Third Amendment to Term Loan Credit Agreement, dated February 26, 2019, by and among Stein Mart, Inc., Stein Mart Buying Corp., the guarantors named therein, Gordon Brothers Finance Company and the other lenders named therein
THIRD AMENDMENT TO TERM LOAN CREDIT AGREEMENT
This THIRD AMENDMENT TO TERM LOAN CREDIT AGREEMENT, dated as of February 26, 2019 (this Amendment), is entered into by and among GORDON BROTHERS FINANCE COMPANY, in its capacity as the administrative agent (in such capacity, together with its successors and assigns, Administrative Agent) pursuant to the Credit Agreement (as defined below) for the Lenders (as defined below), the parties to the Credit Agreement as lenders (individually, each a Lender and collectively, Lenders) party hereto, Stein Mart, Inc., a Florida corporation (Stein Mart or the Lead Borrower), and Stein Mart Buying Corp., a Florida corporation (Buying Corp., and together with Stein Mart, each individually a Borrower and collectively, Borrowers), and the obligors party thereto as guarantors (each individually a Guarantor and collectively, Guarantors).
WHEREAS, Administrative Agent, Lenders, Borrowers and Guarantors have entered into financing arrangements pursuant to which Lenders (or Administrative Agent on behalf of Lenders) have made and may make loans and advances and provide other financial accommodations to Borrowers as set forth in the Term Loan Credit Agreement, dated as of March 14, 2018, by and among Administrative Agent, Lenders, Borrowers and Guarantors, as amended by the First Amendment to Term Loan Credit Agreement, dated as of May 10, 2018 and the Second Amendment to Term Loan Credit Agreement, dated as of September 18, 2018 (as the same now exists and is amended and supplemented pursuant hereto and may hereafter be further amended, modified, supplemented, extended, renewed, restated or replaced, the Credit Agreement) and the other Loan Documents;
WHEREAS, Lead Borrower has requested that Administrative Agent and Lenders modify certain provisions of the Credit Agreement and Administrative Agent and Lenders are willing to agree to such modifications on the terms and subject to the conditions set forth herein;
WHEREAS, by this Amendment, Administrative Agent, Lenders and Borrowers desire and intend to make certain amendments to the Credit Agreement;
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of the foregoing and the mutual agreements and covenants contained herein, and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, the parties hereto agree as follows:
1. Definitions. For purposes of this Amendment, all terms used herein which are not otherwise defined herein, including but not limited to, those terms used in the recitals hereto, shall have the respective meanings assigned thereto in the Credit Agreement as amended by this Amendment.
2. Amendment to Credit Agreement. Upon the occurrence of the Third Amendment Effective Date, the Credit Agreement is hereby amended as follows:
(a) Additional Definitions. The following definitions are hereby added to the Credit Agreement:
(i) Third Amendment means that certain Third Amendment to Term Loan Credit Agreement, dated February 26, 2019, by and among the Administrative Agent, Borrowers, the Lenders, and Guarantors.
(ii) Third Amendment Effective Date means the date that all of the conditions set forth in Section 5 of the Third Amendment are satisfied. The Third Amendment Effective Date is February 26, 2019.
(iii) Specified Capitalized Lease shall mean, collectively, (i) that certain Master LED Lighting Installation Agreement to be entered on or after the Third Amendment Effective Date, for approximately 180 stores to be installed and under lease in 2019 (the Installment Agreement) and (ii) that certain Master Lease Agreement to be entered in connection with the Installment Agreement; copies of which will be delivered to Administrative Agent, promptly upon execution thereof.
(b) Amendments to Definitions.
(i) The definition of Capital Expenditures as set forth in Section 1.01 of the Credit Agreement is hereby amended by deleting such definition and replacing it with the following:
Capital Expenditures means, with respect to any Person for any period, (a) all expenditures made (whether made in the form of cash or other property) or costs incurred for the acquisition or improvement of fixed or capital assets of such Person (excluding normal replacements and maintenance which are properly charged to current operations), in each case that are (or should be) set forth as capital expenditures in a Consolidated statement of cash flows of such Person for such period, in each case prepared in accordance with GAAP, plus (b) Capital Lease Obligations incurred by a Person during such period, less (c) any tenant allowances actually received by the Borrowers from any of its landlords in connection with the preceding clauses (a) or (b); provided, that, for purposes of calculating the Consolidated Fixed Charge Coverage Ratio, notwithstanding that GAAP may require that the aggregate amount payable over the course of the Specified Capital Lease be included as a Capitalized Lease Obligation in the period in which such Specified Capital Lease is executed, only the monthly payments in respect of the Specified Capitalized Lease (including, without limitation, the monthly lease payments, fees and taxes) due and payable during the applicable Measurement Period shall be included as a Capitalized Lease Obligation.
