EX-10.17 2 a2021q4ex1017-employeestoc.htm EX-10.17 EMPLOYEE STOCK PURCHASE PLAN Document
MICRON TECHNOLOGY, INC.
EMPLOYEE STOCK PURCHASE PLAN
(AS AMENDED AND RESTATED EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2021)
1. Introduction; Purpose. On July 6, 2021 the Board adopted this amended and restated Plan, which shall govern all grants of purchase rights on or after August 1, 2021. For the terms and conditions of the Plan applicable to purchase rights granted prior to August 1, 2021, refer to the version of the Plan in effect as of the date such purchase rights were granted. The purpose of the Plan is to provide employees of the Company and its Designated Subsidiaries and Designated Affiliates with an opportunity to purchase shares of Common Stock through accumulated Contributions. This Plan includes two components: a Code Section 423 Component (the "423 Component") and a non-Code Section 423 Component (the "Non-423 Component"). It is the intention of the Company to have the 423 Component qualify as an "employee stock purchase plan" under Section 423 of the Code. The provisions of the 423 Component, accordingly, shall be construed so as to extend and limit participation in a uniform and nondiscriminatory basis consistent with the requirements of Section 423 of the Code. In addition, this Plan authorizes the grant of options under the Non-423 Component that does not qualify as an "employee stock purchase plan" under Section 423 of the Code; such options shall be granted pursuant to rules, procedures or subplans adopted by the Committee designed to achieve tax, securities laws or other objectives for Eligible Employees and the Company. Except as otherwise provided herein, the Non-423 Component will be operated and administered in the same manner as the 423 Component.
(a) "Administrator" means the Committee or, subject to Applicable Laws, one or more of the Company’s officers or management team appointed by the Board or Committee to administer the day-to-day operations of the Plan.
(b) "Affiliate" means (a) any entity that, directly or indirectly, is controlled by, controls or is under common control with, the Company and (b) any entity in which the Company has a significant equity interest, in either case as determined by the Committee, whether now or hereafter existing.
(c) "Applicable Laws" means the requirements relating to the administration of equity-based awards and the related issuance of shares of Common Stock under U.S. state corporate laws, U.S. federal and state securities laws, the Code, the rules of any Exchange or quotation system on which the Common Stock is listed or quoted and the applicable laws of any non-U.S. jurisdiction where options to purchase shares of Common Stock are, or will be, granted under the Plan.
(d) "Board" means the Board of Directors of the Company.
(e) "Code" means the U.S. Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended. Reference to a specific section of the Code or U.S. Treasury Regulation thereunder will include such section or regulation, any valid regulation or other official
applicable guidance promulgated under such section, and any comparable provision of any future legislation or regulation amending, supplementing or superseding such section or regulation.
(f) "Committee" means the Compensation Committee of the Board, or any subcommittee referred to in Section 14(d).
(g) "Common Stock" means the common stock of the Company.
(h) "Company" means Micron Technology, Inc., a Delaware corporation, or any successor thereto.
(i) "Compensation" shall be defined from time to time by the Committee in its sole discretion with respect to any Offering Period. Except as otherwise defined by the Committee from time to time in its sole discretion, "Compensation" means wages and salary. Except as otherwise determined by the Committee, "Compensation" does not include: (1) any bonuses or commissions, (2) overtime pay and regularly paid wage premiums (such as evening or shift premiums), (3) any amounts contributed by the Company or a Designated Subsidiary or Designated Affiliate to any pension plan, (4) any automobile or relocation allowances (or reimbursement for any such expenses), (5) any amounts realized from the exercise of any stock options or other equity incentive awards, (6) any amounts paid by the Company or a Designated Subsidiary or Designated Affiliate for other fringe benefits, such as health and welfare, hospitalization and group life insurance benefits, or perquisites, or paid in lieu of such benefits, or (7) other similar forms of extraordinary compensation. The Administrator shall have the discretion to determine the application of this definition to employees outside the United States.
(j) "Contributions" means the payroll deductions or, if permitted by the Administrator to comply with non-U.S. requirements, amounts contributed to the Plan via cash, check or other means, used to fund the exercise of options granted pursuant to the Plan.
(k) "Designated Affiliate" means any Affiliate that has been designated by the Administrator from time to time in its sole discretion as eligible to participate in the Non-423 Component.
(l) "Designated Subsidiary" means any Subsidiary that has been designated by the Administrator from time to time in its sole discretion as eligible to participate in the 423 Component.
(m) "Designated Percent" means the percentage of Fair Market Value determined by the Administrator for purposes of determining the Purchase Price.
(n) "Effective Date" means the date that the Company’s stockholders approved the Plan, January 17, 2018.
(o) "Eligible Employee" means (i) any individual who is an employee providing services to the Company or a Designated Subsidiary, or (ii) any individual who
is an employee providing services to the Company or any Designated Affiliate, unless any such employee is specifically excluded by the Administrator from participation. The Administrator, in its discretion, from time to time may, prior to an Offering Date for all options to be granted on such Offering Date in an Offering, determine that the definition of Eligible Employee will or will not include an individual if he or she: (i) has not completed at least two (2) years of service since his or her last hire date (or such lesser period of time as may be determined by the Administrator in its discretion), (ii) customarily works not more than twenty (20) hours per week (or such lesser period of time as may be determined by the Administrator in its discretion), (iii) customarily works not more than five (5) months per calendar year (or such lesser period of time as may be determined by the Administrator in its discretion), or (iv) is a highly compensated employee within the meaning of Section 414(q) of the Code, provided that any such exclusion is applied with respect to each Offering in a uniform manner to all similarly-situated employees who otherwise would be Eligible Employees for that Offering. For purposes of the 423 Component, the employment relationship shall be treated as continuing intact while the individual is on military or sick leave or other bona fide leave of absence approved by the Company or the Designated Subsidiary so long as the leave does not exceed three (3) months or if longer than three (3) months, the individual’s right to reemployment is provided by statute or has been agreed to by contract or in a written policy of the Company which provides for a right of reemployment following the leave of absence. The employment relationship shall be treated as continuing intact where an Eligible Employee transfers employment between the Company, Designated Subsidiaries and/or Designated Affiliates; provided, however, that an individual who is not employed by the Company or a Designated Subsidiary on the Offering Date and through a date that is no more than three (3) months prior to the Exercise Date will participate only in the Non-423 Component unless the individual continues to have a right to reemployment with the Company or a Designated Subsidiary provided by statute or contract or in a written policy of the Company which provides for a right of reemployment following the leave of absence. The Administrator shall establish rules to govern other transfers into the 423 Component, and between any separate Offerings established thereunder, consistent with the applicable requirements of Section 423 of the Code.
(p) "Exchange" means any national securities exchange or national market system on which the Stock may from time to time be listed or traded.
(q) "Exchange Act" means the U.S. Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, including the rules and regulations promulgated thereunder.
(r) "Exercise Date" means the last Trading Day of the Offering Period.
(s) "Fair Market Value" means, as of any date and unless the Administrator determines otherwise, (i) if the Common Stock is listed or traded on any Exchange, the closing price for such Common Stock (or the closing bid, if no sales were reported) as quoted on such Exchange (or the Exchange with the greatest volume of trading in the Common Stock) for the last market trading day prior to the day of determination, as reported by Bloomberg L.P. or such other source as the Administrator deems reliable; (ii) if the Common Stock is quoted on the over-the-counter market or is regularly quoted by a recognized securities dealer, but selling prices are not reported,
the Fair Market Value of the Common Stock shall be the mean between the high bid and low asked prices for the Common Stock on the last market trading day prior to the day of determination, as reported by Bloomberg L.P. or such other source as the Administrator deems reliable, or (iii) in the absence of an established market for the Common Stock, the Fair Market Value shall be determined by such other method as the Administrator determines in good faith to be reasonable.
(t) "Maximum Share Amount" means the maximum number of shares of Common Stock that a Participant may purchase on any given Exercise Date, as determined by the Committee in its sole discretion prior to the commencement of the Offering Period.
(u) "New Exercise Date" means a new Exercise Date if the Administrator shortens any Offering Period then in progress.
(v) "Offering" means an offer under the Plan of an option that may be exercised during an Offering Period. For purposes of this Plan, the Committee may designate separate Offerings under the Plan (the terms of which need not be identical) in which Eligible Employees of one or more Designated Subsidiaries or Designated Affiliates will participate, even if the dates of the applicable Offering Periods of each such Offering are identical.
(w) "Offering Date" means the first Trading Day of each Offering Period.
(x) "Offering Periods" means the period of time during which offers to purchase shares of Common Stock are outstanding under the Plan. The Committee shall determine the length of each Offering Period, which need not be uniform; provided that no Offering Period shall exceed twenty-seven (27) months in length. No voluntary payroll deductions shall be solicited until after the effective date of a registration statement on Form S-8 filed under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, covering the shares to be issued under the Plan.
