EX-10.11 12 ex1011svcq32019.htm EXHIBIT 10.11 Document
AMENDED AND RESTATED GUARANTY AGREEMENT
(Amended and Restated Lease Agreement No. 5)
THIS AMENDED AND RESTATED GUARANTY AGREEMENT (this “Agreement”) is made and given as of October 14, 2019 (the “Effective Date”), by TRAVELCENTERS OF AMERICA, INC., a Maryland corporation (the “Guarantor”), for the benefit of HIGHWAY VENTURES PROPERTIES TRUST, a Maryland real estate investment trust, and HIGHWAY VENTURES PROPERTIES LLC, a Maryland limited liability company (together with each of their successors and assigns, collectively, the “Landlord”).
WHEREAS, pursuant to that certain Guaranty Agreement, dated as of May 30, 2007 (the “Prior Guaranty”), the Guarantor guaranteed the obligations of TA Operating LLC, an affiliate of the Guarantor (the “Tenant”), under that certain Lease Agreement, dated as of May 30, 2007, between the Landlord and the Tenant (the “Original Lease”);
WHEREAS, pursuant to that certain Amended and Restated Lease Agreement No. 5, dated as of the Effective Date (as it may be amended from time to time, the “Restated Lease”), the Landlord and the Tenant have amended and restated the Original Lease;
WHEREAS, it is a condition precedent to the Landlord’s entering into the Restated Lease that the Guarantor enter into this Agreement to amend and restate the Prior Guaranty to guarantee all of the payment and performance obligations of the Tenant with respect to the Restated Lease; and
WHEREAS, the transactions contemplated by the Restated Lease are of direct material benefit to the Guarantor;
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the foregoing and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and legal sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, the Guarantor hereby agrees, effective as of the Effective Date, that the Prior Guaranty is amended and restated as follows:
1. Certain Terms. Capitalized terms used and not otherwise defined in this Agreement shall have the meanings ascribed to such terms in the Restated Lease.
2. Guaranteed Obligations. For purposes of this Agreement, the term “Guaranteed Obligations” shall mean the payment and performance of each and every obligation of the Tenant to the Landlord under the Restated Lease or relating thereto, whether now existing or hereafter arising, and including, without limitation, the payment of the full amount of the Rent payable under the Restated Lease.
3. Representations and Covenants. The Guarantor represents, warrants, covenants, and agrees that:
3.1 Performance of Covenants and Agreements. The Guarantor hereby agrees to take all lawful action in its power to cause the Tenant duly and punctually to perform all of the covenants and agreements set forth in the Restated Lease.
3.2 Validity of Agreement. The Guarantor has duly and validly executed and delivered this Agreement; this Agreement constitutes the legal, valid and binding obligation of the Guarantor, enforceable against the Guarantor in accordance with its terms, except as the enforceability thereof may be subject to bankruptcy, fraudulent conveyance, insolvency, reorganization, moratorium and other laws relating to or affecting creditors’ rights generally and subject to general equitable principles, regardless of whether enforceability is considered in a proceeding at law or in equity; and the execution, delivery and performance of this Agreement have been duly authorized by all requisite action of the Guarantor and such execution, delivery and performance by the Guarantor will not result in any breach of the terms, conditions or provisions of, or conflict with or constitute a default under, or result in the creation of any lien, charge or encumbrance upon any of the property or assets of the Guarantor pursuant to the terms of, any indenture, mortgage, deed of trust, note, other evidence of indebtedness, agreement or other instrument to which it may be a party or by which it or any of its property or assets may be bound, or violate any provision of law, or any applicable order, writ, injunction, judgment or decree of any court or any order or other public regulation of any governmental commission, bureau or administrative agency.
3.3 Payment of Expenses. The Guarantor agrees, as principal obligor and not as guarantor only, to pay to the Landlord forthwith, upon demand, in immediately available federal funds, all costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and disbursements) incurred or expended by the Landlord in connection with the enforcement of this Agreement, together with interest on amounts recoverable under this Agreement from the time such amounts become due until payment at the Overdue Rate. The Guarantor’s covenants and agreements set forth in this Section 3.3 shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
3.4 Notices. The Guarantor shall promptly give notice to the Landlord of any event known to it which might reasonably result in a material adverse change in its financial condition.
