Schlumberger 2017 Omnibus Stock Incentive Plan, as amended and restated effective January 21, 2021
2017 Omnibus Stock Incentive Plan
(As amended and restated effective January 21, 2021)
1. Objectives. This 2017 Schlumberger Omnibus Stock Incentive Plan (this Plan) was adopted by Schlumberger Limited (the Company) in order to retain employees with a high degree of training, experience and ability, to attract new employees whose services are considered particularly valuable, to encourage the sense of proprietorship of such persons and to promote the active interest of such persons in the development and financial success of the Company and its Subsidiaries. These objectives are to be accomplished by making Awards under this Plan and thereby providing Participants with a proprietary interest in the growth and performance of the Company and its Subsidiaries.
2. Definitions. As used herein, the terms set forth below have the following respective meanings:
Award means the grant of any Option, Stock Appreciation Right, Stock Award, Cash Award or Performance Award, whether granted singly, in combination or in tandem, to a Participant pursuant to such applicable terms, conditions and limitations as the Committee may establish in accordance with the objectives of this Plan.
Award Agreement means the document (in written or electronic form) communicating the terms, conditions and limitations applicable of an Award. The Committee may, in its discretion, require that the Participant execute such Award Agreement, or may provide for procedures through which Award Agreements are made available but not executed. Any Participant who is granted an Award and who does not affirmatively reject the applicable Award Agreement will be deemed to have accepted the terms of Award as embodied in the Award Agreement.
Board means the board of directors of the Company.
Cash Award means an Award denominated in cash.
Code means the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.
Committee means the Compensation Committee of the Board, and any successor committee thereto or such other committee of the Board as may be designated by the Board to administer this Plan in whole or in part including any subcommittee of the Board as designated by the Board.
Common Stock means the common stock, par value $0.01 per share, of the Company.
Dividend Equivalents means, with respect to a Stock Award an amount equal to all dividends and other distributions (or the economic equivalent thereof) that are payable to stockholders of record during the Restriction Period on a like number of unrestricted shares of Common Stock.
Employee means an employee of the Company or any of its Subsidiaries and an individual who has agreed to become an employee of the Company or any of its Subsidiaries and actually becomes such an employee within the following six months.
Fair Market Value means, with respect to a share of Common Stock on a particular date, the mean between the highest and lowest composite sales price per share of the Common Stock, as reported on the consolidated transaction reporting system for the New York Stock Exchange for that date, or, if there has been no such reported prices for that date, the reported mean price on the last preceding date on which a composite sale or sales were effected on one or more of the exchanges on which the shares of Common Stock were traded will be the Fair Market Value.
Incentive Option means an Option that is intended to comply with the requirements set forth in Section 422 of the Code.
Non-Qualified Option means an Option that is not intended to comply with the requirements set forth in Section 422 of the Code.
Option means a right to purchase a specified number of shares of Common Stock at a specified price, which is either an Incentive Option or a Non-Qualified Option.
Participant means an Employee to whom an Award has been made under this Plan.
Performance Award means an award made pursuant to this Plan to a Participant, which Award is subject to the attainment of one or more Performance Goals.
Performance Goal means one or more standards established by the Committee to determine in whole or in part whether a Performance Award will be earned.
Restricted Stock means any Common Stock that is restricted or subject to forfeiture provisions.
Restricted Stock Unit means a unit evidencing the right to receive one share of Common Stock or equivalent value (as determined by the Committee) that is restricted or subject to forfeiture provisions.
Restriction Period means a period of time beginning as of the date upon which an Award of Restricted Stock or Restricted Stock Units is made pursuant to this Plan and ending as of the date upon which the Common Stock subject to such Award is issued (if not previously issued) no longer restricted or subject to forfeiture provisions.
Section 409A means Section 409A of the Code and any Treasury Regulations and guidance promulgated thereunder.
Stock Appreciation Right or SAR means a right to receive a payment, in cash or Common Stock, equal to the excess of the Fair Market Value or other specified valuation of a specified number of shares of Common Stock on the date the right is exercised over a specified strike price, in each case, as determined by the Committee.
