Form of Restricted Stock Agreement under the Amended and Restated 2017 Employee, Director and Consultant Equity Incentive Plan (to be effective upon completion of this offering)
RESTRICTED STOCK AGREEMENT
AGREEMENT made as of the [ ] day of [ ], 20[ ] (the Grant Date), between Inhibrx, Inc. (the Company), a Delaware corporation, and [ ] (the Participant).
WHEREAS, the Company has adopted the Amended and Restated 2017 Employee, Director and Consultant Equity Incentive Plan (the Plan) to promote the interests of the Company by providing an incentive for Employees, directors and Consultants of the Company or its Affiliates;
WHEREAS, pursuant to the provisions of the Plan, the Company desires to offer to the Participant shares of the Companys common stock, $0.0001 par value per share (Common Stock), in accordance with the provisions of the Plan, all on the terms and conditions hereinafter set forth;
WHEREAS, the Participant wishes to accept said offer; and
WHEREAS, the parties hereto understand and agree that any terms used and not defined herein have the meanings ascribed to such terms in the Plan.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the premises and the mutual covenants contained herein and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, the parties hereto hereby agree as follows:
1. Terms of Grant. The Participant hereby accepts the offer of the Company to issue to the Participant, in accordance with the terms of the Plan and this Agreement, [ ( )] shares of the Companys Common Stock (such shares, subject to adjustment pursuant to Paragraph 25 of the Plan and Subsection 2(h) hereof, the Granted Shares) at a per share purchase price of $[ ] (the Purchase Price), receipt of which is hereby acknowledged by the Company [by the Participants prior service to the Company and which amount will be reported as income on the Participants W-2 [or 1099] for this calendar year].
2. Restrictions on Granted Shares.
(a) Lapsing Repurchase Right. Except as set forth in Subsections 2(b) and 2(c) hereof, in the event that for any reason the Participant is no longer an Employee, director or Consultant of the Company or an Affiliate (the Termination) prior to [ ], the Company (or its designee) shall have the option, but not the obligation, to purchase from the Participant (or the Participants Survivor), and, in the event the Company exercises such option, the Participant (or the Participants Survivor) shall be obligated to sell to the Company (or its designee), at a price per Granted Share equal to the Purchase Price, all or any part of the Granted Shares which have not yet vested in accordance with the schedule set forth below (the Lapsing Repurchase Right). The Companys Lapsing Repurchase Right shall be valid for a period of one year commencing with the date of such Termination. Notwithstanding any other provision hereof, in the event the Company is prohibited during such one year period from exercising its Lapsing Repurchase Right by Section 160 of the Delaware General Corporation Law as amended from time to time (or any successor provision), then the time period during which such Lapsing Repurchase Right may be exercised shall be extended until 30 days after the Company is first not so prohibited.
The Companys Lapsing Repurchase Right is as follows:
[Insert Lapsing Repurchase Right (vesting schedule)]
(b) Effect of Termination for Disability or upon Death. The following rules apply to the Companys Lapsing Repurchase Right if the Participants Termination is by reason of Disability or death: to the extent the Companys Lapsing Repurchase Right has not lapsed as of the date of Termination due to Disability or death, as the case may be, the Company may exercise such Lapsing Repurchase Right; provided, however, that the Companys Lapsing Repurchase Right shall be deemed to have lapsed to the extent of a pro rata portion of the Granted Shares
through the date of Termination due to Disability or death, as would have lapsed had the Participant not been terminated due to Disability or death, as the case may be. The proration shall be based upon the number of days accrued in such current vesting period prior to the Participants date of Termination due to Disability or death, as the case may be. In the case of death all Granted Shares which are no longer subject to the Companys Lapsing Repurchase Right shall be issued to the Participants Survivor.
(c) Effect of a For Cause Termination. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this Agreement, in the event of the Participants Termination for Cause or in the event the Administrator determines, within one year after the Participants Termination, that either prior or subsequent to the Participants Termination the Participant engaged in conduct that would constitute Cause, all of the Granted Shares then held by the Participant shall be forfeited to the Company immediately as of the time the Participant is notified that he or she has been terminated for Cause or that he or she engaged in conduct which would constitute Cause.
