EX-4.2 3 exh_42.htm EXHIBIT 4.2
FORM OF WARRANT
THIS WARRANT AND THE UNDERLYING SECURITIES HAVE NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED OR THE SECURITIES LAWS OF ANY STATE OF THE UNITED STATES. THE SECURITIES MAY NOT BE SOLD, OFFERED FOR SALE, PLEDGED, HYPOTHECATED, TRANSFERRED OR ASSIGNED IN THE ABSENCE OF AN EFFECTIVE REGISTRATION STATEMENT FOR THE SECURITIES UNDER APPLICABLE SECURITIES LAWS OR UNLESS OFFERED, SOLD, PLEDGED, HYPOTHECATED OR TRANSFERRED PURSUANT TO AN AVAILABLE EXEMPTION FROM THE REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS OF THOSE LAWS. THE COMPANY SHALL BE ENTITLED TO REQUIRE AN OPINION OF COUNSEL SATISFACTORY TO THE COMPANY THAT SUCH REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED TO THE EXTENT THAT AN OPINION IS REQUIRED PURSUANT TO THE AGREEMENT UNDER WHICH THE SECURITIES WERE ISSUED.
PALISADE BIO, INC.
WARRANT TO PURCHASE COMMON STOCK
Void After August 19, 2026
THIS CERTIFIES THAT, for value received, Yuma Regional Medical Center or its permitted assigns (the “Holder”), is entitled to subscribe for and purchase at the Exercise Price (defined below) from Palisade Bio, Inc., a Delaware corporation (the “Company”), up to 377,474 shares of the Common Stock of the Company (the “Common Stock”), subject to adjustment as provided herein. This Warrant is one of a series of Warrants being issued pursuant to the terms of the Securities Purchase Agreement, dated August 19, 2021, by and among the Company and the original Holder of this Warrant and the other parties named therein (the “Purchase Agreement”). Capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein shall have the respective meanings ascribed to such terms in the Purchase Agreement.
1. DEFINITIONS. As used herein, the following terms shall have the following respective meanings:
(a) “Exercise Period” shall mean the period commencing August 19, 2021 and ending August 19, 2026, unless sooner terminated as provided below.
(b) “Exercise Price” shall mean $3.45 per share, subject to adjustment pursuant to Section 5 below.
(c) “Exercise Shares” shall mean the shares of the Company’s Common Stock issued upon exercise of this Warrant, subject to adjustment pursuant to the terms herein, including but not limited to adjustment pursuant to Section 5 below.
2. EXERCISE OF WARRANT.
2.1 Method of Exercise. The rights represented by this Warrant may be exercised in whole or in part at any time during the Exercise Period, by delivery of the following to the Company at its address set forth above (or at such other address as it may designate by notice in writing to the Holder):
(a) An executed Notice of Exercise in the form attached hereto;
(b) Payment of the Exercise Price either (i) in cash or by check or wire transfer of immediately available funds, or (ii) pursuant to a Cashless Exercise, as described and permitted below; and
(c) This Warrant.
Upon the exercise of the rights represented by this Warrant, shares of Common Stock shall be issued for the Exercise Shares so purchased, and shall be registered in the name of the Holder or persons affiliated with the Holder, if the Holder so designates, within a reasonable time after the rights represented by this Warrant shall have been so exercised and shall be issued in certificate form and delivered to the Holder, if so requested.
The person in whose name any Exercise Shares are to be issued upon exercise of this Warrant shall be deemed to have become the holder of record of such shares on the date on which this Warrant was surrendered and payment of the Exercise Price was made, irrespective of the date of issuance of the shares of Common Stock, except that, if the date of such surrender and payment is a date when the stock transfer books of the Company are closed, such person shall be deemed to have become the holder of such shares at the close of business on the next succeeding date on which the stock transfer books are open.
The Exercise Shares issuable upon any exercise of this Warrant shall be issued within two Business Days following such exercise and, to the extent required in the Purchase Agreement, shall be issued free of any restrictive or other legend and by electronic delivery to the Holder’s or its designee’s balance account at DTC.
