13. Notices. All communications hereunder will be in writing and effective only on receipt, and, if sent to the Representatives, will be mailed, delivered or telefaxed to Citigroup Global Markets Inc., 388 Greenwich Street, New York, New York, 10013, Attention: General Counsel (fax no.: (646) 291-1469) and Jefferies LLC 520 Madison Avenue, New York, New York 10022, Attention: General Counsel (fax no.: (646) 619-4437), and confirmed to White & Case LLP, 1221 Avenue of the Americas, New York, New York 10020, Attention: Joel Rubinstein (fax no.: (212) 354-8113; or, if sent to the Company, will be mailed, delivered or telefaxed to Mason Industrial Technology, Inc., Attention: Michael E. Martino, and confirmed to Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP, 200 Liberty Street, New York, NY 10281, Attention: Stephen Fraidin (fax no.: (212) 504-6666).
14. Successors. This Agreement will inure to the benefit of and be binding upon the parties hereto and their respective successors and the executive officers, directors, employees, agents and controlling persons referred to in Section 8 hereof, and no other person will have any right or obligation hereunder.
15. No Fiduciary Duty. The Company hereby acknowledges and agrees that (a) the purchase and sale of the Securities pursuant to this Agreement is an arms-length commercial transaction between the Company, on the one hand, and the Underwriters and any affiliate through which it may be acting, on the other, (b) the Underwriters are acting as principal and not as an agent, financial advisor or fiduciary of the Company or any other person, (c) neither the Representatives nor any other Underwriter is advising the Company or any other person as to any legal, tax, investment, accounting or regulatory matters in any jurisdiction, and (d) the Companys engagement of the Underwriters in connection with the Offering and the process leading up to the Offering is as independent contractors and not in any other capacity. Furthermore, the Company agrees that it is solely responsible for making its own judgments in connection with the Offering (irrespective of whether any of the Underwriters has advised or is currently advising the Company on related or other matters). The Company agrees that it will not claim that the Underwriters have rendered advisory services of any nature or respect, or owe an agency, fiduciary or similar duty to the Company, in connection with such transaction or the process leading thereto.
16. Integration. This Agreement supersedes all prior agreements and understandings (whether written or oral) between the Company and the Underwriters, or any of them, with respect to the subject matter hereof.
17. Applicable Law. This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York applicable to contracts made and to be performed within the State of New York.
18. Jurisdiction. The Company agrees that any suit, action or proceeding against the Company brought by any Underwriter, the directors, officers, employees, affiliates and agents of any Underwriter, or by any person who controls any Underwriter, arising out of or based upon this Agreement, and any claim, controversy or dispute arising under or related thereto or the transactions contemplated hereby may be instituted in any State or U.S. federal court in the City of New York and County of New York, and waives any objection which it may now or hereafter have to the laying of venue of any such proceeding, and irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any suit, action or proceeding.
19. Waiver of Jury Trial. THE COMPANY HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVES, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY AND ALL RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY LEGAL PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE TRANSACTIONS CONTEMPLATED HEREBY.
20. Counterparts. This Agreement may be signed in one or more counterparts, each of which shall constitute an original and all of which together shall constitute one and the same agreement.
21. Headings. The section headings used herein are for convenience only and shall not affect the construction hereof.
22. Definitions. The terms which follow, when used in this Agreement, shall have the meanings indicated.
Act shall mean the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and the rules and regulations of the Commission promulgated thereunder.
BHC Act Affiliate shall mean affiliate as defined in, and shall be interpreted in accordance with, 12 U.S.C. § 1841(k).