5. Restrictions on Transfer. The Participant may not assign, alienate, pledge, attach, sell or otherwise transfer or encumber the PSUs or the Participants right under the PSUs to receive Shares, except other than by will or by the laws of descent and distribution and any such purported assignment, alienation, pledge, attachment, sale, transfer or encumbrance shall be void and unenforceable against the Company or any Affiliates; provided that the designation of a beneficiary (if permitted by the Committee) shall not constitute an assignment, alienation, pledge, attachment, sale, transfer or encumbrance.
6. No Right to Continued Employment. Neither the Plan, this Agreement nor the Participants receipt of the PSUs hereunder shall impose any obligation on the Company or any Affiliates to continue the employment or engagement of the Participant. Further, the Company or any Affiliates (as applicable) may at any time terminate the employment or engagement of the Participant, free from any liability or claim under the Plan or this Agreement, except as otherwise expressly provided herein (but in all cases subject to the terms and conditions of the Employment Agreement).
7. No Rights as a Stockholder. The Participants interest in the PSUs shall not entitle the Participant to any rights as a stockholder of the Company. The Participant shall not be deemed to be the holder of, or have any of the rights and privileges of a stockholder of the Company in respect of, the Shares underlying the PSUs unless and until such Shares have been issued to the Participant in accordance with Section 8.
8. Issuance of Shares and Two-Year Transfer Restriction. Subject to Section 9, the Company shall, as soon as practicable following the Determination Date (and in any event within two and one-half (2-1/2) months after the end of the tax year in which the Determination Date occurs), issue the Shares underlying the vested PSUs to the Participant, free and clear of all restrictions, except as set forth in the last sentence of this Section 8. Notwithstanding anything in this Agreement to the contrary, the Company shall have no obligation to issue or transfer the Shares as contemplated by this Agreement unless and until such issuance or transfer shall comply with all relevant provisions of law and the requirements of any stock exchange on which the Shares are listed for trading.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, any Shares issued to the Participant hereunder in respect of vested PSUs may not be assigned, alienated, pledged, attached, sold or otherwise transferred or encumbered by the Participant prior to January 1, 2023, other than by will or by the laws of descent and distribution, and any such purported assignment, alienation, pledge, attachment, sale, transfer or encumbrance shall be void and unenforceable against the Company or any Affiliates.
9. Tax Withholding. The Participant agrees that in order to satisfy any income, employment and/or other applicable taxes that are statutorily required to be withheld in respect of the PSUs (and any corresponding dividend equivalents), the Company shall withhold a number of Shares otherwise issuable to the Participant upon settlement of the PSUs equal in value to the minimum amount necessary to satisfy the statutorily required withholding liability, if any (Withholding Taxes), except to the extent that the Participant shall have elected to pay such Withholding Taxes to the Company in cash (by check or wire transfer). The number of Shares equal to the Withholding Taxes shall be determined using the closing price per Share on the New York Stock Exchange (or other principal exchange on which the Shares then trade) on the trading day immediately prior to the date of issuance of the Shares to the Participant, and shall be rounded up to the nearest whole Share.
10. Award Subject to Plan. By entering into this Agreement, the Participant agrees and acknowledges that the Participant has received and read a copy of the Plan. The PSUs granted hereunder are subject to the Plan. The terms and provisions of the Plan, as they may be amended from time to time, are hereby incorporated herein by reference.