2.2 Cashless Exercise. Notwithstanding any provisions herein to the contrary, if, at any time during the Exercise Period, (a) the Current Market Price (as defined below) of one share of Common Stock is greater than the Exercise Price (at the date of calculation as set forth below) and (b) there is no effective registration statement registering, or no current prospectus available for, the resale of the Exercise Shares by the Holder, then, in lieu of exercising this Warrant by payment of cash, the Holder may exercise this Warrant by a cashless exercise by surrender of this Warrant at the principal office of the Company together with the properly endorsed Notice of Exercise and the Company shall issue to the Holder a number of shares of Common Stock computed using the following formula:
| || ||X = || || |
| || || |
|Where: || ||X = || ||the number of shares of Common Stock to be issued to the Holder.|
| || || |
| || ||Y = || ||the number of shares of Common Stock purchasable upon exercise of all of the Warrant or, if only a portion of the Warrant is being exercised, the portion of the Warrant being exercised.|
| || || |
| || ||A = || ||the Exercise Price.|
| || || |
| || ||B = || ||the Current Market Price of one share of Common Stock.|
“Current Market Price” means on any particular date:
(a) if the Common Stock is traded on The Nasdaq Stock Market, the closing price of the Common Stock of the Company on such market on the day prior to the applicable date of valuation;
(b) if the Common Stock is traded on any registered national stock exchange but is not traded on The Nasdaq Stock Market, the closing price of the Common Stock of the Company on such exchange on the day prior to the applicable date of valuation;
(c) if the Common Stock is traded over-the-counter, but not on The Nasdaq Stock Market or another registered national stock exchange, the closing bid price of the Common Stock of the Company on the day prior to the applicable date of valuation; and
(d) if there is no active public market for the Common Stock, the value thereof, as determined in good faith by the Board of Directors of the Company upon due consideration of the proposed determination thereof by the Holder.
2.3 Partial Exercise. If this Warrant is exercised in part only, the Company shall, upon surrender of this Warrant, execute and deliver, within 10 days of the date of exercise, a new Warrant evidencing the rights of the Holder, or such other person as shall be designated in the Notice of Exercise, to purchase the balance of the Exercise Shares purchasable hereunder. In no event shall this Warrant be exercised for a fractional Exercise Share, and the Company shall not distribute a Warrant exercisable for a fractional Exercise Share. Fractional Warrant shares shall be treated as provided in Section 6 hereof.
2.4 No Settlement for Cash. The Warrant cannot be settled with the Company for cash and except with respect to fractional shares as provided herein, the Company shall have no obligation to pay cash upon any exercise of this Warrant.
3. COVENANTS OF THE COMPANY.
3.1 Covenants as to Exercise Shares. The Company covenants and agrees that all Exercise Shares that may be issued upon the exercise of the rights represented by this Warrant will, upon issuance, be validly issued and outstanding, fully paid and nonassessable, and free from all taxes, liens and charges with respect to the issuance thereof. The Company further covenants and agrees that the Company will at all times during the Exercise Period have authorized and reserved, free from preemptive rights, a sufficient number of shares of its Common Stock to provide for the exercise of the rights represented by this Warrant. If at any time during the Exercise Period the number of authorized but unissued shares of Common Stock shall not be sufficient to permit exercise of this Warrant, the Company will take such corporate action as may, in the opinion of its counsel, be necessary to increase its authorized but unissued shares of Common Stock (or other securities as provided herein) to such number of shares as shall be sufficient for such purposes.
3.2 No Impairment. Except and to the extent as waived or consented to by the Holder or otherwise in accordance with Section 11 hereof, the Company will not, by amendment of its Certificate of Incorporation (as such may be amended from time to time), or through any means, avoid or seek to avoid the observance or performance of any of the terms to be observed or performed hereunder by the Company, but will at all times in good faith assist in the carrying out of all the provisions of this Warrant and in the taking of all such action as may be necessary or appropriate in order to protect the exercise rights of the Holder against impairment.
