EX-10.3 4 exhibit103-formofprexfunde.htm EX-10.3 Document
THE OFFER AND SALE OF THESE SECURITIES AND THE SECURITIES ISSUABLE UPON EXERCISE OF THESE SECURITIES HAVE NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED (THE “SECURITIES ACT”), OR ANY APPLICABLE STATE SECURITIES LAWS. THE SECURITIES MAY NOT BE OFFERED FOR SALE, SOLD, TRANSFERRED, ASSIGNED OR OTHERWISE DISPOSED OF (I) IN THE ABSENCE OF (A) AN EFFECTIVE REGISTRATION STATEMENT FOR THE SECURITIES UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OR (B) AN AVAILABLE EXEMPTION FROM, OR IN A TRANSACTION NOT SUBJECT TO, THE REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS OF THE SECURITIES ACT AND IN EACH CASE IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE STATE SECURITIES LAWS OR BLUE SKY LAWS AS EVIDENCED BY A LEGAL OPINION OF COUNSEL REASONABLY SATISFACTORY TO THE COMPANY AND ITS TRANSFER AGENT OR (II) UNLESS SOLD PURSUANT TO RULE 144 UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, THE SECURITIES MAY BE PLEDGED IN CONNECTION WITH A BONA FIDE MARGIN ACCOUNT OR OTHER LOAN OR FINANCING ARRANGEMENT SECURED BY THE SECURITIES; PROVIDED THAT IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FORECLOSURE OR TRANSFER OF THE SECURITIES, THE TRANSFEROR SHALL COMPLY WITH THE PROVISIONS HEREIN, IN THE SECURITIES PURCHASE AGREEMENT AND THE REGISTRATION RIGHTS AGREEMENT, AND UPON FORECLOSURE OR TRANSFER OF THE SECURITIES, SUCH FORECLOSING PERSON OR TRANSFEREE SHALL COMPLY WITH ALL PROVISIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, IN THE SECURITIES PURCHASE AGREEMENT AND THE REGISTRATION RIGHTS AGREEMENT.
MEDAVAIL HOLDINGS, INC.
PRE-FUNDED WARRANT TO PURCHASE COMMON STOCK
|Warrant No. 2023-[ ]
|Original Issue Date: March 13, 2023
MedAvail Holdings, Inc., a Delaware corporation (the “Company”), hereby certifies that, for value received, ___________ or its permitted registered assigns (the “Holder”), is entitled to purchase from the Company up to a total of __________1 shares of common stock, $0.001 par value per share (the “Common Stock”), of the Company (each such share, a “Warrant Share” and all such shares, the “Warrant Shares”) at an exercise price equal to $0.001 per share (as adjusted from time to time as provided in Section 8 herein, the “Exercise Price”), at any time and from time to time on or after the date of issuance (the “Original Issuance Date”) until this Warrant is exercised in full, and subject to the following terms and conditions:
This Pre-Funded Warrant (this “Warrant”) is one of a series of similar Pre-Funded Common Stock Purchase Warrants issued pursuant to that certain Securities Purchase Agreement, dated March 9, 2023, by and among the Company and the Purchasers identified therein (the “Purchase Agreement”). All such Pre-Funded Warrants are referred to herein, collectively, as the “Warrants.”
1 NTD: Offering amount divided by the lower of $0.349 or the closing price on March 9 immediately preceding the signing of the SPA minus $0.001.
1. Definitions. In addition to the terms defined elsewhere in this Warrant, capitalized terms that are not otherwise defined herein have the meanings given to such terms in the Purchase Agreement.
2. Registration of Warrants. The Company shall register this Warrant, upon records to be maintained by or on behalf of the Company for that purpose (the “Warrant Register”), in the name of the record Holder (which shall include the initial Holder or, as the case may be, any registered assignee to which this Warrant is permissibly assigned hereunder) from time to time. The Company may deem and treat the registered Holder of this Warrant as the absolute owner hereof for the purpose of any exercise hereof or any distribution to the Holder, and for all other purposes, absent actual notice to the contrary. This Warrant may be, at the option of the Holder, either (x) represented by an original Warrant certificate or (y) issued by book-entry registration in the Warrant Register. For the avoidance of doubt, any Warrant issued by book-entry registration in the Warrant Register shall nonetheless be subject to the terms and conditions of such Warrant certificate to the same extent as if such Warrant were represented by an original Warrant certificate.
3. Registration of Transfers. Subject to the restrictions on transfer set forth in Section 7 of the Purchase Agreement and compliance with all applicable securities laws, the Company shall register any transfer in accordance with the terms and conditions of Section 7 of the Purchase Agreement of all or any portion of this Warrant in the Warrant Register, upon surrender of this Warrant, with the Form of Assignment attached as Schedule 2 hereto duly completed and signed, to the Company’s transfer agent or to the Company at its address specified in the Purchase Agreement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, no surrender of a Warrant shall be required if such Warrant is represented by book-entry registration in the Warrant Register. Upon any such registration or transfer, a new warrant to purchase Common Stock in substantially the form of this Warrant (any such new warrant, a “New Warrant”) evidencing the portion of this Warrant so transferred shall be issued to the transferee, and a New Warrant evidencing the remaining portion of this Warrant not so transferred, if any, shall be issued to the transferring Holder. The acceptance of the New Warrant by the transferee thereof shall be deemed the acceptance by such transferee of all of the rights and obligations in respect of the New Warrant that the Holder has in respect of this Warrant. The Company shall prepare, issue and deliver at its own expense any New Warrant under this Section 3.
