Form of Letter Agreement, dated March 16, 2021, by and between the Company and each of its officers and directors, and Gores Technology Partners Sponsor LLC
March 16, 2021
Gores Technology Partners, Inc.
6260 Lookout Road
Boulder, CO 80301
Initial Public Offering
Ladies and Gentlemen:
This letter (this Letter Agreement) is being delivered to you in accordance with the Underwriting Agreement (the Underwriting Agreement) entered into by and between Gores Technology Partners, Inc., a Delaware corporation (the Company), and Deutsche Bank Securities Inc., Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC and Citigroup Global Markets Inc. as underwriters (the Underwriters), relating to an underwritten initial public offering (the Public Offering), of up to 27,600,000 of the Companys units (including up to 3,600,000 units that may be purchased to cover over-allotments, if any) (the Units), each comprised of one share of the Companys Class A common stock, par value $0.0001 per share (the Common Stock), and one-fifth of one warrant. Each whole Warrant (each, a Warrant) entitles the holder thereof to purchase one share of Common Stock at a price of $11.50 per share, subject to adjustment. The Units shall be sold in the Public Offering pursuant to a registration statement on Form S-1 and prospectus (the Prospectus) filed by the Company with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the Commission) and the Company shall apply to have the Units listed on the Nasdaq Capital Market. Certain capitalized terms used herein are defined in paragraph 11 hereof.
In order to induce the Company and the Underwriters to enter into the Underwriting Agreement and to proceed with the Public Offering and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, [the undersigned (the Insider), whom is a member of the Companys board of directors and/or management team] [Gores Technology Partners Sponsor LLC (the Insider)], hereby agrees with the Company as follows:
1. The Insider agrees that if the Company seeks stockholder approval of a proposed Business Combination, then in connection with such proposed Business Combination, he shall (i) vote any shares of Capital Stock owned by him in favor of any proposed Business Combination and (ii) not redeem any shares of Common Stock owned by him in connection with such stockholder approval.
2. The Insider hereby agrees that in the event that the Company fails to consummate a Business Combination within 24 months from the closing of the Public Offering, or such later period approved by the Companys stockholders in accordance with the Companys amended and restated certificate of incorporation, the Insider shall take all reasonable steps to cause the Company to (i) cease all operations except for the purpose of winding up, (ii) as promptly as reasonably possible but not more than 10 business days thereafter, subject to lawfully available funds therefor, redeem 100% of the Common Stock sold as part of the Units in the Public Offering (the Offering Shares), at a per-share price, payable in cash, equal to the aggregate amount then on deposit in the Trust Account, including up to $900,000 per year of interest earned on the funds held in the Trust Account and not previously released to the Company for regulatory withdrawals, and/or to pay its franchise and income taxes (less up to $100,000 of interest to pay dissolution expenses), divided by the number of then outstanding Offering Shares, which redemption will completely extinguish all Public Stockholders rights as stockholders (including the right to receive further liquidation distributions, if any), subject to applicable law, and (iii) as promptly as reasonably possible following such redemption, subject to the approval of the Companys remaining stockholders and the Companys board of directors, dissolve and liquidate, subject in each case to the Companys obligations under Delaware law to provide for claims of creditors and other requirements of applicable law. The Insider agrees to not propose any amendment (i) to the Companys amended and restated certificate of incorporation that would affect the substance or timing of the Companys obligation to redeem 100% of the Offering Shares if the Company does not complete a Business Combination within 24 months from the closing of the Public Offering or (ii) with respect to any other provision of Article IX of the Companys amended and restated certificate of incorporation, unless the Company provides its public stockholders with the opportunity to redeem their shares of Common Stock upon approval of any such amendment at a per-share price, payable in cash, equal to the aggregate amount then on deposit in the Trust Account, including up to $900,000 per year of interest earned on the funds held in the Trust Account and not previously released to the Company for regulatory withdrawals and/or to pay its franchise and income taxes, divided by the number of then outstanding Offering Shares.
The Insider acknowledges that he has no right, title, interest or claim of any kind in or to any monies held in the Trust Account or any other asset of the Company as a result of any liquidation of the Company with respect to the Founder Shares held by him. The Insider hereby further waives, with respect to any shares of Common Stock held by him, if any, any redemption rights he may have in connection with the consummation of a Business Combination, including, without limitation, any such rights available in the context of a stockholder vote to approve such Business Combination or in the context of a tender offer made by the Company to purchase shares of Common Stock (although the Insider and his respective affiliates shall be entitled to redemption and liquidation rights with respect to any Offering Shares they hold if the Company fails to consummate a Business Combination within 24 months from the date of the closing of the Public Offering). Each Insider hereby further waives, with respect to any shares of Common Stock held by it, him or her, if any, any redemption rights it, he or she may have in connection with a stockholder vote to approve an amendment to the Companys amended and restated certificate of incorporation (A) to modify the substance or timing of the Companys obligation to redeem 100% of the Offering Shares if the Company does not complete a Business Combination within 24 months from the closing of the Public Offering or (B) with respect to any other provision relating to stockholders rights or pre-Business Combination activity.
3. During the period commencing on the effective date of the Underwriting Agreement and ending 180 days after such date, the Insider shall not, without the prior written consent of Deutsche Bank Securities Inc., Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC and Citigroup Global Markets Inc., (i) sell, offer to sell, contract or agree to sell, hypothecate, pledge, grant any option to purchase or otherwise dispose of or agree to dispose of, directly or indirectly, or establish or increase a put equivalent position or liquidate or decrease a call equivalent position within the meaning of Section 16 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and the rules and regulations of the Commission promulgated thereunder, with respect to any Units, shares of Common Stock, Founder Shares, Warrants or any securities convertible into, or exercisable, or exchangeable for, shares of Common Stock owned by him, (ii) enter into any swap or other arrangement that transfers to another, in whole or in part, any of the economic consequences of ownership of any Units, shares of Common Stock, Founder Shares, Warrants or any securities convertible into, or exercisable, or exchangeable for, shares of Common Stock owned by him, whether any such transaction is to be settled by delivery of such securities, in cash or otherwise, or (iii) publicly announce any intention to effect any transaction specified in clause (i) or (ii). The Insider acknowledges and agrees that, prior to the effective date of any release or waiver, of the restrictions set forth in this paragraph 3 or paragraph 7 below, the Company shall announce the impending release or waiver by press release through a major news service at least two business days before the effective date of the release or waiver. Any release or waiver granted shall only be effective two business days after the publication date of such press release. The provisions of this paragraph will not apply if the release or waiver is effected solely to permit a transfer not for consideration and the transferee has agreed in writing to be bound by the same terms described in this Letter Agreement to the extent and for the duration that such terms remain in effect at the time of the transfer.
4. In the event of the liquidation of the Trust Account, Gores Technology Partners Sponsor LLC (the Sponsor) (which for purposes of clarification shall not extend to any other shareholders, members or managers of the Sponsor) agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Company against any and all loss, liability, claim, damage and expense whatsoever (including, but not limited to, any and all legal or other expenses reasonably incurred in investigating, preparing or defending against any litigation, whether pending or threatened, or any claim whatsoever) to which the Company may become subject as a result of any claim by (i) any third party for services rendered or products sold to the Company or (ii) a prospective target business with which the Company has entered into an acquisition agreement (a Target); provided, however, that such indemnification of the Company by the Sponsor shall apply only to the extent necessary to ensure that such claims by a third party for services rendered (other than the Companys independent public accountants) or products sold to the Company or a Target do not reduce the amount of funds in the Trust Account to below (i) $10.00 per share of the Offering Shares or (ii) such lesser amount per share of the Offering Shares held in the Trust Account due to reductions in the value of the trust assets as of the date of the liquidation of the Trust Account, in each case, net of the amount of interest earned on the property in the Trust Account which may be withdrawn to pay taxes, except as to any claims by a third party (including a Target) who executed a waiver of any and all rights to seek access to the Trust Account and except as to any claims under the Companys indemnity of the Underwriters against certain liabilities, including liabilities under the Securities Act
of 1933, as amended. In the event that any such executed waiver is deemed to be unenforceable against such third party, the Sponsor shall not be responsible to the extent of any liability for such third party claims. The Sponsor shall have the right to defend against any such claim with counsel of its choice reasonably satisfactory to the Company if, within 15 days following written receipt of notice of the claim to the Sponsor, the Sponsor notifies the Company in writing that it shall undertake such defense.