3.3 Notices of Record Date. In the event of any taking by the Company of a record of the holders of any class of securities for the purpose of determining the holders thereof who are entitled to receive any dividend (other than a cash dividend which is the same as cash dividends paid in previous quarters) or other distribution, the Company shall mail to the Holder, at least 10 days prior to the date thereof, a notice specifying the date on which any such record is to be taken for the purpose of such dividend or distribution.
3.4 Distributions. If the Company shall declare or make any dividend or other distribution of its assets (or rights to acquire its assets) (the “Distributed Property”) to holders of shares of Common Stock, by way of return of capital or otherwise (including, without limitation, any distribution of cash, stock or other securities, property or options by way of a dividend, spin off, reclassification, corporate rearrangement, scheme of arrangement or other similar transaction) (a “Distribution”), at any time after the issuance of this Warrant, then, in each such case, the Holder shall be entitled, upon exercise of this Warrant for the purchase of any or all of the Exercise Shares, to receive the amount of Distributed Property which would have been payable to the Holder had such Holder been the holder of such Exercise Shares on the record date for the determination of the stockholders entitled to receive such Distributed Property. The Company will at all times set aside in escrow and keep available for distribution to such Holder upon exercise of this Warrant a portion of the Distributed Property to satisfy the distribution to which such Holder is entitled pursuant to the preceding sentence.
3.5 Fundamental Transactions. If the Company consummates (i) a merger or consolidation with or into another entity, as a result of which the holders of the Company’s outstanding voting securities as of immediately prior to such merger or consolidation hold less than a majority of the outstanding voting securities of the surviving or successor entity as of immediately after such merger or consolidation or (ii) a sale, transfer or other disposition of all or substantially all its property, assets or business to another person or entity (any such transaction being hereinafter referred to as a “Fundamental Transaction”), then the Company shall ensure that lawful and adequate provision shall be made whereby the Holder shall thereafter have the right to purchase and receive upon the basis and upon the terms and conditions herein specified and in lieu of the Exercise Shares immediately theretofore issuable upon exercise of this Warrant, such shares of stock, securities or assets as would have been issuable or payable with respect to or in exchange for a number of Exercise Shares equal to the number of Exercise Shares immediately theretofore issuable upon exercise of this Warrant, had such Fundamental Transaction not taken place. The provisions of this Section 3.5 shall similarly apply to successive consolidations, mergers, sales, transfers or other dispositions.
4. REPRESENTATIONS OF HOLDER.
4.1 Acquisition of Warrant for Personal Account. The Holder represents and warrants that it is acquiring the Warrant and the Exercise Shares solely for its account for investment and not with a present view toward the public or distribution of said Warrant or Exercise Shares or any part thereof and has no intention of selling or distributing said Warrant or Exercise Shares or any arrangement or understanding with any other persons regarding the sale or distribution of said Warrant or, except in accordance with the provisions of Section 6 of the Purchase Agreement, the Exercise Shares, and except as would not result in a violation of the Securities Act. The Holder will not, directly or indirectly, offer, sell, pledge, transfer or otherwise dispose of (or solicit any offers to buy, purchase or otherwise acquire or take a pledge of) the Warrant except in accordance with the Securities Act and will not, directly or indirectly, offer, sell, pledge, transfer or otherwise dispose of (or solicit any offers to buy, purchase or otherwise acquire or take a pledge of) the Exercise Shares except in accordance with the provisions of Section 6 of the Purchase Agreement or pursuant to and in accordance with the Securities Act. By making the representations herein, the Holder does not agree to hold any of the this Warrant or any of the Exercise Shares for any minimum or other specific term and reserves the right to assign, transfer or otherwise dispose of any of such Securities at any time in accordance with or pursuant to a registration statement or a valid exemption under the Securities Act.
4.2 Securities Are Not Registered.
(a) The Holder understands that the offer and sale of the Warrant or the Exercise Shares have not been registered under the Securities Act on the basis that no distribution or public offering of the securities is to be effected. The Holder realizes that the basis for the exemption may not be present if the Holder’s representations in this Section 4 are untrue.