4. Exercise and Duration of Warrants.
(a) Subject to Section 12, all or any part of this Warrant shall be exercisable by the registered Holder at any time and from time to time on or after the Original Issuance Date.
(b) The Holder may exercise this Warrant by delivering to the Company (i) an exercise notice, in the form attached as Schedule 1 hereto (the “Exercise Notice”), completed and duly signed, and (ii) payment of the Exercise Price (other than in the case of a cashless exercise) for the number of Warrant Shares as to which this Warrant is being exercised. The date on which the Exercise Notice is delivered to the Company (as determined in accordance with the notice provisions hereof) is an “Exercise Date.” Within two (2) days following the delivery of the Exercise Notice (the “Payment Deadline”), the Holder shall make payment with respect to the Exercise Price (other than in the case of a cashless exercise) for the number of Warrant Shares as to which this Warrant is being exercised; provided that the Company’s obligations to deliver such Warrant Shares shall be delayed on a day-for-day basis each day after the Payment Deadline such payment of the Exercise Price is not paid (other than in the case of a cashless exercise). The delivery by (or on behalf of) the Holder of the Exercise Notice and the applicable Exercise Price as provided above shall constitute the Holder’s certification to the Company that its representations contained in Section 3 of the Purchase Agreement are true and correct as of the Exercise Date as if remade in their entirety, unless specifically made as of a prior date in
which case they shall be true and correct as of such date (or, in the case of any transferee Holder that is not a party to the Purchase Agreement, such transferee Holder’s certification to the Company that such representations are true and correct as to such transferee Holder as of the Exercise Date). The Holder shall not be required to physically surrender this Warrant to the Company until the Holder has purchased all of the Warrant Shares available hereunder and the Warrant has been exercised in full, in which case, the Holder shall surrender this Warrant to the Company for cancellation within three (3) Trading Days of the date the final Exercise Notice is delivered to the Company. Notwithstanding the foregoing, (i) execution and delivery of the Exercise Notice shall have the same effect as cancellation of the original Warrant and issuance of a New Warrant evidencing the right to purchase the remaining number of Warrant Shares, if any, and (ii) no surrender of a Warrant shall be required if such Warrant is represented by book-entry registration in the Warrant Register.
(c) Cashless Exercise. In lieu of payment of the Exercise Price in cash, this Warrant may also be exercised, in whole or in part, at such time by means of a “cashless exercise” in which the Holder shall be entitled to receive a number of Warrant Shares equal to the quotient obtained by dividing [(A-B) (X)] by (A), where:
(A) = as applicable: (i) the VWAP on the Trading Day immediately preceding the date of the applicable Notice of Exercise if such Notice of Exercise is (1) both executed and delivered pursuant to Section 4(b) hereof on a day that is not a Trading Day or (2) both executed and delivered pursuant to Section 4(b) hereof on a Trading Day prior to the opening of “regular trading hours” (as defined in Rule 600(b) of Regulation NMS promulgated under the federal securities laws) on such Trading Day, (ii) at the option of the Holder, either (y) the VWAP on the Trading Day immediately preceding the date of the applicable Notice of Exercise or (z) the Bid Price of the Common Stock on the principal Trading Market as reported by Bloomberg L.P. (“Bloomberg”) as of the time of the Holder’s execution of the applicable Notice of Exercise if such Notice of Exercise is executed during “regular trading hours” on a Trading Day and is delivered within two (2) hours thereafter (including until two (2) hours after the close of “regular trading hours” on a Trading Day) pursuant to Section 4(b) hereof or (iii) the VWAP on the date of the applicable Notice of Exercise if the date of such Notice of Exercise is a Trading Day and such Notice of Exercise is both executed and delivered pursuant to Section 4(b) hereof after the close of “regular trading hours” on such Trading Day;
(B) = the Exercise Price of this Warrant, as adjusted hereunder; and
(X) = the number of Warrant Shares that would be issuable upon exercise of this Warrant in accordance with the terms of this Warrant if such exercise were by means of a cash exercise rather than a cashless exercise.
If Warrant Shares are issued in such a cashless exercise and the holding period of the Warrant Shares being issued are tacked on to the holding period of this Warrant, the parties acknowledge and agree that in accordance with Section 3(a)(9) of the Securities Act, the Warrant Shares shall take on the characteristics of the Warrants being exercised. The Company agrees not to take any position contrary to this Section 4(c).
“Bid Price” means, for any date, the price determined by the first of the following clauses that applies: (a) if the Common Stock is then listed or quoted on a Trading Market, the bid price per share of Common Stock for the time in question (or the nearest preceding date) on the Trading Market on which the Common Stock then listed or quoted as reported by Bloomberg (based on a Trading Day from 9:30 a.m. (New York City time) to 4:00 p.m. (New York City time)), (b) if the Common Stock not then listed or quoted on a Trading Market but are quoted on OTCQB or OTCQX, the volume weighted average price of the Common Stock for such date (or the nearest preceding date) on OTCQB or OTCQX as applicable, (c) if the Common Stock is not
then listed or quoted for trading on OTCQB or OTCQX and if prices for the Common Stock is then reported on The Pink Open Market (or a similar organization or agency succeeding to its functions of reporting prices), the most recent bid price per share of Common Stock so reported, or (d) in all other cases, the fair market value of a share of Common Stock as determined by an independent appraiser selected in good faith by the Holders of a majority in interest of the Warrants then outstanding and reasonably acceptable to the Company, the fees and expenses of which shall be paid by the Company.
