5. CONFIDENTIALITY. The Company and the Director each acknowledge that, in order for the intents and purposes of this Agreement to be accomplished, the Director shall necessarily be obtaining access to certain confidential information concerning the Company and its affairs, including, but not limited to business methods, information systems, financial data and strategic plans which are unique assets of the Company (“Confidential Information”). The Director covenants not to, either directly or indirectly, in any manner, utilize or disclose to any person, firm, corporation, association or other entity any Confidential Information.
6. NON- COMPETE. During the term of this Agreement and for a period of twelve (12) months following the Director’s removal or resignation from the Board of Directors of the Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates (the “Restricted Period”), the Director shall not, directly or indirectly, (i) in any manner whatsoever engage in any capacity with any business competitive with the Company’s current lines of business or any business then engaged in by the Company, any of its subsidiaries or any of its affiliates (the “Company's Business”) for the Director’s own benefit or for the benefit of any person or entity other than the Company or any subsidiary or affiliate; or (ii) have any interest as owner, sole proprietor, shareholder, partner, lender, director, officer, manager, employee, consultant, agent or otherwise in any business competitive with the Company's Business; provided, however, that the Director may hold, directly or indirectly, solely as an investment, not more than two percent (2%) of the outstanding securities of any person or entity which are listed on any national securities exchange or regularly traded in the over- the-counter market notwithstanding the fact that such person or entity is engaged in a business competitive with the Company's Business. In addition, during the Restricted Period, the Director shall not develop any property for use in the Company’s Business on behalf of any person or entity other than the Company, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
7. TERMINATION. With or without cause, the Company and the Director may each terminate this Agreement at any time upon 6 (six) months written notice, and the Company shall be obligated to pay to the Director the compensation and expenses due up to the date of the termination. Nothing contained herein or omitted herefrom shall prevent the shareholder(s) of the Company from removing the Director with immediate effect at any time for any reason.
8. INDEMNIFICATION. The Company shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Director, to the full extent allowed by the law of the State of Nevada and as provided by, or granted pursuant to, any charter provision, bylaw provision, vote of stockholders or disinterested directors or otherwise, to action in the Director’s official capacity; provided, however, that, in accordance with the NRS and federal securities laws, such indemnification shall not apply where the Director engages in actions or omissions which involve intentional misconduct, fraud or knowing violation of law.
9. NOTICE. Any and all notices referred to herein shall be sufficient if furnished in writing at the addresses specified on the signature page hereto or, if to the Company, to the Company’s address as specified in filings made by the Company with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.