Executive Employment Agreement, dated December 12, 2018, between Mastech InfoTrellis Inc. and Paul Burton
EXECUTIVE EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT
This Agreement is made as of the latest date indicated below between Mastech InfoTrellis, Inc., a Delaware corporation (hereinafter called the Company) and the undersigned employee, Paul Burton (hereinafter called the Executive).
WHEREAS, this Agreement is a term and condition of Executives employment and is made in consideration for employment, wages and benefits offered to Executive contemporaneously with this Agreement; and
WHEREAS, this Agreement is necessary for the protection of the legitimate and protectible business interests of Company and its Affiliates (as hereinafter defined) in their customers, prospective customers, accounts and confidential, proprietary and trade secret information.
NOW THEREFORE, for the consideration set forth herein, the receipt and sufficiency of which are acknowledged by the parties, and intending to be legally bound hereby, Company and Executive agree as follows:
1.1. Affiliate shall mean and include Parent and any corporation, trade or business which is, as of the date of this Agreement, with Company, part of a group of corporations, trades or businesses connected through common ownership with Parent, where more than 50% of the stock or other equity interests of each member of the group (other than Parent) are owned, directly or indirectly, by one or more other members of the group.
1.2. Board shall mean the Board of Directors of Parent.
1.3. Cause shall mean (i) Executives commission of a crime involving moral turpitude, theft, fraud or deceit; (ii) Executives conduct which brings Company or any Affiliate into public disgrace or disrepute and that is demonstrably and materially injurious to the business interest of Company or any Affiliate; (iii) the substantial or continued unwillingness of Executive to perform duties as reasonably directed by Executives supervisors or the Board; (iv) Executives gross negligence or deliberate misconduct; or (v) any material breach by Executive of Paragraphs 5 or 6 of this Agreement, or Executives Confidential Information and Intellectual Property Protection Agreement.
1.4. Change of Control shall mean (i) the consummation of a reorganization, merger or consolidation or similar form of corporate transaction, involving Company or any of its subsidiaries (a Business Combination), in each case, with respect to which all or substantially all of the individuals and entities who were the respective beneficial owners of the outstanding common stock immediately prior to such Business Combination do not, immediately following such Business Combination, beneficially own, directly or indirectly, more than fifty percent (50%) of, respectively, the then outstanding shares of common stock and the combined voting power of the then outstanding voting securities entitled to vote generally in the election of directors, as the case may be, of the corporation resulting from such Business Combination; or (ii) the complete liquidation or dissolution of Company or sale or other disposition of all or substantially all of the assets of Company other than to a corporation with respect to which,
following such sale or disposition, more than fifty percent (50%) of, respectively, the then outstanding shares of common stock and the combined voting power of the then outstanding voting securities entitled to vote generally in the election of directors is then owned beneficially, directly or indirectly, by all or substantially all of the individuals and entities who were the beneficial owners, respectively, of the common stock of Company immediately prior to such sale or disposition. Notwithstanding the foregoing, a Change of Control will not be deemed to have occurred unless such event would also be a Change in Control under Code Section 409A or would otherwise be a permitted distribution event under Code Section 409A.
1.5. Code shall mean the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended from time to time.
1.6. Confidential Information shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, any information which may include, in whole or part, information concerning Companys and its Affiliates accounts, sales, sales volume, sales methods, sales proposals, customers or prospective customers, prospect lists, manuals, formulae, products, processes, methods, financial information or data, compositions, ideas, improvements, inventions, research, computer programs, computer related information or data, system documentation, software products, patented products, copyrighted information, know-how and operating methods and any other trade secret or proprietary information belonging to Company or any Affiliate or relating to Companys or any Affiliates affairs that is not public information.
1.7. Customer(s) shall mean any individual, corporation, partnership, business or other entity, whether for-profit or not-for-profit (i) whose existence and business is known to Executive as a result of Executives access to Companys and its Affiliates business information, Confidential Information, customer lists or customer account information; (ii) that is a business entity or individual with whom Company or any Affiliate has contracted or negotiated during Executives employment (or following Executives termination of employment, during the one (1) year period preceding such termination; or (iii) who is or becomes a prospective client, customer or acquisition candidate of Company or any Affiliate during the period of Executives employment,
1.8. Competing Business shall mean any individual, corporation, partnership, business or other entity which operates or attempts to operate a business which provides, designs, develops, markets, engages in, produces or sells any products, services, or businesses which are the same or similar to those produced, marketed, invested in or sold by Company or any Affiliate.