Stock Award means an award in the form of shares of Common Stock or units denominated in shares of Common Stock, including Restricted Stock or Restricted Stock Units, and which may be structured in the form of a Performance Award. For the avoidance of doubt, a Stock Award does not include an Option or SAR.
Subsidiary means (i) in the case of a corporation, a subsidiary corporation of the Company as defined in Section 424(f) of the Code and (ii) in the case of a partnership or other business entity not organized as a corporation, any such business entity of which the Company directly or indirectly owns 50% or more of the voting, capital or profits interests (whether in the form of partnership interests, membership interests or otherwise).
3. Eligibility. All Employees of the Company or a Subsidiary are eligible for Awards under this Plan in the sole discretion of the Committee. No director of the Company who is not also an employee is eligible to participate in the Plan, nor is any employee who owns directly or indirectly stock possessing more than five percent (5%) of the total combined voting power or value of all classes of stock of the Company or any Subsidiary.
4. Common Stock Available for Awards. Subject to the provisions of paragraph 13 hereof, there will be available for Awards under this Plan granted wholly or partly in Common Stock (including rights or options that may be exercised for or settled in Common Stock) an aggregate of 65 million shares of Common Stock. In the sole discretion of the Committee, 65 million shares of Common Stock may be granted as Incentive Options.
(a) In connection with the granting of an Award, the number of shares of Common Stock available for issuance under this Plan will be reduced by the number of shares of Common Stock in respect of which the Option or Award is granted or denominated. For example, upon the grant of stock-settled SARs, the number of shares of Common Stock available for issuance under this Plan will be reduced by the full number of SARs granted, and the number of shares of Common Stock available for issuance under this Plan will not thereafter be increased upon the exercise of the SARs and settlement in shares of Common Stock, even if the actual number of shares of Common Stock delivered in settlement of the SARs is less than the full number of SARs exercised. However, Awards that by their terms do not permit settlement in shares of Common Stock will not reduce the number of shares of Common Stock available for issuance under this Plan.
(b) Any shares of Common Stock that are tendered by a Participant or withheld as full or partial payment of withholding or other taxes or as payment for the exercise or conversion price of an Option or SAR under this Plan will not be added back to the number of shares of Common Stock available for issuance under this Plan.
(c) Whenever any outstanding Award (or portion thereof) expires, is cancelled or forfeited or is otherwise terminated for any reason without having been exercised or payment having been made in the form of shares of Common Stock, the number of shares of Common Stock available for issuance under this Plan will be increased by the number of shares of Common Stock allocable to the expired, forfeited, cancelled or otherwise terminated Award (or portion thereof). To the extent that any Award is forfeited, or any Option or SAR terminates, expires or lapses without being exercised, the shares of Common Stock subject to such Awards will not be counted as shares delivered under this Plan.
(d) Shares of Common Stock delivered under the Plan in settlement of an Award issued or made (i) upon the assumption, substitution, conversion or replacement of outstanding awards under a plan or arrangement of an acquired entity or (ii) as a post-transaction grant under such a plan or arrangement of an acquired entity will not reduce or be counted against the maximum number of shares of Common Stock available for delivery under the Plan, to the extent that the exemption for transactions in connection with mergers and acquisitions from the stockholder approval requirements of the New York Stock Exchange for equity compensation plans applies.
(e) Awards valued by reference to Common Stock that may be settled in equivalent cash value will count as shares of Common Stock delivered to the same extent as if the Award were settled in shares of Common Stock.
Consistent with the requirements specified above in this paragraph 4, the Committee may from time to time adopt and observe such procedures concerning the counting of shares against this Plan maximum as it may deem appropriate, including rules more restrictive than those set forth above to the extent necessary to satisfy the requirements of any national securities exchange on which the Common Stock is listed or any applicable regulatory requirement. The Committee and the appropriate officers of the Company are authorized to, from time to time, take all such actions as any of them may determine are necessary or appropriate to file any documents with governmental authorities, stock exchanges and transaction reporting systems as may be required to ensure that shares of Common Stock are available for issuance pursuant to Awards.
