(3) when the Common Stock is registered under the Exchange Act and to the extent provided for in the applicable Option agreement or approved by the Board, in its sole discretion: by delivery (either by actual delivery or attestation) of shares of Common Stock owned by the Participant valued at their Fair Market Value, provided (i) such method of payment is then permitted under applicable law, (ii) such Common Stock, if acquired directly from the Company, was owned by the Participant for such minimum period of time, if any, as may be established by the Board in its discretion, and (iii) such Common Stock is not subject to any repurchase, forfeiture, unfulfilled vesting or other similar requirements;
(4) to the extent provided for in the applicable Nonstatutory Stock Option agreement or approved by the Board in its sole discretion: by delivery of a notice of net exercise to the Company, as a result of which the Participant would pay the exercise price for the portion of the Option being exercised by cancelling a portion of the Option for such number of shares as is equal to the exercise price divided by the excess of the Fair Market Value on the date of exercise over the Option exercise price per share.
(5) to the extent permitted by applicable law and provided for in the applicable Option agreement or approved by the Board, in its sole discretion: by (i) delivery of a promissory note of the Participant to the Company on terms determined by the Board, or (ii) payment of such other lawful consideration as the Board may determine; or
(6) by any combination of the above permitted forms of payment.
6. Stock Appreciation Rights
(a) General. The Board may grant Awards consisting of stock appreciation rights (SARs) entitling the holder, upon exercise, to receive an amount of Common Stock or cash or a combination thereof (such form to be determined by the Board) determined by reference to appreciation, from and after the date of grant, in the Fair Market Value of a share of Common Stock over the measurement price established pursuant to Section 6(b). The date as of which such appreciation is determined shall be the exercise date.
(b) Measurement Price. The Board shall establish the measurement price of each SAR and specify it in the applicable SAR agreement. The measurement price shall not be less than 100% of the Fair Market Value on the date the SAR is granted.
(c) Duration of SARs. Each SAR shall be exercisable at such times and subject to such terms and conditions as the Board may specify in the applicable SAR agreement; provided, however, that no SAR will be granted with a term in excess of 10 years.
(d) Exercise of SARs. SARs may be exercised by delivery to the Company of a notice of exercise in a form (which may be electronic) approved by the Company, together with any other documents required by the Board.