“Trading Market” means any of the following markets or exchanges on which the Common Stock is listed or quoted for trading on the date in question: the NYSE American, the Nasdaq Capital Market, the Nasdaq Global Market, the Nasdaq Global Select Market, or the New York Stock Exchange (or any successors to any of the foregoing).
“VWAP” means, for any date, the price determined by the first of the following clauses that applies: (a) if the Common Stock is then listed or quoted on a Trading Market, the daily volume weighted average price of the Common Stock for such date (or the nearest preceding date) on the Trading Market on which the Common Stock for is then listed or quoted as reported by Bloomberg (based on a Trading Day from 9:30 a.m. (New York City time) to 4:02 p.m. (New York City time)), (b) if OTCQB or OTCQX is not a Trading Market, the volume weighted average price of the Common Stock for such date (or the nearest preceding date) on OTCQB or OTCQX as applicable, (c) if the Common Stock is not then listed or quoted for trading on OTCQB or OTCQX and if prices for the Common Stock is then reported on The Pink Open Market (or a similar organization or agency succeeding to its functions of reporting prices), the most recent bid price per shares of Common Stock so reported, or (d) in all other cases, the fair market value of a share of Common Stock as determined by an independent appraiser selected in good faith by the holders of a majority in interest of the Warrants then outstanding and reasonably acceptable to the Company, the fees and expenses of which shall be paid by the Company.
5. Delivery of Warrant Shares.
(a) Subject to Section 4(b), upon exercise of this Warrant, the Company shall promptly (but no later than two (2) Trading Days after the Exercise Date (or three (3) Trading Days after the Exercise Date if the last of the Exercise Notice, the Exercise Price (if applicable) and opinion of counsel referred to below in this Section 5(a) (if applicable) is delivered after 5:00 P.M., New York City time, on the Exercise Date) or as soon as reasonably practicable in the event that a certificate is requested (such time, the “Delivery Deadline”)) issue or cause to be issued and cause to be delivered to or upon the written order of the Holder and in such name or names as the Holder may designate (provided that, if the Registration Statement is not effective and the Holder directs the Company to deliver a certificate for the Warrant Shares in a name other than that of the Holder or an Affiliate of the Holder, it shall deliver to the Company on the Exercise Date an opinion of counsel reasonably satisfactory to the Company to the effect that the issuance of such Warrant Shares in such other name may be made pursuant to an available exemption from the registration requirements of the Securities Act and all applicable state securities or blue sky laws), (i) an electronic delivery of the Warrant Shares to the Holder’s account at the Depository Trust Company (“DTC”) or a similar organization, or (ii) if requested by the Holder, a certificate for the Warrant Shares issuable upon such exercise, free of restrictive legends, unless in the case of clause (i) and (ii) a registration statement covering the resale of the Warrant Shares and naming the Holder as a selling stockholder thereunder is not then effective and the Warrant Shares are not freely transferable without volume and manner of sale restrictions pursuant to Rule 144 under the Securities Act, in which case such Holder shall receive a book-entry notation for the Warrant Shares issuable upon such exercise with appropriate restrictive legends. The Holder, or any Person permissibly so designated by the Holder to receive Warrant Shares, shall be deemed to have become the holder of record of such Warrant Shares as of the Exercise Date.
If the Warrant Shares are to be issued free of all restrictive legends, the Company shall, upon the written request of the Holder, use its commercially reasonable efforts to deliver, or cause to be delivered, Warrant Shares hereunder electronically through DTC or another established clearing corporation performing similar functions, if available; provided, that, the Company may, but will not be required to, change its transfer agent if its current transfer agent cannot deliver Warrant Shares electronically through such a clearing corporation.
(b) To the extent permitted by law, the Company’s obligations to issue and deliver Warrant Shares in accordance with and subject to the terms hereof [(including the limitations set forth in Section 11 below)]2 are absolute and unconditional, irrespective of any action or inaction by the Holder to enforce the same, any waiver or consent with respect to any provision hereof, the recovery of any judgment against any Person or any action to enforce the same. Nothing herein shall limit the Holder’s right to pursue any other remedies available to it hereunder, at law or in equity including, without limitation, a decree of specific performance and/or injunctive relief with respect to the Company’s failure to timely deliver the Warrant Shares upon exercise of the Warrant as required pursuant to the terms hereof.
(c) For the avoidance of doubt, the terms and provisions of this Section 5 shall apply to any cash exercise of this Warrant effected pursuant to Section 6 below.
6. Replacement of Warrant. If this Warrant is mutilated, lost, stolen or destroyed, the Company shall issue or cause to be issued in exchange and substitution for and upon cancellation hereof, or in lieu of and substitution for this Warrant, a New Warrant, but only upon receipt of evidence reasonably satisfactory to the Company of such loss, theft or destruction (in such case) and, in each case, a customary and reasonable indemnity and surety bond, if requested by the Company. Applicants for a New Warrant under such circumstances shall also comply with such other reasonable regulations and procedures and pay such other reasonable third-party costs as the Company may prescribe. If a New Warrant is requested as a result of a mutilation of this Warrant, then the Holder shall deliver such mutilated Warrant to the Company as a condition precedent to the Company’s obligation to issue the New Warrant.
