Warrant to purchase common stock, issued by Inari Medical, Inc. to Croton Partners, LLC, dated February 19, 2015
NEITHER THIS WARRANT (AS DEFINED BELOW) NOR ANY SECURITIES THAT MAY BE ISSUED UPON EXERCISE HEREOF HAVE BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED, OR REGISTERED OR OTHERWISE QUALIFIED UNDER ANY STATE SECURITIES LAW. NEITHER THIS WARRANT NOR ANY SUCH SECURITIES MAY BE SOLD OR OFFERED FOR SALE IN THE ABSENCE OF AN EFFECTIVE REGISTRATION STATEMENT UNDER SAID ACT AND REGISTRATION OR OTHER QUALIFICATION UNDER ANY APPLICABLE STATE SECURITIES LAWS, OR AN OPINION OF COUNSEL, SATISFACTORY TO THE COMPANY (AS DEFINED BELOW) THAT SUCH REGISTRATION OR OTHER QUALIFICATION IS NOT REQUIRED.
INARI MEDICAL, INC.
COMMON STOCK WARRANT
This Common Stock Warrant (this Warrant) is issued as of February 19, 2015 (the Issuance Date) by Inari Medical, Inc., a Delaware corporation (the Company), to Croton Partners, LLC (the Holder).
1. Number of Shares. Subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein, the Holder is entitled, upon surrender of this Warrant at the principal office of the Company (or at such other place as the Company identifies in a written notice delivered to the Holder), to purchase from the Company Thirty Nine Thousand Seven Hundred Thirteen (39,713) shares (Shares) of the Companys Common Stock.
2. Exercise Period; Price.
2.1 Exercise Period. This Warrant is exercisable to the Shares covered hereby during the period commencing on the Issuance Date and continuing until 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time on the date which is ten (10) years following the Issuance Date, at which time this Warrant shall expire (the Expiration Date). Notwithstanding anything else to the contrary contained herein, should a Change of Control occur after the Issuance Date and before the Expiration Date, then this Warrant shall be exercisable as to Shares covered hereby as of immediately prior to the consummation of such Change of Control. For purposes of this Warrant, Change of Control shall mean a merger, consolidation or reorganization of the Company with or into any other company or companies (unless the stockholders of the Company immediately prior to such merger, consolidation or reorganization hold at least a majority of the outstanding voting equity securities of the surviving entity immediately after such merger, consolidation or reorganization), a sale of all or substantially all of the assets of the Company, or any transaction or series of related transactions by the Company in which in excess of fifty percent (50%) of the Companys voting power is issued or transferred to one or more corporations or other entities or persons.
2.2 Exercise Price. The initial purchase price for each of the Shares shall be $0.10 per share. Such price shall be subject to adjustment pursuant to the terms hereof (such price, as adjusted from time to time, is hereinafter referred to as the Exercise Price).
3. Method of Exercise.
3.1 Cash Exercise. Subject to Sections 1 and 2 above, the Holder may exercise, in whole or in part, the purchase rights evidenced by this Warrant. Such exercise shall be effected by: (i) the surrender of this Warrant, together with a duly executed copy of the form of exercise notice attached hereto as Annex I (the Exercise Notice), to the secretary of the Company at its principal office, accompanied by (ii) the payment to the Company by cash, check or wire transfer of an amount equal to the product of (A) the Exercise Price multiplied by (B) the number of Shares being purchased (such product, the Purchase Price).
3.2 Net Issuance. In lieu of payment of the Purchase Price described in Section 3.1 above, the Holder may elect to receive, without the payment by the Holder of any additional consideration, Shares equal to the value of this Warrant or any portion hereof, by the surrender of this Warrant or such portion to the Company, with the Exercise Notice duly executed and so signifying the net issuance election, to the secretary of the Company at its principal office. Thereupon, the Company shall issue to the Holder such number of fully paid and nonassessable Shares as is computed using the following formula:
where: X = Y (A-B)
X = the number of Shares to be issued to the Holder.
Y = the number of Shares covered by this Warrant in respect of which the net issuance election is made.
A = the fair market value of one Share, as determined in accordance with the provisions of this Section 3 as of the date of calculation.
B = the Exercise Price in effect under this Warrant at the time the net issuance election is made.
For purposes of this Section 3, the fair market value per Share shall be determined as follows:
(a) if traded on a securities exchange, the fair market value shall be deemed to be the average of the closing prices of the Shares on such exchange over the 30-day period ending three days prior to the closing of such transaction;
(b) if actively traded over-the-counter, the fair market value shall be deemed to be the average of the closing bid prices of the Shares over the 30-day period ending three days prior to the closing of such transaction; or
(c) if there is no active public market for the Shares, the fair market value shall be determined in good faith by the Board of Directors of the Company.