(d) Closing. In the event that the Company exercises the Lapsing Repurchase Right, the Company shall notify the Participant, or, in the case of the Participants death, the Participants Survivor, in writing of its intent to repurchase the Granted Shares. Such notice may be mailed by the Company up to and including the last day of the time period provided for above for exercise of the Lapsing Repurchase Right. The notice shall specify the place, time and date for payment of the repurchase price (the Repurchase Right Closing) and the number of Granted Shares with respect to which the Company is exercising the Lapsing Repurchase Right. The Repurchase Right Closing shall be not less than ten days nor more than 60 days from the date of mailing of the notice, and the Participant or the Participants Survivor with respect to the Granted Shares which the Company elects to repurchase shall have no further rights as the owner thereof from and after the date specified in the notice. At the Repurchase Right Closing, the repurchase price shall be delivered to the Participant or the Participants Survivor and the Granted Shares being repurchased, duly endorsed for transfer, shall, to the extent that they are not then in the possession of the Company, be delivered to the Company by the Participant or the Participants Survivor.
(e) Escrow. The Granted Shares issued to the Participant hereunder which from time to time are subject to the Lapsing Repurchase Right shall be held in escrow by the Company as provided in this Subsection 2(e). As the Granted Shares become vested from time to time the Company shall promptly release from escrow and deliver to the Participant the Granted Shares as to which the Companys Lapsing Repurchase Right has lapsed. In the event of a repurchase by the Company of Granted Shares subject to the Lapsing Repurchase Right, the Company shall release from escrow and cancel the number of Granted Shares so repurchased. Any cash or securities distributed in respect of the Granted Shares held in escrow, including, without limitation, ordinary cash dividends or shares issued as a result of stock splits, stock dividends or other recapitalizations (Retained Distributions), shall also be held in escrow in the same manner as the Granted Shares and all Retained Distributions shall be forfeited to the Company or released from escrow and delivered to the Participant, as the case may be, at such time and in such manner as the Granted Shares to which such Retained Distributions so relate. All ordinary cash dividends retained hereunder shall, during the period in which such dividends are retained by the Company, be deposited into an account at a financial institution selected by the Company, which shall not be required to bear interest or be segregated in a separate account.
(f) Prohibition on Transfer. The Participant recognizes and agrees that all Granted Shares and Retained Distributions which are subject to the Lapsing Repurchase Right may not be sold, transferred, assigned, hypothecated, pledged, encumbered or otherwise disposed of, whether voluntarily or by operation of law, other than to the Company (or its designee). However, the Participant, with the approval of the Administrator, may transfer the Granted Shares and Retained Distributions for no consideration to or for the benefit of the Participants Immediate Family (including, without limitation, to a trust for the benefit of the Participants Immediate Family or to a partnership or limited liability company for one or more members of the Participants Immediate Family), subject to such limits as the Administrator may establish, and the transferee shall remain subject to all the terms and conditions applicable to this Agreement prior to such transfer and each such transferee shall so acknowledge in writing as a condition precedent to the effectiveness of such transfer. The term Immediate Family shall mean the Participants spouse, former spouse, parents, children, stepchildren, adoptive relationships, sisters, brothers, nieces and nephews and grandchildren (and, for this purpose, shall also include the Participant. The Company shall not be required to transfer any Granted Shares or Retained Distributions on its books which shall have been sold, assigned or otherwise transferred in violation of this Subsection 2(f), or to treat as the owner of such Granted Shares or Retained Distributions, or to accord the right to vote as such owner or to pay dividends to, any person or organization to which any such Granted Shares shall have been so sold, assigned or otherwise transferred, in violation of this Subsection 2(f).