(b) The Holder recognizes that the Warrant and the Exercise Shares must be held indefinitely unless they are subsequently registered under the Securities Act or an exemption from such registration is available. The Holder recognizes that the Company has no obligation to register the Warrant or, except as provided in the Purchase Agreement, the Exercise Shares of the Company, or to comply with any exemption from such registration.
(c) The Holder is aware that neither the Warrant nor the Exercise Shares may be sold pursuant to Rule 144 adopted under the Securities Act unless certain conditions are met, including, among other things, the availability of certain current public information about the Company and the resale following the required holding period under Rule 144. Holder is aware that any such sale made in reliance on Rule 144, if Rule 144 is available, may be made only in accordance with the terms of Rule 144.
4.3 Disposition of Warrant and Exercise Shares.
(a) The Holder further agrees not to make any disposition of all or any part of the Warrant or Exercise Shares in any event unless and until:
(i) The Company shall have received a letter secured by the Holder from the SEC stating that no action will be recommended to the SEC with respect to the proposed disposition;
(ii) There is then in effect a registration statement under the Securities Act covering such proposed disposition and such disposition is made in accordance with said registration statement; or
(iii) The Holder shall have notified the Company of the proposed disposition and shall have furnished the Company with a detailed statement of the circumstances surrounding the proposed disposition, and if reasonably requested by the Company, the Holder shall have furnished the Company with an opinion of counsel, reasonably satisfactory to the Company, for the Holder to the effect that such disposition will not require registration of such Warrant or Exercise Shares under the Securities Act or any applicable state securities laws; provided, that no opinion shall be required for any disposition made or to be made in accordance with the provisions of Rule 144.
(b) The Holder understands and agrees that all certificates evidencing the Exercise Shares to be issued to the Holder may bear a legend in substantially the following form; provided, that such legend shall be removed (or such Exercise Shares shall be issued without such legend upon exercise of this Warrant) as required pursuant to Section 3.6(b) of the Purchase Agreement:
THE SECURITIES REPRESENTED BY THIS CERTIFICATE HAVE NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED, OR THE SECURITIES LAWS OF ANY STATE OF THE UNITED STATES. THE SECURITIES MAY NOT BE SOLD, OFFERED FOR SALE, PLEDGED, HYPOTHECATED, TRANSFERRED OR ASSIGNED IN THE ABSENCE OF AN EFFECTIVE REGISTRATION STATEMENT FOR THE SECURITIES UNDER APPLICABLE SECURITIES LAWS, OR UNLESS OFFERED, SOLD, PLEDGED, HYPOTHECATED OR TRANSFERRED PURSUANT TO AN AVAILABLE EXEMPTION FROM THE REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS OF THOSE LAWS. THE COMPANY SHALL BE ENTITLED TO REQUIRE AN OPINION OF COUNSEL SATISFACTORY TO THE COMPANY THAT SUCH REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED TO THE EXTENT THAT AN OPINION IS REQUIRED PURSUANT TO THE AGREEMENT UNDER WHICH THE SECURITIES WERE ISSUED.
5. ADJUSTMENT OF EXERCISE PRICE. In the event of changes in the outstanding Common Stock of the Company by reason of stock dividends, split-ups, recapitalizations, reclassifications, combinations or exchanges of shares, separations, reorganizations, liquidations, or the like, the number and class of shares available under the Warrant in the aggregate and the Exercise Price shall be correspondingly adjusted to give the Holder of the Warrant, on exercise for the same aggregate Exercise Price, the total number, class, and kind of shares as the Holder would have owned had the Warrant been exercised prior to the event and had the Holder continued to hold such shares until after the event requiring adjustment. The form of this Warrant need not be changed because of any adjustment in the number, class, and kind of shares subject to this Warrant. The Company shall promptly provide a certificate from an executive officer of the Company notifying the Holder in writing of any adjustment in the Exercise Price and/or the total number, class, and kind of shares issuable upon exercise of this Warrant, which certificate shall specify the Exercise Price and number, class and kind of shares under this Warrant after giving effect to such adjustment.