4. Certificates for Shares. Upon the exercise of the purchase rights evidenced by this Warrant, one or more certificates for the number of Shares so purchased shall be issued and delivered to the Holder as soon as practicable thereafter. Upon any partial exercise of this Warrant, the Company shall forthwith issue and deliver to the Holder a new warrant or warrants of like tenor as this Warrant for the remaining portion of the Shares for which this Warrant may still be exercised.
5. Issuance of Shares. The Company covenants that the Shares, when issued pursuant to the exercise of this Warrant, will be duly and validly issued, fully-paid and non-assessable and free from all taxes, liens, and charges with respect to the issuance thereof (except for any applicable transfer taxes, which shall be paid by the Holder).
6. Adjustment of Exercise Price and Number of Shares. The number of and kind of Shares purchasable upon exercise of this Warrant and the Exercise Price shall be subject to adjustment from time to time as follows:
6.1 Subdivisions, Combinations and Other Issuances. If the Company shall at any time or from time to time prior to the Expiration Date subdivide shares of Common Stock, by forward stock split or otherwise, or combine such shares, or issue additional such shares as a dividend with respect to any such shares, the number of Shares issuable on the exercise of this Warrant shall forthwith be proportionately increased in the case of a subdivision or stock dividend, or proportionately decreased in the case of a combination. Appropriate adjustments shall also be made to the Exercise Price payable per Share, but the Purchase Price payable for the total number of Shares purchasable under this Warrant (as adjusted) shall remain the same. Any adjustment under this Section 6.1 shall become effective as of the record date of such subdivision, combination, dividend, or other distribution, or in the event that no record date is fixed, upon the making of such subdivision, combination or dividend.
6.2 Merger, Consolidation, Reclassification, Reorganization, Etc. In case of any change in the Shares prior to the Expiration Date (other than as a result of a subdivision, combination, or stock dividend provided for in Section 6.1 above), whether through merger, consolidation, reclassification, reorganization, partial or complete liquidation, purchase of substantially all the assets of the Company, or other change in the capital structure of the Company, then, as a condition of such change, lawful and adequate provision will be made so that the Holder will have the right thereafter to receive upon the exercise of the Warrant the kind and amount of shares of stock or other securities or property to which he would have been entitled if, immediately prior to such event, he had held the number of Shares obtainable upon the exercise of the Warrant. In any such case, appropriate adjustment will be made in the application of the provisions set forth herein with respect to the rights and interest thereafter of the Holder, to the end that the provisions set forth herein will thereafter be applicable, as nearly as reasonably may be, in relation to any shares of stock or other property thereafter deliverable upon the exercise of the Warrant. The Company will not permit any change in its capital structure to occur unless the issuer of the shares of stock or other securities to be received by the Holder, if not the Company, agrees to be bound by and comply with the provisions of this Warrant.
7. Further Limitations on Disposition. The Holder agrees not to dispose of all or any portion of the Shares unless and until there is then in effect a registration statement under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the Act) covering such proposed disposition and such disposition is made in accordance with such registration statement, or (a) the Holder shall have notified the Company of the proposed disposition and shall have furnished the Company with a detailed statement of the circumstances surrounding the proposed disposition, and (b) if reasonably requested by the Company, the Holder shall have furnished the Company with an opinion of counsel, reasonably satisfactory to the Company, that such disposition will not require registration of such Shares under the Act.
8. No Fractional Shares. Notwithstanding any provisions to the contrary in this Warrant, the Company shall not be required to issue certificates representing fractional Shares, but may instead make a payment in cash based on the fair market value of the Companys Shares as determined in good faith by the Companys Board of Directors.
9. No Rights as Stockholders. Prior to the exercise of this Warrant, the Holder shall not be entitled to any rights of a stockholder of the Company, including, without limitation, the right to vote, to receive dividends or other distributions or to exercise any pre-emptive rights, and the Holder shall not be entitled to receive any notice of any proceedings of the Company, except as provided herein or as otherwise agreed.
10. Loss, Etc. of Warrant. Upon receipt of evidence satisfactory to the Company of the loss, theft, destruction or mutilation of this Warrant, and of indemnity reasonably satisfactory to the Company if lost, stolen or destroyed, and upon surrender and cancellation of this Warrant if mutilated, and upon reimbursement of the Companys reasonable incidental expenses, the Company shall execute and deliver to the Holder a new Warrant of like date, tenor and denomination.
11.1 Further Acts. Each of the parties hereto agrees to perform any further acts and execute and deliver any documents that may be reasonably necessary to carry out the provisions of this Warrant.
11.2 Notices. Unless otherwise provided, all notices and other communications required or permitted under this Warrant shall be in writing and shall be mailed by United States first-class mail, postage prepaid, sent by facsimile or delivered personally by hand or by a nationally recognized courier addressed to the party to be notified at the address or facsimile number indicated for such person on the signature page(s) hereto, or at such other address or facsimile number as such party may designate by ten (10) days advance written notice to the other parties hereto. All such notices and other written communications shall be effective on the date of mailing, confirmed facsimile transfer or delivery.