(y) "Parent" means a "parent corporation," whether now or hereafter existing, as defined in Section 424(e) of the Code.
(z) "Participant" means an Eligible Employee that participates in the Plan.
(aa) "Plan" means this Micron Technology, Inc. Employee Stock Purchase Plan, including both the 423 Component and the Non-423 Component.
(bb) "Purchase Price" means the Designated Percent of the Fair Market Value of a share of Common Stock on the Offering Date or on the Exercise Date, whichever is lower. Unless otherwise determined by the Administrator, the Designated Percent for purposes of the foregoing sentence is eighty-five percent (85%). The Administrator may change the Designated Percent for any Offering Period but in no event shall the Designated Percent be less than eighty-five percent (85%). Such Purchase Price may be established by the Committee by any manner or method the
Committee determines, pursuant to Section 14, and subject to (i) with respect to the 423 Component, compliance with Section 423 of the Code (or any successor rule or provision or any other applicable law, regulation or Exchange rule) or (ii) with respect to the Non-423 Component, pursuant to such manner or method as determined by the Committee to comply with applicable local law.
(cc) "Securities Act" means the Securities Act of 1933, as amended from time to time.
(dd) "Subsidiary" means a "subsidiary corporation," whether now or hereafter existing, as defined in Section 424(f) of the Code.
(ee) "Trading Day" means a day on which Nasdaq is open for trading.
(ff) "U.S." means United States.
(gg) "U.S. Treasury Regulations" means the Treasury regulations of the Code. Reference to a specific Treasury Regulation or Section of the Code shall include such Treasury Regulation or Section, any valid regulation promulgated under such Section, and any comparable provision of any future legislation or regulation amending, supplementing or superseding such Section or regulation.
(a) Offering Periods. Any Eligible Employee on a given Offering Date will be eligible to participate in the Plan, subject to the requirements of Section 5, provided, however, that employees who are citizens or residents of a non-U.S. jurisdiction may be excluded from participation in the Plan or an Offering if the participation of such Employees is prohibited under the laws of the applicable jurisdiction or if complying with the laws of the applicable jurisdiction would cause the Plan or an Offering to violate Section 423 of the Code.
(b) Limitations. Any provisions of the Plan to the contrary notwithstanding, no Eligible Employee will be granted an option under the 423 Component of the Plan (i) to the extent that, immediately after the grant, such Eligible Employee (or any other person whose stock would be attributed to such Eligible Employee pursuant to Section 424(d) of the Code) would own capital stock of the Company or any Parent or Subsidiary of the Company and/or hold outstanding options to purchase such stock possessing five percent (5%) or more of the total combined voting power or value of all classes of the capital stock of the Company or of any Parent or Subsidiary of the Company, or (ii) to the extent that his or her rights to purchase stock under all employee stock purchase plans (as defined in Section 423 of the Code) of the Company or any Parent or Subsidiary of the Company accrues at a rate which exceeds twenty-five thousand U.S. dollars (USD 25,000) worth of stock (determined at the Fair Market Value of the stock at the time such option is granted) for each calendar year in which such option is outstanding at any time, as determined in accordance with Section 423 of the Code and the regulations thereunder.
4. Offering Periods. Within the limitations set forth in Section 2(w), the Administrator will have the power to change the duration of Offering Periods (including the commencement dates thereof) without stockholder approval. Any such change shall be announced prior to the scheduled beginning of the first Offering Period to be affected thereafter.
5. Participation. An Eligible Employee may become a participant in the Plan by following an electronic or other enrollment procedure as may be established by the Administrator from time to time.
(a) At the time a Participant enrolls in the Plan pursuant to Section 5, he or she will elect to have Contributions made on each pay day during the Offering Period in an amount not exceeding fifteen percent (15%) of the Compensation which he or she receives on each pay day during the Offering Period. The Administrator may permit Eligible Employees participating in a specified Offering to contribute amounts to the Plan through payment by cash, check or other means to comply with non-U.S. requirements, provided, that such contributions shall not exceed fifteen percent (15%) of the Compensation received each pay period, during the Offering Period. A Participant’s subscription agreement will remain in effect for successive Offering Periods unless terminated as provided in Section 10 hereof.
(b) Payroll deductions or contributions, as applicable, for a Participant will commence on the first pay day following the Offering Date and will end on the last pay day prior to the Exercise Date of such Offering Period to which such authorization is applicable, unless sooner terminated by the Participant as provided in Section 10 hereof.