6. FRACTIONAL SHARES. No fractional shares shall be issued upon the exercise of this Warrant as a consequence of any adjustment pursuant hereto. All Exercise Shares (including fractions) issuable upon exercise of this Warrant may be aggregated for purposes of determining whether the exercise would result in the issuance of any fractional share. If, after aggregation, the exercise would result in the issuance of a fractional share, the Company shall, in lieu of issuance of any fractional share, pay the Holder otherwise entitled to such fraction a sum in cash equal to the product resulting from multiplying the Exercise Price by such fraction.
7. CERTAIN EVENTS. In the event of, at any time during the Exercise Period, any capital reorganization, or any reclassification of the capital stock of the Company (other than a change in par value or from par value to no par value or no par value to par value or as a result of a stock dividend or subdivision, split-up or combination of shares), or the consolidation or merger of the Company with or into another corporation (other than a merger solely to effect a reincorporation of the Company into another jurisdiction), in each case, in which the stockholders of the Company immediately prior to such capital reorganization, reclassification, consolidation or merger, will hold less than a majority of the outstanding shares of the Company or resulting corporation immediately after such capital reorganization, reclassification, consolidation or merger, or the sale or other disposition of all or substantially all of the properties and assets of the Company and its subsidiaries, taken as a whole, in its entirety to any other person, other than sales or other dispositions that do not require stockholder approval (each, an “Event”), the Company shall provide to the Holder 10 days’ advance written notice of such Event, and the Holder shall have the option, in its sole discretion, to allow any unexercised portion of the Warrant to be deemed automatically exercised pursuant to Section 2.2, subject to Section 2.5. This Warrant will be binding upon the successors and assigns of the Company upon an Event.
8. NO STOCKHOLDER RIGHTS. This Warrant in and of itself shall not entitle the Holder to any voting rights or other rights as a stockholder of the Company.
9. TRANSFER OF WARRANT. Subject to applicable laws and compliance with Section 4.3 hereof, this Warrant and all rights hereunder are transferable, by the Holder in person or by duly authorized attorney, upon delivery of this Warrant and the form of assignment attached hereto to any transferee designated by Holder. The transferee shall sign an investment letter in form and substance reasonably satisfactory to the Company.
10. LOST, STOLEN, MUTILATED OR DESTROYED WARRANT. If this Warrant is lost, stolen, mutilated or destroyed, the Company may, on such terms as to indemnity or otherwise as it may reasonably impose (which shall, in the case of a mutilated Warrant, include the surrender thereof), issue a new Warrant of like denomination and tenor as the Warrant so lost, stolen, mutilated or destroyed and in lieu thereof.
11. MODIFICATIONS AND WAIVER. This Warrant and any provision hereof may be changed, waived, discharged or terminated only by an instrument in writing signed by the Company and either (i) Purchasers holding Warrants representing at least 75% of the number of Exercise Shares then issuable upon exercise of all Warrants sold pursuant to the Purchase Agreement, provided, however, that such modification, amendment or waiver is made with respect to all Warrants and does not adversely affect the Holder in a manner different than all other holders of Warrants; or (ii) the Holder.
12. NOTICES, ETC. All notices required or permitted hereunder shall be in writing and shall be deemed effectively given: (a) upon personal delivery to the party to be notified, (b) when sent by confirmed email or facsimile if sent during normal business hours of the recipient, if not, then on the next business day, (c) five days after having been sent by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested, postage prepaid, or (d) one business day after deposit with a nationally recognized overnight courier, specifying next day delivery, with written verification of receipt. All communications shall be sent to the Company at the address listed on the signature page and to the Holder at the address on the Company records, or at such other address as the Company or Holder may designate by 10 days’ advance written notice to the other party hereto.
13. ACCEPTANCE. Receipt of this Warrant by the Holder shall constitute acceptance of and agreement to all of the terms and conditions contained herein.
14. GOVERNING LAW. This Warrant and all rights, obligations and liabilities hereunder shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware without regard to the principles of conflict of laws.
15. DESCRIPTIVE HEADINGS. The descriptive headings of the several paragraphs of this Warrant are inserted for convenience only and do not constitute a part of this Warrant. The language in this Warrant shall be construed as to its fair meaning without regard to which party drafted this Warrant.
