Form of Warrant
NEITHER THE SECURITIES REPRESENTED HEREBY NOR THE SECURITIES ISSUABLE UPON EXERCISE OF THESE SECURITIES HAVE BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED (THE “SECURITIES ACT”), OR UNDER THE SECURITIES LAWS OF ANY STATES. THESE SECURITIES ARE SUBJECT TO RESTRICTIONS ON TRANSFERABILITY AND RESALE AND MAY NOT BE TRANSFERRED OR RESOLD EXCEPT AS PERMITTED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT AND THE APPLICABLE STATE SECURITIES LAWS, PURSUANT TO REGISTRATION OR EXEMPTION THEREFROM. UNLESS SOLD PURSUANT TO AN EFFECTIVE REGISTRATION STATEMENT UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT, THE ISSUER OF THESE SECURITIES MAY REQUIRE AN OPINION OF COUNSEL IN FORM AND SUBSTANCE SATISFACTORY TO THE ISSUER TO THE EFFECT THAT ANY PROPOSED TRANSFER OR RESALE IS IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE SECURITIES ACT AND ANY APPLICABLE STATE SECURITIES LAWS.
SUN BIOPHARMA, INC.
Original Issue Date: , 2019
Sun BioPharma, Inc., a Delaware corporation (the “Company”), hereby certifies that, for value received, or its registered assigns (the “Holder”), is entitled to purchase from the Company up to a total of shares of Common Stock (each such share, a “Warrant Share” and all such shares, the “Warrant Shares”), at any time and from time to time from and after the Original Issue Date and at or before 5:00 p.m., Eastern Time, through and including , 2024 (the “Expiration Date”), and subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Definitions. As used in this Warrant, the following terms shall have the respective definitions set forth in this Section 1. Capitalized terms that are used and not defined in this Warrant that are defined in the Purchase Agreement (as defined below) shall have the respective definitions set forth in the Purchase Agreement.
“Business Day” means any day, except a Saturday, Sunday or legal holiday, on which banking institutions in the city of Minneapolis, Minnesota are authorized or obligated by law or executive order to close.
“Closing Price” means, as of any particular date: (a) the volume weighted average of the closing sales prices of the Common Stock for such day on all Trading Market on which the Common Stock may at the time be listed; (b) if there have been no sales of the Common Stock on any such Trading Market on any such day, the average of the highest bid and lowest asked prices for the Common Stock on all such Trading Markets at the end of such day; (c) if on any such day the Common Stock is not listed on a Trading Market, the closing sales price of the Common Stock as reported for an OTC Market or similar quotation system or association for such day; or (d) if there have been no sales of the Common Stock on any OTC Market or any similar quotation system or association on such day, the average of the highest bid and lowest asked prices for the Common Stock quoted on the OTC Market or a similar quotation system or association at the end of such day; in each case, averaged over five (5) consecutive Trading Days ending on the Trading Day immediately prior to the day as of which the Closing Price is being determined. If at any time the Common Stock is not listed on any Trading Market or quoted on an OTC Market or similar quotation system or association, the Closing Price of the Common Stock shall be the fair market value per share as determined by the Company’s Board of Directors.
“Common Stock” means the common stock of the Company, par value $0.001 per share, and any securities into which such common stock may hereafter be reclassified.
“Exercise Price” means $4.00, subject to adjustment in accordance with Section 9.
“Fundamental Transaction” means any of the following: (i) the Company effects any merger or consolidation of the Company with or into another person, (ii) the Company effects any sale of all or substantially all of its assets in one or a series of related transactions, (iii) any tender offer or exchange offer (whether by the Company or another person) is completed pursuant to which holders of Common Stock are permitted to tender or exchange their shares for other securities, cash or property, or (iv) the Company effects any reclassification of the Common Stock or any compulsory share exchange pursuant to which the Common Stock is effectively converted into or exchanged for other securities, cash or property.
“Original Issue Date” means the Original Issue Date first set forth on the first page of this Warrant or its predecessor instrument.
“OTC Market” means the OTC Markets Group Inc. electronic inter-dealer quotation system, including OTCQX, OTCQB and OTCPink.
“Purchase Agreement” means the Securities Purchase Agreement, dated , 2019, to which the Company and the original Holder are parties.