1.9. Good Reason shall mean, without the written consent of Executive, (i) a material diminution of Executives job responsibilities; (ii) a material reduction in Executives base salary, unless such reduction is part of a reduction in compensation for all employees of Company in general; (iii) the geographic relocation of Executives principal place of employment greater than fifty (50) miles from Companys offices in the Greater Atlanta, GA area, Chicago, Illinois or Moon Township, Pennsylvania; or (iv) material breach by Company of this Agreement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Good Reason shall not be deemed to exist unless notice of termination on account thereof is given no later than sixty (60) days after the time at which the event or condition purportedly giving rise to Good Reason first occurs or arises; and,
provided that if there exists an event or condition that constitutes Good Reason, Company shall have thirty (30) days from the date notice of such a termination is given to cure such event or condition and, if Company does so, such event or condition shall not constitute Good Reason hereunder. If Company fails to timely cure such act or failure to act, Executive may terminate employment for Good Reason.
1.10. Parent shall mean Mastech Digital, Inc. or any successor.
1.11. Termination Date means the date Executives employment with Company is terminated for any reason.
2.1. TERM OF EMPLOYMENT. Executives employment under this Agreement shall commence on January 7, 2019 (the Effective Date) and shall continue until terminated as provided under Paragraph 7 (the Term of Employment). Executive acknowledges and agrees that nothing herein guarantees Executive continued employment by Company for any specified or intended term, and that his employment and this Agreement may be terminated by Company at any time.
2.2. DUTIES. Subject to the terms and provisions set forth in this Agreement, during the Term of Employment, Executive shall be employed in the position set forth on Schedule A, as amended from time to time. Executive shall have the duties, responsibilities and authority normally associated with such position and such position and such other duties and responsibilities as are assigned by the Parents Chief Executive Officer, Parents Board of Directors or its designee from time to time. Executive agrees to be responsible for such duties as are commensurate with and required by such position and any other duties as may be assigned to Executive by Company from time to time. Executive further agrees to perform Executives duties in a diligent, trustworthy, loyal, businesslike, productive, and efficient manner and to use Executives best efforts to advance the business and goodwill of Company and its Affiliates. Executive further agrees to devote all of Executives business time, skill, energy and attention exclusively to the business of Company and to comply with all rules, regulations and procedures of Company. During the Term of Employment, Executive will not engage in any other business for Executives own account or accept any employment from any other business entity, or render any services, give any advice or serve in a consulting capacity, whether gratuitously or otherwise, to or for any other person, firm or corporation, other than as a volunteer for charitable organizations, without the prior written approval of Company, which shall not be unreasonably withheld. Executives duties shall be performed at Companys offices in the Greater Atlanta, GA with regular visits to Companys offices in the United States, Canada and India. Reasonable periods of other business travel are expected.
3. COMPENSATION AND OTHER BENEFITS.
3.1. Executives compensation as of the date of this Agreement is as set forth on Schedule A-1 hereto. Said compensation is subject to being reviewed and modified annually by Company. Any changes to compensation will be set forth in a revised Schedule A, with each subsequently issued Schedule A increasing in numeration. Company shall be entitled to withhold from any payments to Executive pursuant to the provisions of this Agreement any amounts required by any applicable taxing or other authority, or any amounts payable by Executive to Company or any Affiliate. .
3.2. ANNUAL BONUS. During the Term of Employment, Executive shall be eligible to earn an annual performance bonus, subject to the attainment of annual performance goals as determined by the Board. Executives annual target bonus shall be set forth on the last issued Schedule A.
3.3. EQUITY. On the Effective Date, Executive shall receive an award of a non-qualified stock option to purchase 200,000 shares of Parent common stock, subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Non-Qualified Stock Option Agreements. Thereafter, during the Term of Employment, Executive shall be eligible to receive non-qualified stock options and other awards pursuant to Companys Stock Incentive Plan in a manner and amount determined by the Compensation Committee in its sole discretion.
3.4. BENEFIT PLANS. During the Term of Employment, Executive shall be eligible to participate in and be covered on the same basis as other executives of Company, under all employee benefit plans and programs maintained by Company at any time or from time to time in accordance with the terms of Companys applicable benefit plans and policies.
3.5. EXPENSES. During the Term of Employment, Company shall, subject to Paragraph 20, pay or reimburse Executive for all properly documented expenses reasonably related to Executives performance of Executives duties hereunder in accordance with Companys standard policies and practices as in effect from time to time.
4. POLICIES AND PRACTICES. Executive agrees to abide by all Company rules, regulations, policies, practices and procedures, of which he shall be given notice by Company, which Company may amend from time to time.