11.3 Amendments. This Warrant may be amended, modified or terminated and the observance of any term hereof may be waived (cither generally or in a particular instance and either retroactively or prospectively) only by a written instrument executed by the Company and the Holder. Any amendment, modification, termination or waiver so effected shall be binding
upon the Company, the Holder and all of their respective successors and permitted assigns whether or not such party, assignee or other stockholder entered into or approved such amendment, modification, termination or waiver. No waivers of or exceptions to any term, condition or provision of this Warrant, in any one or more instances, shall be deemed to be, or construed as, a further or continuing waiver of any such term, condition or provision.
11.4 Transferability. Subject to compliance with applicable federal and state securities laws and any other contractual restrictions between the Company and the Holder, this Warrant and all rights hereunder are transferable in whole or in part by the Holder upon written notice to the Company. Within a reasonable time after the Companys receipt of an executed instrument of assignment, in form and substance reasonably acceptable to the Company, the transfer shall be recorded on the books of the Company upon the surrender of this Warrant, properly endorsed, to the Company at its principal offices, and the payment to the Company of all transfer taxes and other governmental charges imposed on such transfer. In the event of a partial transfer, the Company shall issue to the new holders one or more appropriate new warrants. Any attempted transfer or assignment of this Warrant (or any portion thereof) not complying with this Section 11.4 shall be null and void.
11.5 Headings; References. The headings of sections contained in this Warrant are included herein for reference purposes only, solely for the convenience of the parties hereto, and shall not in any way be deemed to effect the meaning, interpretation or applicability of this Warrant or any term, condition or provision hereof.
11.6 Successors and Assigns. All of the covenants, stipulations, promises, and agreements in this Warrant shall bind and inure to the benefit of the parties respective successors and assigns, whether so expressed or not.
11.7 Applicable Law. This Warrant shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of California as applied to agreements among California residents entered into and to be performed entirely within California.
11.8 Attorneys Fees. In the event that any party to this Warrant shall commence any suit, action, arbitration or other proceeding to interpret this Warrant, or to determine or enforce any right or obligation created hereby, including but not limited to any action for rescission of this Warrant or for a determination that this Warrant is void or ineffective ab initio, the prevailing party in such action shall recover such partys reasonable costs and expenses incurred in connection therewith, including reasonable attorneys fees and costs of appeal, if any. Any court, arbitrator or panel of arbitrators shall, in entering any judgment or making any award in any such suit, action, arbitration or other proceeding, in addition to any and all other relief awarded to such prevailing party, include in such judgment or award such partys costs and expenses as provided in this Section 11.8.
11.9 Severability. If one or more provisions of this Warrant are held to be unenforceable under applicable law, such provision shall be excluded from this Warrant and the balance of the Warrant shall be interpreted as if such provision were so excluded and shall be enforceable in accordance with its terms.
11.10 Execution and Counterparts. This Warrant may be executed in any number of counterparts, each of which when so executed and delivered shall be deemed an original, and such counterparts together shall constitute only one instrument. Any one of such counterparts shall be sufficient for the purpose of proving the existence and terms of this Warrant, and no party shall be required to produce an original or all of such counterparts in making such proof.
11.11 Payments. Payments under this Warrant shall be due and payable in lawful money of the United States of America in funds which are or will be available for next business day use by the Company.
[Signature Page Follows]
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Company has caused this Warrant to be signed by its duly authorized officer.
|INARI MEDICAL, INC.,|
|a Delaware corporation|
|Chief Executive Officer|
|9272 Jeronimo Suite 124|
|Irvine CA 92618|
|CROTON PARTNERS, LLC|
2755 Campus Drive, Suite 220
San Mateo CA 94403
SIGNATURE PAGE TO WARRANT
NOTICE OF EXERCISE
1. The undersigned Warrantholder (Holder) elects to acquire the Shares of Inari Medical, Inc. (the Company), pursuant to the terms of the Warrant dated February __, 2015 (the Warrant).
2. The Holder exercises its rights under the Warrant as set forth below:
The Holder elects to purchase _______ Shares as provided in Section 3.1 and tenders herewith a check in the amount of $_________ as payment of the Purchase Price.
The Holder elects to net issue exercise the Warrant for Shares as provided in Section 3.2 of the Warrant.
3. The Holder surrenders the Warrant with this Notice of Exercise.
4. The Holder represents that it is acquiring the aforesaid Shares for investment and not with a view to, or for resale in connection with, distribution and that the Holder has no present intention of distributing or reselling the shares unless in compliance with all applicable federal and state securities laws.
5. Please issue a certificate representing the Shares in the name of the Holder or in such other name as is specified below: