15. Jurisdiction and Venue. The parties agree that all suits, actions, proceedings, litigation, disputes, or claims relating to or arising out of this Agreement shall be filed and tried in the Superior or Circuit Court, as appropriate, of Vigo County, Indiana, or the United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, Terre Haute Division. In this regard, the parties hereby: (a) agree that venue shall be such stated courts; (b) irrevocably consent to service of process and to the jurisdiction and venue of such courts; and (c) irrevocably waive any claim of inconvenient forum if any such suit, claim, proceeding, litigation, dispute, or claim has been filed, brought, or made in any of such courts.
16. Construction. This Agreement is the result of negotiations between the parties, and no party shall be deemed to be the drafter of this Agreement; accordingly, this Agreement shall be interpreted and construed without any presumption or inference based upon or against the party causing this Agreement to be prepared. The language of this Agreement shall in all cases be construed as a whole, according to its fair meaning and not strictly for or against any party.
17. Review and Consultation. Employee acknowledges and agrees that he/she has read this Agreement in its entirety prior to executing it, understands the provisions and effects of this Agreement, and has consulted with or had the opportunity to consult with an attorney or other advisers as he/she deemed appropriate in connection with the execution of this Agreement.
18. Section Headings. Section headings are inserted into this Agreement for convenience only and shall not affect any construction or interpretation of this Agreement.
19. Reasonableness. Employee agrees and acknowledges that the covenants, restrictions and obligations set forth in this Agreement, including Sections 5 and 6, are reasonable and necessary to protect a Banking Organization. Employee agrees that the covenants, restrictions and obligations will not affect Employees ability to make a living.
20. Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in any number of identical counterparts, each of which shall be deemed a duplicate original but all of which shall constitute one and the same agreement. The parties agree that signatures transmitted by facsimile or other electronic means are acceptable the same as original signatures for the execution of the Agreement.
21. Miscellaneous. Any change in Employees duties, responsibilities, title, position, compensation, or status, with a Financial Institution will not affect the validity or enforceability of this Agreement.
22. Representations. Employee represents and warrants that he/she is not a party to an agreement with his or her prior employer(s) (other than Heritage or HopFed) or any other Person that prohibits Solicitation of business or competing with that employer or other Person. Employee affirms and represents that performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities for a Financial Institution does not, and will not, breach any agreement or covenant not to Solicit business, compete in business, or keep in confidence proprietary or confidential information acquired in confidence or in trust prior to Employees employment with a Financial Institution. Employee further represents that he/she has not retained any documents or information relating to Employees prior employers (other than Heritage or HopFed) that may be considered confidential or proprietary information and that Employee has not disclosed or used, and will not disclose or use, any information relating to his or her prior employer(s) in connection with Employees employment with a Financial Institution.