(a) Authority of the Committee. This Plan shall be administered by the Committee, which shall have the powers vested in it by the terms of this Plan, such powers to include the authority (within the limitations described in this Plan):
to select the Employees to be granted Awards under this Plan;
to determine the terms of Awards to be made to each Participant;
to determine the time when Awards are to be granted and any conditions that must be satisfied before an Award is granted;
to establish objectives and conditions for earning Awards;
to determine the terms and conditions of Award Agreements (which may not be inconsistent with this Plan) and which parties must sign each Award Agreement;
to determine whether the conditions for earning an Award have been met and whether a Performance Award will be paid at the end of an applicable performance period;
except as otherwise provided in paragraphs 7(a) and 11, to modify the terms of Awards made under this Plan;
to determine if, when and under what conditions payment of all or any part of an Award may be deferred;
to determine whether the amount or payment of an Award should be reduced or eliminated; and
to determine the guidelines and/or procedures for the payment or exercise of Awards.
The Committee may correct any defect or supply any omission or reconcile any inconsistency in this Plan or in any Award in the manner and to the extent the Committee deems necessary or desirable to further Plan purposes or so as to avoid unanticipated consequences or address unanticipated events (including any temporary closure of a stock exchange on which the Common Stock is traded, disruption of communications or natural catastrophe) deemed by the Committee to be inconsistent with the purposes of the Plan or any Award Agreement, provided that no such action will be taken absent stockholder approval to the extent required under Section 11. Any decision of the Committee in the interpretation and administration of this Plan will lie within its sole discretion and will be final, conclusive and binding on all parties concerned. All decisions and selections made by the Committee pursuant to the provisions of the Plan will be made by a majority of its members unless subject to the Committees delegation of authority pursuant to paragraph 6 herein.
(b) Limitation of Liability. No member of the Committee or officer of the Company to whom the Committee has delegated authority in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 6 of this Plan will be liable for anything done or omitted to be done by him or her, by any member of the Committee or by any officer of the Company in connection with the performance of any duties under this Plan, except for his or her own willful misconduct or as expressly provided by statute.
(c) Prohibition on Repricing of Awards. Other than in connection with a change in the Companys capitalization (as described in Section 13), the Company will not, without stockholder approval, (i) reduce the exercise price of outstanding Options or SARs or (ii) cancel, exchange, substitute, buyout or surrender outstanding Options or SARs in exchange for cash or other Awards when the exercise price of the original Options or SARs exceeds the Fair Market Value of a share of Common Stock, (iii) take any other action with respect to an Option or SAR that would be treated as a repricing under the rules and regulations of the principal national securities exchange on which the shares of Common Stock are listed or (iv) permit the grant of any Options or SARs that contains a so-called reload feature under which additional Options, SARs or other Awards are granted automatically to the Participant upon exercise of the original Option or SAR.
6. Delegation of Authority. Except with respect to matters related to Awards to executive officers, the Committee may delegate to the Chief Executive Officer and to other senior officers of the Company or to such other committee of the Board its duties under this Plan pursuant to such conditions or limitations as the Committee may establish.
(a) The Committee will determine the type or types of Awards to be made under this Plan and will designate from time to time the Participants who are to be the recipients of such Awards. Each Award will be embodied in an Award Agreement, which will contain such terms, conditions and limitations as will be determined by the Committee in its sole discretion. Awards may consist of those listed in this paragraph 7(a) and may be granted singly, in combination or in tandem. Subject to Section 5(c), Awards may also be made in combination or in tandem with, in replacement of, or as alternatives to, grants or rights under this Plan or any other plan of the Company or any of its Subsidiaries, including the plan of any acquired entity. All or part of an Award may be subject to conditions established by the Committee, which may include, but are not limited to, continuous service with the Company and its Subsidiaries, achievement of specific Performance Goals. Upon the termination of employment by a Participant, any unexercised, deferred, unvested or unpaid Awards will be treated as set forth in the applicable Award Agreement. Any Award under the Plan will have a minimum vesting or Restriction Period of one year from the date of grant, provided that up to 5% of the total shares of Common Stock reserved for issuance pursuant to the Plan may be issued without regard to this minimum vesting condition. Subject to the provisions below applicable to each type of Award, the terms, conditions and limitations applicable to any Awards will be determined by the Committee.
