Amount paid for the Common Stock and the date of distribution of the Common Stock.
11. Costs. The Subscriber acknowledges and agrees that all costs and expenses incurred by the Subscriber (including any fees and disbursements of any legal counsel retained by the Subscriber) relating to the purchase of the Common Stock will be borne by the Subscriber.
12. Governing Law. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Delaware (without reference to its rules governing the choice or conflict of laws).
13. Survival. This Agreement, including, without limitation, the representations, warranties and covenants contained herein, will survive and continue in full force and effect and be binding upon the Issuer and the Subscriber, notwithstanding the completion of the purchase of the Securities by the Subscriber.
14. Assignment. This Agreement is not transferable or assignable.
15. Severability. The invalidity or unenforceability of any particular provision of this Agreement will not affect or limit the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Agreement.
16. Entire Agreement. Except as expressly provided in this Agreement and in the exhibits, agreements, instruments and other documents attached hereto or contemplated or provided for herein, this Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the sale of the Securities and there are no other terms, conditions, representations or warranties, whether expressed, implied, oral or written, by statute or common law, by the Issuer or by anyone else.
17. Notices. All notices and other communications hereunder will be in writing and will be deemed to have been duly given if hand delivered or transmitted by any standard form of telecommunication, including facsimile, electronic mail or other means of electronic communication capable of producing a printed copy. Notices to the Subscriber will be directed to the address of the Subscriber set forth on page 2 of this Agreement and notices to the Issuer will be directed to it at the address of the Issuer set forth on page 3 of this Agreement.
18. Counterparts and Electronic Means. This Agreement may be executed in any number of counterparts, each of which, when so executed and delivered, will constitute an original and all of which together will constitute one instrument. Delivery of an executed copy of this Agreement by electronic facsimile transmission or other means of electronic communication capable of producing a printed copy will be deemed to be execution and delivery of this Agreement as of the Closing Date.
19. Exhibits. The exhibits attached hereto form part of this Agreement.
20. Indemnity. The Subscriber will indemnify and hold harmless the Issuer and, where applicable, its directors, officers, employees, agents, advisors and shareholders, from and against any and all loss, liability, claim, damage and expense whatsoever (including, but not limited to, any and all fees, costs and expenses whatsoever reasonably incurred in investigating, preparing or defending against any claim, lawsuit, administrative proceeding or investigation whether commenced or threatened) arising out of or based upon any representation or warranty of the Subscriber contained in this Agreement, the Questionnaire or in any document furnished by the Subscriber to the Issuer in connection herewith being untrue in any material respect, or any breach or failure by the Subscriber to comply with any covenant or agreement made by the Subscriber to the Issuer in connection therewith.
21. Down Round Protection. If the Company issues shares of its common stock or convertible preferred equity in connection with an up-listing to a national stock exchange for a purchase price per share less than the purchase price per share hereunder (a “Down Round”), the Company will issue additional Securities (for no additional consideration) to the Subscriber such that the effective purchase price per share (calculated by dividing the Purchase Price by the total shares (including the additional shares)) is equal to the purchase price per share paid by investors in the Down Round. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the maximum number of shares that may be issued to a Subscriber as a result of a Down Round shall not exceed twenty-five (25%) of that number of Securities purchased hereunder. However, the issuance of Securities by the Company shall not constitute a Down Round for purposes of this Agreement: (i) the issuance of equity or exercise of stock options or the conversion of convertible securities, in each case, issued to employees, directors of, or consultants to the Company pursuant to a plan, agreement or arrangement approved by the Company; (ii) a dividend or distribution payable to holders of capital stock of the Company; (iii) a subdivision (by stock split, recapitalization or otherwise) of outstanding shares of the Company into a greater number of shares, or (iv) any other equity or debt offering made without regard to an up-listing.
22. Registration Rights. The Company agrees that within 45 days of the closing of the Offering, the Company will file a re-sale registration statement, which registration statement will include the Securities purchased by the Subscriber herein. Any costs associated with the preparation and filing of the registration statement shall be paid by the Company.