2.9 Incorporation of Software Code. I agree not to incorporate into any Inventions, including any Company software, or otherwise deliver to Company, any software code licensed under the GNU General Public License, Lesser General Public License, or any other license that, by its terms, requires or conditions the use or distribution of such code on the disclosure, licensing, or distribution of any source code owned or licensed by Company, except in strict compliance with Companys policies regarding the use of such software or as directed by Company.
3. Records. I agree to keep and maintain adequate and current records (in the form of notes, sketches, drawings and in any other form that is required by Company) of all Confidential Information developed by me and all Company Inventions made by me during the period of my employment at Company, which records will be available to and remain the sole property of Employer at all times.
4. Duty of Loyalty During Employment. During my employment by Company, I will not, without Companys written consent, directly or indirectly engage in any employment or business activity that is directly or indirectly competitive with, or would otherwise conflict with, my employment by Company.
5. No Solicitation of Employees, Consultants or Contractors. To the extent permitted by applicable law, I agree that during my employment and for the one year period after the date my employment ends for any reason, including but not limited to voluntary termination by me or involuntary termination by Company, I will not, as an officer, director, employee, consultant, owner, partner, or in any other capacity, either directly or through others (except on behalf of Company) solicit, induce, encourage any person known to me to be an employee, consultant, or independent contractor of Company to terminate his, her or its relationship with Company.
6. Reasonableness of Restrictions. I have read this entire Agreement and understand it. I agree that (a) this Agreement does not prevent me from earning a living or pursuing my career, and (b) the restrictions contained in this Agreement are reasonable, proper, and necessitated by Companys legitimate business interests. I represent and agree that I am entering into this Agreement freely, with knowledge of its contents and the intent to be bound by its terms. If a court finds this Agreement, or any of its restrictions, are ambiguous, unenforceable, or invalid, Company and I agree that the court will read the Agreement as a whole and interpret such restriction(s) to be enforceable and valid to the maximum extent allowed by law. If the court declines to enforce this Agreement in the manner provided in this Section and/or Section 12.2, Company and I agree that this Agreement will be automatically modified to provide Company with the maximum protection of its business interests allowed by law, and I agree to be bound by this Agreement as modified.
7. No Conflicting Agreement or Obligation. I represent that my performance of all the terms of this Agreement and as an employee of Company does not and will not breach any agreement to keep in confidence information acquired by me in confidence or in trust prior to my employment by Company. I have not entered into, and I agree I will not enter into, any written or oral agreement in conflict with this Agreement.
8. Return of Company Property. When I cease to be employed by Company, I will deliver to Company any and all materials, together with all copies thereof, containing or disclosing any Company Inventions, or Confidential Information. I will not copy, delete, or alter any information contained upon my Company computer or Company equipment before I return it to Company. In addition, if I have used any personal computer, server, or e-mail system to receive, store, review, prepare or transmit any Company information, including but not limited to, Confidential Information, I agree to provide Company with a computer-useable copy of all such information and then permanently delete such information from those systems; and I agree to provide Company access to my system as reasonably requested to verify that the necessary copying and/or deletion is completed. I further agree that any property situated on Companys premises and owned by Company, including disks and other storage media, filing cabinets or other work areas, is subject to inspection by Companys personnel at any time during my employment, with or without notice. Prior to leaving, I hereby agree to: provide Company any and all information needed to access any Company property or information returned or required to be returned pursuant to this paragraph, including without limitation any login, password, and account information; cooperate with Company in attending an exit interview; and complete and sign Companys termination statement if required to do so by Company.
Employee Confidential Information and Inventions Assignment Agreement