Membership Unit Award Agreement (Unrestricted Common Units), dated as of December 31, 2018, by and between James J. Doherty, Jr. and Riley ExplorationPermian, LLC
RILEY EXPLORATION - PERMIAN, LLC
2018 LONG TERM INCENTIVE PLAN
MEMBERSHIP UNIT AWARD AGREEMENT
(Unrestricted Common Units)
|Grant Date:||December 31, 2018 (the Grant Date)|
|Name of Grantee:||James J. Doherty Jr. (the Grantee or you)|
|Number of Common Units subject to Award:||8,000 (the Units)|
|Number of Common Units withheld pursuant to Section 5(a) below:||2,348 Units|
This Membership Unit Award Agreement (Unrestricted Common Units) (Agreement) is made and entered into as of the Grant Date by and between Riley Exploration - Permian, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company (the Company), and you.
WHEREAS, the Company adopted the Riley Exploration - Permian, LLC 2018 Long Term Incentive Plan (as amended from time to time, the Plan), under which the Company is authorized to grant equity-based awards to certain employees and service providers of the Company;
WHEREAS, you and the Company previously entered into an employment letter, dated June 26, 2018 and amended August 28, 2018 (the Employment Letter), providing for the payment of a Retention Bonus (as defined in the Employment Letter) in equity or cash;
WHEREAS, you acknowledge that a copy of the Plan has been furnished to you and shall be deemed a part of this Agreement as if fully set forth herein and the terms capitalized but not defined herein shall have the meanings set forth in the Plan; and
WHEREAS, you desire to accept the Membership Unit Award granted pursuant to this Agreement in full satisfaction of the Retention Bonus.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual covenants set forth herein and for other valuable consideration hereinafter set forth, the parties agree as follows:
1. The Grant. Subject to the conditions set forth below, the Company hereby grants you, effective as of the Grant Date, a Membership Unit Award (the Award) consisting of the number of Common Units set forth above in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth herein and in the Plan.
2. Ownership of Units. From and after the time the Units are issued in your name, and subject to your execution of the Addendum to the LLC Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit A, you will be entitled to all the rights of absolute ownership of the Units, including the right to vote such Units and to receive dividends thereon if, as, and when declared by the Board, subject, however, to the terms, conditions and restrictions set forth in this Agreement.
Page 1 of 7
3. Vesting and Risk of Forfeiture. The Units shall be fully vested and not subject to a risk of forfeiture.
4. Delivery of Units. Promptly following the Grant Date, the Company shall cause to be issued to you or your designee by amendment of Exhibit A to the LLC Agreement the number of Units granted to you hereunder.
5. Payment of Taxes.
(a) The Company may require you to pay to the Company (or the Companys Affiliate if you are an employee of an Affiliate of the Company), an amount the Company deems necessary to satisfy its (or its Affiliates) current or future obligation to withhold federal, state or local income or other taxes that you incur as a result of the Award. With respect to any required tax withholding, you may (a) direct the Company to withhold from the Units to be issued to you under this Agreement the number of Units necessary to satisfy the Companys obligation to withhold taxes, which determination will be based on the Units Fair Market Value at the time such determination is made; (b) deliver to the Company Units sufficient to satisfy the Companys tax withholding obligations, based on the Units Fair Market Value at the time such determination is made; (c) deliver cash to the Company sufficient to satisfy its tax withholding obligations; or (d) satisfy such tax withholding through any combination of (a), (b) and (c). You have elected to use the Unit withholding option described in subparagraph (a) and acknowledge that the number of withheld Units is set forth in the Preamble to this Agreement. If such tax obligations are satisfied under subparagraph (a) or (b), the maximum number of Units that may be so withheld or surrendered shall be the number of Units that have an aggregate Fair Market Value on the date of withholding or surrender equal to the aggregate amount of such tax liabilities determined based on the greatest withholding rates for federal, state, foreign and/or local tax purposes, including payroll taxes, that may be utilized without creating adverse accounting treatment with respect to such Award. In the event the Company determines that the aggregate Fair Market Value of the Units withheld or surrendered as payment of any tax withholding obligation is insufficient to discharge that tax withholding obligation, then you must pay to the Company, in cash, the amount of that deficiency immediately upon the Companys request.
(b) None of the Company, the Board or the Committee has made any warranty or representation to you with respect to the income tax consequences of the grant of the Award or the transactions contemplated by this Agreement, and you represent that you are in no manner relying on such entities or any of their respective managers, directors, officers, employees or authorized representatives (including attorneys, accountants, consultants, bankers, lenders, prospective lenders and financial representatives) for tax advice or an assessment of such tax consequences. You represent that you have consulted with, or have had the opportunity to consult with, any tax consultants that you deem advisable in connection with the grant of the Award. You further agree to indemnify and hold the Company harmless for any damages, costs, expenses, taxes, judgments or other actions or amounts resulting from any of your actions or inactions with respect to the tax consequences of this Award.
