Form of Restricted Stock Grant Notice and Agreement under the PPD, Inc. 2020 Omnibus Incentive Plan
Employee Restricted Stock Award
RESTRICTED STOCK GRANT NOTICE
2020 OMNIBUS INCENTIVE PLAN
(Time-Based Vesting Award)
PPD, Inc. (the Company), pursuant to its 2020 Omnibus Incentive Plan, as it may be amended and restated from time to time (the Plan), hereby grants to the Participant set forth below the number of shares of Restricted Stock set forth below. The shares of Restricted Stock are subject to all of the terms and conditions as set forth herein, in the Restricted Stock Agreement (attached hereto or previously provided to the Participant in connection with a prior grant), and in the Plan, all of which are incorporated herein in their entirety. Capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein shall have the meaning set forth in the Plan.
|Participant:||[First Name] [Last Name]|
|Date of Grant:||[●]|
|Vesting Commencement Date:||[●]|
|Number of Shares of||[Number of Shares of Restricted Stock Granted]|
|Vesting Schedule:||[Insert Vesting Schedule]|
* * *
THE UNDERSIGNED PARTICIPANT ACKNOWLEDGES RECEIPT OF THIS RESTRICTED STOCK GRANT NOTICE, THE RESTRICTED STOCK AGREEMENT AND THE PLAN, AND, AS AN EXPRESS CONDITION TO THE GRANT OF SHARES OF RESTRICTED STOCK HEREUNDER, AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS RESTRICTED STOCK GRANT NOTICE, THE RESTRICTED STOCK AGREEMENT AND THE PLAN.
To the extent that the Company has established, either itself or through a third-party plan administrator, the ability to accept this award electronically, such acceptance shall constitute the Participants signature hereto.
[Signature Page to Restricted Stock Grant Notice]
RESTRICTED STOCK AGREEMENT
2020 OMNIBUS INCENTIVE PLAN
Pursuant to the Restricted Stock Grant Notice (the Grant Notice) delivered to the Participant (as defined in the Grant Notice), and subject to the terms of this Restricted Stock Agreement (this Restricted Stock Agreement) and the PPD, Inc. 2020 Omnibus Incentive Plan, as it may be amended and restated from time to time (the Plan), PPD, Inc. (the Company), and the Participant agree as follows. Capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein shall have the same meaning as set forth in the Plan.
1. Grant of Shares of Restricted Stock. Subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein and in the Plan, the Company hereby grants to the Participant the number of shares of Restricted Stock provided in the Grant Notice. The Company may make one or more additional grants of shares of Restricted Stock to the Participant under this Restricted Stock Agreement by providing the Participant with a new grant notice, which may also include any terms and conditions differing from this Restricted Stock Agreement to the extent provided therein. The Company reserves all rights with respect to the granting of additional shares of Restricted Stock hereunder and makes no implied promise to grant additional shares of Restricted Stock.
2. Vesting. Subject to the conditions contained herein and in the Plan, the shares of Restricted Stock shall vest and the restrictions on such shares of Restricted Stock shall lapse as provided in the Grant Notice. With respect to any share of Restricted Stock, the period of time that such share of Restricted Stock remains subject to vesting shall be its Restricted Period.
3. Issuance of Shares of Restricted Stock. The provisions of Section 8(d)(i) of the Plan are incorporated herein by reference and made a part hereof.
4. Treatment of Shares of Restricted Stock Upon Termination. The provisions of Section 8(c)(ii) of the Plan are incorporated herein by reference and made a part hereof.
5. Company; Participant.
(a) The term Company as used in this Restricted Stock Agreement with reference to employment shall include the Company and its Subsidiaries.
(b) Whenever the word Participant is used in any provision of this Restricted Stock Agreement under circumstances where the provision should logically be construed to apply to the executors, the administrators, or the person or persons to whom the shares of Restricted Stock may be transferred in accordance with Section 13(b) of the Plan, the word Participant shall be deemed to include such person or persons.
6. Non-Transferability. The shares of Restricted Stock are not transferable by the Participant; provided, however, to the extent permitted by the Committee in accordance with Section 13(b) of the Plan, shares of Restricted Stock may be transferred to Permitted Transferees. Except as otherwise provided herein, no assignment or transfer of the shares of Restricted Stock, or of the rights represented thereby, whether voluntary or involuntary, by operation of law or otherwise, shall vest in the assignee or transferee any interest or right herein whatsoever, but immediately upon such assignment or transfer the shares of Restricted Stock shall terminate and become of no further effect.