(c) All Contributions made for a Participant will be credited to his or her account under the Plan and Contributions will be made in whole percentages only.
(d) Subject to Applicable Laws, a Participant may discontinue his or her participation in the Plan as provided in Section 10 by completing any forms and following any procedures (including specified deadlines) established by the Administrator or its designee. The change will become effective as soon as administratively practicable after receipt.
(e) Notwithstanding the foregoing, to the extent necessary to comply with Section 423(b)(8) of the Code and Section 3(b), a Participant’s Contributions may be decreased to zero percent (0%) at any time during an Offering Period. Subject to Section 423(b)(8) of the Code, Contributions will recommence at the rate originally elected by the Participant effective as of the beginning of the first Offering Period scheduled to end in the following calendar year, unless terminated by the Participant as provided in Section 10.
(f) At the time the option is exercised, in whole or in part, or at the time some or all of the Common Stock issued under the Plan is disposed of (or any other time that a taxable event related to the Plan occurs), the Participant must make adequate provision for the Company’s or its Subsidiary’s or Affiliate’s federal, state, local or any other tax liability payable to any authority, national insurance, social security,
payment-on-account or other tax obligations, if any, which arise upon the exercise of the option or the disposition of the Common Stock (or any other time that a taxable event related to the Plan occurs), including, for the avoidance of doubt, any liability of the Participant to pay an employer tax or social insurance contribution obligation, which liability has been shifted to the Participant as a matter of law or contract. At any time, the Company or its Subsidiary or Affiliate, as applicable, may, but will not be obligated to, withhold from the Participant’s compensation the amount necessary for the Company or its Subsidiary or Affiliate, as applicable, to meet applicable withholding obligations, including any withholding required to make available to the Company or its Subsidiary or Affiliate, as applicable, any tax deductions or benefits attributable to sale or early disposition of Common Stock by the Eligible Employee. In addition, the Company or its Subsidiary or Affiliate, as applicable, may (i) withhold from the proceeds of the sale of Common Stock, (ii) withhold a sufficient whole number of shares of Common Stock otherwise issuable following purchase having an aggregate fair market value sufficient to pay applicable withholding obligations, or (iii) may withhold by any other means set forth in the applicable subscription agreement.
7. Grant of Option. On the Offering Date of each Offering Period, each Eligible Employee participating in such Offering Period will be granted an option to purchase on each Exercise Date during such Offering Period (at the applicable Purchase Price) up to a number of shares of Common Stock determined by dividing such Eligible Employee’s Contributions accumulated during such Offering Period prior to such Exercise Date and retained in the Eligible Employee’s account as of the Exercise Date by the applicable Purchase Price; provided that in no event will an Eligible Employee be permitted to purchase during each Offering Period more than the Maximum Share Amount, subject to adjustment pursuant to Section 19(a), and provided further that such purchase will be subject to the limitations set forth in Sections 3(b) and 13. The Eligible Employee may accept the grant of such option by electing to participate in the Plan in accordance with the requirements of Section 5. The Administrator may, for future Offering Periods, increase or decrease, in its absolute discretion, the maximum number of shares of Common Stock that an Eligible Employee may purchase during each Offering Period. Exercise of the option will occur as provided in Section 8, unless the Participant has withdrawn pursuant to Section 10. The option will expire on the last day of the Offering Period.
8. Exercise of Option.
(a) Unless a Participant withdraws from the Plan as provided in Section 10, his or her option for the purchase of shares of Common Stock will be exercised automatically on the Exercise Date, and the maximum number of full shares subject to the option will be purchased for such Participant at the applicable Purchase Price with the accumulated Contributions from his or her account; provided that in no event will an Eligible Employee be permitted to purchase during each Offering Period more than the Maximum Share Amount, subject to adjustment pursuant to Section 19(a), and provided further that such purchase will be subject to the limitations set forth in Sections 3(b) and 13. No fractional shares of Common Stock will be purchased. Any Contributions accumulated in a Participant’s account which are not sufficient to purchase a full share will, at the discretion of the Administrator, be refunded to the Participant, without interest, or be retained in the Participant’s account for the subsequent Offering Period. During a Participant’s lifetime, a Participant’s option to purchase shares hereunder is exercisable only by him or her.
(b) In the event that the number of shares of Common Stock to be purchased by all Participants in any Offering Period exceeds the number of shares of Common Stock then available for issuance under the Plan, (i) the Company shall make a pro rata allocation of the remaining shares of Common Stock in as uniform a manner as shall be practicable and as the Committee shall, in its sole discretion, determine to be equitable and (ii) all funds not used to purchase shares of Common Stock on the Exercise Date shall be returned, without interest to the Participants.