5. AGREEMENT NOT TO COMPETE. In order to protect the business interests and goodwill of Company and its Affiliates with respect to Customers and accounts, and to protect Confidential Information, Executive covenants and agrees that for the entire period of Executives employment, and for a period of one (1) year (except in the case of Subsection 5.3 below which shall have a restriction period of six (6) months) after termination of Executives employment for any reason, Executive will not:
5.1. directly or indirectly employ, or knowingly permit any company or business directly or indirectly controlled by Executive to employ any person who is employed by Company or any Affiliate at any time during the term of Executives employment, or in any manner facilitate the leaving of any such person from his or her employment with Company or any Affiliate;
5.2. directly or indirectly interfere with or attempt to disrupt the relationship, contractual or otherwise, between Company or any Affiliate and any of its employees or solicit, induce, or attempt to induce employees of Company or any Affiliate to terminate employment with Company or Affiliate and become self-employed or employed with others in the same or similar business or any product line or service provided by Company or any Affiliate; or
5.3. directly or indirectly engage in any activity or business as a consultant, independent contractor, agent, employee, officer, partner, director or otherwise, alone or in association with any other person, corporation or other entity, in any Competing Business operating within the United States or any other country.
Executive acknowledges that Company and its Affiliates are engaged in business throughout the United States, as well as in other countries and that the marketplace for Companys and its Affiliates products and services is worldwide. Executive further covenants and agrees that the geographic, length of term and types of activities restrictions (non-competition restrictions) contained in this Agreement are reasonable and necessary to protect the legitimate business interests of Company and its Affiliates because of the scope of Companys and the Affiliates businesses.
The terms and provisions of this Paragraph 5 are intended to be separate and divisible provisions and if, for any reason, any one or more of them is held to be invalid or unenforceable, neither the validity nor the enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement shall thereby be affected. If for any reason any court of competent jurisdiction shall find any provisions of this Paragraph 5 unreasonable in duration or geographic scope or otherwise, the restrictions and prohibitions contained herein shall be effective to the fullest extent allowed under applicable law in such jurisdiction.
If Executive violates the provisions of this Paragraph 5, the periods described therein shall be extended by that number of days which equals the aggregate of all days during which at any time any such violations occurred. Executive acknowledges that the offer of employment by Company, or any other consideration offered for signing this agreement, is sufficient consideration for Executives agreement to the restrictive covenants set forth in this Paragraph 5, and that each Affiliate is an intended third-party beneficiary of such covenants with a separate and independent right to enforce the same. Executive agrees that Executives signing of an employment agreement containing the restrictive covenants set forth herein was a condition precedent to Executives continued employment with Company.
6. NONDISCLOSURE AND NONUSE OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. Executive covenants and agrees during Executives employment or any time after the termination of such employment, not to communicate or divulge to any person, firm, corporation or business entity, either directly or indirectly, and to hold in strict confidence for the benefit of Company, all Confidential Information except that Executive may disclose such Confidential Information to persons, firms or corporations who need to know such Confidential Information during the course and within the scope of Executives employment. Executive will not use any Confidential Information for any purpose or for Executives personal benefit other than in the course and within the scope of Executives employment. Executive agrees to sign and abide by the terms and conditions of Companys Confidential Information and Intellectual Property Protection Agreement, a copy of which is attached hereto as Schedule B and incorporated as though fully set forth herein.
7. TERMINATION. The Term of Employment under this Agreement may be terminated by either party with or without Cause or for any or no reason. Upon the occurrence of the Termination Date, Executive shall and shall be deemed to have immediately resigned from any and all officer, director and other positions he then holds with Company and its Affiliates (and this Agreement shall act as notice of resignation by Executive without any further action required by Executive). Except as specifically provided in this Paragraph 7, all other rights Executive may have to compensation and benefits from Company or its Affiliates shall terminate immediately upon the Termination Date.
7.1. TERMINATION FOR CAUSE. Executive may be terminated from employment by Company with Cause. In the event that Executive is terminated with Cause, Company may immediately cease payment of any further wages, benefits or other compensation hereunder other than salary and benefits (excluding options) earned through the Termination Date (the Accrued Obligations). Executive acknowledges that Executive has continuing obligations under this Agreement including, but not limited to Paragraphs 5, 6 and 7, in the event that Executive is terminated with Cause.
7.2. VOLUNTARY TERMINATION WITHOUT GOOD REASON. Upon 30 days prior written notice to Company, Executive shall have the right to voluntarily terminate his employment hereunder for other than Good Reason. Upon receipt of Executives notice of voluntary termination, Company at its sole discretion may elect to reduce the notice period and no such action by Company shall cause Executives termination to be a termination by Company without Cause. In such event of Executives voluntary termination, Executive shall be entitled to the Accrued Obligations earned through the Termination Date.
7.3. TERMINATION DUE TO DEATH. In the event of Executives death during the Term of Employment, Executives employment hereunder shall be terminated and Executives estate shall be entitled to the Accrued Obligations earned through the Termination Date.
7.4. TERMINATION WITHOUT CAUSE; TERMINATION FOR GOOD REASON PRIOR TO A CHANGE OF CONTROL. Company may terminate Executives employment without Cause and Executive may terminate his employment for Good Reason. If, during the Term of Employment, Executives employment is terminated by Company without Cause or by Executive for Good Reason (in either case, other than within 12 months after a Change of Control), Executive will be entitled to the following:
(a) The Accrued Obligations earned through the Termination Date;
(b) Base Salary continuation for:
(i) three (3) months payable under the normal payroll practice of Company if termination occurs prior to completing twelve-months of employment, as measured by the effective date of this Agreement;
(ii) six (6) months payable under the normal payroll practice of Company if termination occurs between completion of twelve-months, one day and twenty-four months of employment, as measured by the effective date of this Agreement; or
(iii) twelve (12) months payable under the normal payroll practice of Company if termination occurs after completion of twenty-four months, one day of employment, as measured by the effective date of this Agreement
(c) if Executives employment terminates or is terminated as set forth in this Paragraph 7.4, on or after the first anniversary of the Effective Date, a payment equal to 50% of the Target Bonus, to be paid in lump sum in accordance with the normal payroll practice of Company (collectively, with the payment set forth in Paragraph 7.4(b), the Severance Payment); and
(d) Continued coverage under Companys medical benefit plan after the Termination Date for Executive and his eligible dependents, as and when provided under the Severance Policy (defined below), and subject to the payment of applicable premiums or other costs, all in accordance with the terms of the Severance Policy and the applicable benefit plans (including, without limitation, cessation of such benefits due to receiving similar benefit coverage from a new employer) with such modifications as are necessary to comply with the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 (COBRA).;
Executive further acknowledges that Companys obligations under this Paragraph 7.4, are contingent upon and subject to Executives signing (and not revoking) an agreement and release of all claims against Company in a form similar to the one attached hereto as Schedule C (or such other form acceptable to Company) (the Release), and the Release becoming effective in accordance with its terms prior to the sixtieth (60th) day following the Termination Date. The Severance Payment will commence or be made, as applicable, once the Release becomes effective. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if the 60 day period following Executives termination ends in a calendar year after the year in which Executives employment terminates, the Severance Payments shall commence or be made no earlier than the first day of such later calendar year.
7.5. TERMINATION WITHOUT CAUSE; TERMINATION FOR GOOD REASON AFTER A CHANGE OF CONTROL. If, during the Term of Employment, Executives employment is terminated by Company without Cause or by Executive for Good Reason (in either case, within 12 months after a Change of Control), Executive will be entitled to the following in lieu of the payments and benefits to which Executive would otherwise be entitled upon such termination in accordance with Paragraph 7.4:
(a) The Accrued Obligations earned through the Termination Date;
(b) a lump sum payment equal to one (1) times the sum of (i) Executives average annual Base Salary for the last three (3) years (including the year of termination); and (ii) Executives average annual performance-based cash bonus received for the prior three (3) years (not including the year of termination) (the CIC Severance Payment);
(c) Payment by Company of the premiums required to continue Executives and his eligible dependents group health care (medical, dental, and vision) coverage under the applicable provisions of COBRA, provided that Executive timely elects to continue such coverage under COBRA, for a period ending on the first to occur of (i) the date twenty-four
(24) months following Executives termination of employment; and (ii) the date Executive becomes eligible for health care coverage through another employer, provided that the amount of the premiums payable under this Paragraph is equal to the excess of Executives cost for COBRA coverage over the cost Executive would have paid for group health plan coverage as an active employee of Company;
(d) Acceleration in full, effective as of Executives final day of employment, of the vesting and/or exercisability of all then-outstanding equity awards held by Executive; and
(e) Reimbursement for outplacement services of up to $25,000 in accordance with Companys standard policies concerning reimbursement.
Executive further acknowledges that Companys obligations under this Paragraph 7.5, are contingent upon and subject to Executives signing (and not revoking) the Release, and such Release becoming effective in accordance with its terms prior to the sixtieth (60th) day following the Termination Date. The CIC Severance Payment will be made once the Release becomes effective. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if the 60 day period following Executives termination ends in a calendar year after the year in which Executives employment terminates, the CIC Severance Payments shall be made no earlier than the first day of such later calendar year.
7.6. SEVERANCE POLICY. Executive shall not be eligible to participate in Companys generally applicable severance policy (Severance Policy), except as provided in Paragraph 7.4(c) above. Severance pay shall be payable under this Agreement and will be treated as paid in satisfaction of the Severance Policy as in effect from time to time to the extent of Executives entitlement to payments under the Severance Policy.