6. Compliance with Securities Law. Notwithstanding any provision of this Agreement to the contrary, the issuance of Units will be subject to compliance with all applicable requirements of U.S. federal, state, or foreign law with respect to such securities and with the requirements of any stock exchange or market system upon which the Units may then be listed. No Units will be issued hereunder if such issuance would constitute a violation of any applicable U.S. federal, state, or foreign securities laws or other law or regulations or the requirements of any stock exchange or market system upon which the Units may then be listed. In addition, Units will not be issued hereunder unless (a) a registration statement under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the Act), is at the time of issuance in effect with respect to the Units issued or (b) in the opinion of legal counsel to the Company, the Units issued may be issued in accordance with the terms of an applicable exemption from the registration requirements of the Act. The inability of the Company to obtain from any regulatory body having jurisdiction the authority, if any, deemed by the Companys legal counsel to be necessary to the lawful issuance and sale of Units subject to the Award will relieve the Company of any liability in respect of the failure to issue such Units as to which such requisite authority has not been obtained. As a condition to any issuance hereunder, the Company may require you to satisfy any qualifications that may be necessary or appropriate to evidence compliance with any applicable law or regulation and to make any representation or warranty with respect to such compliance as may be requested by the Company. From time to time, the Board and appropriate officers of the Company are authorized to take the actions necessary and appropriate to file required documents with governmental authorities, stock exchanges, and other appropriate persons to make Units available for issuance.
7. Right of the Company and Affiliates to Terminate Employment or Services. Nothing in this Agreement confers upon you the right to continue in the employ of or performing services for the Company or any of its Affiliates, or interfere in any way with the rights of the Company or any of its Affiliates to terminate your employment or service relationship at any time.
8. Furnish Information. You agree to furnish to the Company all information requested by the Company to enable it to comply with any reporting or other requirements imposed upon the Company by or under any applicable statute or regulation.
9. Remedies. The parties to this Agreement shall be entitled to recover from each other reasonable attorneys fees incurred in connection with the successful enforcement of the terms and provisions of this Agreement whether by an action to enforce specific performance or for damages for its breach or otherwise.
10. No Liability for Good Faith Determinations. Neither the Company nor any members of the Board shall be liable for any act, omission or determination taken or made in good faith with respect to this Agreement or the Units granted hereunder.
11. Execution of Receipts and Releases. Any payment of cash or any issuance or transfer of Units or other property to you, or to your legal representative, heir, legatee or distributee, in accordance with the provisions hereof, shall, to the extent thereof, be in full satisfaction of all claims of such persons hereunder. The Company may require you or your legal representative, heir, legatee or distributee, as a condition precedent to such payment or issuance, to execute a release and receipt therefor in such form as it shall determine.
12. No Guarantee of Interests. The Board and the Company do not guarantee the Units from loss or depreciation.
13. Notice. Notices provided for in this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be deemed to have been duly received (a) when delivered in person, (b) when sent by facsimile transmission (with confirmation of transmission) on a business day to the number set forth below, if applicable; provided, however, that if a notice is sent by facsimile transmission after normal business hours of the recipient or on a non-business day, then it shall be deemed to have been received on the next business day after it is sent, (c) on the first business day after such notice is sent by air express overnight courier service, or (d) on the second business day following deposit with an internationally-recognized overnight or second-day courier service with proof of receipt maintained, in each case, to the following address, as applicable:
If to the Company, addressed to:
Riley Exploration - Permian, LLC
c/o Chief Financial Officer
29 E. Reno Avenue, Suite 500
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104
If to Grantee, addressed to the following until an updated address is provided to the Company by Grantee:
James J. Doherty, Jr.
12101 Cardinal Lane
Edmond, OK 73013
14. Waiver of Notice. Any person entitled to notice hereunder may waive such notice in writing.
15. Information Confidential. As partial consideration for the granting of the Award hereunder, you hereby agree to keep confidential all information and knowledge, except that which has been disclosed in any public filings required by law, that you have relating to the terms and conditions of this Agreement; provided, however, that such information may be disclosed as required by law and may be given in confidence to your spouse and tax and financial advisors. In the event any breach of this promise comes to the attention of the Company, it shall take into consideration that breach in determining whether to recommend the grant of any future similar award to you, as a factor weighing against the advisability of granting any such future award to you.
16. Successors. This Agreement shall be binding upon you, your legal representatives, heirs, legatees and distributees, and upon the Company, its successors and assigns.
17. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be illegal or invalid for any reason, the illegality or invalidity shall not affect the remaining provisions hereof, but such provision shall be fully severable and this Agreement shall be construed and enforced as if the illegal or invalid provision had never been included herein.