9. Delivery. By enrolling in the Plan, each Participant shall be deemed to have authorized the establishment of a brokerage account on his or her behalf at a securities brokerage firm selected by the Company. As soon as reasonably practicable after each Exercise Date on which a purchase of shares of Common Stock occurs, the Company shall arrange for the delivery to each Participant of the shares of Common Stock purchased upon exercise of his or her option to the Participant’s brokerage or Plan share account in a form determined by the Company. Notwithstanding any other provision of the Plan, unless otherwise determined by the Administrator or required by any applicable law, rule or regulation, the Company shall not deliver to any Participant certificates evidencing shares of Common Stock issued in connection with any purchase under the Plan, and instead such shares of Common Stock shall be recorded in the books of the brokerage firm or, as applicable, the Company, its transfer agent, stock plan administrator or such other outside entity which is not a brokerage firm.
(a) A Participant may withdraw all but not less than all the Contributions credited to his or her account and not yet used to exercise his or her option under the Plan at any time by following an electronic or other withdrawal procedure determined by the Administrator from time to time. All of the Participant’s Contributions credited to his or her account will, at the discretion of the Administrator, (i) be retained in Participant’s account and used to purchase shares of Common Stock at the next Exercise Date, or (ii) be paid to such Participant as soon as reasonably practicable after receipt of notice of withdrawal and such Participant’s options for the Offering Period shall be terminated automatically, and no further payroll deductions or contributions for the purchase of shares of Common Stock shall be made for such Offering Period. If a Participant withdraws from an Offering Period, Contributions will not resume at the beginning of the succeeding Offering Period, unless the Participant re-enrolls in the Plan as prescribed by the Administrator from time to time.
(b) A Participant’s withdrawal from an Offering Period will not have any effect upon his or her eligibility to participate in any similar plan that may hereafter be adopted by the Company or in succeeding Offering Periods that commence after the termination of the Offering Period from which the Participant withdraws.
11. Termination of Employment. Unless otherwise determined by the Administrator, upon a Participant’s ceasing to be an Eligible Employee for any reason, he or she will be deemed to have elected to withdraw from the Plan and the Contributions credited to such Participant’s account during the Offering Period but not yet used to purchase shares of Common Stock under the Plan will be returned to such Participant or, in the case of his or her death, to the person or persons entitled thereto under Section 15, and such Participant’s option will be
automatically terminated. Unless determined otherwise by the Administrator in a manner that is permitted by, and compliant with, Section 423 of the Code, a Participant whose employment transfers between entities through a termination with an immediate rehire (with no break in service) by the Company or a Designated Subsidiary or Designated Affiliate shall not be treated as terminated under the Plan.
12. Interest. No interest will accrue on the Contributions of a Participant in the Plan, except as may be required by applicable law, as determined by the Administrator.
13. Stock. Subject to adjustment as provided in Section 19 hereof, the maximum number of shares of Common Stock that will be made available for sale under the Plan will be 33,000,000 shares of Common Stock. The limitation set forth in this section may be used to satisfy purchases of shares of Common Stock under either the 423 Component or the Non-423 Component of the Plan.
(a) Unless otherwise designated by the Board, the Committee shall serve as the Administrator. The Administrator will have full and exclusive discretionary authority to construe, interpret and apply the terms of the Plan, to designate separate Offerings under the Plan, to designate Subsidiaries or Affiliates as participating in the Plan, to determine eligibility and adjudicate all disputed claims filed under the Plan, including whether Eligible Employees shall participate in the 423 Component or the Non-423 Component and which entities shall be Designated Subsidiaries or Designated Affiliates, and to establish such procedures that it deems necessary for the administration of the Plan. Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary in this Plan, the Administrator may adopt rules or procedures relating to the operation and administration of the Plan to accommodate the specific requirements of local laws and procedures for jurisdictions outside of the United States. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Committee is specifically authorized to adopt rules, procedures and subplans, which, for purposes of the Non-423 Component, may be outside the scope of Section 423 of the Code, regarding, without limitation, eligibility to participate, the definition of Compensation, handling of Contributions, making of Contributions to the Plan (including, without limitation, in forms other than payroll deductions), establishment of bank or trust accounts to hold Contributions, payment of interest, conversion of local currency, obligations to pay payroll tax, determination of beneficiary designation requirements, withholding procedures and handling of stock certificates that vary with applicable local requirements.
