Form of Voting Agreement between Professional Holding Corp. and each of the directors of Marquis Bancorp, Inc
SHAREHOLDER VOTING AGREEMENT
This Shareholder Voting Agreement (this “Agreement”) is entered into as of the 9th day of August, 2019, by and between Professional Holding Corp, a Florida corporation (“PHC”), and the undersigned holder (“Shareholder”) of Common Stock (as defined herein).
WHEREAS, as of the date hereof, Shareholder “beneficially owns” (as such term is defined in Rule 13d-3 promulgated under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended) and is entitled to dispose of (or to direct the disposition of) and to vote (or to direct the voting of) the number of shares of voting common stock, $5.00 par value per share (the “Common Stock”), of Marquis Bancorp, Inc. (“MBI”), indicated on the signature page of this Agreement under the heading “Total Number of Shares of Common Stock Subject to this Agreement” (such shares of Common Stock, which for the avoidance of doubt shall not include any shares of Common Stock underlying MBI Stock Options) together with any other shares of Common Stock the voting power over which is acquired by Shareholder during the period from and including the date hereof through and including the date on which this Agreement is terminated in accordance with its terms, are collectively referred to herein as the “Shares”);
WHEREAS, PHC and MBI propose to enter into an Agreement and Plan of Merger, dated as of the date hereof (the “Merger Agreement”; for purposes of this Agreement, capitalized terms used and not otherwise defined herein shall have the respective meanings ascribed to them in the Merger Agreement), pursuant to which, among other things, MBI will merge with and into PHC (the “Merger”); and
WHEREAS, as a condition to the willingness of PHC to enter into the Merger Agreement, Shareholder is executing this Agreement;
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of, and as a material inducement to, PHC entering into the Merger Agreement and proceeding with the transactions contemplated thereby, and in consideration of the expenses incurred and to be incurred by PHC in connection therewith, Shareholder and PHC, intending to be legally bound, hereby agree as follows:
1. Agreement to Vote Shares. Shareholder agrees that, while this Agreement is in effect, at any meeting of shareholders of MBI, however called, or at any adjournment thereof, or in any other circumstances in which Shareholder is entitled to vote, consent or give any other approval, except as otherwise agreed to in writing in advance by PHC, Shareholder shall:
|(a)||appear at each such meeting or otherwise cause the Shares to be counted as present thereat for purposes of calculating a quorum; and|
|(b)||vote (or cause to be voted), in person or by proxy, all the Shares as to which Shareholder has, directly or indirectly, the right to vote or direct the voting, (i) in favor of adoption and approval of the Merger Agreement and the transactions contemplated thereby (including, without limitation, any amendments or modifications of the terms thereof adopted in accordance with the terms thereof); (ii) against any action or agreement that would result in a breach of any covenant, representation or warranty or any other obligation or agreement of MBI contained in the Merger Agreement or of Shareholder contained in this Agreement; and (iii) against any Acquisition Proposal or any other action, agreement or transaction that is intended, or could reasonably be expected, to impede, interfere or be inconsistent with, delay, postpone, discourage or materially and adversely affect consummation of the transactions contemplated by the Merger Agreement or this Agreement.|
Shareholder further agrees not to vote or execute any written consent to rescind or amend in any manner any prior vote or written consent, as a shareholder of MBI, to approve or adopt the Merger Agreement unless this Agreement shall have been terminated in accordance with its terms.
2. No Transfers. While this Agreement is in effect, Shareholder agrees not to, directly or indirectly, sell, transfer, pledge, assign or otherwise dispose of, or enter into any contract option, commitment or other arrangement or understanding with respect to the sale, transfer, pledge, assignment or other disposition of, any of the Shares; provided, however, that the following transfers shall be permitted: (a) transfers by will or operation of law, in which case this Agreement shall bind the transferee; (b) transfers pursuant to any pledge agreement, subject to the pledgee agreeing in writing, prior to such transfer, to be bound by the terms of this Agreement; (c) transfers in connection with estate and tax planning purposes, including transfers to relatives, trusts and charitable organizations, subject to each transferee agreeing in writing, prior to such transfer, to be bound by the terms of this Agreement; (d) disposing of or surrendering Shares in connection with the vesting, settlement or exercise of MBI Stock Options or MBI Restricted Shares for the payment of taxes thereon or, in the case of MBI Stock Options, the exercise price or in connection with the repurchase, redemption or cancellation of any MBI Restricted Shares as permitted pursuant to the Merger Agreement; and (e) such transfers as PHC may otherwise permit in its sole discretion. Any transfer or other disposition in violation of the terms of this Section 2 shall be null and void.
