PERFORMANCE-BASED RESTRICTED STOCK UNITS AGREEMENT
THIS PERFORMANCE-BASED RESTRICTED STOCK UNITS AGREEMENT (this “Agreement”) is made as of the date set forth on Schedule I hereto (the “Grant Date”), by and between the issuer identified in Schedule I of this Agreement (the “Company”), and the recipient (the “Grantee”) of an Award of Restricted Stock Units (as defined below) granted by the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors of the Company as set forth in this Agreement.
The Company has adopted the incentive plan identified on Schedule I hereto (as has been or may hereafter be amended, the “Plan”), a copy of which is attached via a link at the end of this online Agreement as Exhibit A and by this reference made a part hereof, for the benefit of eligible persons as specified in the Plan. Capitalized terms used and not otherwise defined in this Agreement will have the meanings ascribed to them in the Plan.
Pursuant to the Plan, the Compensation Committee appointed by the Board of Directors of the Company pursuant to Section 3.1 of the Plan to administer the Plan (the “Committee”) has determined that it would be in the interest of the Company and its stockholders to award Restricted Stock Units to the Grantee, subject to the conditions and restrictions set forth herein and in the Plan, in order to provide the Grantee with additional remuneration for services rendered, to encourage the Grantee to remain in the service or employ of the Company or its Subsidiaries and to increase the Grantee’s personal interest in the continued success and progress of the Company.
The Company and the Grantee therefore agree as follows:
1.Definitions. The following terms, when used in this Agreement, have the following meanings:
“Cause” has the meaning specified as “cause” in Section 10.2(b) of the Plan.
“Close of Business” means, on any day, 5:00 p.m., Denver, Colorado time.
“Committee” has the meaning specified in the recitals to this Agreement.
“Committee Certification Date” has the meaning specified in Section 5(b).
“Common Stock” has the meaning specified in Schedule I of this Agreement.
“Company” has the meaning specified in the preamble to this Agreement.
“Grant Date” has the meaning specified in the preamble to this Agreement.
“Grantee” has the meaning specified in the preamble to this Agreement.
“Plan” has the meaning specified in the recitals of this Agreement.
“Required Withholding Amount” has the meaning specified in Section 12.
“Restricted Stock Units” has the meaning specified in Section 2.
“RSU Dividend Equivalents” means, to the extent specified by the Committee only, an amount equal to all dividends and other distributions (or the economic equivalent thereof) which are payable to stockholders of record during the Restriction Period on a like number and kind of shares of Common Stock as the shares represented by the Restricted Stock Units.
“Section 409A” has the meaning specified in Section 22.
“Unpaid RSU Dividend Equivalents” has the meaning specified in Section 5(c).
“Vested RSU Dividend Equivalents” has the meaning specified in Section 4.
“Vesting Date” means each date on which any Restricted Stock Units cease to be subject to a risk of forfeiture, as determined in accordance with this Agreement and the Plan.
2. Award. Subject to the terms and conditions herein, pursuant to the Plan, the Company grants to the Grantee effective as of the Grant Date an Award of the number and type of performance-based Restricted Stock Units (as defined in the Plan) authorized by the Committee and set forth in the notice of online grant delivered to the Grantee pursuant to the Company’s online grant and administration program (the “Restricted Stock Units”), each representing the right to receive one share of the type of Common Stock specified in such notice of online grant, subject to the conditions and restrictions set forth below in this Agreement and in the Plan.
3. Settlement of Restricted Stock Units. Settlement of Restricted Stock Units that vest in accordance with Section 5 or 6 of this Agreement or Section 10.1(b) of the Plan shall be made as soon as administratively practicable after the applicable Vesting Date, but in no event later than March 15 of the calendar year following the calendar year in which such Vesting Date occurs. Settlement of vested Restricted Stock Units shall be made in payment of shares of the applicable type of Common Stock, together with any related Unpaid RSU Dividend Equivalents, in accordance with Section 7 hereof.