7. Reservation of Warrant Shares. Subject to the Company’s receipt of the Requisite Approvals, the Company covenants that it will at all times reserve and keep available out of the aggregate of its authorized but unissued and otherwise unreserved Common Stock, solely for the purpose of enabling it to issue Warrant Shares upon exercise of this Warrant as herein provided, the number of Warrant Shares that are initially issuable and deliverable upon the exercise of this entire Warrant, free from preemptive rights or any other contingent purchase rights of persons other than the Holder (taking into account the adjustments and restrictions of Section 8). Subject to the Company’s receipt of the Requisite Approvals, the Company covenants that all Warrant Shares so issuable and deliverable shall, upon issuance and the payment of the applicable Exercise Price in accordance with the terms hereof, be duly and validly authorized, issued and fully paid and nonassessable. The Company will take all commercially reasonable actions as may be necessary to assure that such shares of Common Stock may be issued as provided herein without violation of any applicable law or regulation, or of any requirements of any securities exchange or automated quotation system upon which the Common Stock may be listed.
8. Certain Adjustments. The Exercise Price and number of Warrant Shares issuable upon exercise of this Warrant are subject to adjustment from time to time as set forth in this Section 8.
(a) Stock Dividends and Splits. If the Company, at any time while this Warrant is outstanding, (i) pays a stock dividend on its Common Stock or otherwise makes a distribution on any class of capital stock that is payable in shares of Common Stock, (ii) subdivides its
2 NTD: Applicable for <10% holders.
outstanding shares of Common Stock into a larger number of shares, or (iii) combines its outstanding shares of Common Stock into a smaller number of shares, then in each such case, the Exercise Price shall be multiplied by a fraction, the numerator of which shall be the number of shares of Common Stock outstanding immediately before such event and the denominator of which shall be the number of shares of Common Stock outstanding immediately after such event. Any adjustment made pursuant to clause (i) of this paragraph shall become effective immediately after the record date for the determination of stockholders entitled to receive such dividend or distribution, and any adjustment pursuant to clause (ii) or (iii) of this paragraph shall become effective immediately after the effective date of such subdivision or combination.
(b) Fundamental Transactions. If a Fundamental Transaction (as defined below) occurs at any time while this Warrant is outstanding, then following such Fundamental Transaction the Holder shall have the right to receive, upon exercise of this Warrant, the same amount and kind of securities, cash or property as it would have been entitled to receive upon the occurrence of such Fundamental Transaction if it had been, immediately prior to such Fundamental Transaction, the holder of the number of Warrant Shares then issuable upon exercise in full of this Warrant without regard to any limitations on exercise contained herein. For purposes of Rule 144 promulgated under the Securities Act, it is intended, understood and acknowledged that the Warrant Shares issued in such transaction shall be deemed to have been acquired by the initial Holder, and the holding period for the Warrant Shares shall be deemed to have commenced, on the date this Warrant was originally issued pursuant to the Purchase Agreement (provided that the Commission continues to take the position that such treatment is proper at the time of such exercise).
(c) Number of Warrant Shares. Simultaneously with any adjustment to the Exercise Price pursuant to paragraph (a) of this Section 8, the number of Warrant Shares that may be purchased upon exercise of this Warrant shall be increased or decreased proportionately, so that after such adjustment the aggregate Exercise Price payable hereunder for the increased or decreased number of Warrant Shares shall be the same as the aggregate Exercise Price in effect immediately prior to such adjustment.
(d) Calculations. All calculations under this Section 8 shall be rounded down to the nearest whole cent or the nearest whole share, as applicable.
(e) Notice of Adjustments. Upon the occurrence of each adjustment pursuant to this Section 8, the Company at its expense will, at the written request of the Holder, promptly compute such adjustment, in good faith, in accordance with the terms of this Warrant and prepare a certificate setting forth such adjustment, including a statement of the adjusted Exercise Price and adjusted number or type of Warrant Shares or other securities issuable upon exercise of this Warrant (as applicable), describing the transactions giving rise to such adjustments and showing in detail the facts upon which such adjustment is based. Upon written request, the Company will promptly deliver a copy of each such certificate to the Holder and to the Company’s transfer agent.
