First Supplemental Indenture, dated as of January 14, 2020, among PDC and U.S. Bank National Association as Trustee
FIRST SUPPLEMENTAL INDENTURE
FIRST SUPPLEMENTAL INDENTURE (this “Supplemental Indenture”), dated as of January 14, 2020, among PDC Energy, Inc. (the “Successor Company”) and U.S. Bank National Association, as trustee under the Indenture referred to below (the “Trustee”).
W I T N E S S E T H
WHEREAS, SRC Energy Inc. (the “Company”) and the Trustee were parties to that certain Indenture, dated as of November 29, 2017 (the “Indenture”), pursuant to which the Company issued 6.250% Senior Notes due 2025 (the “Notes”);
WHEREAS, immediately prior to delivery of this Supplemental Indenture, the Company merged with and into the Successor Company, with the Successor Company as the surviving corporation;
WHEREAS, pursuant to Section 5.01 of the Indenture, the Successor Company must assume all obligations of the Company under the Notes and the Indenture; and
WHEREAS, pursuant to Section 9.01 of the Indenture, the Trustee is authorized to execute and deliver this Supplemental Indenture.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the foregoing and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, the Successor Company and the Trustee mutually covenant and agree for the equal and ratable benefit of the Holders of the Notes as follows:
1. CAPITALIZED TERMS. Capitalized terms used herein without definition shall have the meanings assigned to them in the Indenture.
2. ASSUMPTION. The Successor Company expressly assumes the obligations of the Company under the Indenture, and agrees to be bound by all other applicable provisions of the Indenture and the Notes and to perform all of the obligations and agreements of the Company under the Notes and under the Indenture.
3. NO RECOURSE AGAINST OTHERS. No director, officer, employee, incorporator or stockholder or other owner of any Capital Stock of the Company or any Guarantor, as such, will have any liability for any obligations of the Company or the Guarantors under the Notes, the Indenture or the Note Guarantees or for any claim based on, in respect of, or by reason of, such obligations or their creation. Each Holder of Notes by accepting a Note waives and releases all such liability. The waiver and release are part of the consideration for issuance of the Notes.
4. NEW YORK LAW TO GOVERN. THE LAW OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN AND BE USED TO CONSTRUE THIS SUPPLEMENTAL INDENTURE.
5. COUNTERPARTS. The parties may sign any number of copies of this Supplemental Indenture. Each signed copy shall be an original, but all of them together represent the same agreement.
6. EFFECT OF HEADINGS. The Section headings herein are for convenience only and shall not affect the construction hereof.
7. THE TRUSTEE. The Trustee shall not be responsible in any manner whatsoever for or in respect of the validity or sufficiency of this Supplemental Indenture or for or in respect of the recitals contained herein, all of which recitals are made solely by the Successor Company.
[Remainder of Page Intentionally Left Blank]
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have caused this Supplemental Indenture to be duly executed and attested, all as of the date first above written.
|PDC ENERGY, INC.|
|By:||/s/ Nicole Martinet|
|Name: Nicole Martinet|
|Title: Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary|
|U.S. BANK NATIONAL ASSOCIATION, as Trustee|
|By:||/s/ Michael McGuire|
[First Supplemental Indenture]