3.5 Reports. The Guarantor shall promptly provide to the Landlord each of the financial reports, certificates and other documents required of it under the Restated Lease.
3.6 Books and Records. The Guarantor shall at all times keep proper books of record and account in which full, true and correct entries shall be made of its transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and shall set aside on its books from its earnings for each fiscal year all such proper reserves, including reserves for depreciation, depletion, obsolescence and amortization of its properties during such fiscal year, as shall be required in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, consistently applied, in connection with its business. The Guarantor shall permit access by the Landlord and its agents to the books and records maintained by the Guarantor during normal business hours and upon reasonable notice. The Landlord shall treat any non-public information which it receives from the Guarantor pursuant to this Agreement as confidential.
3.7 Taxes, Etc. The Guarantor shall pay and discharge promptly as they become due and payable all taxes, assessments and other governmental charges or levies imposed upon the Guarantor or the income of the Guarantor or upon any of the property, real, personal or mixed, of the Guarantor, or upon any part thereof, as well as all claims of any kind (including claims for labor, materials and supplies) which, if unpaid, might by law become a lien or charge upon any property and result in a material adverse change in the financial condition of the Guarantor; provided, however, that the Guarantor shall not be required to pay any such tax, assessment, charge, levy or claim if the amount, applicability or validity thereof shall currently be contested in good faith by appropriate proceedings or other appropriate actions promptly initiated and diligently conducted and if the Guarantor shall have set aside on its books such reserves of the Guarantor, if any, with respect thereto as are required by generally accepted accounting principles.
3.8 Legal Existence of the Guarantor. The Guarantor shall do or cause to be done all things necessary to preserve and keep in full force and effect its legal existence.
3.9 Compliance. The Guarantor shall use reasonable business efforts to comply in all material respects with all applicable statutes, rules, regulations and orders of, and all applicable restrictions imposed by, all governmental authorities in respect of the conduct of its business and the ownership of its property (including, without limitation, applicable statutes, rules, regulations, orders and restrictions relating to environmental, safety and other similar standards or controls).
3.10 Insurance. The Guarantor shall maintain, with financially sound and reputable insurers, insurance with respect to its properties and business against loss or damage of the kinds customarily insured against by owners of established reputation engaged in the same or similar businesses and similarly situated, in such amounts and by such methods as shall be customary for such owners and deemed adequate by the Guarantor.
3.11 Financial Statements, Etc. The financial statements previously delivered to the Landlord by the Guarantor, if any, fairly present the financial condition of the Guarantor in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles consistently applied and there has been no material adverse change from the date thereof through the date hereof.
3.12 No Change in Control. The Guarantor shall not permit the occurrence of any direct or indirect Change in Control of the Tenant or of the Guarantor.
4. Guarantee. The Guarantor hereby unconditionally guarantees that the Guaranteed Obligations which are monetary obligations shall be paid in full when due and payable, whether upon demand, at the stated or accelerated maturity thereof pursuant to the Restated Lease, or otherwise, and that the Guaranteed Obligations which are performance obligations shall be fully performed at the times and in the manner such performance is required by the Restated Lease. With respect to the Guaranteed Obligations which are monetary obligations, this guarantee is a guarantee of payment and not of collectability and is absolute and in no way conditional or contingent. In case any part of the Guaranteed Obligations shall not have been paid when due and payable or performed at the time performance is required, the Guarantor shall, within five (5) Business Days after receipt of notice from the Landlord, pay or cause to be paid to the Landlord
the amount thereof as is then due and payable and unpaid (including interest and other charges, if any, due thereon through the date of payment in accordance with the applicable provisions of the Restated Lease) or perform or cause to be performed such obligations in accordance with the Restated Lease.
5. Unenforceability of Guaranteed Obligations, Etc. If the Tenant is for any reason under no legal obligation to discharge any of the Guaranteed Obligations (other than because the same have been previously discharged in accordance with the terms of the Restated Lease), or if any other moneys included in the Guaranteed Obligations have become unrecoverable from the Tenant by operation of law or for any other reason, including, without limitation, the invalidity or irregularity in whole or in part of any Guaranteed Obligation or of the Restated Lease or any limitation on the liability of the Tenant thereunder not contemplated by the Restated Lease or any limitation on the method or terms of payment thereunder which may now or hereafter be caused or imposed in any manner whatsoever, the guarantees contained in this Agreement shall nevertheless remain in full force and effect and shall be binding upon the Guarantor to the same extent as if the Guarantor at all times had been the principal debtor on all such Guaranteed Obligations.
