Form of Restricted Stock Unit Award Agreement for Non-Executive Directors under the Invesco Ltd. 2016 Global Equity Incentive Plan, as amended and restated (May 2021)
EX-10.2 3 ivz2q2021ex102.htm EX-10.2 Document
INVESCO LTD. 2016 GLOBAL EQUITY INCENTIVE PLAN
RESTRICTED STOCK UNIT AWARD AGREEMENT – TIME VESTING
Invesco Ltd. (“Company”)
hereby awards to
(“Participant” or “you”)
[Number of Shares Granted]
Restricted Stock Units
as of [Grant Date] (“Grant Date”)
Subject to the conditions of the Invesco Ltd. 2016 Global Equity Incentive Plan as in effect from time to time (“Plan”) and this Award Agreement (including any applicable addendum), the Company hereby grants to you the number of Restricted Stock Units set forth above, which shall become vested and non-forfeitable on the first anniversary of the Grant Date. This Award is part of your compensation as a non-executive director of the Company.
This Award shall be effective as of the Grant Date set forth above. You acknowledge that you have received a copy of the Plan’s prospectus, that you have read and understood the following Terms and Conditions, which are incorporated herein by reference, and that you agree to the following Terms and Conditions and the terms of the Plan. The Shares issued pursuant to this Award are subject to the provisions of the Non-Executive Director Stock Ownership Policy or any successor policy of the Company.
Continued on the following page
TERMS AND CONDITIONS – Restricted Stock Units – Non-Executive Directors - Time Vesting
1. Plan Controls; Restricted Stock Units. In consideration of this Award, you hereby promise to honor and to be bound by the Plan and this Award Agreement, including the following terms and conditions, which serve as the agreed basis for your Award. The terms contained in the Plan are incorporated into and made a part of this Award Agreement, and this Award Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Plan. The “Restricted Stock Units” (or “RSUs”) represent a contractual obligation of the Company to deliver the number of Shares specified on page 1 hereof pursuant to the terms of Section 10 of the Plan and the additional terms and restrictions hereunder. Unless the context otherwise requires, and solely for purposes of these Terms and Conditions, the term “Company” means Invesco Ltd., its Affiliates and their respective successors and assigns, as applicable. Capitalized terms used herein and not otherwise defined shall have the meanings assigned to them in the Plan.
2. Restrictions. RSUs may not be sold, assigned, transferred, pledged or otherwise encumbered. Upon your Termination of Service for any reason other than as set forth in Paragraph 3 hereof, you shall forfeit all of your right, title and interest in and to any unvested RSUs as of the date of your Termination of Service.
3. Vesting and Conversion to Shares. The RSUs will vest and become nonforfeitable upon the earliest to occur of the following:
(a) the first anniversary of the Grant Date, provided that you have not experienced a Termination of Service before such date, or
(b) in the event of your Termination of Service due to death or Disability, as of the date of your Termination of Service, or
(c) in the event of your Termination of Service due to resignation or retirement, as of the first anniversary of the Grant Date; provided, however, in the event such voluntary Termination of Service occurs before the first anniversary of the Grant Date, a prorated number of RSUs (based on the proration of the one-year period between the Grant Date and the first anniversary of the Grant Date that you served as a director, rounded down to the nearest whole Share) will be converted to Shares as of the first anniversary of the Grant Date, and you will forfeit the remaining RSUs, or
(d) in the event of a Change in Control and this Award Agreement is not assumed, converted or replaced in connection with the transaction that constitutes the Change in Control, as of the date of such Change in Control, or
(e) in the event of your Termination of Service following a Change in Control that occurs after the Grant Date but before the first anniversary of the Grant Date, by the Company other than for Cause, as of the first anniversary of the Grant Date.
Upon the expiration or termination of an applicable restriction set forth in this Paragraph 3, unrestricted Shares will be delivered to you as soon thereafter as practicable.