(f) Notice of Corporate Events. If, while this Warrant is outstanding, the Company (i) declares a dividend or any other distribution of cash, securities or other property in respect of its Common Stock, including, without limitation, any granting of rights or warrants to subscribe for or purchase any capital stock of the Company, (ii) enters into any agreement contemplating or solicits stockholder approval for any “Fundamental Transaction” (which is defined as (1) any merger or consolidation of the Company with or into another Person, in which the Company is not the surviving entity and in which the stockholders of the Company immediately prior to such merger or consolidation do not own, directly or indirectly, at least 50% of the voting power of the surviving entity immediately after such merger or consolidation, (2) pursuant to any tender offer or exchange offer (whether by the Company or another Person), holders of capital stock
tender shares representing more than 50% of the voting power of the capital stock of the Company and the Company or such other Person, as applicable, accepts such tender for payment, (3) the Company consummates a stock sale or other business combination (including, without limitation, a reorganization, recapitalization, spin-off or scheme of arrangement) with another Person whereby such other Person acquires more than the 50% of the voting power of the capital stock of the Company (except for any bonafide financing transaction or any such transaction in which the stockholders of the Company immediately prior to such transaction maintain, in substantially the same proportions, the voting power of such Person immediately after the transaction), (4) any sale of all or substantially all of the Company’s and its subsidiaries’ assets, taken as a whole, (5) any reclassification of the Common Stock (other than a change to par value, or from par value to no par value or changes resulting from a combination or subdivision), or (6) any statutory exchange of the outstanding shares of Common Stock, as a result of which, the holders of the Common Stock would be entitled to receive, or their Common Stock would be converted into, or exchanged for, shares, stock, other securities, or other property or assets (including cash or any combination thereof), then, to the extent then permitted under applicable laws, rules and regulations (including the rules of the Nasdaq Stock Market or any exchange on which the Common Stock is then listed) or (iii) authorizes the voluntary dissolution, liquidation or winding up of the affairs of the Company, then, except if such notice and the contents thereof shall be deemed to constitute material non-public information, the Company shall deliver to the Holder a notice of such transaction prior to the applicable record or effective date on which a Person would need to hold Common Stock in order to participate in or vote with respect to such transaction; provided, however, that the failure to deliver such notice or any defect therein shall not affect the validity of the corporate action required to be described in such notice. To the extent that any notice provided hereunder constitutes, or contains, material, non-public information regarding the Company or any of its subsidiaries, the Company shall simultaneously file such notice with the Commission (as defined in the Purchase Agreement) pursuant to a Current Report on Form 8-K.
9. Definitions. For purposes of this Warrant:
“Approved Market” shall have the meaning ascribed to such term in the Registration Rights Agreement.
“Closing Sale Price” means, for any security as of any date, the last trade price for such security on the Approved Market for such security, as reported by Bloomberg Financial Markets, or, if such Approved Market begins to operate on an extended hours basis and does not designate the last trade price, then the last trade price of such security prior to 4:00 P.M., New York City time, as reported by Bloomberg Financial Markets, or if the foregoing do not apply, the last trade price of such security in the over-the-counter market on the electronic bulletin board for such security as reported by Bloomberg Financial Markets, or, if no last trade price is reported for such security by Bloomberg Financial Markets, the average of the bid prices, or the ask prices, respectively, of any market makers for such security as reported in the "pink sheets" by Pink Sheets LLC. If the Closing Sale Price cannot be calculated for a security on a particular date on any of the foregoing bases, the Closing Sale Price of such security on such date shall be the fair market value as determined by the Board of Directors using its good faith judgment. The Board of Directors’ determination shall be binding upon all parties absent demonstrable error. All such determinations shall be appropriately adjusted for any stock dividend, stock split, stock combination or other similar transaction during the applicable calculation period.
“Person” means “an individual, corporation, partnership, limited liability company, trust, business trust, association, joint stock company, joint venture, sole proprietorship, unincorporated organization, governmental authority or any other form of entity not specifically listed herein.
“Registration Rights Agreement” shall mean that certain Registration Rights Agreement dated as of March __, 2023.
“Trading Day” shall have the meaning ascribed to such term in the Registration Rights Agreement.
10. Notice of Restricted Legend Event. The Company shall provide to the Holder prompt written notice if after the Original Issuance Date the Company is unable to issue the Warrant Shares without restrictive legend, because the Commission has issued a stop order with respect to, or the Commission or Company has otherwise suspended or withdrawn, a Registration Statement covering the resale of the Warrant Shares, either temporarily or permanently, or otherwise (each a “Restrictive Legend Event”). To the extent that (A) a Restrictive Legend Event occurs, (B) at such time the Warrant Shares would be saleable under Rule 144 without compliance with the manner of sale or volume restrictions, (C) the Company has delivered the notice described in the immediately preceding sentence, and (D) the Holder attempts to exercise the Warrant after receipt of such notice by paying cash, the Holder shall be entitled to rescind the previously submitted Exercise Notice and the Company shall return all consideration paid by Holder for such Warrant Shares upon such rescission.
11. [Reserved][Limitations on Exercise3. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, the number of Warrant Shares that may be acquired by the Holder upon any exercise of this Warrant (or otherwise in respect hereof) shall be limited to the extent necessary to ensure that, immediately prior to or following such exercise (or other issuance), the total number of shares of Common Stock then beneficially owned by the Holder and its Affiliates and any other Persons whose beneficial ownership of Common Stock would be aggregated with the Holder’s for purposes of Section 13(d) of the Exchange Act, does not exceed 9.99% (the “Maximum Percentage”) of the total number of then issued and outstanding shares of Common Stock (including for such purpose the shares of Common Stock issuable upon such exercise). For purposes of the foregoing sentence, the aggregate number of shares of Common Stock beneficially owned by the Holder and its Affiliates shall include the number of shares of Common Stock issuable upon exercise of this Warrant with respect to which the determination of such sentence is being made, but shall exclude shares of Common Stock which would be issuable upon (i) exercise of the remaining, unexercised portion of this Warrant beneficially owned by such Person and its Affiliates and (ii) exercise or conversion of the unexercised or unconverted portion of any other securities of the Company beneficially owned by the Holder and its Affiliates (including, without limitation, any convertible notes or convertible preferred stock or warrants) subject to a limitation on conversion or exercise analogous to the limitation contained herein. Except as set forth in the preceding sentence (other than the proviso thereto), for purposes of this paragraph (including the proviso in the immediately preceding sentence), beneficial ownership shall be calculated in accordance with Section 13(d) of the Exchange Act; it being acknowledged by the Holder that the Company is not representing to such Holder that such calculation is in compliance with Section 13(d) of the Exchange Act and such Holder is solely responsible for any schedules required to be filed in accordance therewith. To the extent that the limitation contained in this Section 11 applies, the determination of whether this Warrant is exercisable (in relation to other securities owned by such Holder) and of which a portion of this Warrant is exercisable shall be in the sole discretion of a Holder, and the submission of a Notice of Exercise shall be deemed to be the Holder’s determination of whether this Warrant is exercisable (in relation to other securities owned by such Holder) and of which portion of this Warrant is exercisable, in each case subject to such aggregate percentage limitation, and the Company shall have no obligation to verify or confirm the accuracy of such determination. In addition, a determination as to any group status as contemplated above shall be determined in accordance with Section 13(d) of the Exchange Act and the rules and regulations promulgated thereunde