6. Additional Guarantees. This Agreement shall be in addition to any other guarantee or other security for the Guaranteed Obligations and it shall not be prejudiced or rendered unenforceable by the invalidity of any such other guarantee or security or by any waiver, amendment, release or modification thereof.
7. Consents and Waivers, Etc. The Guarantor hereby acknowledges receipt of a correct and complete copy of the Restated Lease, and consents to all of the terms and provisions thereof, as the same may be from time to time hereafter amended or changed in accordance with the terms and conditions thereof, and, except as otherwise provided herein, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, waives (a) presentment, demand for payment, and protest of nonpayment, of any of the Guaranteed Obligations, (b) notice of acceptance of this Agreement and of diligence, presentment, demand and protest, (c) notice of any default hereunder and any default, breach or nonperformance or Event of Default under any of the Guaranteed Obligations or the Restated Lease, (d) notice of the terms, time and place of any private or public sale of collateral (if any) held as security for the Guaranteed Obligations, (e) demand for performance or observance of, and any enforcement of any provision of, or any pursuit or exhaustion of rights or remedies against the Tenant or any other guarantor of the Guaranteed Obligations, under or pursuant to the Restated Lease, or any agreement directly or indirectly relating thereto and any requirements of diligence or promptness on the part of the holders of the Guaranteed Obligations in connection therewith, and (f) any and all demands and notices of every kind and description with respect to the foregoing or which may be required to be given by any statute or rule of law and any defense of any kind which it may now or hereafter have with respect to this Agreement, or the Restated Lease or the Guaranteed Obligations (other than that the same have been discharged in accordance with the Restated Lease).
8. No Impairment, Etc. The obligations, covenants, agreements and duties of the Guarantor under this Agreement shall not be affected or impaired by any assignment or transfer in whole or in part of any of the Guaranteed Obligations without notice to the Guarantor, or any waiver by the Landlord of any of the Guaranteed Obligations or of the performance or
observance by the Tenant or any other guarantor of any of the agreements, covenants, terms or conditions contained in the Guaranteed Obligations or the Restated Lease or any indulgence in or the extension of the time for payment by the Tenant or any other guarantor of any amounts payable under or in connection with the Guaranteed Obligations or of the time for performance by the Tenant or any other guarantor of the Guaranteed Obligations or the extension or renewal thereof (except that with respect to any extension of time for payment or performance of any of the Guaranteed Obligations granted by the Landlord to the Tenant, the Guarantor’s obligations to pay or perform such Guaranteed Obligation shall be subject to the same extension of time for performance), or the modification or amendment (whether material or otherwise) of the Restated Lease or any of the Guaranteed Obligations, or the voluntary or involuntary sale or other disposition of all or substantially all the assets of the Tenant or any other guarantor or insolvency, bankruptcy, or other similar proceedings affecting the Tenant or any other guarantor or any assets of the Tenant or any such other guarantor, or the release or discharge of the Tenant or any such other guarantor from the performance or observance of the Guaranteed Obligations, without the consent of the Landlord, by operation of law, or any other cause, whether similar or dissimilar to the foregoing.
9. Reimbursement, Subrogation, Etc. The Guarantor hereby covenants and agrees that it will not enforce or otherwise exercise any rights of reimbursement, subrogation, contribution or other similar rights against the Tenant (or any other person against whom the Landlord may proceed) with respect to the Guaranteed Obligations prior to the payment in full of all amounts owing with respect to the Restated Lease, and until all such amounts shall have been paid in full, the Guarantor shall have no right of subrogation, and the Guarantor waives any defense it may have based upon any election of remedies by the Landlord which destroys its subrogation rights or its rights to proceed against the Tenant for reimbursement, including, without limitation, any loss of rights the Guarantor may suffer by reason of any rights, powers or remedies of the Tenant in connection with any anti-deficiency laws or any other laws limiting, qualifying or discharging the indebtedness to the Landlord. Until all Guaranteed Obligations shall have been paid and performed in full, the Guarantor further waives any right to enforce any remedy which the Landlord now has or may in the future have against the Tenant, any other guarantor or any other person and any benefit of, or any right to participate in, any security whatsoever now or in the future held by the Landlord.