3.1 Conversion and Payment. Unless the RSUs are forfeited, the RSUs will be converted into an equal number of Shares which will be delivered as soon as practicable thereafter. If you are subject to U.S. federal income tax on such Shares, such Shares will be delivered not later than March 15 of the year following the year in which the vesting occurs.
Notwithstanding anything in these Terms and Conditions or the Plan to the contrary, the Company may, in its sole discretion, settle the RSUs in the form of a cash payment to the extent settlement in Shares is prohibited under local law, rules and regulations, or would require the Company and/or you to secure any legal or regulatory approvals, complete any legal or regulatory filings, or is administratively burdensome. In addition, the Company may require you to sell any Shares acquired under the Plan at such times as may be required to comply with any local legal or regulatory requirements (in which case, you hereby expressly authorize the Company to issue sales instructions on your behalf).
4. No Shareholder Rights; Payment in Lieu of Dividends. You shall have none of the rights of a shareholder of the Company with respect to the RSUs, provided, however, that if and when cash dividends are paid with respect to the Shares while you serve as a Non-Executive Director, the Company shall pay to you as additional compensation an amount in cash equal to the amount of such dividends with respect to the number of Shares then underlying the RSUs.
5. Data Privacy. Pursuant to applicable personal data protection laws, the Company hereby notifies you of the following in relation to your personal data and the collection, use, processing and transfer (collectively, the “Use”) of such data in relation to the Company’s grant of the RSUs and your participation in the Plan. The Use of your personal data is necessary for the Company’s administration of the Plan and your participation in the Plan. Your denial and/or objection to the Use of personal data may affect your participation in the Plan. As such, you voluntarily acknowledge, consent and agree (where required by applicable law) to the Use of personal data as described in this Paragraph 5.
The Company holds certain personal information about you, which may include your name, home address and telephone number, date of birth, social security number or other identification number, any Shares held by you, details of all RSUs or any other entitlement to Shares awarded in your favor, for the purpose of managing and administering the Plan (“Data”). The Data may be provided by you or collected, where lawful, from the Company, Affiliates or third parties, and the Company will process the Data for the exclusive purpose of implementing, administering and managing your participation in the Plan. The data processing will take place through electronic and non-electronic means according to logics and procedures strictly correlated to the purposes for which Data are collected and with confidentiality and security provisions as set forth by applicable laws and regulations in your country of residence. Data processing operations will be performed minimizing the use of personal and identification data when such data are unnecessary for the processing purposes sought. Data will be accessible within the Company’s organization only by those persons requiring access for purposes of the implementation, administration and operation of the Plan and for your participation in the Plan.
The Company will transfer Data amongst themselves as necessary for the purpose of implementation, administration and management of your participation in the Plan, and the Company may each further transfer Data to any third parties assisting the Company in the implementation, administration and management of the Plan. These recipients may be located in the European Economic Area, or
- 2 -
elsewhere throughout the world, such as the United States. You hereby authorize them to receive, possess, use, retain and transfer the Data, in electronic or other form, for purposes of implementing, administering and managing your participation in the Plan, including any requisite transfer of such Data as may be required for the administration of the Plan and/or the subsequent holding of Shares on your behalf to a broker or other third party with whom you may elect to deposit any Shares acquired pursuant to the Plan.
You may, at any time, exercise your rights provided under applicable personal data protection laws, which may include the right to (a) obtain confirmation as to the existence of the Data, (b) verify the content, origin and accuracy of the Data, (c) request the integration, update, amendment, deletion, or blockage (for breach of applicable laws) of the Data, and (d) oppose, for legal reasons, the collection, processing or transfer of the Data that is not necessary or required for the implementation, administration and/or operation of the Plan and your participation in the Plan. You may seek to exercise these rights by contacting Invesco, Ltd., Sr. Manager, Executive Compensation, 1555 Peachtree Street, NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30309.
6. Notice. Notices and communications under this Award Agreement must be in writing and either personally delivered or sent by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested, postage prepaid. Notices to the Company must be addressed to Invesco Ltd., Sr. Manager, Executive Compensation, 1555 Peachtree Street, NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30309, or to any other address designated by the Company in a written notice to you. Notices to you will be directed to your address then currently on file with the Company, or to any other address given by you in a written notice to the Company.