(i) Option. An Award may be in the form of an Option. An Option awarded pursuant to this Plan may consist of an Incentive Option or a Non-Qualified Option and will be designated accordingly at the time of grant. The price at which shares of Common Stock may be purchased upon the exercise of an Option will be not less than the Fair Market Value of the Common Stock on the date of grant. The term of an Option will not exceed ten years from the date of grant.
(ii) Stock Appreciation Right. An Award may be in the form of a Stock Appreciation Right. The strike price for a Stock Appreciation Right will not be less than the Fair Market Value of the Common Stock on the date on which the Stock Appreciation Right is granted. The term of a Stock Appreciation Right will not exceed ten years from the date of grant.
(iii) Stock Award. An Award may be in the form of a Stock Award.
(iv) Cash Awards. An Award may be in the form of a Cash Award.
(v) Performance Award. Without limiting the type or number of Awards that may be made under the other provisions of this Plan, an Award may be in the form of a Performance Award. Any Stock Award which is a Performance Award will have a minimum Restriction Period of one year from the date of grant, provided that the Committee may provide for earlier vesting following a change of control or other specified events involving the Company, or upon a termination of employment by reason of death, disability or retirement, or termination of service subject to the limitations specified below. The Committee will set Performance Goals in its sole discretion which, depending on the extent to which they are met, will determine the value and/or amount of Performance Awards that will be paid out to the Participant and/or the portion of an Award that may be exercised. Such Performance Goals may be based on one or more business criteria selected by the Committee that apply to a Participant, one or more business units, divisions or sectors of the Company, or the Company as a whole, and if so desired by the Committee, by comparison with a peer group of companies. A Performance Goal need not be the same for each Participant.
(b) The Committee will adjust the Performance Goals (either up or down) and the level of the Performance Award that a Participant may earn under this Plan, if it determines that the occurrence of external changes or other unanticipated business conditions have materially affected the fairness of the goals and have unduly influenced the Companys ability to meet them, including without limitation, events such as material acquisitions, changes in the capital structure of the Company, and extraordinary accounting changes. In addition, Performance Goals and Performance Awards will be calculated without regard to any changes in accounting standards that may be required by the Financial Accounting Standards Board after such Performance Goals are established.
8. Award Payment; Dividends; Substitution; Fractional Shares.
(a) General. Payment of Awards may be made in the form of cash or Common Stock, or a combination thereof, and may include such restrictions as the Committee will determine, including, in the case of Common Stock, restrictions on transfer and forfeiture provisions. If payment of an Award is made in the form of Restricted Stock, the right to receive such shares will be evidenced by book entry registration or in such other manner as the Committee may determine. Any statement of ownership evidencing such Restricted Stock will contain appropriate legends and restrictions that describe the terms and conditions of the restrictions applicable thereto.
(b) Dividends and Interest. No dividends or Dividend Equivalents may be paid in respect of an Award of Options or SARs, or prior to the vesting of any Stock Award.
(c) Fractional Shares. No fractional shares will be issued or delivered pursuant to any Award under this Plan. The Committee will determine whether cash, Awards or other property will be issued or paid in lieu of fractional shares, or whether fractional shares or any rights thereto will be forfeited or otherwise eliminated.
9. Stock Option Exercise. The price at which shares of Common Stock may be purchased under an Option will be paid in full at the time of exercise in cash or, if elected by the Participant, the Participant may purchase such shares either by means of tendering Common Stock or by authorizing the Company to withhold a number of shares of Common Stock otherwise deliverable on the exercise of the Option, in either case valued at Fair Market Value on the date of exercise, or any combination thereof. The Committee, in its sole discretion, will determine acceptable methods for Participants to tender Common Stock or other Awards. In accordance with the rules and procedures established by the Committee for this purpose and subject to applicable law, Options may also be exercised through cashless exercise procedures approved by the Committee involving a broker or dealer approved by the Committee.