10. Defeasance. This Agreement shall terminate at such time as the Guaranteed Obligations have been paid and performed in full and all other obligations of the Guarantor to the Landlord under this Agreement have been satisfied in full; provided, however, if at any time, all or any part of any payment applied on account of the Guaranteed Obligations is or must be rescinded or returned for any reason whatsoever (including, without limitation, the insolvency, bankruptcy or reorganization of the Tenant), this Agreement, to the extent such payment is or must be rescinded or returned, shall be deemed to have continued in existence notwithstanding any such termination.
(a) Any and all notices, demands, consents, approvals, offers, elections and other communications required or permitted under this Agreement shall be deemed adequately given if in writing and the same shall be delivered either in hand, by telecopier with written
acknowledgment of receipt, or by mail or Federal Express or similar expedited commercial carrier, addressed to the recipient of the notice, postpaid and registered or certified with return receipt requested (if by mail), or with all freight charges prepaid (if by Federal Express or similar carrier).
(b) All notices required or permitted to be sent hereunder shall be deemed to have been given for all purposes of this Agreement upon the date of acknowledged receipt, in the case of a notice by telecopier, and, in all other cases, upon the date of receipt or refusal, except that whenever under this Agreement a notice is either received on a day which is not a Business Day or is required to be delivered on or before a specific day which is not a Business Day, the day of receipt or required delivery shall automatically be extended to the next Business Day.
(c) All such notices shall be addressed,
if to the Landlord to:
c/o Service Properties Trust
Two Newton Place
255 Washington Street, Suite 300
Newton, Massachusetts 02458
Attn: Mr. John G. Murray
if to the Guarantor to:
c/o TravelCenters of America Inc.
24601 Center Ridge Road
Westlake, Ohio 44145
Attn: Mr. Mark R. Young
(d) By notice given as herein provided, the parties hereto and their respective successors and assigns shall have the right from time to time and at any time during the term of this Agreement to change their respective addresses effective upon receipt by the other parties of such notice and each shall have the right to specify as its address any other address within the United States of America.
12. Successors and Assigns. Whenever in this Agreement any of the parties hereto is referred to, such reference shall be deemed to include the successors and assigns of such party, including, without limitation, the holders, from time to time, of the Guaranteed Obligations; and all representations, warranties, covenants and agreements by or on behalf of the Guarantor which are contained in this Agreement shall inure to the benefit of the Landlord’s successors and assigns, including, without limitation, said holders, whether so expressed or not.
13. Applicable Law. Except as to matters regarding the internal affairs of the Landlord and issues of or limitations on any personal liability of the shareholders and trustees or directors of the Landlord for obligations of the Landlord, as to which the laws of the State of Maryland shall govern, this Agreement, the Restated Lease and any other instruments executed and delivered to evidence, complete or perfect the transactions contemplated hereby and thereby shall be interpreted, construed, applied and enforced in accordance with the laws of The Commonwealth of Massachusetts applicable to contracts between residents of Massachusetts
which are to be performed entirely within Massachusetts, regardless of (i) where any such instrument is executed or delivered; or (ii) where any payment or other performance required by any such instrument is made or required to be made; or (iii) where any breach of any provision of any such instrument occurs, or any cause of action otherwise accrues; or (iv) where any action or other proceeding is instituted or pending; or (v) the nationality, citizenship, domicile, principal place of business, or jurisdiction of organization or domestication of any party; or (vi) whether the laws of the forum jurisdiction otherwise would apply the laws of a jurisdiction other than The Commonwealth of Massachusetts; or (vii) any combination of the foregoing. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the laws of the State shall apply to the perfection and priority of liens upon and the disposition of any Property.