3. Representations and Warranties of Shareholder. Shareholder represents and warrants to and agrees with PHC as follows:
|(a)||Shareholder has all requisite capacity and authority to enter into and perform his, her or its obligations under this Agreement.|
|(b)||This Agreement has been duly executed and delivered by Shareholder, and assuming the due authorization, execution and delivery by PHC, constitutes the valid and legally binding obligation of Shareholder enforceable against Shareholder in accordance with its terms, except as may be limited by bankruptcy, insolvency, fraudulent transfer, moratorium, reorganization or similar laws of general applicability relating to or affecting the rights of creditors generally and subject to general principles of equity.|
|(c)||The execution and delivery of this Agreement by Shareholder does not, and the performance by Shareholder of his, her or its obligations hereunder and the consummation by Shareholder of the transactions contemplated hereby will not, violate or conflict with, or constitute a default under, any agreement, instrument, contract or other obligation or any order, arbitration award, judgment or decree to which Shareholder is a party or by which Shareholder is bound, or any statute, rule or regulation to which Shareholder is subject or, in the event that Shareholder is a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, trust or other entity, any charter, bylaw or other organizational document of Shareholder.|
|(d)||Shareholder is the beneficial owner of the Shares. Shareholder does not own, of record or beneficially, any shares of capital stock of MBI other than the Shares or any other securities convertible into or exercisable or exchangeable for such capital stock, other than any MBI Stock Options. Shareholder has the right to vote the Shares, and none of the Shares is subject to any voting trust or other agreement, arrangement or restriction with respect to the voting of the Shares, except as contemplated by this Agreement or provided by the FBCA.|
4. No Solicitation. From and after the date hereof until the termination of this Agreement pursuant to Section 7 hereof, Shareholder, in his, her or its capacity as a shareholder of MBI, shall not, nor shall Shareholder authorize any shareholder, member, partner, officer, director, advisor or representative of Shareholder or any of his, her or its affiliates to (and, to the extent applicable to Shareholder, such Shareholder shall use commercially reasonable efforts to not permit any of his, her or its representatives or affiliates to), (a) initiate, solicit, induce or knowingly encourage, or knowingly take any action to facilitate the making of, any inquiry, offer or proposal which constitutes, or could reasonably be expected to lead to, an Acquisition Proposal, (b) participate in any discussions or negotiations regarding any Acquisition Proposal, or furnish, or otherwise afford access, to any person (other than PHC) any information or data with respect to MBI or otherwise relating to an Acquisition Proposal, (c) enter into any agreement, agreement in principle, letter of intent, memorandum of understanding or similar arrangement with respect to an Acquisition Proposal, (d) solicit proxies with respect to an Acquisition Proposal (other than the Merger and the Merger Agreement) or otherwise encourage or assist any party in taking or planning any action that would compete with, restrain or otherwise serve to interfere with or inhibit the timely consummation of the Merger in accordance with the terms of the Merger Agreement, or (e) initiate a shareholders’ vote or action by consent of MBI’s shareholders with respect to an Acquisition Proposal, in each case, except to the extent that at such time MBI is permitted to take such action pursuant to Section 6.7 of the Merger Agreement. For avoidance of doubt, the parties acknowledge and agree that nothing in this Agreement shall limit or restrict Shareholder or any of his, her or its affiliates who is or becomes during the term hereof a member of the Board of Directors or an officer of MBI or any of its Subsidiaries from acting, omitting to act or refraining from taking any action, solely in such person’s capacity as a member of the Board of Directors or as an officer of MBI (or as an officer or director of any of its Subsidiaries), including without limitation actions taken consistent with his or her fiduciary duties in such capacity under applicable law.
5. Proxy. Subject to the last sentence of this Section 5, by execution of this Agreement, Shareholder does hereby appoint PHC with full power of substitution and resubstitution, as Shareholder’s true and lawful attorney and proxy, to the full extent of Shareholder’s rights with respect to the Shares, to vote each of such Shares that Shareholder shall be entitled to so vote with respect to the matters set forth in Section 1 hereof at any meeting of the shareholders of MBI, and at any adjournment or postponement thereof, and in connection with any action of the shareholders of MBI taken by written consent. Shareholder hereby revokes any proxy previously granted by Shareholder with respect to the Shares. Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary, this proxy shall automatically terminate and be revoked upon the termination of this Agreement.
6. Specific Performance; Remedies; Attorneys’ Fees. Shareholder acknowledges that it is a condition to the willingness of PHC to enter into the Merger Agreement that Shareholder execute and deliver this Agreement and that it will be impossible to measure in money the damage to PHC if Shareholder fails to comply with the obligations imposed by this Agreement and that, in the event of any such failure, PHC will not have an adequate remedy at law or in equity. Accordingly, Shareholder agrees that injunctive relief or other equitable remedy is the appropriate remedy for any such failure and will not oppose the granting of such relief on the basis that PHC has an adequate remedy at law. In addition, PHC shall have the right to inform any third party that PHC reasonably believes to be, or to be contemplating, participating with Shareholder or receiving from Shareholder assistance in violation of this Agreement, of the terms of this Agreement and of the rights of PHC hereunder, and that participation by any such thirty party with Shareholder in activities in violation of Shareholder’s agreement with PHC set forth in this Agreement may give rise to claims by PHC against such third party. In any legal action or other proceeding relating to this Agreement and the transactions contemplated hereby or if the enforcement of any provision of this Agreement is brought against either Party, the prevailing Party in such action or proceeding shall be entitled to recover all reasonable expenses relating thereto (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, court costs and expenses incident to arbitration, appellate and post-judgment proceedings) from the Party against which such action or proceeding is brought, in addition to any other relief to which such prevailing Party may be entitled.