3 NTD: Only for <10% holders.
r. For purposes of this Section 11, in determining the number of outstanding shares of Common Stock, the Holder may rely on the number of outstanding shares of Common Stock as reflected in (x) the Company’s most recent Form 10-Q or Form 10-K, as the case may be, (y) a more recent public announcement by the Company or (z) any other notice by the Company or the Transfer Agent setting forth the number of shares of Common Stock outstanding. Upon the written request of the Holder, the Company shall within three (3) Trading Days confirm in writing to such Holder the number of shares of Common Stock then outstanding. In any case, the number of outstanding shares of Common Stock shall be determined after giving effect to the conversion or exercise of securities of the Company, including the Warrants, by the Holder and its Affiliates since the date as of which such number of outstanding shares of Common Stock was reported. By written notice to the Company, the Holder may from time to time increase or decrease the Maximum Percentage to any other percentage not in excess of 19.99% specified in such notice; provided that (i) any such increase will not be effective until the sixty-first (61st) day after such notice is delivered to the Company, and (ii) any such increase or decrease will apply only to the Holder and not to any other holder of Warrants. The provisions of this paragraph shall not apply to the Holder if the aggregate number of shares beneficially owned by the Holder and its Affiliates, calculated in accordance with Section 13(d) of the Exchange Act, exceed 19.99% immediately prior to the Closing. The provisions of this paragraph shall be construed and implemented in a manner otherwise than in strict conformity with the terms of this Section 11 to correct this paragraph (or any portion hereof) which may be defective or inconsistent with the intended beneficial ownership limitation herein contained or to make changes or supplements necessary or desirable to properly give effect to such limitation.]
12. Exercise Cap. The Company shall not issue any shares of Common Stock upon exercise of this Warrant or any other Pre-Funded Warrant if and to the extent the issuance of such shares of Common Stock would exceed the aggregate number of shares of Common Stock which the Company may issue upon exercise of the Pre-Funded Warrants without violating the rules or regulations of the Trading Market (the number of shares which may be issued without violating such rules and regulations, including without limitation, a violation for not obtaining prior stockholder approval, and including rules related to the aggregate of offerings under applicable Nasdaq regulations, as applicable, the “Exercise Cap”), except that such limitation shall not apply (i) with respect to the issuance of any shares of Common Stock that do not exceed the Exercise Cap, and (ii) in the event that, and upon such time as, the Company obtains the Requisite Approvals. Until such Requisite Approvals are obtained, no Holder shall be issued in the aggregate, upon exercise of any Pre-Funded Warrants, shares of Common Stock in an amount greater than the product of (i) the Exercise Cap multiplied by (ii) the quotient of (A) the number of Pre-Funded Warrant Shares underlying all Pre-Funded Warrants issued to a Holder divided by (B) the aggregate number of Pre-Funded Warrant Shares underlying all Pre-Funded Warrants issued to all Holders (with respect to each Holder, the “Exercise Cap Allocation”). In the event that any Holder shall sell or otherwise transfer any of such Holder’s Pre-Funded Warrants, the transferee shall be allocated a pro rata portion of such Holder’s Exercise Cap Allocation with respect to such portion of such Pre-Funded Warrants so transferred, and the restrictions of the prior sentence shall apply to such transferee with respect to the portion of the Exercise Cap Allocation so allocated to such transferee. As of the Original Issue Date, the Exercise Cap is equal to 16,025,925 shares of Common Stock.
13. No Fractional Shares. No fractional Warrant Shares will be issued in connection with any exercise of this Warrant. In lieu of any fractional shares that would otherwise be issuable, the number of Warrant Shares to be issued shall be rounded down to the next whole number and the Company shall pay the Holder in cash the fair market value (based on the Closing Sale Price) for any such fractional shares.