(b) Every finding, decision and determination made by the Administrator will, to the full extent permitted by law, be final and binding upon all parties, including the Company, Designated Subsidiary, Designated Affiliate, Participant, Eligible Employee, or any beneficiary of such person, as applicable.
(c) To the extent allowable pursuant to applicable law, each member of the Board, the Committee, the Administrator or any employee of the Company, a Designated Subsidiary, or a Designated Affiliate (each such person, a "Covered Person") shall be indemnified and held harmless by the Company from any loss, cost, liability, or expense that may be imposed upon or reasonably incurred by such Covered Person in
connection with or resulting from any claim, action, suit, or proceeding to which he or she may be a party or in which he or she may be involved by reason of any action or failure to act pursuant to the Plan and against and from any and all amounts paid by him or her in satisfaction of judgment in such action, suit, or proceeding against him or her; provided, however, that he or she has acted in accordance with his or her duties and responsibilities to the Company under applicable law, and provided that he or she gives the Company an opportunity, at its own expense, to handle and defend any claim, action, suit, or proceeding to which he or she is a party before he or she undertakes to handle and defend it on his or her own behalf. The foregoing right of indemnification shall not be exclusive of any other rights of indemnification to which such Covered Persons may be entitled pursuant to the Company’s Certificate of Incorporation or Bylaws, as a matter of law, or otherwise, or any power that the Company may have to indemnify them or hold them harmless.
(d) To the extent not prohibited by Applicable Law, the Committee may, from time to time, delegate some or all of its authority under the Plan to a subcommittee or subcommittees of the Committee, the Administrator or other persons or groups of persons as it deems necessary, appropriate or advisable under conditions or limitations that it may set at or after the time of the delegation. For purposes of the Plan, reference to the Committee will be deemed to refer to any subcommittee, subcommittees, or other persons or groups of persons to whom the Committee delegates authority pursuant to this Section 14(d).
15. Designation of Beneficiary.
(a) If permitted by the Administrator, a Participant may file a designation of a beneficiary who is to receive any shares of Common Stock and cash, if any, from the Participant’s account under the Plan in the event of such Participant’s death subsequent to an Exercise Date on which the option is exercised but prior to delivery to such Participant of such shares and cash. In addition, if permitted by the Administrator, a Participant may file a designation of a beneficiary who is to receive any cash from the Participant’s account under the Plan in the event of such Participant’s death prior to exercise of the option. If a Participant is married and the designated beneficiary is not the spouse, spousal consent will be required for such designation to be effective.
(b) Such designation of beneficiary, if permitted, may be changed by the Participant at any time by notice in a form determined by the Administrator. In the event of the death of a Participant and in the absence of a beneficiary validly designated under the Plan who is living at the time of such Participant’s death, the Company will deliver such shares and/or cash to the executor or administrator of the estate of the Participant, or if no such executor or administrator has been appointed (to the knowledge of the Company), the Company, in its discretion, may deliver such shares and/or cash to the spouse or to any one or more dependents or relatives of the Participant, or if no spouse, dependent or relative is known to the Company, then to such other person as the Company may designate.
(c) All beneficiary designations will be in such form and manner as the Administrator may designate from time to time.
16. Transferability. Neither Contributions credited to a Participant’s account nor any rights with regard to the exercise of an option or to receive shares of Common Stock under the Plan may be assigned, transferred, pledged or otherwise disposed of in any way (other than by will, the laws of descent and distribution or as provided in Section 15 hereof) by the Participant. Any such attempt at assignment, transfer, pledge or other disposition will be without effect, except that the Company may treat such act as an election to withdraw funds from an Offering Period in accordance with Section 10 hereof.
17. Use of Funds. The Company may use all Contributions received or held by it under the Plan for any corporate purpose, and the Company will not be obligated to segregate such Contributions, except as may be required by applicable local law, as determined by the Administrator. Until shares of Common Stock are issued, Participants will only have the rights of an unsecured creditor with respect to the Plan, although Participants in specified Offerings may have additional rights where required under local law, as determined by the Administrator.
18. Reports. Individual accounts will be maintained for each Participant in the Plan. Statements of account will be given to participating Eligible Employees at least annually, which statements will set forth the amounts of Contributions, the Purchase Price, the number of shares of Common Stock purchased and the remaining cash balance, if any.
19. Adjustments; Dissolution or Liquidation; Corporate Transactions.
(a) Adjustments. Subject to any required action by the shareholders of the Company, the maximum number of shares of Common Stock that shall be made available for sale under the Plan, the maximum number of shares of Common Stock that each Participant may purchase during the Offering Period pursuant to the Maximum Share Amount or over a calendar year under the USD 25,000 limitation (pursuant to Section 3(b)) and the per share price used to determine the Purchase Price shall be proportionately adjusted for any increase or decrease in the number of issued shares of Common Stock resulting from any nonreciprocal transaction between the Company and its shareholders, (such as a stock dividend, stock split, spin-off, rights offering or recapitalization through a large, nonrecurring cash dividend), that affects the Common Stock (or other securities of the Company) or the price of shares of Common Stock (or other securities) and causes a change in the per share value of the Common Stock underlying outstanding options. Such adjustment shall be made by the Administrator, whose determination in that respect shall be final, binding and conclusive. Except as expressly provided herein, no issuance by the Company of shares of stock of any class, or securities convertible into shares of stock of any class, shall affect, and no adjustment by reason thereof shall be made with respect to, the number or price of shares of Common Stock subject to an option.
(b) Dissolution or Liquidation. In the event of the proposed dissolution or liquidation of the Company, any Offering Period then in progress will be shortened by setting a New Exercise Date, and will terminate immediately prior to the consummation of such proposed dissolution or liquidation, unless provided otherwise by the Administrator. The New Exercise Date will be before the date of the Company’s proposed dissolution or liquidation. The Administrator will notify each Participant in writing or electronically, prior to the New Exercise Date, that the Exercise Date for the
Participant’s option has been changed to the New Exercise Date and that the Participant’s option will be exercised automatically on the New Exercise Date, unless prior to such date the Participant has withdrawn from the Offering Period as provided in Section 10 hereof.
(c) Certain Corporate Transactions. In the event of a reorganization, merger, or consolidation of the Company with one or more corporations in which the Company is not the surviving corporation (or survives as a direct or indirect subsidiary of such other constituent corporation or its parent), or upon a sale of substantially all of the property or stock of the Company to another corporation, each outstanding option will be assumed or an equivalent option substituted by the successor corporation or a Parent or Subsidiary of the successor corporation. In the event that the successor corporation refuses to assume or substitute for the option, the Offering Period with respect to which such option relates will be shortened by setting a New Exercise Date on which such Offering Period shall end. The New Exercise Date will occur before the date of the Company’s proposed merger or Change in Control. The Administrator will notify each Participant in writing or electronically prior to the New Exercise Date, that the Exercise Date for the Participant’s option has been changed to the New Exercise Date and that the Participant’s option will be exercised automatically on the New Exercise Date, unless prior to such date the Participant has withdrawn from the Offering Period as provided in Section 10 hereof.
20. Amendment or Termination.
(a) Subject to any applicable law or government regulation and to the rules of any Exchange or quotation system on which the shares of Common Stock may be listed or quoted, the Plan may be amended, modified, suspended or terminated by the Board without the approval of the shareholders of the Company. Except as provided in Section 19, no amendment may make any change in any option previously granted which adversely affects the rights of any Participant or any beneficiary (as applicable) without the consent of the affected Participant or beneficiary. To the extent necessary to comply with Section 423 of the Code (or any successor rule or provision or any other applicable law, regulation or Exchange rule), the Company shall obtain shareholder approval of any amendment in such a manner and to such a degree as required.
(b) Without shareholder approval and without regard to whether any Participant rights may be considered to have been "adversely affected," the Administrator or its delegate, to the extent permitted under the terms of the Plan, applicable law, the Bylaws of the Company and under the Committee charter, may change the Offering Periods, limit the frequency or number of changes in the amount withheld during an Offering Period, establish the exchange rate applicable to amounts withheld in a currency other than U.S. dollars, permit payroll withholding in excess of the amount designated by a Participant to adjust for delays or mistakes in the Company’s processing of properly completed Contribution elections, establish reasonable waiting and adjustment periods and/or accounting and crediting procedures to ensure that amounts applied toward the purchase of shares of Common Stock for each Participant properly correspond with amounts withheld from the Participant’s Compensation, and establish such other limitations or procedures as the Committee deems appropriate.
21. Notices. All notices or other communications by a Participant to the Company under or in connection with the Plan will be deemed to have been duly given when received in the form and manner specified by the Company at the location, or by the person, designated by the Company for the receipt thereof.