14. Arbitration. Any disputes, claims or controversies between or among the parties (a) arising out of or relating to this Agreement or (b) brought by or on behalf of any shareholder of any party or a direct or indirect parent of a party (which, for purposes of this Section 14 shall mean any shareholder of record or any beneficial owner of shares of any party, or any former shareholder of record or beneficial owner of shares of any party), either on his, her or its own behalf, on behalf of any party or on behalf of any series or class of shares of any party or shareholders of any party against any party or any member, trustee, director, officer, manager (including The RMR Group LLC or its successor), agent or employee of any party, including disputes, claims or controversies relating to the meaning, interpretation, effect, validity, performance or enforcement of this Agreement, including this arbitration provision, or the declarations of trust, limited liability company agreements, charters, bylaws or other governing documents of any party hereto (all of which are referred to as “Disputes”), or relating in any way to such a Dispute or Disputes shall, on the demand of any party to such Dispute be resolved through binding and final arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules (the “Rules”) of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) then in effect, except as those Rules may be modified in this Section 14. For the avoidance of doubt, and not as a limitation, Disputes are intended to include derivative actions against trustees, directors, officers or managers of any party and class actions by a shareholder against those individuals or entities and any party. For the avoidance of doubt, a Dispute shall include a Dispute made derivatively on behalf of one party against another party. For purposes of this Section 14, the term “party” shall include any direct or indirect parent of a party.
There shall be three (3) arbitrators. If there are only two (2) parties to the Dispute, each party shall select one arbitrator within fifteen (15) days after receipt of a demand for arbitration. Such arbitrators may be affiliated or interested persons of such parties. If there are more than two (2) parties to the Dispute, all claimants, on the one hand, and all respondents, on the other hand, shall each select, by the vote of a majority of the claimants or the respondents, as the case may be, one arbitrator within fifteen (15) days after receipt of a demand for arbitration. Such arbitrators may be affiliated or interested persons of the claimants or the respondents, as the case may be. If either a claimant (or all claimants) or a respondent (or all respondents) fail to timely select an arbitrator then the party (or parties) who has selected an arbitrator may request the AAA to provide a list of three (3) proposed arbitrators in accordance with the Rules (each of whom shall be neutral, impartial and unaffiliated with any party) and the party (or parties) that failed to timely appoint an arbitrator shall have ten (10) days from the date the AAA provides such list to select one of the three (3) arbitrators proposed by AAA. If such party (or parties) fail to select such arbitrator by such time, the party (or parties) who have appointed the first arbitrator
shall then have ten (10) days to select one of the three (3) arbitrators proposed by AAA to be the second arbitrator; and, if he/they should fail to select such arbitrator by such time, the AAA shall select, within fifteen (15) days thereafter, one of the three (3) arbitrators it had proposed as the second arbitrator. The two (2) arbitrators so appointed shall jointly appoint the third and presiding arbitrator (who shall be neutral, impartial and unaffiliated with any party) within fifteen (15) days of the appointment of the second arbitrator. If the third arbitrator has not been appointed within the time limit specified herein, then the AAA shall provide a list of proposed arbitrators in accordance with the Rules, and the arbitrator shall be appointed by the AAA in accordance with a listing, striking and ranking procedure, with each party having a limited number of strikes, excluding strikes for cause.
The place of arbitration shall be Boston, Massachusetts unless otherwise agreed by the parties.
There shall be only limited documentary discovery of documents directly related to the issues in dispute, as may be ordered by the arbitrators. For the avoidance of doubt, it is intended that there shall be no depositions and no other discovery other than limited documentary discovery as described in the preceding sentence.
In rendering an award or decision (the “Arbitration Award”), the arbitrators shall be required to follow the laws of the State of Maryland. Any arbitration proceedings or Arbitration Award rendered hereunder and the validity, effect and interpretation of this arbitration provision shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. §1 et seq. The Arbitration Award shall be in writing and may, but shall not be required to, briefly state the findings of fact and conclusions of law on which it is based. Any monetary Arbitration Award shall be made and payable in U.S. dollars free of any tax, deduction or offset. Subject to this Section 14, each party against which an Arbitration Award assesses a monetary obligation shall pay that obligation on or before the thirtieth (30th) day following the date of such Arbitration Award or such other date as such Arbitration Award may provide.
Except to the extent expressly provided by this Agreement or as otherwise agreed by the parties, to the maximum extent permitted by Maryland law, each party involved in a Dispute shall bear its own costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees), and the arbitrators shall not render an Arbitration Award that would include shifting of any such costs or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) or, in a derivative case or class action, award any portion of a party’s Arbitration Award to the claimant or the claimant’s attorneys. Each party (or, if there are more than two (2) parties to the Dispute, all claimants, on the one hand, and all respondents, on the other hand, respectively) shall bear the costs and expenses of its (or their) selected arbitrator and the parties (or, if there are more than two (2) parties to the Dispute, all claimants, on the one hand, and all respondents, on the other hand) shall equally bear the costs and expenses of the third (3rd) appointed arbitrator.