10. Taxes. The Company will have the right to deduct applicable taxes from any Award payment and withhold, at the time of delivery or vesting of cash or shares of Common Stock under this Plan, an appropriate amount of cash or number of shares of Common Stock or a combination thereof for payment of taxes required by law or to take such other action as may be necessary in the opinion of the Company to satisfy all obligations for withholding of such taxes. The Committee may also permit withholding to be satisfied by (i) the transfer to the Company of shares of Common Stock theretofore owned by the holder of the Award or (ii) withholding from the shares otherwise deliverable under the Award, in either case with respect to which withholding is required, up to the maximum tax rate applicable to the Participant, as determined by the Committee. If shares of Common Stock are used to satisfy tax withholding, such shares will be valued based on the Fair Market Value when the tax withholding is required to be made.
11. Amendment, Modification, Suspension or Termination. The Board or the Committee may amend, modify, suspend or terminate this Plan for the purpose of meeting or addressing any changes in legal requirements or for any other purpose permitted by law, except that (i) no amendment or alteration that would materially adversely affect the rights of any Participant under any Award previously granted to such Participant will be made without the consent of such Participant and (ii) no amendment or alteration will be effective prior to its approval by the stockholders of the Company to the extent stockholder approval is otherwise required by applicable legal requirements or the requirements of any exchange on which the Common Stock is listed. Notwithstanding the foregoing, no amendment may cause an Option or SAR to be repriced, replaced, regranted through cancellation or modified without stockholder approval (except in connection with a change in the Companys capitalization as provided in paragraph 13), if the effect of such amendment would be to reduce the exercise price for the shares underlying such Option or SAR.
12. Assignability. Unless otherwise determined by the Committee in the Award Agreement, no Award or any other benefit under this Plan will be assignable or otherwise transferable. Any attempted assignment of an Award or any other benefit under this Plan in violation of this paragraph 12 will be null and void.
(a) The existence of this Plan and Awards granted hereunder will not affect in any way the right or power of the Company or its stockholders to make or authorize any or all adjustments, recapitalizations, reorganizations or other changes in the Companys capital structure or its business, or any merger or consolidation of the Company, or any issue of bonds, debentures, preferred or prior preference stocks ahead of or affecting the shares of Common Stock or the rights thereof, or the dissolution or liquidation of the Company, or any sale or transfer of all or any part of its assets or business, or any other corporate act or proceeding, whether of a similar character or otherwise.
(b) Except as hereinafter provided, the issue by the Company of shares of stock of any class, or securities convertible into shares of stock of any class, for cash or property, or for labor or services, either upon direct sale or upon exercise of rights or warrants to subscribe therefor, or upon conversion of shares or obligations of the Company convertible into such shares or other securities, will not affect, and no adjustment by reason thereof will be made with respect to, the number of shares of Common Stock subject to Awards granted hereunder.
(c) The shares of Common Stock with respect to which Awards may be granted hereunder are shares of the Common Stock of the Company as presently constituted, but if, and whenever, prior to the delivery by the Company or a subsidiary of all of the shares of Common Stock which are subject to the Awards or rights granted hereunder, the Company shall effect a subdivision or consolidation of shares or other capital readjustments, the payment of a stock dividend or other increase or reduction of the number of shares of the Common Stock outstanding without receiving compensation therefore in money, services or property, the number of shares of Common Stock subject to the Plan, as well as the Stock-based Awards Limitations described in paragraph 7(c) hereof, shall be proportionately adjusted and the number of shares of Common Stock with respect to which outstanding Awards or other property subject to an outstanding Award granted hereunder shall:
(i) in the event of an increase in the number of outstanding shares, be proportionately increased, and the cash consideration (if any) payable per share of Common Stock will be proportionately reduced; and
(ii) in the event of a reduction in the number of outstanding shares, be proportionately reduced, and the cash consideration (if any) payable per share of Common Stock will be proportionately increased.
