Form of Restricted Stock Unit Agreement under the 2020 Equity Incentive Plan
RESTRICTED STOCK UNIT AGREEMENT
IMARA Inc. (the Company) hereby grants the following restricted stock units pursuant to its 2019 Equity Incentive Plan. The terms and conditions attached hereto are also a part hereof.
Notice of Grant
|Name of recipient (the Participant):|
|Number of restricted stock units (RSUs) granted:|
|Number, if any, of RSUs that vest immediately on the grant date:|
|RSUs that are subject to vesting schedule:|
|Vesting Start Date:|
|Vesting Date:||Number of RSUs that Vest:|
|All vesting is dependent on the Participant remaining an Eligible Participant, as provided herein.|
This grant of RSUs satisfies in full all commitments that the Company has to the Participant with respect to the issuance of stock, stock options or other equity securities.
|Signature of Participant|
|Street Address||Name of Officer|
Restricted Stock Unit Agreement
Incorporated Terms and Conditions
1. Award of Restricted Stock Units. In consideration of services rendered and to be rendered to the Company, by the Participant, the Company has granted to the Participant, subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Restricted Stock Unit Agreement (this Agreement) and in the Companys 2019 Equity Incentive Plan (the Plan), an award with respect to the number of restricted stock units (the RSUs) set forth in the Notice of Grant that forms part of this Agreement (the Notice of Grant). Each RSU represents the right to receive one share of common stock, $0.001 par value per share, of the Company (the Common Stock) upon vesting of the RSU, subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein.
2. Vesting. The RSUs shall vest in accordance with the Vesting Schedule set forth in the Notice of Grant (the Vesting Schedule). Any fractional shares resulting from the application of any percentages used in the Vesting Schedule shall be rounded down to the nearest whole number of RSUs. As soon as practicable after the vesting of the RSU, the Company will deliver to the Participant, for each RSU that becomes vested, one share of Common Stock, subject to the payment of any taxes pursuant to Section 7. The Common Stock will be delivered to the Participant as soon as practicable following each vesting date, but in any event within 30 days of such date.
3. Forfeiture of Unvested RSUs Upon Cessation of Service. In the event that the Participant ceases to be an Eligible Participant (as defined below) for any reason or no reason, with or without cause, all of the RSUs that are unvested as of the time of such cessation shall be forfeited immediately and automatically to the Company, without the payment of any consideration to the Participant, effective as of such cessation. The Participant shall have no further rights with respect to the unvested RSUs or any Common Stock that may have been issuable with respect thereto. The Participant shall be an Eligible Participant if he or she is an employee, director or officer of, or consultant or advisor to, the Company or any other entity the employees, officers, directors, consultants or advisors of which are eligible to receive awards of RSUs under the Plan.
4. Restrictions on Transfer. The Participant shall not sell, assign, transfer, pledge, hypothecate, encumber or otherwise dispose of, by operation of law or otherwise (collectively transfer) any RSUs, or any interest therein. The Company shall not be required to treat as the owner of any RSUs or issue any Common Stock to any transferee to whom such RSUs have been transferred in violation of any of the provisions of this Agreement.
5. Rights as a Stockholder. The Participant shall have no rights as a stockholder of the Company with respect to any shares of Common Stock that may be issuable with respect to the RSUs until the issuance of the shares of Common Stock to the Participant following the vesting of the RSUs.
6. Provisions of the Plan. This Agreement is subject to the provisions of the Plan, a copy of which is furnished to the Participant with this Agreement.
7. Tax Matters.
(a) Acknowledgments; No Section 83(b) Election. The Participant acknowledges that he or she is responsible for obtaining the advice of the Participants own tax advisors with respect to the award of RSUs and the Participant is relying solely on such advisors and not on any statements or representations of the Company or any of its agents with respect to the tax consequences relating to the RSUs. The Participant understands that the Participant (and not the Company) shall be responsible for the Participants tax liability that may arise in connection with the acquisition, vesting and/or disposition of the RSUs. The Participant acknowledges that no election under Section 83(b) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, (the Code) is available with respect to RSUs.
(b) Withholding. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that the Company has the right to deduct from payments of any kind otherwise due to the Participant any federal, state, local or other taxes of any kind required by law to be withheld with respect to the vesting of the RSUs. At such time as the Participant is not aware of any material nonpublic information about the Company or the Common Stock and the Participant is not subject to any restriction on trading activities with respect to the Common Stock pursuant to any Company insider trading or other policy, the Participant shall execute the instructions set forth in Schedule A attached hereto (the Automatic Sale Instructions) as the means of satisfying such tax obligation. If the Participant does not execute the Automatic Sale Instructions prior to an applicable vesting date, then the Participant agrees that if under applicable law the Participant will owe taxes at such vesting date on the portion of the award then vested the Company shall be entitled to immediate payment from the Participant of the amount of any tax required to be withheld by the Company. The Company shall not deliver any shares of Common Stock to the Participant until it is satisfied that all required withholdings have been made.
(a) Section 409A. The RSUs awarded pursuant to this Agreement are intended to be exempt from or comply with the requirements of Section 409A of the Code and the Treasury Regulations issued thereunder (Section 409A). The delivery of shares of Common Stock on the vesting of the RSUs may not be accelerated or deferred unless permitted or required by Section 409A.
(b) Participants Acknowledgements. The Participant acknowledges that he or she: (i) has read this Agreement; (ii) has been represented in the preparation, negotiation and execution of this Agreement by legal counsel of the Participants own choice or has voluntarily declined to seek such counsel; (iii) understands the terms and consequences of this Agreement; (iv) is fully aware of the legal and binding effect of this Agreement; and (v) agrees that in accepting this award, he or she will be bound by any clawback policy that the Company may adopt in the future.
[Remainder of Page Intentionally Left Blank]
Automatic Sale Instructions
The undersigned hereby consents and agrees that any taxes due on a vesting date as a result of the vesting of RSUs on such date shall be paid through an automatic sale of shares as follows:
(a) Upon any vesting of RSUs pursuant to Section 2 hereof, the Company shall arrange for the sale of such number of shares of Common Stock issuable with respect to the RSUs that vest pursuant to Section 2 as is sufficient to generate net proceeds sufficient to satisfy the Companys minimum statutory withholding obligations with respect to the income recognized by the Participant upon the vesting of the RSUs (based on minimum statutory withholding rates for all tax purposes, including payroll and social security taxes, that are applicable to such income), and the net proceeds of such sale shall be delivered to the Company in satisfaction of such tax withholding obligations.
(b) The Participant hereby appoints the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Financial Officer, and any of them acting alone and with full power of substitution, to serve as his or her attorneys in fact to arrange for the sale of the Participants Common Stock in accordance with this Schedule A. The Participant agrees to execute and deliver such documents, instruments and certificates as may reasonably be required in connection with the sale of the shares pursuant to this Schedule A.
(c) The Participant represents to the Company that, as of the date hereof, he or she is not aware of any material nonpublic information about the Company or the Common Stock and is not subject to any restriction on trading activities with respect to the Common Stock pursuant to any Company insider trading policy or other policy. The Participant and the Company have structured this Agreement, including this Schedule A, to constitute a binding contract relating to the sale of Common Stock, consistent with the affirmative defense to liability under Section 10(b) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 under Rule 10b5-1(c) promulgated under such Act.
The Company shall not deliver any shares of Common Stock to the Participant until it is satisfied that all required withholdings have been made.