“Trading Day” means (i) a day on which the Common Stock is traded on a Trading Market, or (ii) if the Common Stock is not listed on a Trading Market, a day on which the Common Stock is traded in an OTC Market; provided, that in the event that the Common Stock is not listed or quoted as set forth in clauses (i) and (ii), then Trading Day shall mean a Business Day.
“Trading Market” means whichever of the New York Stock Exchange, the NYSE American Stock Exchange, the Nasdaq Global Select Market, the Nasdaq Global Market, the Nasdaq Capital Market, if any, on which the Common Stock is listed or quoted for trading on the date in question.
2. Recordation of Warrant Ownership. The Company shall register this Warrant upon records to be maintained by the Company for that purpose (the “Warrant Register”), in the name of the record Holder hereof from time to time. The Company may deem and treat the registered Holder of this Warrant as the absolute owner hereof for the purpose of any exercise hereof or any distribution to the Holder, and for all other purposes, absent actual notice to the contrary.
3. Recordation of Transfers. The Company shall register the transfer of any portion of this Warrant in the Warrant Register, upon surrender of this Warrant, with the Form of Assignment attached hereto duly completed and signed, to the Company in accordance with Section 12 hereof. Upon any such registration or transfer, a new Warrant to purchase Common Stock, in substantially the form of this Warrant (any such new Warrant, a “New Warrant”), evidencing the portion of this Warrant so transferred shall be issued to the transferee and a New Warrant evidencing the remaining portion of this Warrant not so transferred, if any, shall be issued to the transferring Holder. The acceptance of the New Warrant by the transferee thereof shall be deemed the acceptance by such transferee of all of the rights and obligations of a holder of a Warrant.
4. Exercise and Duration of Warrants.
(a) This Warrant shall be exercisable by the registered Holder in whole at any time and in part from time to time from the Original Issue Date through and including the Expiration Date. At 5:00 p.m., Eastern Time on the Expiration Date, the portion of this Warrant not exercised prior thereto shall be and become void and of no value; provided. The Company may not call or redeem any portion of this Warrant without the prior written consent of the affected Holder.
(b) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, the number of Warrant Shares that may be acquired by the Holder upon any exercise of this Warrant (or otherwise in respect hereof) shall be limited to the extent necessary to insure that, following such exercise (or other issuance), the total number of shares of Common Stock then beneficially owned by such Holder and its affiliates (as defined under Rule 144, “Affiliates”) and any other persons whose beneficial ownership of Common Stock would be aggregated with the Holder’s for purposes of Section 13(d) of the Exchange Act, does not exceed 4.999%
of the total number of issued and outstanding shares of Common Stock (including for such purpose the shares of Common Stock issuable upon such exercise). For such purposes, beneficial ownership shall be determined in accordance with Section 13(d) of the Exchange Act and the rules and regulations promulgated thereunder. This provision shall not restrict the number of shares of Common Stock which a Holder may receive or beneficially own in order to determine the amount of securities or other consideration that such Holder may receive in the event of a Fundamental Transaction as contemplated in Section 9 of this Warrant. By written notice to the Company, the Holder may waive the provisions of this Section 4(b), but any such waiver will not be effective until the 61st day after delivery of such notice, nor will any such waiver effect any other Holder.
5. Delivery of Warrant Shares.
(a) To effect exercises hereunder, the Holder shall not be required to physically surrender this Warrant unless the aggregate Warrant Shares represented by this Warrant are being exercised. Upon delivery of the Exercise Notice (in the form attached hereto) to the Company (with the attached Warrant Shares Exercise Log) at its address for notice set forth herein and upon payment of the Exercise Price multiplied by the number of Warrant Shares that the Holder intends to purchase hereunder and the Company shall promptly after the Date of Exercise issue and deliver to the Holder, a certificate (or electronic equivalent) for the Warrant Shares issuable upon such exercise, which, unless otherwise required by the Purchase Agreement, shall be free of restrictive legends. The Company shall, upon request of the Holder and subsequent to the date on which a registration statement covering the resale of the Warrant Shares has been declared effective by the Securities and Exchange Commission, use its reasonable best efforts to deliver Warrant Shares hereunder electronically through the Depository Trust Corporation or another established clearing corporation performing similar functions, if available, provided, that, the Company may, but will not be required to change its transfer agent if its current transfer agent cannot deliver Warrant Shares electronically through the Depository Trust Corporation. A “Date of Exercise” means the date on which the Holder shall have delivered to the Company: (i) the Exercise Notice (with the Warrant Exercise Log attached to it), appropriately completed and duly signed and (ii) if such Holder is not utilizing the cashless exercise provisions set forth in this Warrant, payment of the Exercise Price for the number of Warrant Shares so indicated by the Holder to be purchased.
(b) If by the third Trading Day after a Date of Exercise the Company fails to deliver the required number of Warrant Shares in the manner required pursuant to Section 5(a), then the Holder will have the right to rescind such exercise.
(c) If by the third Trading Day after a Date of Exercise the Company fails to deliver the required number of Warrant Shares in the manner required pursuant to Section 5(a), and if after such third Trading Day and prior to the receipt of such Warrant Shares, the Holder purchases (in an open market transaction or otherwise) shares of Common Stock to deliver in satisfaction of a sale by the Holder of the Warrant Shares which the Holder anticipated receiving upon such exercise (a “Buy-In”), then the Company shall (1) pay in cash to the Holder the amount by which (x) the Holder’s total purchase price (including brokerage commissions, if any) for the shares of Common Stock so purchased exceeds (y) the amount obtained by multiplying (A) the number of Warrant Shares that the Company was required to deliver to the Holder in connection with the exercise at issue by (B) the closing bid price of the Common Stock at the time of the obligation giving rise to such purchase obligation and (2) at the option of the Holder, either reinstate the portion of the Warrant and equivalent number of Warrant Shares for which such exercise was not honored or deliver to the Holder the number of shares of Common Stock that would have been issued had the Company timely complied with its exercise and delivery obligations hereunder. The Holder shall provide the Company written notice indicating the amounts payable to the Holder in respect of the Buy-In.
(d) The Company’s obligations to issue and deliver Warrant Shares in accordance with the terms hereof are absolute and unconditional, irrespective of any action or inaction by the Holder to enforce the same, any waiver or consent with respect to any provision hereof, the recovery of any judgment
against any person or any action to enforce the same, or any setoff, counterclaim, recoupment, limitation or termination, or any breach or alleged breach by the Holder or any other person of any obligation to the Company or any violation or alleged violation of law by the Holder or any other person, and irrespective of any other circumstance which might otherwise limit such obligation of the Company to the Holder in connection with the issuance of Warrant Shares. Nothing herein shall limit a Holder’s right to pursue any other remedies available to it hereunder, at law or in equity including, without limitation, a decree of specific performance and/or injunctive relief with respect to the Company’s failure to timely deliver certificates representing Warrant Shares upon exercise of the Warrant as required pursuant to the terms hereof.
6. Charges, Taxes and Expenses. Issuance and delivery of Warrant Shares upon exercise of this Warrant shall be made without charge to the Holder for any issue or transfer tax, withholding tax, transfer agent fee or other incidental tax or expense in respect of the issuance of such certificates, all of which taxes and expenses shall be paid by the Company; provided, however, that the Company shall not be required to pay any tax which may be payable in respect of any transfer involved in the registration of any certificates for Warrant Shares or Warrants in a name other than that of the Holder. The Holder shall be responsible for all other tax liability that may arise as a result of holding or transferring this Warrant or receiving Warrant Shares upon exercise hereof.
7. Replacement of Warrant. If this Warrant is mutilated, lost, stolen or destroyed, the Company shall issue or cause to be issued in exchange and substitution for and upon cancellation hereof, or in lieu of and substitution for this Warrant, a New Warrant, but only upon receipt of evidence reasonably satisfactory to the Company of such loss, theft or destruction and customary and reasonable indemnity (which shall not include a surety bond), if requested. Applicants for a New Warrant under such circumstances shall also comply with such other reasonable regulations and procedures and pay such other reasonable third-party costs as the Company may prescribe. If a New Warrant is requested as a result of a mutilation of this Warrant, then the Holder shall deliver such mutilated Warrant to the Company as a condition precedent to the Company’s obligation to issue the New Warrant.