(ii) The definition of Permitted Indebtedness as set forth in Section 1.01 of the Credit Agreement is hereby amended by deleting clause (c)(ii) of such definition and replacing it with the following:
(ii) the aggregate principal amount of Indebtedness permitted by this clause (c) shall not exceed, at any time outstanding, the sum of (A) $10,000,000 plus (B) the aggregate amount payable by Borrower in respect of the Specified Capitalized Lease and further provided that, if requested by the Administrative Agent, the Loan Parties shall cause the holders of such Indebtedness to enter into a Collateral Access Agreement on terms reasonably satisfactory to the Administrative Agent;
3. Representations and Warranties. Borrowers each represent and warrant with and to the Administrative Agent and each Lender on the Third Amendment Effective Date as follows:
(a) After giving effect to this Amendment, no Default or Event of Default exists or has occurred and is continuing as of the date of this Amendment;
(b) this Amendment has been duly authorized, executed and delivered by all necessary action on the part of Borrowers and the other Loan Parties and, if necessary, their respective equity holders and is in full force and effect as of the date hereof, as the case may be, and the agreements and obligations
of Borrowers and the other Loan Parties contained herein and therein constitute legal, valid and binding obligations of Borrowers and the other Loan Parties, enforceable against Borrowers and the other Loan Parties in accordance with their terms, except as enforceability is limited by bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, moratorium or other laws relating to or affecting generally the enforcement of creditors rights and except to the extent that availability of the remedy of specific performance or injunctive relief is subject to the discretion of the court before which any proceeding therefor may be brought;
(c) the execution, delivery and performance of this Amendment (i) are within each Borrowers and Guarantors corporate or limited liability company powers and (ii) are not in contravention of law or the terms of any Borrowers or Guarantors certificate or articles of incorporation or formation, operating agreement, by laws, or other organizational documentation, or any indenture, agreement or undertaking to which any Borrower or other Loan Party is a party or by which any Borrower or other Loan Party or its property are bound; and
(d) all of the representations and warranties set forth in the Credit Agreement and the other Loan Documents, each as amended hereby, are true and correct in all material respects on and as of the date hereof, as if made on the date hereof, except to the extent any such representation or warranty is made as of a specified date, in which case such representation or warranty shall have been true and correct as of such date.
4. Consent to Amendment to Revolving Credit Agreement. Administrative Agent and Lenders hereby consent to the Amendment No. 4 to the Second Amended and Restated Revolving Credit Agreement (the Revolving Amendment), as required by Section 5.2(a)(7) of the Intercreditor Agreement, such consent being conditioned on the changes to the Revolving Credit Agreement (in respect of the calculation of the Fixed Charge Coverage Ratio, and the definition of Capital Expenditures) being the same as those set forth in this Amendment.
5. Conditions Precedent. This Amendment shall become effective as of the date on which each of the following conditions have been satisfied, as determined by Administrative Agent in its sole discretion (the Third Amendment Effective Date):
(a) this Amendment shall have been duly executed by each party hereto;
(b) Administrative Agent shall have received, in form and substance satisfactory to it, the Revolving Agents consent to the amendments set forth in this Amendment, as required by Section 5.2(b)(5) of the Intercreditor Agreement, duly authorized, executed and delivered by the Revolving Agent;
(c) Administrative Agent shall have received, in form and substance satisfactory to it, an executed copy of the Revolving Amendment. duly authorized, executed and delivered by the Revolving Agent, the lenders party thereto, Borrowers and Guarantors;
(d) as of the date of this Amendment and after giving effect thereto, no Default or Event of Default shall exist or have occurred and be continuing.
(a) In consideration of the agreements of Administrative Agent and Lenders contained herein, and the continued making of the loans, advances and other accommodations by Lenders to Borrowers pursuant to the Credit Agreement, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, each Loan Party, on behalf of itself and its successors, assigns, and other legal representatives, hereby, jointly and severally, absolutely, unconditionally and
irrevocably releases, remises and forever discharges Administrative Agent and each Lender, and its and their present and former shareholders, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, predecessors, directors, officers, attorneys, employees, agents and other representatives and their respective successors and assigns (Administrative Agent, Lenders and all such other parties being hereinafter referred to collectively as the Releasees and individually as a Releasee), of and from all demands, actions, causes of action, suits, covenants, contracts, controversies, agreements, promises, sums of money, accounts, bills, reckonings, damages and any and all other claims, counterclaims, defenses, rights of set-off, demands and liabilities whatsoever (individually, a Claim and collectively, Claims) of every name and nature, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, both at law and in equity, which Borrower, or any of its successors, assigns, or other legal representatives and their respective successors and assigns may now or hereafter own, hold, have or claim to have against the Releasees or any of them for, upon, or by reason of any nature, cause or thing whatsoever which arises at any time on or prior to the day and date of this Amendment, for or on account of, or in relation to, or in any way in connection with the Credit Agreement, as amended and supplemented through the date hereof, and the other Loan Documents.