16. SEVERABILITY. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this Warrant in any jurisdiction shall not affect the validity or enforceability of such provision in any other jurisdiction, or affect any other provision of this Warrant, which shall remain in full force and effect.
17. PAYMENT OF ENFORCEMENT OR OTHER COSTS. If (a) this Warrant is placed in the hands of an attorney for collection or enforcement or is enforced through any legal proceeding or the Holder otherwise takes action to enforce the provisions of this Warrant or (b) there occurs any bankruptcy, reorganization, receivership of the Company or other proceedings affecting Company creditors’ rights and involving a claim under this Warrant, then the Company shall pay the costs incurred by the Holder for such enforcement or action or in connection with such bankruptcy, reorganization, receivership or other proceeding, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and disbursements.
18. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Warrant and the Purchase Agreement (including the schedules and exhibits) constitute the entire agreement between the parties pertaining to the subject matter contained in it and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements, representations, and undertakings of the parties, whether oral or written, with respect to such subject matter.
[Signature Page Follows]
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Company has caused this Warrant to be executed by its duly authorized officer as of August 19, 2021.
| || || |
|PALISADE BIO, INC. || |
| || || |
|By: || |
/s/ Thomas M. Hallam
| || || |
|Name: || |
Thomas M. Hallam
| || || |
|Title: ||Chief Executive Officer || |
| || || |
|Address: || |
5800 Armada Drive
Carlsbad, CA 92008
NOTICE OF EXERCISE
TO: PALISADE BIO, INC.
(1) The undersigned hereby elects to (check one box only):
q purchase shares of the Common Stock of Palisade Bio, Inc. (the “Company”) pursuant to the terms of the attached Warrant, and tenders herewith payment of the exercise price in full for such shares, together with all applicable transfer taxes, if any.
q purchase the number of shares of Common Stock of the Company by cashless exercise pursuant to the terms of the Warrant as shall be issuable upon cashless exercise of the portion of the Warrant relating to shares, and shall tender payment of all applicable transfer taxes, if any.
(2) Please issue a certificate or certificates representing said shares of Common Stock in the name of the undersigned or in such other name as is specified below:
(3) The undersigned represents that (i) the undersigned is aware of the Company’s business affairs and financial condition and has acquired sufficient information about the Company to reach an informed and knowledgeable decision regarding its investment in the Company; (ii) the undersigned is experienced in making investments of this type and has such knowledge and background in financial and business matters that the undersigned is capable of evaluating the merits and risks of this investment and protecting the undersigned’s own interests; (iii) the undersigned understands that the issuance of the shares of Common Stock issuable upon exercise of this Warrant has not been registered under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Securities Act”); (iv) the undersigned is aware that the aforesaid shares of Common Stock may not be sold pursuant to Rule 144 adopted under the Securities Act unless certain conditions are met, including a condition that the undersigned has held or is deemed to have held the shares for the time period prescribed by Rule 144; and (v) the undersigned agrees not to make any disposition of all or any part of the aforesaid shares of Common Stock unless and until there is then in effect a registration statement under the Securities Act covering such proposed disposition and such disposition is made in accordance with said registration statement, or such disposition is not required to be registered pursuant to the Securities Act or any applicable state securities laws.
| || || |
| || || |
|(Date) || ||(Signature)|
| || || |
| || || |
| || ||(Print name)|
(To assign the foregoing Warrant, subject to compliance with Section 4.3 thereof, execute this form and supply required information. Do not use this form to purchase shares.)
FOR VALUE RECEIVED, the foregoing Warrant and all rights evidenced thereby are hereby assigned to
| || || |
|Holder’s || || |
|Signature: || || |
| || || |
|Holder’s || || |
|Address: || || |
NOTE: The signature to this Assignment Form must correspond with the name as it appears on the face of the Warrant, without alteration or enlargement or any change whatever. Officers of corporations and those acting in a fiduciary or other representative capacity should file proper evidence of authority to assign the foregoing Warrant.