Distribution Reinvestment Plan
DISTRIBUTION REINVESTMENT PLAN
This Distribution Reinvestment Plan (the Plan) is adopted by Invesco Real Estate Income Trust Inc. (the Company) pursuant to its Second Articles of Amendment and Restatement (as amended or restated from time to time, the Charter). Unless otherwise defined herein, capitalized terms shall have the same meaning as set forth in the Charter.
1. Distribution Reinvestment. As agent for the stockholders of the Company (the Stockholders) who purchase Common Shares (the Shares) pursuant to (i) a Private Placement, (ii) the Initial Public Offering, or (iii) any future public offering of Shares (a Future Public Offering), and who do not opt out of participating in the Plan (or who affirmatively elect to participate in the Plan, as applicable, as set forth in Section 3 below) (the Participants), the Company will apply all dividends and other distributions declared and paid in respect of the Shares held by each Participant and attributable to the class of Shares purchased by such Participant (the Distributions), including Distributions paid with respect to any full or fractional Shares acquired under the Plan, to the purchase of additional Shares of the same class for such Participant; provided, however, that Participants that hold Class N Common Shares acquired in a Private Placement shall have all Distributions applied to the purchase of Class I Common Shares (in lieu of the purchase of additional Class N Common Shares).
2. Effective Date. The effective date of the Plan is January 16, 2020, the date that the Private Placement of the Class N Common Shares commenced.
3. Procedure for Participation. Any Stockholder who has received a copy of the Prospectus as contained in the applicable registration statement filed by the Company with the SEC with respect to the Initial Public Offering or any Future Offering, as applicable, will automatically become a Participant unless they elect not to become a Participant by noting such election on their subscription agreement; provided, however, that any Stockholder which (a) resides in a state or other jurisdiction which requires affirmative enrollment in the Plan (as disclosed in the applicable Prospectus) or (b) is a client of a participating broker-dealer that does not permit automatic enrollment in the Plan will only become a Participant if the Stockholder notes such an election on the Stockholders subscription agreement. Any Stockholder who has received a copy of the private placement memorandum with respect to a Private Placement will become a Participant by completing and executing an enrollment form or any appropriate authorization form as may be available from the Company, the Companys transfer agent, the dealer manager for the applicable Private Placement or any soliciting dealer participating in the distribution of Shares for such Private Placement. If any Stockholder initially elects not to be a Participant, they may later become a Participant by subsequently completing and executing an enrollment form or any appropriate authorization form as may be available from the Company, the Companys transfer agent, the dealer manager for the applicable Offering or any soliciting dealer participating in the distribution of Shares for an Offering. Participation in the Plan will begin with the next Distribution payable after acceptance of a Participants subscription, enrollment or authorization. Shares will be purchased under the Plan on the date that Distributions are paid by the Company.
4. Suitability. Each Participant is requested to promptly notify the Company in writing if the Participant experiences a material change in his or her financial condition, including the failure to meet the income, net worth, investment concentration, status as an accredited investor as defined by Regulation D of the Securities Act or other investment suitability standards imposed by the Company and set forth in the applicable Memorandum or the Companys most recent Prospectus. For the avoidance of doubt, this request in no way shifts to the Participant the responsibility of the Companys sponsor, or any other person selling Shares on behalf of the Company to the Participant, to make every reasonable effort to determine that the purchase of Shares is a suitable and appropriate investment based on information provided by such Participant.
5. Purchase of Shares.
Participants will acquire Shares from the Company (including Shares purchased by the Company for the Plan in a secondary market (if available) or on a stock exchange (if listed)) under the Plan (the Plan Shares) at a price equal to the most recently disclosed transaction price per Share applicable to the class of Shares purchased by the Participant (or, with respect to Participants that hold Class N Common Shares acquired in a Private Placement, the most recently disclosed transaction price per Share of the Class I Common Shares)
|on the date that the Distribution is payable. No upfront selling commissions will be payable with respect to Shares purchased pursuant to the Plan, but such Shares may be subject to ongoing stockholder servicing fees. Participants in the Plan may purchase fractional Shares so that 100% of the Distributions will be used to acquire Shares. However, a Participant will not be able to acquire Plan Shares and such Participants participation in the Plan will be terminated to the extent that a reinvestment of such Participants Distributions in Shares would cause the percentage ownership or other limitations contained in the Charter to be violated.|
Plan Shares to be distributed by the Company in connection with the Plan may (but are not required to) be supplied from: (i) Shares that will be issued by the Company in a Private Placement pursuant to an applicable exemption from registration under the Securities Act, (ii) Shares that will be registered with the SEC in connection with the Initial Public Offering, or (iii) Shares to be registered with the SEC in connection with a Future Public Offering.
6. Taxes. THE REINVESTMENT OF DISTRIBUTIONS DOES NOT RELIEVE A PARTICIPANT OF ANY INCOME TAX LIABILITY THAT MAY BE PAYABLE ON THE DISTRIBUTIONS. INFORMATION REGARDING POTENTIAL TAX INCOME LIABILITY OF PARTICIPANTS MAY BE FOUND IN THE PUBLIC FILINGS MADE BY THE COMPANY WITH THE SEC.
7. Share Certificates. The ownership of the Shares purchased through the Plan will be in book-entry form unless and until the Company issues certificates for its outstanding Shares.
8. Reports. On a quarterly basis, the Company shall provide each Participant a statement of account describing, as to such Participant: (i) the Distributions reinvested during the quarter; (ii) the number and class of Shares purchased pursuant to the Plan during the quarter; (iii) the per Share purchase price for such Shares; and (iv) the total number of Shares purchased on behalf of the Participant under the Plan. On an annual basis, tax information with respect to income earned on Shares under the Plan for the calendar year will be provided to each applicable participant.
9. Termination by Participant. A Participant may terminate participation in the Plan at any time, without penalty, by delivering 10 days prior written notice to the Company. This notice must be received by the Company prior to the last day of a quarter in order for a Participants termination to be effective for such quarter (i.e., a timely termination notice will be effective as of the last day of a quarter in which it is timely received and will not affect participation in the Plan for any prior quarter). Any transfer of Shares by a Participant to a non-Participant will terminate participation in the Plan with respect to the transferred Shares. If a Participant requests that the Company repurchase all or any portion of the Participants Shares, the Participants participation in the Plan with respect to the Participants Shares for which repurchase was requested but that were not repurchased will be terminated. If a Participant terminates Plan participation, the Company may, at its option, ensure that the terminating Participants account will reflect the whole number of Shares in such Participants account and provide a check for the cash value of any fractional share in such account. Upon termination of Plan participation for any reason, future Distributions will be distributed to the Stockholder in cash.
10. Amendment, Suspension or Termination by the Company. The Board of Directors may by majority vote amend any aspect of the Plan; provided, however, that the Plan cannot be amended to eliminate a Participants right to terminate participation in the Plan and that notice of any material amendment must be provided to Participants at least 10 days prior to the effective date of that amendment. The Board of Directors may by majority vote suspend or terminate the Plan for any reason upon 10 days written notice to the Participants.
11. Liability of the Company. The Company shall not be liable for any act done in good faith, or for any good faith omission to act, including, without limitation, any claims or liability (i) arising out of failure to terminate a Participants account upon such Participants death prior to timely receipt of notice in writing of such death or (ii) with respect to the time and the prices at which Shares are purchased or sold for a Participants account. To the extent that indemnification may apply to liabilities arising under the Securities Act, or the securities laws of a particular state, the Company has been advised that, in the opinion of the SEC and certain state securities commissioners, such indemnification is contrary to public policy and, therefore, unenforceable.