7. Compliance with Laws. As a condition to the grant of these RSUs, you agree to repatriate all amounts attributable to the RSUs in accordance with local foreign exchange rules and regulations in your country of residence. In addition, you also agree to take any and all actions, and consent to any and all actions taken by the Company and the Company’s local Affiliates, as may be required to allow the Company and the Company’s local Affiliates to comply with local laws, rules and regulations in your country of residence. Finally, you agree to take any and all actions as may be required to comply with your personal legal and tax obligations under local laws, rules and regulations in your country of residence.
8. Addendum to Award Agreement. Notwithstanding any provisions in this Award Agreement to the contrary, the RSUs shall be subject to any special terms and conditions for your country of residence, as may be set forth in an addendum to this Award Agreement (“Addendum”). Further, if you transfer residency to another country as may be reflected in an Addendum to this Award Agreement, the special terms and conditions for such country will apply to your RSUs to the extent the Company determines, in its sole discretion, that the application of such terms and conditions is necessary or advisable in order to comply with local laws, rules and regulations or to facilitate the administration of the RSUs and the Plan (or the Company may establish alternative terms and conditions as may be necessary or advisable to accommodate your transfer). Any applicable Addendum shall constitute part of this Award Agreement.
9. Additional Requirements. The Company reserves the right to impose other requirements on the RSUs, any Shares acquired
pursuant to the RSUs, and your participation in the Plan, to the extent the Company determines, in its sole discretion, that such other requirements are necessary or advisable in order to comply with local law, rules and regulations or to facilitate the operation and administration of the RSUs and the Plan. Such requirements may include (but are not limited to) requiring you to sign any agreements or undertakings that may be necessary to accomplish the foregoing.
10. Electronic Delivery. The Company may, in its sole discretion, decide to deliver any documents related to the RSUs by electronic means. You hereby consent to receive such documents by electronic delivery and agree to participate in the Plan through an on-line or electronic system established and maintained by the Company or a third party designated by the Company. Any such procedures and delivery may be effected by a third party engaged by the Company to provide administrative services related to the Plan.
T&Cs – Non-Executive Directors
2016 GEIP RSU Agreement (May 2021)
- 3 -
INVESCO LTD. 2016 GLOBAL EQUITY INCENTIVE PLAN
RESTRICTED STOCK UNIT AGREEMENT – TIME VESTING
In addition to the terms of the Invesco Ltd. 2016 Global Equity Incentive Plan (the “Plan”) and the Restricted Stock Unit Agreement – Time Vesting (the “Agreement”), the RSUs are subject to the following additional terms and conditions as set forth in this addendum (the “Addendum”). All defined terms as contained in this Addendum shall have the same meaning as set forth in the Plan and the Agreement. To the extent you relocate your residency to another country, the additional terms and conditions as set forth in the addendum for such country (if any) also shall apply to the RSUs to the extent the Company determines, in its sole discretion, that the application of such addendum is necessary or advisable in order to comply with local laws, rules and regulations, or to facilitate the operation and administration of the RSUs and the Plan (or the Company may establish alternative terms and conditions as may be necessary or advisable to accommodate your transfer).
1. Nature of the Award. The RSUs are not granted under the French specific regime provided by Articles L225-197-1 and seq. of the French Commercial Code.
2. Use of English Language. By accepting the RSUs, you acknowledge and agree that it is your express wish that the Agreement, this Addendum, as well as all other documents, notices and legal proceedings entered into, given or instituted pursuant to the RSUs, either directly or indirectly, be drawn up in English.
L'utilisation de la langue anglaise. En acceptant le RSUs, le participant reconnaît et accepte que ce est la volonté expresse du participant que l'Accord, le présent addenda, ainsi que tous les autres documents, avis et procédures judiciaires exécutés, donnés ou engagée conformément à la RSUs, soit directement ou indirectement, être rédigés en anglais.
- 4 -