KALEIDO BIOSCIENCES, INC.
2015 STOCK INCENTIVE PLAN
Pursuant to Section 11(e) of the Plan, the Board has adopted this supplement for purposes of satisfying the requirements of Section 25102(o) of the California Law:
Any Awards granted under the Plan to a Participant who is a resident of the State of California on the date of grant (a California Participant) shall be subject to the following additional limitations, terms and conditions:
1. Additional Limitations on Options.
(a) Maximum Duration of Options. No Options granted to California Participants shall have a term in excess of 10 years measured from the Option grant date.
(b) Minimum Exercise Period Following Termination. Unless a California Participants employment is terminated for cause (as defined by applicable law, the terms of the Plan or option grant or a contract of employment), in the event of termination of employment of such Participant, such Participant shall have the right to exercise an Option, to the extent that such Participant is entitled to exercise such Option on the date employment terminated, until the earlier of: (i) at least six months from the date of termination, if termination was caused by such Participants death or disability, (ii) at least 30 days from the date of termination, if termination was caused other than by such Participants death or disability and (iii) the Option expiration date.
2. Additional Limitations for Other Stock-Based Awards. The terms of all Awards granted to a California Participant under Section 8 of the Plan shall comply, to the extent applicable, with Sections 260.140.42, 260.140.45 and 260.140.46 of the California Code of Regulations.
3. Additional Limitations on Timing of Awards. No Award granted to a California Participant shall become exercisable, vested or realizable, as applicable to such Award, unless the Plan has been approved by the holders of a majority of the Companys outstanding voting securities by the later of (i) within 12 months before or after the date the Plan was adopted by the Board, or (ii) prior to or within 12 months of the granting of any Award to a California Participant.
4. Additional Restriction Regarding Recapitalizations, Stock Splits, Etc. For purposes of Section 9 of the Plan, in the event of a stock split, reverse stock split, stock dividend, recapitalization, combination, reclassification or other distribution of the Companys securities underlying the Award without the receipt of consideration by the Company, the number of securities purchasable, and in the case of Options, the exercise price of such Options, must be proportionately adjusted.
5. Additional Limitations on Transferability of Awards. Notwithstanding the provisions of Section 10(a) of the Plan, an Award granted to a California Participant may not be transferred to an executor or guardian upon the disability of the Participant.
* * * *