(g) Failure to Deliver Granted Shares to be Repurchased. In the event that the Granted Shares to be repurchased by the Company under this Agreement are not in the Companys possession pursuant to Subsection 2(e) above or otherwise and the Participant or the Participants Survivor fails to deliver such Granted Shares to the Company (or its designee), the Company may elect to (i) establish a segregated account in the amount of the repurchase price, such account to be turned over to the Participant or the Participants Survivor upon delivery of such Granted Shares, and (ii) immediately take such action as is appropriate to transfer record title of such Granted Shares from the Participant to the Company (or its designee) and to treat the Participant and such Granted Shares in all respects as if delivery of such Granted Shares had been made as required by this Agreement. The Participant hereby irrevocably grants the Company a power of attorney which shall be coupled with an interest for the purpose of effectuating the preceding sentence.
(h) Adjustments. The Plan contains provisions covering the treatment of Shares in a number of contingencies such as stock splits and mergers. Provisions in the Plan for adjustment with respect to the Shares and the related provisions with respect to successors to the business of the Company are hereby made applicable hereunder and are incorporated herein by reference.
3. Securities Law Compliance. The Participant specifically acknowledges and agrees that any sales of Granted Shares shall be made in accordance with the requirements of the Securities Act. The Company currently has an effective registration statement on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission with respect to the Granted Shares. The Company intends to maintain this registration statement but has no obligation to do so. If the registration statement ceases to be effective for any reason, you will not be able to transfer or sell any of the Granted Shares issued to you pursuant to this Agreement unless exemptions from registration under applicable securities laws are available. The Company shall not be obligated to either issue the Granted Shares or permit the resale of any Granted Shares if such issuance or resale would violate any securities law, rule or regulation.
4. Legend. In addition to any legend required pursuant to the Plan, all certificates representing the Granted Shares issued to the Participant pursuant to this Agreement shall have endorsed thereon a legend substantially as follows:
THE SHARES REPRESENTED BY THIS CERTIFICATE ARE SUBJECT TO RESTRICTIONS SET FORTH IN A RESTRICTED STOCK AGREEMENT DATED AS OF [ ], 20[ ] WITH THIS COMPANY, A COPY OF WHICH AGREEMENT IS AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION AT THE OFFICES OF THE COMPANY OR WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.
5. Rights as a Stockholder. The Participant shall have all the rights of a stockholder with respect to the Granted Shares, including voting and dividend rights, subject to the transfer and other restrictions set forth herein, including pursuant to Section 2(e) hereof and in the Plan.
6. Incorporation of the Plan. The Participant specifically understands and agrees that the Granted Shares issued under the Plan are being sold to the Participant pursuant to the Plan, a copy of which Plan the Participant acknowledges he or she has read and understands and by which Plan he or she agrees to be bound. The provisions of the Plan are incorporated herein by reference.
7. Tax Liability of the Participant and Payment of Taxes. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that any income or other taxes due from the Participant with respect to the Granted Shares issued pursuant to this Agreement, including, without limitation, the Lapsing Repurchase Right, shall be the Participants responsibility. Without limiting the foregoing, the Participant agrees that, to the extent that the lapsing of restrictions on disposition of any of the Granted Shares or the declaration of dividends on any such shares before the lapse of such restrictions on disposition results in the Participants being deemed to be in receipt of earned income under the provisions of the Code, the Company shall be entitled to immediate payment from the Participant of the amount of any tax required to be withheld by the Company.
Upon execution of this Agreement, the Participant may file an election under Section 83 of the Code in substantially the form attached as Exhibit A. The Participant acknowledges that if he or she does not file such an election, as the Granted Shares are released from the Lapsing Repurchase Right in accordance with Section 2, the
Participant will have income for tax purposes equal to the Fair Market Value of the Granted Shares at such date, less the price paid for the Granted Shares by the Participant. The Participant has been given the opportunity to obtain the advice of his or her tax advisors with respect to the tax consequences of the purchase of the Granted Shares and the provisions of this Agreement.