14. Notices. Any and all notices or other communications or deliveries hereunder (including, without limitation, any Exercise Notice) shall be in writing and shall be deemed given and
effective on the earliest of (i) the date of transmission, if such notice or communication is delivered via facsimile at the facsimile number specified in the Purchase Agreement prior to 5:30 P.M., New York City time, on a Trading Day, (ii) the next Trading Day after the date of transmission, if such notice or communication is delivered via facsimile at the facsimile number specified in the Purchase Agreement on a day that is not a Trading Day or later than 5:30 P.M., New York City time, on any Trading Day, (iii) the Trading Day following the date of mailing, if sent by nationally recognized overnight courier service specifying next business day delivery, and (iv) upon actual receipt by the Person to whom such notice is required to be given, if by hand delivery. The address and facsimile number of a Person for such notices or communications shall be as set forth in the Purchase Agreement unless changed by such Person by two (2) Trading Days’ prior written notice to the other Persons in accordance with this Section 14.
15. Warrant Agent. The Company shall serve as warrant agent under this Warrant. Upon fifteen (15) days’ notice to the Holder, the Company may appoint a new warrant agent. Any corporation into which the Company or any new warrant agent may be merged or any corporation resulting from any consolidation to which the Company or any new warrant agent shall be a party or any corporation to which the Company or any new warrant agent transfers substantially all of its corporate trust or stockholders services business shall be a successor warrant agent under this Warrant without any further act. Any such successor warrant agent shall promptly cause notice of its succession as warrant agent to be mailed (by first class mail, postage prepaid) to the Holder at the Holder’s last address as shown on the Warrant Register.
(a) Charges, Taxes and Expenses. Issuance and delivery of certificates for shares of Common Stock, if any, upon exercise of this Warrant shall be made without charge to the Holder for any issue or transfer tax, transfer agent fee or other incidental tax or expense (excluding any applicable stamp duties) in respect of the issuance of such certificates, all of which taxes and expenses shall be paid by the Company; provided, however, that the Company shall not be required to pay any tax that may be payable in respect of any transfer involved in the registration of any certificates for Warrant Shares or the Warrants in a name other than that of the Holder or an Affiliate thereof. The Holder shall be responsible for all other tax liability that may arise as a result of holding or transferring this Warrant or receiving Warrant Shares upon exercise hereof.
(b) No Rights as a Stockholder. The Holder, solely in such Person's capacity as a holder of this Warrant, shall not be entitled to vote or receive dividends or be deemed the holder of share capital of the Company for any purpose, nor shall anything contained in this Warrant be construed to confer upon the Holder, solely in such Person's capacity as the Holder of this Warrant, any of the rights of a stockholder of the Company or any right to vote, give or withhold consent to any corporate action (whether any reorganization, issue of stock, reclassification of stock, consolidation, merger, amalgamation, conveyance or otherwise), receive notice of meetings, receive dividends or subscription rights, or otherwise, prior to the issuance to the Holder of the Warrant Shares which such Person is then entitled to receive upon the due exercise of this Warrant. In addition, nothing contained in this Warrant shall be construed as imposing any liabilities on the Holder to purchase any securities (except upon exercise of this Warrant or otherwise) or as a stockholder of the Company, whether such liabilities are asserted by the Company or by creditors of the Company.
(c) No Avoidance. Except and to the extent as waived or consented to by the Holder, the Company shall not by any action, including, without limitation, amending its certificate or articles of incorporation or through any reorganization, transfer of assets, consolidation, merger, dissolution, issue or sale of securities or any other voluntary action, avoid or seek to avoid the observance or performance of any of the terms of this Warrant, but will at all times in good faith assist in the carrying out of all such terms and in the taking of all such actions as may be
necessary or appropriate to protect the rights of Holder as set forth in this Warrant against impairment. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Company will (a) not increase the par value of any Warrant Shares above the amount payable therefor upon such exercise immediately prior to such increase in par value, (b) take all such action as may be necessary or appropriate in order that the Company may validly and legally issue fully paid and nonassessable Warrant Shares upon the exercise of this Warrant, and (c) use commercially reasonable efforts to obtain all such authorizations, exemptions or consents from any public regulatory body having jurisdiction thereof as may be necessary to enable the Company to perform its obligations under this Warrant.
(d) Successors and Assigns. Subject to the restrictions on transfer set forth in this Warrant and in Section 7 of the Purchase Agreement, and compliance with applicable securities laws, this Warrant may be assigned by the Holder. This Warrant may not be assigned by the Company without the written consent of the Holder except to a successor in the event of a Fundamental Transaction. This Warrant shall be binding on and inure to the benefit of the Company and the Holder and their respective successors and permitted assigns. Subject to the preceding sentence, nothing in this Warrant shall be construed to give to any Person other than the Company and the Holder any legal or equitable right, remedy or cause of action under this Warrant. This Warrant may be amended only in writing signed by the Company and the Holder, or their successors and assigns.
(e) Amendment and Waiver. Except as otherwise provided herein, the provisions of the Warrants may be amended and the Company may take any action herein prohibited, or omit to perform any act herein required to be performed by it, only if the Company has obtained the written consent of the Holders of Warrants representing no less than a majority of the Warrant Shares obtainable upon exercise of the Warrants then outstanding.
(f) Acceptance. Receipt of this Warrant by the Holder shall constitute acceptance of and agreement to all of the terms and conditions contained herein.