8. Reservation of Warrant Shares. The Company covenants that it will at all times reserve and keep available out of the aggregate of its authorized but unissued and otherwise unreserved Common Stock, solely for the purpose of enabling it to issue Warrant Shares upon exercise of this Warrant as herein provided, the number of Warrant Shares which are then issuable and deliverable upon the exercise of this entire Warrant, free from preemptive rights or any other contingent purchase rights of Persons other than the Holder (taking into account the adjustments and restrictions of Section 9). The Company covenants that all Warrant Shares so issuable and deliverable shall, upon issuance and the payment of the applicable Exercise Price in accordance with the terms hereof, be duly and validly authorized, issued and fully paid and nonassessable.
9. Certain Adjustments. In order to mitigate dilution of the purchase rights granted under this Warrant, the Exercise Price and number of Warrant Shares issuable upon exercise of this Warrant are subject to adjustment from time to time as provided in this Section 9 (in each case after taking into consideration any prior adjustments pursuant to this Section 9).
(a) Fundamental Transactions. If, at any time while this Warrant is outstanding, there is a Fundamental Transaction, then the Holder shall have the right thereafter to receive, upon exercise of this Warrant, the same amount and kind of securities, cash or property as it would have been entitled to receive upon the occurrence of such Fundamental Transaction if it had been, immediately prior to such Fundamental Transaction, the holder of the number of Warrant Shares then issuable upon exercise in full of this Warrant (the “Alternate Consideration”). For purposes of any such exercise, the determination of the Exercise Price shall be appropriately adjusted to apply to such Alternate Consideration based on the amount of Alternate Consideration issuable in respect of one share of Common Stock in such Fundamental Transaction, and the Company shall apportion the Exercise Price among the Alternate Consideration in a reasonable manner reflecting the relative value of any different components of the Alternate Consideration.
If holders of Common Stock are given any choice as to the securities, cash or property to be received in a Fundamental Transaction, then the Holder shall be given the same choice as to the Alternate Consideration it receives upon any exercise of this Warrant following such Fundamental Transaction. At the Holder’s option and request, any successor to the Company or surviving entity in such Fundamental Transaction shall, either (1) issue to the Holder a new warrant substantially in the form of this Warrant and consistent with the foregoing provisions and evidencing the Holder’s right to purchase the Alternate Consideration for the aggregate Exercise Price upon exercise thereof, or (2) purchase the Warrant from the Holder for a purchase price, payable in cash within five Trading Days after such request (or, if later, on the effective date of the Fundamental Transaction), equal to the Black Scholes value of the remaining unexercised portion of this Warrant on the date of such request. The terms of any agreement pursuant to which a Fundamental Transaction is effected shall include terms requiring any such successor or surviving entity to comply with the provisions of this paragraph (b) and insuring that the Warrant (or any such replacement security) will be similarly adjusted upon any subsequent transaction analogous to a Fundamental Transaction.
(b) Stock Dividends and Splits. If, at any time while this Warrant is outstanding, the Company (i) pays a stock dividend on its Common Stock or otherwise makes a distribution on any class of capital stock that is payable in shares of Common Stock, (ii) subdivides outstanding shares of Common Stock into a larger number of shares, or (iii) combines outstanding shares of Common Stock into a smaller number of shares, then in each such case the Exercise Price shall be adjusted to equal the product obtained by multiplying the then-current Exercise Price by a fraction of which the numerator shall be the number of shares of Common Stock outstanding immediately before such event and of which the denominator shall be the number of shares of Common Stock outstanding immediately after such event. Any adjustment made pursuant to clause (i) of this paragraph shall become effective immediately after the record date for the determination of stockholders entitled to receive such dividend or distribution, and any adjustment pursuant to clause (ii) or (iii) of this paragraph shall become effective immediately after the effective date of such subdivision or combination.
(c) Calculations. All calculations under this Section 9 shall be made to the nearest cent or the nearest 1/100th of a share, as applicable. The number of shares of Common Stock outstanding at any given time shall not include shares owned or held by or for the account of the Company, and the disposition of any such shares shall be considered an issue or sale of Common Stock.