18. Company Action. Any action required of the Company shall be by resolution of the Board or by a person or entity authorized to act by resolution of the Board.
19. Title and Headings; Construction. Titles and headings to Sections hereof are for the purpose of reference only and shall in no way limit, define or otherwise affect the provisions hereof. Any and all appendices referred to in this Agreement are, by such reference, incorporated herein and made a part hereof for all purposes. Unless the context requires otherwise, all references herein to an agreement, instrument or other document shall be deemed to refer to such agreement, instrument or other document as amended, supplemented, modified and restated from time to time to the extent permitted by the provisions thereof. All references to dollars or $ in this Agreement refer to United States dollars. The word or is not exclusive. The words herein, hereof, hereunder and other compounds of the word here shall refer to the entire Agreement, including all Appendices attached hereto, and not to any particular provision hereof. Wherever the context so requires, the masculine gender includes the feminine or neuter, and the singular number includes the plural and conversely. The use herein of the word including following any general statement, term or matter shall not be construed to limit such statement, term or matter to the specific items or matters set forth immediately following such word or to similar items or matters, whether or not non-limiting language (such as without limitation, but not limited to, or words of similar import) is used with reference thereto, but rather shall be deemed to refer to all other items or matters that could reasonably fall within the broadest possible scope of such general statement, term or matter. Neither this Agreement nor any uncertainty or ambiguity herein shall be construed or resolved against any party hereto, whether under any rule of construction or otherwise. On the contrary, this Agreement has been reviewed by each of the parties hereto and shall be construed and interpreted according to the ordinary meaning of the words used so as to fairly accomplish the purposes and intentions of the parties hereto.
20. Governing Law. All questions arising with respect to the provisions of this Agreement shall be determined by application of the laws of Delaware without giving any effect to any conflict of law provisions thereof, except to the extent Delaware state law is preempted by U.S. federal law. The obligation of the Company to sell and deliver Units hereunder is subject to applicable laws and to the approval of any governmental authority required in connection with the authorization, issuance, sale, or delivery of such Units.
21. Clawback. To the extent required by applicable law or any applicable securities exchange listing standards, or as otherwise determined by the Board (or a committee thereof), all Units granted under this Agreement shall be subject to the provisions of any applicable clawback policies or procedures adopted by the Company, which clawback policies or procedures may provide for forfeiture and/or recoupment of such Units. Notwithstanding any provision of this Agreement to the contrary, the Company reserves the right, without your consent, to adopt any such clawback policies and procedures, including such policies and procedures applicable to this Agreement with retroactive effect.
22. The Plan and the LLC Agreement. This Agreement is subject to all the terms, conditions, limitations and restrictions contained in the Plan and the LLC Agreement.
23. Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in any number of counterparts, including by electronic mail or facsimile, each of which when so executed and delivered shall be an original, but all such counterparts shall together constitute one and the same instrument. Each counterpart may consist of a copy hereof containing multiple signature pages, each signed by one party, but together signed by both parties hereto.
24. Consent to Electronic Delivery; Electronic Signature. In lieu of receiving documents in paper format, you agree, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to accept electronic delivery of any documents that the Company may be required to deliver (including, but not limited to, prospectuses, prospectus supplements, grant or award notifications and agreements, account statements, annual and quarterly reports and all other forms of communications) in connection with this and any other award made or offered by the Company. Electronic delivery may be via a Company electronic mail system or by reference to a location on a Company intranet to which you have access. You hereby consent to any and all procedures the Company has established or may establish for an electronic signature system for delivery and acceptance of any such documents that the Company may be required to deliver, and agrees that his or her electronic signature is the same as, and shall have the same force and effect as, his or her manual signature.
25. Amendment. The Committee may, in its sole discretion, amend this Agreement from time to time in any manner that is not inconsistent with the Plan; provided, however, that except as otherwise provided in the Plan or this Agreement, any such amendment that materially reduces your rights shall be effective only if it is in writing and signed by both you and an authorized officer of the Company.
26. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties with regard to the subject matter hereof, and contains all the covenants, promises, representations, warranties and agreements between the parties with respect to the Award granted hereby; provided, however, that the terms of this Agreement shall not modify and shall be subject to the terms and conditions of any employment, consulting and/or severance agreement between the Company (or an Affiliate or other entity) and you in effect as of the date a determination is to be made under this Agreement. Without limiting the scope of the preceding sentence, except as provided therein, all prior understandings and agreements, if any, among the parties hereto relating to the subject matter hereof are hereby null and void and of no further force and effect.
[Signature Page Follows]
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Company has caused this Membership Unit Award Agreement to be executed by its officer thereunto duly authorized, and the Grantee has set his hand as to the date and year first above written.
|RILEY EXPLORATION - PERMIAN, LLC|
|Name:||Bobby D. Riley|
|Title:||Chief Executive Officer|
|James J. Doherty, Jr.|