FIRST AMENDMENT TO DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT
THIS FIRST AMENDMENT TO DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT (this “Amendment”) is entered into as of this 18th day of June, 2020, by and between IIP-IL 3 LLC, a Delaware limited liability company (“Landlord”), PHARMACANN INC., a Delaware corporation (f/k/a PHARMACANN LLC, an Illinois limited liability company) (“Tenant”), and IIP Operating Partnership, LP, a Delaware limited partnership (“Parent Company”).
A. WHEREAS, Landlord, Tenant and Parent Company are parties to that certain Development Agreement dated October 30, 2019 (the “Existing Development Agreement”), providing for Tenant’s construction and development of certain Improvements on the Land and for Landlord’s payment or reimbursement to Tenant for the costs of completing the Improvements up to the Construction Contribution Amount, subject to and in accordance with the terms of the Existing Development Agreement and the Lease, for the property located at 1200 East Mazon, Dwight, Illinois 60420;
B. WHEREAS, concurrently with the execution of this Amendment, Tenant and Landlord shall execute an amendment to the Lease; and
C. WHEREAS, Landlord, Tenant and Parent Company desire to modify and amend the Existing Development Agreement only in the respects and on the conditions hereinafter stated.
NOW, THEREFORE, Landlord, Tenant and Parent Company, in consideration of the mutual promises contained herein and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, and intending to be legally bound, agree as follows:
1. Definitions. For purposes of this Amendment, capitalized terms shall have the meanings ascribed to them in the Existing Development Agreement unless otherwise defined herein. The Existing Development Agreement, as amended by this Amendment, is referred to collectively herein as the “Development Agreement.” From and after the date hereof, the term “Development Agreement,” as used in the Existing Development Agreement and Lease, shall mean the Existing Development Agreement, as amended by this Amendment.
2. Definitions. “Construction Contribution Amount” is hereby amended and restated in its entirety as follows:
““Construction Contribution Amount” shall mean an amount not to exceed Ten Million Dollars ($10,000,000.00).”
3. Completion Date. The estimated date for completion of the Improvements as set forth in the Schedule and the Development Plan and Budget approved by Landlord is hereby changed to December 31, 2020.
4. Construction Contribution Deadline. The definition of “Construction Contribution Deadline” set forth in Section 6.1 is hereby modified and changed to January 31, 2021.
5. No Default. Each of Tenant and Landlord represents, warrants and covenants that, to the best of its knowledge, Landlord and Tenant are not in default of any of their respective obligations under the Existing Development Agreement and no event has occurred that, with the passage of time or the giving of notice (or both) would constitute a default by either Landlord or Tenant thereunder.
6. Effect of Amendment. Except as modified by this Amendment, the Existing Development Agreement and all the covenants, agreements, terms, provisions and conditions thereof shall remain in full force and