(b) Each Loan Party acknowledges and agrees that the release set forth above may be pleaded as a full and complete defense and may be used as a basis for an injunction against any action, suit or other proceeding which may be instituted, prosecuted or attempted in breach of the provisions of such release.
(c) Each Loan Party agrees that no fact, event, circumstance, evidence or transaction which could now be asserted or which may hereafter be discovered shall affect in any manner the final and unconditional nature of the release set forth above.
(d) Each Loan Party represents and warrants that each such Person is the sole and lawful owner of all right, title and interest in and to all of the claims released hereby and each such Person has not heretofore voluntarily, by operation of law or otherwise, assigned or transferred or purported to assign or transfer to any person any such claim or any portion thereof.
(e) Nothing contained herein shall constitute an admission of liability with respect to any Claim on the part of any Releasee.
(f) Each Loan Party, on behalf of itself and its successors, assigns, and other legal representatives, hereby absolutely, unconditionally and irrevocably, jointly and severally, covenants and agrees with each Releasee that it will not sue (at law, in equity, in any regulatory proceeding or otherwise) any Releasee on the basis of any Claim released, remised and discharged by any Loan Party pursuant to Section 6(a) hereof. If any Loan Party violates the foregoing covenant, Borrowers, jointly and severally agree to pay, in addition to such other damages as any Releasee may sustain as a result of such violation, all attorneys fees and costs incurred by any Releasee as a result of such violation.
7. Effect of this Third Amendment. Except as expressly set forth herein, no other consents, amendments, changes or modifications to the Loan Documents are intended or implied hereby, and in all other respects the Loan Documents are hereby specifically ratified, restated and confirmed by all parties hereto as of the effective date hereof and Borrowers and the other Loan Parties shall not be entitled to any other or further consent by virtue of the provisions of this Amendment or with respect to the subject matter of this Amendment. To the extent of conflict between the terms of this Amendment and the other Loan Documents, the terms of this Amendment shall control. The Credit Agreement and this Amendment shall be read and construed as one agreement.
8. Governing Law. The validity, interpretation and enforcement of this Amendment and any dispute arising out of the relationship between the parties hereto whether in contract, tort, equity or
otherwise, shall be governed by the internal laws of the State of New York but excluding any principles of conflicts of law or other rule of law that would cause the application of the law of any jurisdiction other than the laws of the State of New York.
9. Binding Effect. This Amendment shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of each of the parties hereto and their respective successors and assigns.
10. Further Assurances. Borrowers and other Loan Parties shall execute and deliver such additional documents and take such additional action as may be reasonably requested by Administrative Agent to effectuate the provisions and purposes of this Amendment.
11. Entire Agreement. This Amendment and the other Loan Documents represent the entire agreement and understanding concerning the subject matter hereof and thereof among the parties hereto, and supersedes all other prior agreements, understandings, negotiations and discussions, representations, warranties, commitments, proposals, offers and contracts concerning the subject matter hereof and thereof, whether oral or written.
12. Headings. The headings listed herein are for convenience only and do not constitute matters to be construed in interpreting this Amendment.
13. Counterparts. This Amendment may be executed in any number of counterparts, each of which shall be an original, but all of which taken together shall constitute one and the same agreement. Delivery of an executed counterpart of this Amendment by telefacsimile or other electronic method of transmission shall have the same force and effect as delivery of an original executed counterpart of this Amendment. Any party delivering an executed counterpart of this Amendment by telefacsimile or other electronic method of transmission shall also deliver an original executed counterpart of this Amendment, but the failure to do so shall not affect the validity, enforceability, and binding effect of this Amendment.
[REMAINDER OF THIS PAGE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK]
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have caused this Amendment to be duly executed and delivered as of the day and year first above written.
STEIN MART, INC.
/s/ James B. Brown
James B. Brown
STEIN MART BUYING CORP.
/s/ James B. Brown
James B. Brown
STEIN MART HOLDING CORP.
/s/ James B. Brown
James B. Brown
Signature Page Third Amendment
Term Loan Credit Agreement
|AGENT AND LENDERS:|
GORDON BROTHERS FINANCE COMPANY, as the Administrative Agent
/s/ David Vega
GORDON BROTHERS FINANCE COMPANY LLC, as a Lender
/s/ David Vega
Signature Page Third Amendment
Term Loan Credit Agreement