NON-COMPETITION AND CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT
THIS NON-COMPETITION and CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT (this Agreement) is entered into on January 26, 2021 and is effective as of February 1, 2021 between Myers Industries, Inc., an Ohio Corporation (the Company) and Sonal Robinson (the Employee).
1. The Company is a diversified international manufacturer of polymer products for the industrial, agricultural, automotive, commercial and consumer markets and distributor of tools, equipment and supplies for tire service and under vehicle repair. The business of the Company is operated by the Company itself and through its various operating divisions, subsidiaries and other affiliated entities, all together with the Company being collectively referred to in this Agreement as the Company Group.
2. Employee is being employed initially as Executive Vice President of Finance and ultimately as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of the Company effective in March 2021, and the execution of this Agreement is a condition of such employment.
3. The Company Group has acquired and established valuable and competitively sensitive information through its business, research, development and practices, which information is described more extensively herein, and is collectively referred to as the Confidential Information. To protect the interests of the Company Group and the competitive advantage derived from the Confidential Information, it is necessary that such Confidential Information be kept secret and confidential.
4. The Employee, from and after the commencement of employment, will be engaged in activities such that the Employee will have extensive access to and become familiar with, and may develop or contribute to, some or all of the Confidential Information. In addition, Employee will have extensive contact with; and/or receive Confidential Information concerning, the customers of the Company Group. The Employee recognizes that the Confidential Information and the Company Groups customer relationships are vital to the success of the Company and that extensive, irreparable harm would result were such Confidential Information to be disclosed outside the Company Group or if Employee were to engage in certain activity which competes with the Company Group members.
NOW, THEREFORE, in view of the above and in consideration for the mutual covenants and promises set forth below, the parties agree as follows:
1. Confidential Information: For purposes of this Agreement, Confidential Information includes, but is not limited to, business plans and strategies, marketing plans and strategies, customer lists, customer purchasing information, customer contact information, product design and development information, methods of operation, technical services, non-public financial information, business development plans and strategies, system analyses, quality control programs and information, computer programs, software and hardware configurations, information regarding the terms of the Company Groups relationships with suppliers, pricing information, processes and techniques, creations, innovations, and any other information which