(d) In the event of a corporate merger, consolidation, acquisition of property or stock, separation, spinoff, reorganization or liquidation, the Board may make such adjustments to Awards or other provisions for the disposition of Awards as it deems equitable, and shall be authorized, in its sole discretion, (i) to provide for the substitution of a new Award or other arrangement (which, if applicable, may be exercisable for such property or stock as the Board determines) for an Award or the assumption of the Award, regardless of whether in a transaction to which Section 424(a) of the Code applies, (ii) to provide, prior to the transaction, for the acceleration of the vesting and exercisability of, or lapse of restrictions with respect to, the Award, or (iii) to cancel any such Awards and to deliver to the Participants cash in an amount that the Board shall determine in its sole discretion is equal to the fair market value of such Awards on the date of such event, which in the case of Options or Stock Appreciation Rights shall be the excess of the Fair Market Value of a share of Common Stock on such date over the exercise price of such Award (for the avoidance of doubt, if such exercise price is greater than the Fair Market Value of a share of Common Stock on such date, the Option or Stock Appreciation Right may be canceled for no consideration).
(e) Notwithstanding the foregoing: (i) any adjustments made pursuant to paragraph 13 to Awards that are considered deferred compensation within the meaning of Section 409A shall be made in a manner which is intended to not result in accelerated or additional tax to a Participant pursuant to Section 409A; (ii) any adjustments made pursuant to paragraph 13 to Awards that are not considered deferred compensation subject to Section 409A of the Code shall be made in such a manner intended to ensure that after such adjustment, the Awards either (A) continue not to be subject to Section 409A of the Code or (B) do not result in accelerated or additional tax to a Participant pursuant to Section 409A of the Code; and (iii) in any event, neither the Committee nor the Board shall have the authority to make any adjustments pursuant to paragraph 13 to the extent the existence of such authority would cause an Award that is not intended to be subject to Section 409A of the Code at the date of grant to be subject thereto as of the date of grant.
14. Restrictions. No Common Stock or other form of payment will be issued with respect to any Award unless the Company is satisfied based on the advice of its counsel that such issuance will be in compliance with including, but not limited to, applicable federal and state securities laws. The Participant shall not exercise or settle any Award granted hereunder, and the Company or any Subsidiary will not be obligated to issue any shares of Common Stock or make any payments under any such Award, if the exercise thereof or if the issuance of such shares of Common Stock or if the payment made constitutes a violation by the recipient or the Company or any subsidiary of any provision of any applicable law or regulation of any governmental authority or any securities exchange on which the Common Stock is listed. Certificates evidencing shares of Common Stock delivered under this Plan (to the extent that such shares are so evidenced) may be subject to such stop transfer orders and other restrictions as the Committee may deem advisable under the rules, regulations and other requirements of the Securities and Exchange Commission, any securities exchange or transaction reporting system upon which the Common Stock is then listed or to which it is admitted for quotation and any applicable federal or state securities law. The Committee may cause a legend or legends to be placed upon such certificates (if any) to make appropriate reference to such restrictions.
15. Unfunded Plan. Insofar as it provides for Awards of cash, Common Stock or rights thereto, this Plan will be unfunded. Although bookkeeping accounts may be established with respect to Participants who are entitled to cash, Common Stock or rights thereto under this Plan, any such accounts will be used merely as a bookkeeping convenience. The Company will not be required to segregate any assets that may at any time be represented by cash, Common Stock or rights thereto, nor will this Plan be construed as providing for such segregation, nor will the Company, the Board or the Committee be deemed to be a trustee of any cash, Common Stock or rights thereto to be granted under this Plan. Any liability or obligation of the Company to any Participant with respect to an Award of cash, Common Stock or rights thereto under this Plan will be based solely upon any contractual obligations that may be created by this Plan and any Award Agreement, and no such liability or obligation of the Company will be deemed to be secured by any pledge or other encumbrance on any property of the Company. Neither the Company nor the Board nor the Committee will be required to give any security or bond for the performance of any obligation that may be created by this Plan.