(d) Notice of Adjustments. Upon the occurrence of each adjustment pursuant to this Section 9, the Company, at its expense will promptly compute such adjustment in accordance with the terms of this Warrant and prepare a certificate setting forth such adjustment, including a statement of the adjusted Exercise Price and adjusted number or type of Warrant Shares or other securities issuable upon exercise of this Warrant (as applicable), describing the transactions giving rise to such adjustments and showing in detail the facts upon which such adjustment is based. Upon written request, the Company will promptly deliver a copy of each such certificate to the Holder and to the Company’s Transfer Agent.
10. Payment of Exercise Price. The Holder may pay the Exercise Price in one of the following manners:
(a) Cash Exercise. The Holder may deliver immediately available funds; or
(b) Cashless Exercise. If an Exercise Notice is delivered at a time when a registration statement permitting the Holder to resell the Warrant Shares is not then effective or the prospectus forming a part thereof is not then available to the Holder for the resale of the Warrant Shares, then the Holder may
notify the Company in an Exercise Notice of its election to utilize cashless exercise, in which event the Company shall issue to the Holder the number of Warrant Shares determined as follows:
X = the number of Warrant Shares to be issued to the Holder.
Y = the number of Warrant Shares with respect to which this Warrant is being exercised.
A = the Closing Price.
B = the Exercise Price.
For purposes of Rule 144 promulgated under the Securities Act, it is intended, understood and acknowledged that the Warrant Shares issued in a cashless exercise transaction shall be deemed to have been acquired by the Holder, and the holding period for the Warrant Shares shall be deemed to have commenced, on the date this Warrant was originally issued.
11. No Fractional Shares. No fractional shares of Warrant Shares will be issued in connection with any exercise of this Warrant. In lieu of any fractional shares which would, otherwise be issuable, the Company shall pay cash equal to the product of such fraction multiplied by the Closing Price of one Warrant Share on the date of exercise.
12. Notices. Any and all notices or other communications or deliveries hereunder (including, without limitation, any Exercise Notice) shall be in writing and shall be deemed given and effective if provided pursuant to the Purchase Agreement. In case any time: (1) the Company shall declare any cash dividend on its capital stock; (2) the Company shall pay any dividend payable in stock upon its capital stock or make any distribution to the holders of its capital stock; (3) the Company shall offer for subscription pro rata to the holders of its capital stock any additional shares of stock of any class or other rights; (4) there shall be any capital reorganization, or reclassification of the capital stock of the Company, or consolidation or merger of the Company with, or sale of all or substantially all of its assets to, another corporation; or (5) there shall be a voluntary or involuntary dissolution, liquidation or winding up of the Company; then, in any one or more of said cases, the Company shall give prompt written notice to the Holder. Such notice shall also specify the date as of which the holders of capital stock of record shall participate in such dividend, distribution or subscription rights, or shall be entitled to exchange their capital stock for securities or other property deliverable upon such reorganization, reclassification, consolidation, merger, sale, dissolution, liquidation or winding up, or conversion or redemption, as the case may be. Such written notice shall be given at least 20 days prior to the action in question and not less than 20 days prior to the record date or the date on which the Company’s transfer books are closed in respect thereto.
(a) This Warrant shall be binding on and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and assigns. Subject to the preceding sentence, nothing in this Warrant shall be construed to give to any Person other than the Company and the Holder any legal or equitable right, remedy or cause of action under this Warrant. This Warrant may be amended only in writing signed by the Company and the Holder and their successors and assigns.
(b) All questions concerning the construction, validity, enforcement and interpretation of this Warrant shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Delaware, without regard to the principles of conflicts of law thereof.
(c) The headings herein are for convenience only, do not constitute a part of this Warrant and shall not be deemed to limit or affect any of the provisions hereof.
(d) In case any one or more of the provisions of this Warrant shall be invalid or unenforceable in any respect, the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and provisions of this Warrant shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby and the parties will attempt in good faith to agree upon a valid and enforceable provision which shall be a commercially reasonable substitute therefor, and upon so agreeing, shall incorporate such substitute provision in this Warrant.
(e) Prior to exercise of this Warrant, the Holder hereof shall not, by reason of being a Holder, be entitled to any rights of a stockholder with respect to the Warrant Shares
[Signature Page Follows]
In witness whereof, the Company has caused this Warrant to be duly executed by its authorized officer as of the date first indicated above.
|Sun BioPharma, Inc.|
[Signature Page to Warrant]