7. Rights as Shareholder; Legend; Dividends. The provisions of Sections 8(b), 8(e) and 13(c)(ii) of the Plan are incorporated herein by reference and made a part hereof.
8. Tax Withholding. The provisions of Section 13(d) of the Plan are incorporated herein by reference and made a part hereof.
9. Notice. Every notice or other communication relating to this Restricted Stock Agreement between the Company and the Participant shall be in writing, which may include by electronic mail, and shall be mailed to or delivered to the party for whom it is intended at such address as may from time to time be designated by such party in a notice mailed or delivered to the other party as herein provided; provided, that, unless and until some other address be so designated, all notices or communications by the Participant to the Company shall be mailed or delivered to the Company at its principal executive office, to the attention of the Companys General Counsel or its designee, and all notices or communications by the Company to the Participant may be given to the Participant personally or may be mailed to the Participant at the Participants last known address, as reflected in the Companys records. Notwithstanding the above, all notices and communications between the Participant and any third-party plan administrator shall be mailed, delivered, transmitted or sent in accordance with the procedures established by such third-party plan administrator and communicated to the Participant from time to time.
10. No Right to Continued Service. This Restricted Stock Agreement does not confer upon the Participant any right to continue as an employee or service provider to the Company.
11. Binding Effect. This Restricted Stock Agreement shall be binding upon the heirs, executors, administrators and successors of the parties hereto.
12. Waiver and Amendments. Except as otherwise set forth in Section 12 of the Plan, any waiver, alteration, amendment or modification of any of the terms of this Restricted Stock Agreement shall be valid only if made in writing and signed by the parties hereto; provided, however, that any such waiver, alteration, amendment or modification is consented to on the Companys behalf by the Committee. No waiver by either of the parties hereto of their rights hereunder shall be deemed to constitute a waiver with respect to any subsequent occurrences or transactions hereunder unless such waiver specifically states that it is to be construed as a continuing waiver.
13. Clawback/Forfeiture. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein or in the Plan, if the Participant has engaged in or engages in any Detrimental Activity, then the Committee may, in its sole discretion, take actions permitted under the Plan, including: (a) canceling the shares of Restricted Stock, or (b) requiring that the Participant forfeit any gain realized on the disposition of any shares of Common Stock received upon the vesting of any Restricted Stock, and repay such gain to the Company. In addition, if the Participant receives any amount in excess of what the Participant should have received under the terms of this Restricted Stock Agreement for any reason (including without limitation by reason of a financial restatement, mistake in calculations or other administrative error), then the Participant shall be required to repay any such excess amount to the Company. Without limiting the foregoing, all shares of Restricted Stock shall be subject to reduction, cancellation, forfeiture or recoupment to the extent necessary to comply with applicable law.
14. Governing Law. This Restricted Stock Agreement shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware, without regard to the principles of conflicts of law thereof. Notwithstanding anything contained in this Restricted Stock Agreement, the Grant Notice or the Plan to the contrary, if any suit or claim is instituted by the Participant or the Company relating to this Restricted Stock Agreement, the Grant Notice or the Plan, the Participant hereby submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of and venue in the courts of Delaware.
15. Plan. The terms and provisions of the Plan are incorporated herein by reference. In the event of a conflict or inconsistency between the terms and provisions of the Plan and the provisions of this Restricted Stock Agreement (including the Grant Notice), the Plan shall govern and control.
16. Imposition of Other Requirements. The Company reserves the right to impose other requirements on the Participants participation in the Plan, on the shares of Restricted Stock and on any shares of Common Stock acquired under the Plan, to the extent the Company determines it is necessary or advisable for legal or administrative reasons, and to require the Participant to sign any additional agreements or undertakings that may be necessary to accomplish the foregoing.
17. Electronic Delivery and Acceptance. The Company may, in its sole discretion, decide to deliver any documents related to current or future participation in the Plan by electronic means. The Participant hereby consents to receive such documents by electronic delivery and agrees to participate in the Plan through an on-line or electronic system established and maintained by the Company or a third party designated by the Company.
18. Entire Agreement. This Restricted Stock Agreement, the Grant Notice and the Plan constitute the entire agreement of the parties hereto in respect of the subject matter contained herein and supersede all prior agreements and understandings of the parties, oral and written, with respect to such subject matter.