5. Travel Allowance. You will be expected to spend four (4) days per week in person at the Companys Dallas, Texas office. During the balance of the week, you will be permitted to work for the Company remotely. In addition to your base salary, you will receive $1,500.00 per pay period (equivalent to $36,000 on an annual basis), less payroll deductions and all required withholdings, to cover your reasonable travel and temporary housing expenses in your commute to and from Dallas, Texas (the Travel Allowance). As with your base salary, the Travel Allowance will be paid over 24 pay periods per year (paid on the 15th day and last day of every month). The last payment by the Company to you will be adjusted, if necessary, to reflect a termination date other than the first or last working day of a pay period.
6. Equity Awards. You will be eligible to receive awards of stock options or other equity awards pursuant to any plans or arrangements the Company may have in effect from time to time. The Committee, in its sole discretion, will determine whether you will be granted any such equity awards and the terms of any such equity awards in accordance with the terms of any applicable plan or arrangement that may be in effect from time to time.
7. Severance. You will participate in the Companys Change in Control and Severance Policy (the Policy). The Policy and a participation agreement thereunder (the Participation Agreement) will specify the severance payments and benefits you will become entitled to receive in connection with certain qualifying terminations of your employment with the Company. These protections will supersede all other severance payments and benefits to which you otherwise may be entitled, or may become entitled in the future, under any plan, program or policy that the Company may have in effect from time to time. For purposes of clarification, any severance plans, programs, agreements or arrangements that may have applied to you before the Effective Date no longer will apply and you no longer will have any rights or entitlements under any such plans, programs, agreements or arrangements.
8. Proprietary Information Agreement. As an employee of the Company, you will continue to have access to certain confidential information of the Company and you may, during the course of your employment, develop certain information or inventions that will be the property of the Company. To protect the interests of the Company, your acceptance of this Agreement confirms that the terms of the Companys At-Will Employment, Confidential Information, Invention Assignment, and Arbitration Agreement you previously signed with the Company (the Proprietary Information Agreement) still apply.
9. Prior Employment/Third Party Information. We ask that, if you have not already done so, you disclose to the Company any and all agreements relating to your prior employment that may affect your eligibility to be employed by the Company or limit the manner in which you may be employed. It is the Companys understanding that any such agreements, if any exist, will not prevent you from performing the duties of your position and you represent that such is the case. Moreover, you agree that, during the term of your employment with the Company, (A) you will not engage in any other employment, occupation, consulting, or other business activity directly related to the business in which the Company is now involved or becomes involved during the term of your employment, nor will you engage in any other activities that conflict with your obligations to the Company, and (B) you agree not to bring any third-party confidential information to the Company, including that of your former employer, and that you will not in any way utilize any such information in performing your duties for the Company, as discussed, in each case, in more detail in the Proprietary Information Agreement.