If the Participant has not filed an election under Section 83 of the Code, the Participant shall be required to deposit with the Company an amount of cash equal to the amount determined by the Company to be required with respect to the statutory minimum of the Participants estimated total federal, state and local tax obligations associated with the termination of the Lapsing Repurchase Right with respect to the Granted Shares. In connection with the foregoing, the Participant agrees that if an arrangement to pay the withholding obligation in cash has not been received by the Company prior to the vesting date, the Company shall authorize a registered broker(s) (the Broker) to sell on the date that the Granted Shares shall be released from the Lapsing Repurchase Right such number of Granted Shares as the Company instructs the Broker to sell to satisfy the Companys withholding obligations, after deduction of the Brokers commission, and the Broker shall remit to the Company the cash necessary in order for the Company to satisfy its withholding obligation. To the extent the proceeds of such sale exceed the Companys tax withholding obligation the Company agrees to pay such excess cash to the Participant as soon as practicable. In addition, if such sale is not sufficient to pay the Companys tax withholding obligation the Participant agrees to pay to the Company as soon as practicable, including through additional payroll withholding, the amount of any tax withholding obligation that is not satisfied by the sale of shares of Common Stock. The Participant agrees to hold the Company and the Broker harmless from all costs, damages or expenses relating to any such sale. The Participant acknowledges that the Company and the Broker are under no obligation to arrange for such sale at any particular price. In connection with such sale of Granted Shares, the Participant shall execute any such documents requested by the Broker in order to effectuate the sale of the Granted Shares and payment of the withholding obligation to the Company. The Company shall not deliver any shares of Common Stock to the Participant until all of the Companys withholding obligations have been satisfied. The Participant acknowledges that this paragraph is intended to comply with Section 10b5-1(c)(1)(i)(B) under the Exchange Act. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company shall have the right to require the Company payments be made in cash instead of through the sale of shares of Common Stock if it reasonably believes that the sale of shares would violate applicable securities laws.
8. Equitable Relief. The Participant specifically acknowledges and agrees that in the event of a breach or threatened breach of the provisions of this Agreement or the Plan, including the attempted transfer of the Granted Shares by the Participant in violation of this Agreement, monetary damages may not be adequate to compensate the Company, and, therefore, in the event of such a breach or threatened breach, in addition to any right to damages, the Company shall be entitled to equitable relief in any court having competent jurisdiction. Nothing herein shall be construed as prohibiting the Company from pursuing any other remedies available to it for any such breach or threatened breach.
9. No Obligation to Maintain Relationship. The Participant acknowledges that: (i) the Company is not by the Plan or this Agreement obligated to continue the Participant as an Employee, director or Consultant of the Company or an Affiliate; (ii) the Plan is discretionary in nature and may be suspended or terminated by the Company at any time; (iii) the grant of the Granted Shares is a one-time benefit which does not create any contractual or other right to receive future grants of Shares, or benefits in lieu of Shares; (iv) all determinations with respect to any such future grants, including, but not limited to, the times when Shares shall be granted, the number of Shares to be granted, the purchase price, and the time or times when each Share shall be free from a lapsing repurchase or forfeiture right, will be at the sole discretion of the Company; (v) the Participants participation in the Plan is voluntary; (vi) the value of the Granted Shares is an extraordinary item of compensation which is outside the scope of the Participants employment contract, if any; and (vii) the Granted Shares are not part of normal or expected compensation for purposes of calculating any severance, resignation, redundancy, end of service payments, bonuses, long-service awards, pension or retirement benefits or similar payments.
10. Notices. Any notices required or permitted by the terms of this Agreement or the Plan shall be given by recognized courier service, facsimile, registered or certified mail, return receipt requested, addressed as follows:
If to the Company:
11025 N. Torrey Pines Road, Suite 200
La Jolla, CA 92037
If to the Participant:
or to such other address or addresses of which notice in the same manner has previously been given. Any such notice shall be deemed to have been given on the earliest of receipt, one business day following delivery by the sender to a recognized courier service, or three business days following mailing by registered or certified mail.
11. Benefit of Agreement. Subject to the provisions of the Plan and the other provisions hereof, this Agreement shall be for the benefit of and shall be binding upon the heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns of the parties hereto.
12. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware, without giving effect to the conflict of law principles thereof. For the purpose of litigating any dispute that arises under this Agreement, whether at law or in equity, the parties hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction in the State of California and agree that such litigation shall be conducted in the state courts of San Diego County, California or the federal courts of the United States for the Southern District of the State of California.
13. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then such provision or provisions shall be modified to the extent necessary to make such provision valid and enforceable, and to the extent that this is impossible, then such provision shall be deemed to be excised from this Agreement, and the validity, legality and enforceability of the rest of this Agreement shall not be affected thereby.
14. Entire Agreement. This Agreement, together with the Plan, constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between the parties hereto with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior oral or written agreements and understandings relating to the subject matter hereof. No statement, representation, warranty, covenant or agreement not expressly set forth in this Agreement shall affect or be used to interpret, change or restrict the express terms and provisions of this Agreement provided, however, in any event, this Agreement shall be subject to and governed by the Plan.
15. Modifications and Amendments; Waivers and Consents. The terms and provisions of this Agreement may be modified or amended as provided in the Plan. Except as provided in the Plan, the terms and provisions of this Agreement may be waived, or consent for the departure therefrom granted, only by written document executed by the party entitled to the benefits of such terms or provisions. No such waiver or consent shall be deemed to be or shall constitute a waiver or consent with respect to any other terms or provisions of this Agreement, whether or not similar. Each such waiver or consent shall be effective only in the specific instance and for the purpose for which it was given, and shall not constitute a continuing waiver or consent.
16. Consent of Spouse/Domestic Partner. If the Participant has a spouse or a domestic partner as of the date of this Agreement, the Participants spouse or domestic partner shall execute a Consent of Spouse/Domestic Partner in the form of Exhibit B hereto, effective as of the date hereof. Such consent shall not be deemed to confer or convey to the spouse or domestic partner any rights in the Granted Shares that do not otherwise exist by operation of law or the agreement of the parties. If the Participant subsequent to the date hereof, marries, remarries or applies to the Company for domestic partner benefits, the Participant shall, not later than 60 days thereafter, obtain his or her new spouses/domestic partners acknowledgement of and consent to the existence and binding effect of all restrictions
contained in this Agreement by having such spouse/domestic partner execute and deliver a Consent of Spouse/Domestic Partner in the form of Exhibit B.
17. Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in one or more counterparts, and by different parties hereto on separate counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original, but all of which together shall constitute one and the same instrument.
18. Data Privacy. By entering into this Agreement, the Participant: (i) authorizes the Company and each Affiliate, and any agent of the Company or any Affiliate administering the Plan or providing Plan recordkeeping services, to disclose to the Company or any of its Affiliates such information and data as the Company or any such Affiliate shall request in order to facilitate the grant of Shares and the administration of the Plan; and (ii) authorizes the Company and each Affiliate to store and transmit such information in electronic form for the purposes set forth in this Agreement.
[THE NEXT PAGE IS THE SIGNATURE PAGE]
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have executed this Agreement as of the day and year first above written.
IF YOU WISH TO MAKE A SECTION 83(B) ELECTION, THE FILING OF SUCH ELECTION IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
THE FORM FOR MAKING THIS SECTION 83(B) ELECTION IS ATTACHED TO THIS AGREEMENT AS EXHIBIT E-4.
YOU MUST FILE THIS FORM WITHIN 30 DAYS OF PURCHASING THE SHARES.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO FILE THIS FORM WITH THE IRS, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU ASK THE COMPANY OR ITS AGENTS TO MAKE THIS FILING ON YOUR BEHALF, EVEN IF THE COMPANY OR ITS AGENTS HAVE PREVIOUSLY MADE THIS FILING ON YOUR BEHALF.
The election should be filed by mailing a signed election form by certified mail, return receipt requested to the IRS Service Center where you file your tax returns. See <www.irs.gov
Election to Include Gross Income in Year
of Transfer Pursuant to Section 83(b)
of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended
In accordance with Section 83(b) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended (the Code), the undersigned hereby elects to include in his or her, as applicable, gross income as compensation for services the excess, if any, of the fair market value of the property (described below) at the time of transfer over the amount paid for such property.