Notwithstanding any language to the contrary in this Agreement, any Arbitration Award, including but not limited to any interim Arbitration Award, may be appealed pursuant to the AAA’s Optional Appellate Arbitration Rules (“Appellate Rules”). An Arbitration Award shall not be considered final until after the time for filing the notice of appeal pursuant to the Appellate Rules has expired. Appeals must be initiated within thirty (30) days of receipt of an
Arbitration Award by filing a notice of appeal with any AAA office. Following the appeal process, the decision rendered by the appeal tribunal may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. For the avoidance of doubt, and despite any contrary provision of the Appellate Rules, the above paragraph relating to costs and expenses shall apply to any appeal pursuant to this Section 14 and the appeal tribunal shall not render an Arbitration Award that would include shifting of any costs or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) of any party.
Following the expiration of the time for filing the notice of appeal, or the conclusion of the appeal process set forth in Section 14, an Arbitration Award shall be final and binding upon the parties thereto and shall be the sole and exclusive remedy between those parties relating to the Dispute, including any claims, counterclaims, issues or accounting presented to the arbitrators. Judgment upon an Arbitration Award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by law, no application or appeal to any court of competent jurisdiction may be made in connection with any question of law arising in the course of arbitration or with respect to any Arbitration Award made, except for actions relating to enforcement of this Section 14 or any arbitral award issued hereunder, and except for actions seeking interim or other provisional relief in aid of arbitration proceedings in any court of competent jurisdiction.
This Section 14 is intended to benefit and be enforceable by the parties and their respective shareholders, members, direct and indirect parents, trustees, directors, officers, managers (including The RMR Group Inc. and The RMR Group LLC), agents or employees of any party and their respective successors and assigns and shall be binding on the shareholders of any party and the parties, as applicable, and shall be in addition to, and not in substitution for, any other rights to indemnification or contribution that such individuals or entities may have by contract or otherwise.
15. Modification of Agreement. No modification or waiver of any provision of this Agreement, nor any consent to any departure by the Guarantor therefrom, shall in any event be effective unless the same shall be in writing and signed by the Landlord, and such modification, waiver or consent shall be effective only in the specific instances and for the purpose for which given. No notice to or demand on the Guarantor in any case shall entitle the Guarantor to any other or further notice or demand in the same, similar or other circumstances. This Agreement may not be amended except by an instrument in writing executed by or on behalf of the party against whom enforcement of such amendment is sought.
16. Waiver of Rights by the Landlord. Neither any failure nor any delay on the Landlord’s part in exercising any right, power or privilege under this Agreement shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall a single or partial exercise thereof preclude any other or further exercise or the exercise of any other right, power or privilege.
17. Severability. In case any one or more of the provisions contained in this Agreement should be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions contained herein shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby, but this Agreement shall be reformed and construed and enforced to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
18. Entire Contract. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties hereto with respect to the subject matter hereof and shall supersede and take the place of any other instruments purporting to be an agreement of the parties hereto relating to the subject matter hereof.
19. Headings; Counterparts. Headings in this Agreement are for purposes of reference only and shall not limit or otherwise affect the meaning hereof. This Agreement may be executed in two or more counterparts, each of which shall constitute an original, but which, when taken together, shall constitute but one and the same instrument.
20. Remedies Cumulative. No remedy herein conferred upon the Landlord is intended to be exclusive of any other remedy, and each and every remedy shall be cumulative and shall be in addition to every other remedy given hereunder or now or hereafter existing at law or in equity or by statute or otherwise.
WITNESS the execution hereof under seal as of the date above first written.
TRAVELCENTERS OF AMERICA INC.,
a Maryland corporation
By: /s/ Mark R. Young________________
Mark R. Young
Executive Vice President
ACKNOWLEDGED AND AGREED:
HIGHWAY VENTURES PROPERTIES TRUST,
a Maryland real estate investment trust
By: /s/ Brian E. Donley________________
Brian E. Donley
Treasurer and Chief Executive Officer
HIGHWAY VENTURES PROPERTIES LLC,
a Maryland limited liability company
By: /s/ Brian E. Donley________________
Brian E. Donley
Treasurer and Chief Executive Officer
[Signature Page to Amended and Restated Guaranty Agreement of Amended and Restated Lease Agreement No. 5]