7.7. VIOLATION OF RESTRICTIVE COVENANTS. Without limiting Companys remedies as set forth in Paragraph 5, upon Executives breach of any restrictions set forth in Paragraph 5, Company will have no obligation to continue to pay or provide any of the amounts or benefits under this Paragraph 7.
7.8. SECTION 280G. If any payment or distribution by Company to or for the benefit of Executive, whether paid or payable or distributed or distributable pursuant to the terms of this Agreement or otherwise pursuant to or by reason of any other agreement, policy, plan, program or arrangement or the lapse or termination of any restriction on or the vesting or exercisability of any payment or benefit (each a Payment), would be subject to the excise tax imposed by Section 4999 of the Code (or any successor provision thereto) or to any similar tax imposed by state or local law (such tax or taxes are hereafter collectively referred to as the Excise Tax), then the aggregate amount of Payments payable to Executive shall be reduced to the aggregate amount of Payments that may be made to Executive without incurring an excise tax (the Safe-Harbor Amount) in accordance with the immediately following sentence; provided that such reduction shall only be imposed if the aggregate after-tax value of the Payments retained by Executive (after giving effect to such reduction) is equal to or greater than the aggregate after-tax value (after giving effect to the Excise Tax) of the Payments to Executive without any such reduction. Any such reduction shall be made in the following order: (i) first, any future cash payments (if any) shall be reduced (if necessary, to zero); (ii) second, any current cash payments shall be reduced (if necessary, to zero); (iii) third, all non-cash payments (other than equity or equity derivative related payments) shall be reduced (if necessary, to zero); and (iv) fourth, all equity or equity derivative payments shall be reduced.
The determinations to be made with respect to this Paragraph shall be made by Companys independent accountants, which shall be paid by Company for the services to be provided hereunder. For purposes of making the calculations required by this Paragraph, the accountants may make reasonable, good faith interpretations concerning the application of Code Sections 280G and 4999 and make reasonable assumptions regarding Executives marginal tax rate in effect for such parachute payments, including the effect of the deductibility of state and local taxes on such marginal tax rate. Executive and Company shall furnish to accountants such information and documents as the accountants may reasonably request in order to make a determination under this Paragraph.
8. WITHHOLDING. Company may withhold from any amounts payable under this Agreement such federal, state or local income taxes it determines may be appropriate.
9. EQUITABLE RELIEF; FEES AND EXPENSES. Executive stipulates and agrees that any breach of this Agreement by Executive will result in immediate and irreparable harm to Company and its Affiliates, the amount of which will be extremely difficult to ascertain, and that Company and its Affiliates could not be reasonably or adequately compensated by damages in an action at law. For these reasons, Company and its Affiliates shall have the right to obtain such preliminary, temporary or permanent injunctions or restraining orders or decrees as may be necessary to protect Company or any Affiliate against, or on account of, any breach by Executive of the provisions of this Agreement without the need to post bond. Such right to equitable relief is in addition to all other legal remedies Company or any Affiliate may have to protect its rights. The prevailing party in any such action shall be responsible for reimbursing the non-prevailing party for all costs associated with obtaining the relief, including reasonable attorneys fees, and expenses and costs of suit. Executive further covenants and agrees that any order of court or judgment obtained by Company or an Affiliate which enforces Companys or Affiliates rights under this Agreement may be transferred, without objection or opposition by Executive, to any court of law or other appropriate law enforcement body located in any other state in the United States or any other country in the world where Company or such Affiliate does business, and that said court or body shall give full force and effect to said order and or judgment.
10. EMPLOYMENT DISPUTE SETTLEMENT PROCEDURE-WAIVER OF RIGHTS. In consideration of Company employing Executive and the wages and benefits provided under this Agreement, Executive and Company each agree that, in the event either party (or its representatives, successors or assigns) brings an action in a court of competent jurisdiction relating to Executives recruitment, employment with, or termination of employment from Company, the plaintiff in such action agrees to waive his, her or its right to a trial by jury, and further agrees that no demand, request or motion will be made for trial by jury.
In consideration of Company employing Executive, and the wages and benefits provided under this Agreement, Executive further agrees that, in the event that Executive seeks relief in a court of competent jurisdiction for a dispute covered by this Agreement, Company may, at any time within sixty (60) days of the service of Executives complaint upon Company, at its option, require all or part of the dispute to be arbitrated by one arbitrator in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association. Executive agrees that the option to arbitrate any dispute is governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, and is fully enforceable. Executive understands and agrees that, if Company exercises its option, any dispute arbitrated will be heard solely by the arbitrator, and not by a court. The parties agree that the prevailing party shall be entitled to have all of their legal fees paid by the non-prevailing party. This pre-dispute resolution agreement will cover all matters directly or indirectly related to Executives recruitment, employment or termination of employment by Company; including, but not limited to, claims involving laws against any form of discrimination whether brought under federal and/or state law, and/or claims involving co-employees, but excluding Workers Compensation Claims.
THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL, AND TO A TRIAL BY JURY, IS OF VALUE. YOU MAY WISH TO CONSULT AN ATTORNEY PRIOR TO SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT. IF SO, TAKE A COPY OF THIS AGREEMENT WITH YOU. HOWEVER, YOU WILL NOT BE OFFERED EMPLOYMENT UNDER THIS AGREEMENT UNTIL THIS AGREEMENT IS SIGNED AND RETURNED BY YOU.
11. AMENDMENTS. No supplement, modification, amendment or waiver of the terms of this Agreement shall be binding on the parties hereto unless executed in writing by the party to be bound thereby. No waiver of any of the provisions of this Agreement shall be deemed to or shall constitute a waiver of any other provisions hereof (whether or not similar), nor shall such waiver constitute a continuing waiver unless otherwise expressly provided. Any failure to insist upon strict compliance with any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of any such terms or conditions.
12. ACKNOWLEDGMENTS OF EXECUTIVE. Executive hereby acknowledges and agrees that: (a) this Agreement is necessary for the protection of the legitimate business interests of Company and its Affiliates; (b) the restrictions contained in this Agreement may be enforced in a court of law whether or not Executive is terminated with or without cause or for performance related reasons; (c) Executive has no intention of competing with Company and its Affiliates within the limitations set forth above; (d) Executive has received adequate and valuable consideration for entering into this Agreement; (e) Executives covenants shall be construed as independent of any other provision in this Agreement and the existence of any claim or cause of action Executive may have against Company or any Affiliate, whether predicated on this Agreement or not, shall not constitute a defense to the enforcement by Company or an Affiliate of these covenants; and (f) the execution and delivery of this Agreement is a mandatory condition precedent to Executives receipt of the consideration provided herein.
13. FULL UNDERSTANDING. Executive acknowledges that Executive has been afforded the opportunity to seek legal counsel,that Executive has carefully read and fully understands all of the provisions of this Agreement and that Executive, in consideration for the compensation set forth herein, is voluntarily entering into this Agreement.
14. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement supersedes all prior agreements, written or oral, between Company or Affiliates and Executive concerning the subject matter hereof; including without limitation the Original Employment Agreement.
15. SEVERABILITY. Whenever possible, each provision of this Agreement shall be interpreted in such manner as to be effective and valid under applicable law, but if any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect under any applicable law or rule in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other provision or any other jurisdiction, but this Agreement shall be reformed, construed and enforced in such jurisdiction as if such invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision had never been contained herein. The restrictive covenants stated herein may be read as if separate and apart from this Agreement and shall survive the termination of Executives employment with Company for any reason.
16. OTHER AGREEMENTS. Executive represents and warrants that Executive is not a party to or otherwise subject to or bound by the terms of any contract, agreements or understandings that would affect Executives right or abilities to perform under this Agreement. Executive specifically represents that Executive will not use any confidential information obtained from Executives prior employer(s) in the performance of Executives duties herein and is not subject to any other restrictive covenants or non-competition agreements.
17. CHOICE OF LAW, JURISDICTION AND VENUE. The parties agree that this Agreement shall be deemed to have been made and entered into in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania and that the law of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania shall govern this Agreement, without regard to conflict of laws principles. Jurisdiction and venue is exclusively limited in any proceeding by Company or an Affiliate or Executive to enforce their rights hereunder to any court or arbitrator geographically located in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania. Executive hereby waives any objections to the jurisdiction and venue of the courts in or for Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, including any objection to personal jurisdiction, venue, and/or forum non-conveniens, in any proceeding by Company or any Affiliate to enforce its rights hereunder filed in or for Allegheny County, Pennsylvania. Executive agrees not to object to any petition filed by Company or an Affiliate to remove an action filed by Executive from a forum or court not located in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.
18. SUCCESSORS IN INTEREST. This Agreement shall be binding upon and shall inure to the benefit of the successors, assigns, heirs and legal representatives of the parties hereto. Parent and Company shall each require any successor (whether direct or indirect, by purchase, merger, consolidation or otherwise) to all or substantially all of its business and/or assets to assume expressly and agree to perform this Agreement in the same manner and to the same extent that Parent or Company, as the case may be, would be required to perform it if no such succession had taken place, and Executive agrees to be obligated by this Agreement to any successor, assign or surviving entity. As used in this Paragraph, Parent shall mean Parent as hereinbefore defined and any successor to its business and/or assets as aforesaid which assumes and agrees to perform this Agreement by operation of law, or otherwise and Company shall mean Company as hereinbefore defined and any successor to its business and/or assets as aforesaid which assumes and agrees to perform this Agreement by operation of law, or otherwise. Any successor to Company is an intended third party beneficiary of this Agreement. Executive may not assign this Agreement otherwise than by will or the laws of decent and distribution.
19. NOTICES. All notices, requests, demands or other communications by the terms hereof required or permitted to be given by one party to the other shall be given in writing by personal delivery or by registered mail, postage prepaid, addressed to such other party or delivered to such other party as follows:
to Company at: 1305 Cherrington Parkway,
Suite 400 Moon Township, PA 15108
Attention: Chairman of the Board
to Executive at:
745 Edgewater Trl,
Atlanta, GA 30328
Or Executives last known address
or at such other address as may be given by either of them to the other in writing from time to time, and such notices, requests, demands, acceptances or other communications shall be deemed to have been received when delivered or, if mailed, three (3) Business Days after the day of mailing thereof; provided that if any such notice, request, demand or other communication shall have been mailed and if regular mail service shall be interrupted by strikes or other irregularities, such notices, requests, demands or other communications shall be deemed to have been received when delivered or, if mailed, three (3) Business Days from the day of the resumption of normal mail service.
20. Section 409A Compliance. The following rules shall apply, to the extent necessary, with respect to distribution of the payments and benefits, if any, to be provided to Executive under this Agreement. Subject to the provisions in this Paragraph, the severance payments pursuant to this Agreement shall begin only upon the date of Executives separation from service (determined as set forth below) which occurs on or after the date of Executives termination of employment.
20.1. This Agreement is intended to be exempt from or to comply with Code Section 409A (to the extent applicable) and the parties hereto agree to interpret, apply and administer this Agreement in the least restrictive manner necessary to comply therewith or be exempt therefrom and without resulting in any increase in the amounts owed hereunder by Company.
20.2. It is intended that each installment of the severance payments and benefits provided under this Agreement shall be treated as a separate payment for purposes of Section 409A of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, and the guidance issued thereunder (Section 409A). Neither Executive nor Company shall have the right to accelerate or defer the delivery of any such payments or benefits except to the extent specifically permitted or required by Section 409A.
20.3. If, as of the date of Executives separation from service from Company, Executive is not a specified employee (within the meaning of Section 409A), then each installment of the severance payments and benefits shall be made on the dates and terms set forth in this Agreement.
20.4. If, as of the date of Executives separation from service from Company, Executive is a specified employee (within the meaning of Section 409A), then:
20.4.1. Each installment of the severance payments and benefits due under this Agreement that, in accordance with the dates and terms set forth herein, will in all circumstances, regardless of when the separation from service occurs, be paid within the short-term deferral period (as defined in Section 409A) shall be treated as a short-term deferral within the meaning of Treasury Regulation Section 1.409A-1(b)(4) to the maximum extent permissible under Section 409A; and
20.4.2. Each installment of the severance payments and benefits due under this Agreement that is not described in above and that would, absent this provision, be paid within the six-month period following Executives separation from service from Company shall not be paid until the date that is six months and one day after such separation from service (or, if earlier, Executives death), with any such installments that are required to be delayed being accumulated during the six-month period and paid in a lump sum on the date that is six months and one day following Executives separation from service and any subsequent installments, if any, being paid in accordance with the dates and terms set forth herein; provided, however, that the preceding provisions of this sentence shall not apply to any installment of severance payments and benefits if and to the maximum extent that such installment is deemed to be paid under a separation pay plan that does not provide for a deferral of compensation by reason of the application of Treasury Regulation 1.409A-1(b)(9)(iii) (relating to separation pay upon an involuntary separation from service). Any installments that qualify for the exception under Treasury Regulation Section 1.409A-1(b)(9)(iii) must be paid no later than the last day of the second taxable year following the taxable year in which the separation from service occurs.
20.5. The determination of whether and when Executives separation from service from Company has occurred shall be made in a manner consistent with, and based on the presumptions set forth in, Treasury Regulation Section 1.409A-1(h). Solely for purposes of this Paragraph 20, Company shall include all persons with whom Company would be considered a single employer as determined under Treasury Regulation Section 1.409A-1(h)(3).
20.6. All reimbursements and in-kind benefits provided under this Agreement shall be made or provided in accordance with the requirements of Section 409A to the extent that such reimbursements or in-kind benefits are subject to Section 409A, including, where applicable, the requirements that (i) any reimbursement is for expenses incurred during Executives lifetime (or during a shorter period of time specified in this Agreement), (ii) the amount of expenses eligible for reimbursement during a calendar year may not affect the
expenses eligible for reimbursement in any other calendar year, (iii) the reimbursement of an eligible expense will be made on or before the last day of the calendar year following the year in which the expense is incurred and (iv) the right to reimbursement is not subject to set off or liquidation or exchange for any other benefit.
20.7. Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, Company shall have no liability to Executive or to any other person if the payments and benefits provided in this Agreement that are intended to be exempt from or compliant with Section 409A are not so exempt or compliant.
21. COUNTERPARTS. This Agreement may be executed in one or more counterparts each of which shall be deemed an original instrument, but all of which together shall constitute but one and the same Agreement.
22. HEADINGS. The headings used in this Agreement are for convenience only and are not to be considered in construing or interpreting this Agreement.
23. DRAFTER PROVISION. The parties agree that they have both had the opportunity to review and negotiate this Agreement, and that any inconsistency or dispute related to the interpretation of any of the provisions of this Agreement shall not be construed against either party.
24. SURVIVORSHIP. The respective rights and obligations of the parties hereunder shall survive any termination of this Agreement hereunder for any reason to the extent necessary to the intended provision of such rights and the intended performance of such obligations.
[Remainder of page intentionally omitted]
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, Executive has hereunto set Executives hand and each of Company and Parent has caused this Agreement to be executed in its name on its behalf, all as of the day and year first above written.
|MASTECH INFOTRELLIS, INC.|
|By:||/s/ Vivek Gupta|
|Its:||President and CEO|
INTENDING TO BE LEGALLY BOUND, I hereby set my hand below:
|/s/ Paul Burton|
|Dated: 12 Dec 18|
Schedule A (3)
This Schedule A (3), dated March 10, 2021, is issued pursuant to the Executive Employment Agreement by and among Company and Executive, (the Agreement), and shall be incorporated therein and governed by the terms and conditions of such Agreement.
1. Position: Executive shall hold the position of Chief Executive, Mastech InfoTrellis, (which includes Mastech InfoTrellis, Inc., Mastech InfoTrellis Digital, Ltd., InfoTrellis India Pvt. Ltd., Mastech InfoTrellis Pte. Ltd., Mastech InfoTrellis, Ltd., Mastech InfoTrellis, Limited, and Mastech Cloud Services, Inc.).
2. Base Salary: Four Hundred Fifty Thousand Dollars ($450,000) for the fiscal year 2021.
3. Bonus: Executive will be entitled to an annual performance-based cash bonus of Two Hundred Thousand Dollars ($200,000), for the achievement of certain financial and operational targets. These targets, and the bonus dollars tied to such targets, will be determined by the Parents Compensation Committee on an annual basis. For the 2021 calendar year your bonus will be determined as follows:
One Hundred Forty Thousand Dollars ($140,000) of your bonus will be based on the following performance measures:
Overall Mastech InfoTrellis Bookings;
Overall Mastech InfoTrellis Revenue ; and
Mastech InfoTrellis Non-GAAP EBITDA.
The remaining Sixty Thousand Dollars ($60,000) of your bonus will be subjective, based on certain performance criteria.
The target amount for each measure for the 2021 calendar year is set forth on Appendix 1 to this schedule. Should Company fail to achieve the target amount for the above performance measures, Executives annual performance-based bonus, if any, shall be based upon Companys evaluation of the percentage of the target amount achieved during the year. Conversely, should Companys performance exceed the target amount for the above performance measures, Executives annual performance-based bonus may exceed the bonus amount stated above, based upon Companys evaluation of the percentage of the over-achievement of such target amount(s). All bonuses will be paid by March 15, 2022, following the completion of Companys year-end audit. If Executive leaves Company voluntarily, or is terminated with Cause, before December 31, 2021, Executive will not be eligible for a bonus. If Executive is terminated by Company during 2021 without Cause, Executives bonus calculation will be based on Companys annual results (calculated as though Executive were still an employee) and a prorated bonus will be paid considering the days in 2021 in which Executive was employed by Company divided by 365.
4. Benefits: Executive is eligible for standard company benefits in the same manner as other executives of the Company.
5. Expenses: The Company will reimburse all properly documented expenses reasonably related to Executives performance of Executives duties hereunder.
6. Stock Options: Executive is granted an award of 160,000 non-qualified stock options pursuant to Companys Stock Incentive Plan, with the options vesting in four equal installments beginning on the first anniversary of the February 10, 2021, grant date.
|BY:||/s/ Vivek Gupta 3/10/21||BY:||/s/ Paul Burton 3/10/21|
|Company / Date||Executive / Date|