4. No Stockholder Rights; RSU Dividend Equivalents. The Grantee shall have no rights of a stockholder with respect to any shares of Common Stock represented by any Restricted Stock Units unless and until such time as shares of Common Stock represented by vested Restricted Stock Units have been delivered to the Grantee in accordance with Section 7 hereof. The Grantee will have no right to receive, or otherwise with respect to, any RSU Dividend Equivalents until such time, if ever, as (a) the Restricted Stock Units with respect to which such RSU Dividend Equivalents relate shall have become vested, or (b) such RSU Dividend Equivalents shall have become vested in accordance with the penultimate sentence of this Section 4, and, if vesting does not occur, the related RSU Dividend Equivalents will be forfeited. RSU Dividend Equivalents shall not bear interest or be segregated in a separate account. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Committee may, in its sole discretion, accelerate the vesting of any portion of the RSU Dividend Equivalents (the “Vested RSU Dividend Equivalents”). The settlement of any Vested RSU Dividend Equivalents shall be made as soon as administratively practicable after the accelerated vesting date, but in no event later than March 15 of the calendar year following the year in which such accelerated vesting date occurs.
8. Nontransferability of Restricted Stock Units. Restricted Stock Units and any related Unpaid RSU Dividend Equivalents, are not transferable (either voluntarily or involuntarily and whether by sale, assignment, gift, pledge, exchange or otherwise) before or after the Grantee’s death, except as follows: (a) during the Grantee’s lifetime, pursuant to a domestic relations order issued by a court of competent jurisdiction that is not contrary to the terms and conditions of the Plan or this Agreement, and in a form acceptable to the Committee; or (b) after the Grantee’s death, by will or pursuant to the applicable laws of descent and distribution, as may be the case. Any person to whom Restricted Stock Units are transferred in accordance with the provisions of the preceding sentence shall take such Restricted Stock Units and any related Unpaid RSU Dividend Equivalents subject to all of the terms and conditions of the Plan and this Agreement, including that the vesting and termination provisions of this Agreement will continue to be applied with respect to the Grantee. Certificates representing Restricted Stock Units that have vested may be delivered (or, in the case of book entry registration, registered) only to the Grantee (or during the Grantee’s lifetime, to the Grantee’s court appointed legal representative) or to a person to whom the Restricted Stock Units have been transferred in accordance with this Section.
(a)The Restricted Stock Units and any related Unpaid RSU Dividend Equivalents will be subject to adjustment pursuant to Section 4.2 of the Plan in such manner as the Committee, in its sole discretion, deems equitable and appropriate in connection with the occurrence following the Grant Date of any of the events described in Section 4.2 of the Plan following the Grant Date.
(b)In the event of any Approved Transaction, Board Change or Control Purchase following the Grant Date, the Restricted Stock Units and any related Unpaid RSU Dividend Equivalents may become vested in accordance with Section 10.1(b) of the Plan.
10. Company’s Rights. The existence of this Agreement will not affect in any way the right or power of the Company or its stockholders to accomplish any corporate act, including, without limitation, the acts referred to in Section 10.16 of the Plan.
11. Restrictions Imposed by Law. Without limiting the generality of Section 10.8 of the Plan, the Company shall not be obligated to deliver any shares of Common Stock represented by vested Restricted Stock Units or securities constituting any Unpaid RSU Dividend Equivalents if counsel to the Company determines that the issuance or delivery thereof would violate any applicable law or any rule or regulation of any governmental authority or any rule or regulation of, or agreement of the Company with, any securities exchange or association upon which shares of Common Stock or such other securities are listed or quoted. The Company will in no event be obligated to take any affirmative action in order to cause the delivery of shares of Common Stock represented by vested Restricted Stock Units or securities constituting any Unpaid RSU Dividend Equivalents to comply with any such law, rule, regulation, or agreement. Any certificates representing any such securities issued or delivered under this Agreement may bear such legend or legends as the Company deems appropriate in order to assure compliance with applicable securities laws.