provided an alternative direction. For the purpose of the preceding sentence, non-ministerial matters shall include, without limitation:
(A) the initiation of any claim or lawsuit by the Issuer and the compromise of any action, claim or lawsuit brought by or against the Issuer;
(B) the appointment of successor Note Registrars, successor Paying Agents, successor Indenture Trustees, a successor Administrator or successor Servicers, or the consent to the assignment by the Note Registrar, Paying Agent or Indenture Trustee of its obligations under the Indenture; and
(C) the removal of the Indenture Trustee.
(ii) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, the Administrator shall not be obligated to, and shall not, (x) make any payments to the Noteholders or Certificateholders under the Transaction Documents, (y) except as provided in the Transaction Documents, sell the Trust Estate or (z) take any other action that the Issuer directs the Administrator not to take on its behalf.
2. Records. The Administrator shall maintain appropriate books of account and records relating to services performed hereunder, which books of account and records shall be accessible for inspection upon reasonable written request by the Issuer, the Seller and the Indenture Trustee at any time during normal business hours.
3. Compensation; Payment of Fees and Expenses. As compensation for the performance of the Administrators obligations under this Agreement, the Administrator shall be entitled to receive $2,500 annually, which shall be solely an obligation of the Servicer; provided, however, notwithstanding the foregoing, such compensation shall in no event exceed the Servicing Fee for the related annual period. The Administrator shall pay all expenses incurred by it in connection with its activities hereunder.
4. Independence of the Administrator. For all purposes of this Agreement, the Administrator shall be an independent contractor and shall not be subject to the supervision of the Issuer with respect to the manner in which it accomplishes the performance of its obligations hereunder. Unless expressly authorized by the Issuer, the Administrator shall have no authority to act for or to represent the Issuer in any way (other than as permitted hereunder) and shall not otherwise be deemed an agent of the Issuer.
5. No Joint Venture. Nothing contained in this Agreement (i) shall constitute the Administrator, the Issuer or the Owner Trustee as members of any partnership, joint venture, association, syndicate, unincorporated business or other separate entity, (ii) shall be construed to impose any liability as such on the Administrator, the Issuer or the Owner Trustee or (iii) shall be deemed to confer on the Administrator, the Issuer or the Owner Trustee any express, implied or apparent authority to incur any obligation or liability on behalf of the other.
6. Other Activities of the Administrator. Nothing herein shall prevent the Administrator or its Affiliates from engaging in other businesses or, in its sole discretion, from acting in a similar capacity as an Administrator for any other Person even though such Person
| || || || |
| || ||3 || ||Administration Agreement (SDART 2019-1)|