7. Term of Agreement; Termination. The term of this Agreement shall commence on the date hereof. This Agreement may be terminated at any time prior to consummation of the transactions contemplated by the Merger Agreement by the written consent of the parties hereto, and this Agreement shall be automatically terminated upon termination of the Merger Agreement or the consummation of the Merger. Upon such termination, no party shall have any further obligations or liabilities hereunder; provided, however, that such termination shall not relieve any party from liability for any willful and material breach of this Agreement prior to such termination.
8. Entire Agreement; Amendments. This Agreement supersedes all prior agreements, written or oral, among the parties hereto with respect to the subject matter hereof and contains the entire agreement among the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof. This Agreement may not be amended, supplemented or modified, and no provision hereof may be modified or waived, except by an instrument in writing signed by each party hereto. No waiver of any provision hereof by either party shall be deemed a waiver of any other provision hereof by any such party, nor shall any such waiver be deemed a continuing waiver of any provision hereof by such party.
9. Severability. In the event that any one or more provisions of this Agreement shall for any reason be held invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect by any court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other provisions of this Agreement, and the parties shall use their reasonable best efforts to substitute a valid, legal and enforceable provision which, insofar as practical, implements the purpose and intents of this Agreement.
10. Capacity as Shareholder. This Agreement shall apply to Shareholder solely in his, her or its capacity as a shareholder of MBI, and it shall not apply in any manner to Shareholder in any capacity as a director, officer or employee of MBI or its Subsidiaries or in any other capacity, and shall not limit or affect any actions taken by Shareholder in such capacity.
11. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, without regard to any applicable conflicts of law principles or any other principle that could require the application of the law of any other jurisdiction.
12. WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL. EACH OF THE PARTIES HERETO HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW ALL RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY ACTION, PROCEEDING OR COUNTERCLAIM (WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE TRANSACTIONS CONTEMPLATED HEREBY OR THE ACTIONS OF THE PARTIES IN THE NEGOTIATION, ADMINISTRATION, PERFORMANCE AND ENFORCEMENT OF THIS AGREEMENT. EACH OF THE PARTIES HERETO (A) CERTIFIES THAT NO REPRESENTATIVE OF ANY OTHER PARTY HAS REPRESENTED, EXPRESSLY OR OTHERWISE, THAT SUCH OTHER PARTY WOULD NOT, IN THE EVENT OF LITIGATION, SEEK TO ENFORCE THE FOREGOING WAIVER AND (B) ACKNOWLEDGES THAT IT AND THE OTHER PARTIES HAVE BEEN INDUCED TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY OF THE TRANSACTIONS CONTEMPLATED HEREBY BY, AMONG OTHER THINGS, THE MUTUAL WAIVERS AND CERTIFICATIONS IN THIS SECTION 12.
13. Waiver of Appraisal Rights; Further Assurances. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Shareholder hereby waives any rights of appraisal or rights to dissent from the Merger or to demand fair value for his, her or its Shares in connection with the Merger, in each case, that Shareholder may have under applicable law. Shareholder further agrees not to commence or participate in, and to take all actions necessary to opt out of any class in any class action with respect to, any claim, derivative or otherwise, against PHC, MBI or any of their respective successors relating to the negotiation, execution or delivery of this Agreement or the Merger Agreement or the consummation of the Merger. From time to time prior to the termination of this Agreement, at PHC’s request and without further consideration, Shareholder shall execute and deliver such additional documents and take all such further action as may be reasonably necessary or desirable to effect the actions and consummate the transactions contemplated by this Agreement.
14. Disclosure. Shareholder hereby permits PHC and MBI to publish and disclose in the Proxy Statement and Form S-4 (including, without limitation, all related documents and schedules filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission) his, her or its identity and ownership of shares of Common Stock and the nature of Shareholder’s commitments, arrangements and understandings pursuant to this Agreement.
15. Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in counterparts, each of which when executed shall be deemed to be an original but all of which taken together shall constitute one and the same agreement. Executed counterparts may be delivered by facsimile or other electronic transmission.
[Signature page follows.]
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, PHC has caused this Agreement to be duly executed, and Shareholder has duly executed this Agreement, all as of the day and year first above written.
|PROFESSIONAL HOLDING CORP|
|Daniel R. Sheehan|
|Chairman and Chief Executive Officer|
|Total Number of Shares of Common Stock Subject to this Agreement:|