22. Conditions Upon Issuance of Shares. Shares of Common Stock will not be issued with respect to an option unless the exercise of such option and the issuance and delivery of such shares pursuant thereto will comply with all applicable provisions of U.S. and non-U.S. law, including, without limitation, the Securities Act, the Exchange Act, the rules and regulations promulgated thereunder, and the requirements of any Exchange, and will be further subject to the approval of counsel for the Company with respect to such compliance. As a condition to the exercise of an option, the Company may require the person exercising such option to represent and warrant at the time of any such exercise that the shares are being purchased only for investment and without any present intention to sell or distribute such shares if, in the opinion of counsel for the Company, such a representation is required by any of the aforementioned applicable provisions of law.
23. Notification of Sale of Shares of Common Stock. Each Participant shall give the Administrator prompt notice of any disposition of Common Stock acquired pursuant to the option granted under the Plan in accordance with such procedures as may be established by the Administrator. The Administrator may require that until such time as a Participant disposes of shares of Common Stock acquired pursuant to the option granted under the Plan, the Participant shall hold all such shares of Common Stock in the Participant's name and with a third-party broker/administrator designated by the Company until the lapse of any time period(s) established by the Administrator.
24. Clawback/Recoupment Policy. Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary, all shares of Common Stock acquired pursuant to the Plan shall be and remain subject to any incentive compensation clawback or recoupment policy currently in effect or as may be adopted by the Board and, in each case, as may be amended from time to time. No such policy adoption or amendment shall in any event require the prior consent of any Participant.
25. Code Section 409A; Tax Qualification.
(a) Options granted under the 423 Component are exempt from the application of Section 409A of the Code. Options granted under the Non-423 Component to U.S. taxpayers are intended to be exempt from the application of Section 409A under the short-term deferral exception and any ambiguities shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with such intent. Subject to Section 23(b), options granted to U.S. taxpayers under the Non-423 Component are subject to such terms and conditions that will permit such options to satisfy the requirements of the short-term deferral exception available under Section 409A of the Code, including the requirement that the shares of Common Stock subject to an option be delivered within the short-term deferral period. Subject to Section 23(b), in the case of a Participant who would otherwise be subject to Section 409A of the Code, to the extent the Company determines that an option or the exercise, payment, settlement or deferral is subject to Section 409A of the Code, the option shall be granted, exercised, paid, settled or deferred in a manner that will comply with Section 409A of the Code, including Department of Treasury regulations and other interpretive guidance issued thereunder, including without limitation any such regulations
or other guidance that may be issued after the Effective Date. Anything in the foregoing to the contrary notwithstanding, the Company shall have no liability to a Participant or any other party if the option that is intended to be exempt from, or compliant with Section 409A of the Code is not so exempt or compliant or for any action taken by the Company with respect thereto.
(b) Although the Company may endeavor to (i) qualify an option for favorable tax treatment under the laws of the U.S. or jurisdictions outside of the U.S. or (ii) avoid adverse tax treatment (e.g., under Section 409A of the Code), the Company makes no representation to that effect and expressly disavows any covenant to maintain favorable or avoid unfavorable tax treatment, notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Plan, including Section 26(a). The Company is not constrained in its corporate activities by any potential negative tax impact on Participants under the Plan.
26. Term of Plan. The Plan became effective as of the Effective Date and will continue in effect through the tenth (10th) anniversary thereof, unless sooner terminated under Section 20.
27. Stockholder Approval. The Plan was approved by the stockholders of the Company on January 17, 2018.
28. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. The Plan shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the U.S. State of Delaware (except its choice-of-law provisions). The jurisdiction and venue for any disputes arising under, or any action brought to enforce (or otherwise relating to) this Plan shall be exclusively in the courts in the U.S. State of Idaho, County of Ada including the U.S. federal courts located therein (should federal jurisdiction exist).
29. No Right to Employment. Participation in the Plan by a Participant shall not be construed as giving a Participant the right to be retained as an employee of the Company, a Subsidiary or an Affiliate, as applicable. Furthermore, the Company, a Subsidiary or an Affiliate may dismiss a Participant from employment at any time, free from any liability or any claim under the Plan.
30. Severability. If any provision of the Plan is or becomes or is deemed to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable for any reason in any jurisdiction or as to any Participant, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect the remaining parts of the Plan, and the Plan shall be construed and enforced as to such jurisdiction or Participant as if the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision had not been included.
31. Compliance with Applicable Laws. The terms of this Plan are intended to comply with all Applicable Laws and will be construed accordingly.