The following sets forth the information required in accordance with the Code and the regulations promulgated thereunder:
The name, address and social security number of the undersigned and the taxable year for this this election is being made are:
Social Security No.:
The description of the property with respect to which the election is being made is as follows:
( ) shares (the Shares) of Common Stock, $0.0001 par value per share, of Inhibrx, Inc., a Delaware corporation (the Company).
The property was transferred to the taxpayer on [Date].
The property is subject to the following restrictions:
In the event the taxpayers service with the Company or an Affiliate is terminated (the Termination), the Company may repurchase all or any portion of the Shares determined as set forth below at the purchase price paid by the taxpayer (the Repurchase Option):
If the Termination takes place on or prior to , the Repurchase Option will apply to all of the Shares.
If the Termination takes place after , the number of Shares to which the Repurchase Option applies shall be ( ) Shares less ( ) Shares for each full twelve (12) month period elapsed after that the Participant continues to serve as an Employee, director or Consultant of the Company or an Affiliate.
The fair market value of the property at the time of transfer (determined without regard to any restrictions other than a non-lapse restriction as defined in § 1.83-3(h) of the Income Tax Regulations) is $ ($[ ] per Share multiplied by [ ] Shares).
The amount paid by taxpayer for said property was $ ($[ ] per Share multiplied by [ ] Shares).
The amount to include in gross income is $[ ]. [The amount reported in Item 5 minus the amount reported in Item 6.]
The undersigned taxpayer will file this election with the Internal Revenue Service office with which taxpayer files his or her annual income tax return not later than 30 days after the date of transfer of the property. A copy of the election
also will be furnished to the person for whom the services were performed. The undersigned is the person performing the services in connection with which the property was transferred.
Signed this day of , 20 .
CONSENT OF SPOUSE/DOMESTIC PARTNER
I, , spouse or domestic partner of , acknowledge that I have read the RESTRICTED STOCK AGREEMENT dated as of , 20 (the Agreement) to which this Consent is attached as Exhibit B and that I know its contents. Capitalized terms used and not defined herein shall have the meanings assigned to such terms in the Agreement. I am aware that by its provisions the Granted Shares granted to my spouse/domestic partner pursuant to the Agreement are subject to a Lapsing Repurchase Right in favor of Inhibrx, Inc. (the Company) and that, accordingly, the Company has the right to repurchase up to all of the Granted Shares of which I may become possessed as a result of a gift from my spouse/domestic partner or a court decree and/or any property settlement in any domestic litigation.
I hereby agree that my interest, if any, in the Granted Shares subject to the Agreement shall be irrevocably bound by the Agreement and further understand and agree that any community property interest I may have in the Granted Shares shall be similarly bound by the Agreement.
I agree to the Lapsing Repurchase Right described in the Agreement and I hereby consent to the repurchase of the Granted Shares by the Company and the sale of the Granted Shares by my spouse/domestic partner or my spouse/domestic partners legal representative in accordance with the provisions of the Agreement. Further, as part of the consideration for the Agreement, I agree that at my death, if I have not disposed of any interest of mine in the Granted Shares by an outright bequest of the Granted Shares to my spouse/domestic partner, then the Company shall have the same rights against my legal representative to exercise its rights of repurchase with respect to any interest of mine in the Granted Shares as it would have had pursuant to the Agreement if I had acquired the Granted Shares pursuant to a court decree in domestic litigation.
I AM AWARE THAT THE LEGAL, FINANCIAL AND RELATED MATTERS CONTAINED IN THE AGREEMENT ARE COMPLEX AND THAT I AM FREE TO SEEK INDEPENDENT PROFESSIONAL GUIDANCE OR COUNSEL WITH RESPECT TO THIS CONSENT. I HAVE EITHER SOUGHT SUCH GUIDANCE OR COUNSEL OR DETERMINED AFTER REVIEWING THE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY THAT I WILL WAIVE SUCH RIGHT.
Dated as of the day of , 20 .