FORM OF RELEASE
AGREEMENT AND GENERAL RELEASE
Kaman Corporation, its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, successors and assigns in such capacity, and the current, future and former employees, officers, directors, trustees, shareholders and agents thereof (collectively referred to throughout this Agreement as Employer), and Richard R. Barnhart (Executive), on behalf of himself and the Executives heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns (collectively referred to throughout this Agreement as Employee) agree:
1. Last Day of Employment. Executives last day of employment with Kaman Corporation was September 30, 2020.
2. Consideration. The parties acknowledge that this Agreement and General Release is being executed following September 30, 2020 for good and valuable consideration and in accordance with Section 3.f. of that certain Retirement and Consulting Letter Agreement by and between Executive and Kaman Corporation dated August 20, 2020 (the Retirement and Consulting Agreement).
3. Revocation. Executive may revoke this Agreement and General Release for a period of seven (7) calendar days following the day Executive executes this Agreement and General Release. Any revocation within this period must be submitted, in writing, to Employer and state, I hereby revoke my acceptance of our Agreement and General Release. The revocation must be personally delivered to Employers General Counsel, or his/her designee, or mailed to Kaman Corporation, 1332 Blue Hills Avenue, P.O. Box 1, Bloomfield, CT 06002, Attention: General Counsel, and postmarked within seven (7) calendar days of execution of this Agreement and General Release. This Agreement and General Release shall not become effective or enforceable until the revocation period has expired without Executive having revoked this Agreement and General Release during the seven (7)-day revocation period provided for herein. If the last day of the revocation period is a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday in Hartford, Connecticut, then the revocation period shall not expire until the next following day which is not a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday.
4. General Release of Claims. Executive knowingly and voluntarily releases and forever discharges Employer from any and all claims, causes of action, demands, fees, rights, obligations and liabilities of any kind whatsoever, whether known and unknown, against Employer, that Employee has, has ever had or may have as of the date of execution of this Agreement and General Release, including, but not limited to, any alleged violation of:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended;
- The Civil Rights Act of 1991;
- Sections 1981 through 1988 of Title 42 of the United States Code, as amended;
- The Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, as amended;
- The Immigration Reform and Control Act, as amended;