(7) mortgages in favor of the United States or any State, territory or possession thereof (or the District of Columbia), or any department, agency, instrumentality or political subdivision of the United States or any State, territory or possession thereof (or the District of Columbia), (i) to secure partial, progress, advance or other payments pursuant to any contract or statute, (ii) to secure any indebtedness incurred for the purpose of financing all or any part of the purchase price of the cost of constructing, repairing or improving the property subject to such mortgages or (iii) to secure taxes, assessments or other governmental charges or levies which are not yet due and payable or are payable without penalty or of which amount, applicability or validity is being contested by the Company and/or any Restricted Subsidiary in good faith by appropriate proceedings and the Company and/or such Restricted Subsidiary shall have set aside in its books reserves which it deems to be adequate with respect thereto (segregated to the extent required by generally accepted accounting principles);
(8) mortgages created in connection with the acquisition of assets or a project financed with, and created to secure, a Nonrecourse Obligation;
(9) mortgages for materialmens, mechanics, workmens, repairmens, landlords liens for rent, or other similar liens arising in the ordinary course of business in respect of obligations which are not yet overdue or which are being contested by the Company or any Restricted Subsidiary in good faith and by appropriate proceedings;
(10) mortgages consisting of zoning restrictions, licenses, easements and restrictions on the use of real property and minor defects and irregularities in the title thereto, which do not materially impair the use of such property by the Company or any Restricted Subsidiary in the operation of business or the value of such property for the purpose of such business; and
(11) extensions, renewals, refinancings or replacements of any mortgage referred to in the foregoing clauses (1), (2), (3), (4), (5), (6), (7), (8), (9) and (10); provided, however, that any mortgages permitted by any of the foregoing clauses (1), (2), (3), (4), (5), (6), (7), (8), (9) and (10) shall not extend to or cover any property of the Company or such Restricted Subsidiary, as the case may be, other than the property, if any, specified in such clauses and improvements thereto, and provided further that any refinancing or replacement of any mortgages permitted by the foregoing clauses (7) and (8) shall be of the type referred to in such clauses (7) or (8), as the case may be.
Notwithstanding the restrictions outlined in the preceding paragraph, the Company or any Restricted Subsidiary will be permitted to issue, incur, create, assume or guarantee Secured Debt, which would otherwise be subject to such restrictions, without equally and ratably securing the Securities, provided that after giving effect thereto, the aggregate amount of all Secured Debt (not including mortgages permitted under clauses (1) through (11) above) does not exceed the greater of $500 million and 10% of the Consolidated Net Tangible Assets of the Company as most recently determined on or prior to such date.
For purposes of this Section 1008:
(i) Secured Debt means any debt for borrowed money secured by a mortgage upon any Principal Property of the Company or any Restricted Subsidiary or upon any shares of stock or indebtedness of any Restricted Subsidiary (whether such Principal Property, shares or indebtedness are now existing or owed or hereafter created or acquired); and
(ii) mortgage means a mortgage, security interest, pledge, lien, charge or other encumbrance.
(e) Section 1009 of the Base Indenture (Limitations on Sale and Lease-Back Transactions) is hereby amended by deleting the text of Section 1009 in its entirety and replacing it with the following text:
The Company will not, nor will it permit any Restricted Subsidiary to, enter into any Sale and Lease-Back Transaction with respect to any Principal Property, other than any such transaction involving a lease for a term of not more than three years or any such transaction between the Company and a Restricted Subsidiary or between Restricted Subsidiaries, unless: (1) the Company or such Restricted Subsidiary would be entitled to incur indebtedness secured by a mortgage on the Principal Property involved in such
- 11 -