FORM OF NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE HOLDINGS LTD.
AMENDED AND RESTATED 2013 PERFORMANCE INCENTIVE PLAN
RESTRICTED SHARE UNIT AWARD AGREEMENT
THIS RESTRICTED SHARE UNIT AWARD AGREEMENT (this “Agreement”) is dated as of [_____________] by and between Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd., a company organized under the laws of Bermuda (the “Company”), and [Name] (the “Participant”).
W I T N E S S E T H
WHEREAS, pursuant to the Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. Amended and Restated 2013 Performance Incentive Plan (the “Plan”), the Company has granted to the Participant effective as of the date hereof (the “Award Date”), a credit of restricted share units under the Plan (the “Award”), upon the terms and conditions set forth herein and in the Plan.
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of services rendered and to be rendered by the Participant, and the mutual promises made herein and the mutual benefits to be derived therefrom, the parties agree as follows:
1. Defined Terms. Capitalized terms used herein and not otherwise defined herein shall have the meaning assigned to such terms in the Plan.
2. Grant. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, the Company hereby grants to the Participant an Award with respect to an aggregate of [__________] restricted share units (subject to adjustment as provided in Section 7.1 of the Plan) (the “Share Units”). As used herein, the term “share unit” shall mean a non-voting unit of measurement which is deemed for bookkeeping purposes to be equivalent to one outstanding Ordinary Share of the Company (subject to adjustment as provided in Section 7.1 of the Plan) solely for purposes of the Plan and this Agreement. The Share Units shall be used solely as a device for the determination of the payment to eventually be made to the Participant if such Share Units vest pursuant to Section 3. The Share Units shall not be treated as property or as a trust fund of any kind.
3. Vesting. Subject to Section 8 and the paragraphs in this Section below, the Award shall vest and become nonforfeitable with respect to [one-third of the total number of Share Units (subject to adjustment under Section 7.1 of the Plan) on each of March 1, 2021, March 1, 2022 and March 1, 2023]. If the Participant is a party to an employment or similar agreement with the Company or any Subsidiary that includes provisions addressing the vesting of equity awards, the Award shall also become vested as provided in such agreement (including, without limitation, in connection with certain qualifying terminations of the Participant’s employment and/or qualifying change in control transactions).
Upon a termination of the Participant’s employment with the Company by the Company due to Participant’s death or disability, the number of Share Units specified in Section 2 that are then outstanding and unvested shall vest. Disability as used in this paragraph shall mean a physical or mental impairment which, as reasonably determined by the Company, renders Participant unable to perform the essential functions of Participant’s employment with the Company, even with a reasonable accommodation that does not impose an undue hardship on the
Company, for more than 90 days in any 180-day period, unless a longer period is required by federal, state or local law, in which case that longer period would apply.
4. Continuance of Employment/Service. Except as provided in Section 3, the vesting schedule requires continued employment or service through each applicable vesting date as a condition to the vesting of the applicable installment of the Award and the rights and benefits under this Agreement. Except as provided in Section 3, employment or service for only a portion of the vesting period, even if a substantial portion, will not entitle the Participant to any proportionate vesting or avoid or mitigate a termination of rights and benefits upon or following a termination of employment or services as provided in Section 8 below or under the Plan.
Nothing contained in this Agreement or the Plan constitutes an employment or service commitment by the Company, affects the Participant’s status as an employee at will who is subject to termination without cause, confers upon the Participant any right to remain employed by or in service to the Company or any Subsidiary, interferes in any way with the right of the Company or any Subsidiary at any time to terminate such employment or services, or affects the right of the Company or any Subsidiary to increase or decrease the Participant’s other compensation or benefits. Nothing in this Agreement, however, is intended to adversely affect any independent contractual right of the Participant without his or her consent thereto.
5. Dividend and Voting Rights.
(a) Limitations on Rights Associated with Units. The Participant shall have no rights as a shareholder of the Company, no dividend rights (except as expressly provided in Section 5(b) with respect to Dividend Equivalent Rights) and no voting rights, with respect to the Share Units and any Ordinary Shares underlying or issuable in respect of such Share Units until such Ordinary Shares are actually issued to and held of record by the Participant. No adjustments will be made for dividends or other rights of a holder for which the record date is prior to the date of issuance of such Ordinary Shares underlying or issuable in respect of such Share Units.
(b) Dividend Equivalent Rights Distributions. As of any date that the Company pays an ordinary cash dividend on its Ordinary Shares, the Company shall credit the Participant with an additional number of Share Units equal to (i) the per share cash dividend paid by the Company on its Ordinary Shares on such date, multiplied by (ii) the total number of Share Units (including any dividend equivalents previously credited hereunder) (with such total number adjusted pursuant to Section 7.1 of the Plan) subject to the Award as of the related dividend payment record date, divided by (iii) the fair market value of an Ordinary Share on the date of payment of such dividend. Any Share Units credited pursuant to the foregoing provisions of this Section 5(b) shall be subject to the same vesting, payment and other terms, conditions and restrictions as the original Share Units to which they relate. No crediting of Share Units shall be made pursuant to this Section 5(b) with respect to any Share Units which, as of such record date, have either been paid pursuant to Section 7 or terminated pursuant to Section 8.
6. Restrictions on Transfer. Neither the Award, nor any interest therein or amount or shares payable in respect thereof (until such shares underlying the Award have been issued) may be sold, assigned, transferred, pledged or otherwise disposed of, alienated or encumbered, either
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Company has caused this Agreement to be executed on its behalf by a duly authorized officer and the Participant has hereunto set his or her hand as of the date and year first above written.
NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE HOLDINGS LTD.,
a Bermuda Company