16. Section 409A. This Plan is intended to provide compensation which is exempt from or which complies with Section 409A, and ambiguous provisions, if any, shall be construed in a manner that is compliant with or exempt from the application of Section 409A, as appropriate. This Plan shall not be amended in a manner that would cause the Plan or any amounts payable under the Plan to fail to comply with the requirements of Section 409A, to the extent applicable, and, further, the provisions of any purported amendment that may reasonably be expected to result in such non-compliance shall be of no force or effect with respect to the Plan. The Company shall neither cause nor permit any payment, benefit or consideration to be substituted for a benefit that is payable under this Plan if such action would result in the failure of any amount that is subject to Section 409A to comply with the applicable requirements of Section 409A. For purposes of Section 409A, each payment under this Plan shall be deemed to be a separate payment.
Notwithstanding any provision of this Plan to the contrary, if the Participant is a specified employee within the meaning of Section 409A as of the date of the Participants termination of employment and the Company determines, in good faith, that immediate payment of any amounts or benefits under this Plan would cause a violation of Section 409A, then any amounts or benefits which are payable under this Plan upon the Participants separation from service within the meaning of Section 409A which (i) are subject to the provisions of Section 409A; (ii) are not otherwise excluded under Section 409A; and (iii) would otherwise be payable during the first six-month period following such separation from service, shall be paid on the first business day next following the earlier of (1) the date that is six months and one day following the date of termination or (2) the date of the Participants death.
17. Governing Law. This Plan and all determinations made and actions taken pursuant hereto, to the extent not otherwise governed by mandatory provisions of the Code or the securities laws of the United States, will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas.
18. No Right to Employment. Nothing in this Plan or an Award Agreement will interfere with or limit in any way the right of the Company or a Subsidiary to terminate any Participants employment or other service relationship at any time, nor confer upon any Participant any right to continue in the capacity in which he or she is employed or otherwise serves the Company or any Subsidiary.
19. Successors. All obligations of the Company under this Plan with respect to Awards granted hereunder will be binding on any successor to the Company, whether the existence of such successor is the result of a direct or indirect purchase, merger, consolidation, or otherwise, of all or substantially all of the business and/or assets of the Company.
20. Tax Consequences. Nothing in this Plan or an Award Agreement shall constitute a representation by the Company to a Participant regarding the tax consequences of any Award received by a Participant under this Plan. Although the Company may endeavor to (i) qualify a Performance Award for favorable U.S. or foreign tax treatment or (ii) avoid adverse tax treatment (e.g. under Section 409A), the Company makes no representation to that effect and expressly disavows any covenant to maintain favorable or unavoidable tax treatment. The Company will be unconstrained in its corporate activities without regard to the potential negative tax impact on holders of Performance Awards under this Plan.
21. Non-United States Participants. The Committee may grant awards to persons outside the United States under such terms and conditions as may, in the judgment of the Committee, be necessary or advisable to comply with the laws of the applicable foreign jurisdictions and, to that end, may establish sub-plans, modified vesting, exercise or settlement procedures and other terms and procedures. Notwithstanding the above, the Committee may not take any actions hereunder, and no Awards shall be granted, that would violate the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the Code, any securities law, any governing statute, or any other applicable law.
22. Effectiveness. This Plan was originally approved by the Board effective January 19, 2017, and was approved by the stockholders of the Company on April 5, 2017. This Plan was thereafter amended and restated by the Committee effective July 19, 2017. This amendment and restatement was approved by the Board on January 21, 2021 and will become effective as of January 21, 2020, subject to its approval by the stockholders of the Company at the next annual general meeting of stockholders. This Plan shall continue in effect for a term of ten years after the date on which the stockholders of the Company approve this Plan, as amended and restated, unless sooner terminated by action of the Board.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Company has caused this Plan to be executed by its duly authorized officer on the date first written above.
|Olivier Le Peuch|
|Title:||Chief Executive Officer|