(g) Governing Law; Jurisdiction. THIS WARRANT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICT OF LAW PRINCIPLES. ANY SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING SEEKING TO ENFORCE ANY PROVISION OF, OR BASED ON ANY MATTER ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH, THIS WARRANT OR THE TRANSACTIONS CONTEMPLATED HEREBY MAY BE BROUGHT IN THE STATE COURTS OF DELAWARE AND THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT LOCATED IN THE STATE OF DELAWARE, AND EACH OF THE PARTIES HEREBY CONSENTS TO THE JURISDICTION OF SUCH COURTS (AND OF THE APPROPRIATE APPELLATE COURTS THEREFROM) IN ANY SUCH SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING AND IRREVOCABLY WAIVES, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ANY OBJECTION WHICH IT MAY NOW OR HEREAFTER HAVE TO THE LAYING OF THE VENUE OF ANY SUCH SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING IN ANY SUCH COURT OR THAT ANY SUCH SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING WHICH IS BROUGHT IN ANY SUCH COURT HAS BEEN BROUGHT IN AN INCONVENIENT FORUM. PROCESS IN ANY SUCH SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING MAY BE SERVED ON ANY PARTY ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, WHETHER WITHIN OR WITHOUT THE JURISDICTION OF ANY SUCH COURT.
(h) Headings. The headings herein are for convenience only, do not constitute a part of this Warrant and shall not be deemed to limit or affect any of the provisions hereof.
(i) Severability. In case any one or more of the provisions of this Warrant shall be invalid or unenforceable in any respect, the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms
and provisions of this Warrant shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby, and the Company and the Holder will attempt in good faith to agree upon a valid and enforceable provision which shall be a commercially reasonable substitute therefor, and upon so agreeing, shall incorporate such substitute provision in this Warrant.
[REMAINDER OF PAGE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK]
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Company has caused this Warrant to be duly executed by its authorized officer as of the date first indicated above.
|MEDAVAIL HOLDINGS, INC.
|/s/ Mark Doerr
| Mark Doerr
| Chief Executive Officer
FORM OF EXERCISE NOTICE
[To be executed by the Holder to purchase shares of Common Stock under the Warrant]
Ladies and Gentlemen:
(1) The undersigned is the Holder of Warrant No. __________ (the “Warrant”) issued by MedAvail Holdings, Inc., a Delaware corporation (the “Company”). Capitalized terms used herein and not otherwise defined herein have the respective meanings set forth in the Warrant.
(2) The undersigned hereby exercises its right to purchase __________ Warrant Shares pursuant to the Warrant.
(3) The Holder shall:
(x) pay the sum of $___________ in immediately available funds to the Company in accordance with the terms of the Warrant; or
(y) if permitted the cancellation of such number of Warrant Shares as is necessary, in accordance with the formula set forth in subsection 4(c), to exercise this Warrant with respect to the maximum number of Warrant Shares purchasable pursuant to the cashless exercise procedure set forth in subsection 4(c).
(5) Pursuant to this Exercise Notice, the Company shall deliver to the Holder Warrant Shares determined in accordance with the terms of the Warrant. The Warrant Shares shall be delivered to the following DWAC Account Number:
(6) [Reserved][ By its delivery of this Exercise Notice, the undersigned represents and warrants to the Company that in giving effect to the exercise evidenced hereby the Holder will not beneficially own in excess of the number of shares of Common Stock (as determined in accordance with Section 13(d) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934) permitted to be owned under Section 11 of the Warrant to which this notice relates]4.
(7) By its delivery of this Exercise Notice and pursuant to Section 4(b) of the Warrant, the undersigned certifies to the Company that its representations contained in Section 3 of the Purchase Agreement are true and correct as of the date hereof as if remade in their entirety (or, in the case of any transferee Holder that is not a party to the Purchase Agreement, such transferee Holder’s certification to the Company that such representations are true and correct as to such transferee Holder as of the date hereof).
Name of Holder: ___________________________
(Signature must conform in all respects to name of Holder as specified on the face of the Warrant)
4 NTD: For <10% holders.
FORM OF ASSIGNMENT
[To be completed and executed by the Holder only upon transfer of the Warrant]
FOR VALUE RECEIVED, the undersigned hereby sells, assigns and transfers unto (the “Transferee”) the right represented by the within Warrant to purchase shares of Common Stock of MedAvail Holdings, Inc. (the “Company”) to which the within Warrant relates and appoints attorney to transfer said right on the books of the Company with full power of substitution in the premises. In connection therewith, the undersigned represents, warrants, covenants and agrees to and with the Company that:
the offer and sale of the Warrant contemplated hereby is being made in compliance with Section 4(a)(1) of the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Securities Act”) or another valid exemption from the registration requirements of Section 5 of the Securities Act and in compliance with all applicable securities laws of the states of the United States;
|the undersigned has not offered to sell the Warrant by any form of general solicitation or general advertising, including, but not limited to, any advertisement, article, notice or other communication published in any newspaper, magazine or similar media or broadcast over television or radio, and any seminar or meeting whose attendees have been invited by any general solicitation or general advertising;
|the undersigned has read the Transferee’s investment letter included herewith, and to its actual knowledge, the statements made therein are true and correct; and
|the undersigned understands that the Company may condition the transfer of the Warrant contemplated hereby upon the delivery to the Company by the undersigned or the Transferee, as the case may be, of a written opinion of counsel (which opinion shall be in form, substance and scope customary for opinions of counsel in comparable transactions) to the effect that such transfer may be made without registration under the Securities Act and under applicable securities laws of the states of the United States.
|(Signature must conform in all respects to name of holder as specified on the face of the Warrant)
|Address of Transferee