THIS PROMISSORY NOTE (THIS NOTE) HAS NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED (THE SECURITIES ACT). THIS NOTE HAS BEEN ACQUIRED FOR INVESTMENT ONLY AND MAY NOT BE SOLD, TRANSFERRED OR ASSIGNED IN THE ABSENCE OF REGISTRATION OF THE RESALE THEREOF UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OR AN OPINION OF COUNSEL REASONABLY SATISFACTORY IN FORM, SCOPE AND SUBSTANCE TO THE MAKER THAT SUCH REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED.
| || |
Principal Amount: up to $300,000
(as set forth on the Schedule of Borrowings attached hereto)
| || |
Dated as of December 17, 2020
New York, New York
Lazard Growth Acquisition Corp. I, a Cayman Islands exempted company (the Maker), promises to pay to the order of LGACo 1 LLC, a Delaware limited liability company, or its registered assigns or successors in interest (the Payee), or order, the principal sum of up to three hundred thousand U.S. dollars ($300,000) (as set forth on the Schedule of Borrowings attached hereto) in lawful money of the United States of America, on the terms and conditions described below. All payments on this Note shall be made by check or wire transfer of immediately available funds or as otherwise determined by the Maker to such account as the Payee may from time to time designate by written notice in accordance with the provisions of this Note.
1. Principal. The entire unpaid principal balance of this Note shall be payable by the Maker in full on the earlier of (such earlier date, the Maturity Date): (i) March 31, 2021 or (ii) the date on which the Maker consummates the proposed initial public offering of its securities (the IPO), unless earlier accelerated upon the occurrence of an Event of Default (as defined herein). The principal balance may be prepaid by the Maker at any time without penalty. Under no circumstances shall any individual, including but not limited to any officer, director, employee or shareholder of the Maker, be obligated personally for any obligations or liabilities of the Maker hereunder.
2. Interest. No interest shall accrue on the unpaid principal balance of this Note.
3. Drawdown Requests. The Maker and the Payee agree that the Maker may request up to Three Hundred Thousand Dollars ($300,000) in the aggregate for costs and expenses reasonably related to the Makers formation and IPO. The principal of this Note may be drawn down from time to time prior to the Maturity Date, upon request from the Maker to the Payee (each, a Drawdown Request). Each Drawdown Request must state the amount to be drawn down, and must not be an amount less than One Thousand Dollars ($1,000) unless agreed to by the Payee in its sole discretion. The Payee shall fund each Drawdown Request no later than three business days after receipt of a Drawdown Request; provided, however, that the maximum amount of drawdowns outstanding under this Note at any one time may not exceed Three Hundred Thousand Dollars ($300,000). No fees, payments or other amounts shall be due to the Payee in connection with, or as a result of, any Drawdown Request by the Maker.
4. Application of Payments. All payments shall be applied first to payment in full of any costs incurred in the collection of any sum due under this Note, including without limitation reasonable attorneys fees, then to the payment in full of any late charges and finally to the reduction of the unpaid principal balance of this Note.
5. Events of Default. The following shall constitute an event of default (Event of Default):
(a) Failure to Make Required Payments. Failure by the Maker to pay the principal amount due pursuant to this Note within five business days of the Maturity Date.
(b) Voluntary Bankruptcy, Etc. The commencement by the Maker of a voluntary case under any applicable bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, rehabilitation or other similar law, or the consent by it to the appointment of or taking possession by a receiver, liquidator, assignee, trustee, custodian, sequestrator (or other similar official) of the Maker or for any substantial part of its property, or the making by it of any assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the failure of the Maker generally to pay its debts as such debts become due, or the taking of corporate action by the Maker in furtherance of any of the foregoing.
(c) Involuntary Bankruptcy, Etc. The entry of a decree or order for relief by a court having jurisdiction in the premises in respect of the Maker in an involuntary case under any applicable bankruptcy, insolvency or other similar law, or appointing a receiver, liquidator, assignee, trustee, custodian, sequestrator (or similar official) of the Maker or for any substantial part of its property, or ordering the winding-up or liquidation of its affairs, and the continuance of any such decree or order unstayed and in effect for a period of 60 consecutive days.
(a) Upon the occurrence of an Event of Default specified in Section 5(a) hereof, the Payee may, by written notice to the Maker, declare this Note to be due immediately and payable, whereupon the unpaid principal amount of this Note, and all other amounts payable hereunder, shall become immediately due and payable without presentment, demand, protest or other notice of any kind, all of which are hereby expressly waived, anything contained herein or in the documents evidencing the same to the contrary notwithstanding.