5. To the extent that the Underwriters do not exercise their over-allotment option to purchase up to an additional 3,600,000 Units within 45 days from the date of the Prospectus (and as further described in the Prospectus), the Sponsor agrees to forfeit, at no cost, a number of Founder Shares in the aggregate equal to 900,000 multiplied by a fraction, (i) the numerator of which is 3,600,000 minus the number of Units purchased by the Underwriters upon the exercise of their over-allotment option, and (ii) the denominator of which is 3,600,000. The forfeiture will be adjusted to the extent that the over-allotment option is not exercised in full by the Underwriters so that the Initial Stockholders will own an aggregate of 20.0% of the Companys issued and outstanding shares of Capital Stock after the Public Offering.
6. The Insider hereby agrees and acknowledges that: (i) the Underwriters and the Company would be irreparably injured in the event of a breach by such Insider of his obligations under paragraphs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7(a), 7(b), and 9 of this Letter Agreement (ii) monetary damages may not be an adequate remedy for such breach and (iii) the non-breaching party shall be entitled to injunctive relief, in addition to any other remedy that such party may have in law or in equity, in the event of such breach.
7. (a) The Insider agrees that he shall not Transfer any Founder Shares (or shares of Common Stock issuable upon conversion thereof) until 180 days after the completion of the Companys initial Business Combination (the Founder Shares Lock-up Period).
(b) The Insider agrees that he shall not Transfer any Private Placement Warrants (or shares of Common Stock issued or issuable upon the conversion of the Private Placement Warrants), until 30 days after the completion of a Business Combination (the Private Placement Warrants Lock-up Period, together with the Founder Shares Lock-up Period, the Lock-up Periods).
(c) Notwithstanding the provisions set forth in paragraphs 7(a) and (b), Transfers of the Founder Shares, Private Placement Warrants and shares of Common Stock issued or issuable upon the exercise or conversion of the Private Placement Warrants or the Founder Shares and that are held by the Sponsor, Insider or any of their permitted transferees (that have complied with this paragraph 7(c)), are permitted (a) to the Companys officers or directors, any affiliates or family members of any of the Companys officers or directors, any members of the Sponsor, or any affiliates of the Sponsor; (b) in the case of an individual, transfers by gift to a member of the individuals immediate family, to a trust, the beneficiary of which is a member of the individuals immediate family or an affiliate of such person, or to a charitable organization; (c) in the case of an individual, transfers by virtue of laws of descent and distribution upon death of the individual; (d) in the case of an individual, transfers pursuant to a qualified domestic relations order; (e) transfers by private sales or transfers made in connection with the consummation of a Business Combination at prices no greater than the price at which the securities were originally purchased; (f) transfers in the event of the Companys liquidation prior to the completion of an initial Business Combination; (g) transfers by virtue of the laws of the State of Delaware or the Sponsors limited liability company agreement upon dissolution of the Sponsor; and (h) in the event of the Companys liquidation, merger, capital stock exchange, reorganization or other similar transaction which results in all of the Companys stockholders having the right to exchange their shares of Common Stock for cash, securities or other property subsequent to the completion of the Companys initial Business Combination; provided, however, that in the case of clauses (a) through (e), these permitted transferees must enter into a written agreement agreeing to be bound by the restrictions herein.
8. The Insider represents and warrants that he has never been suspended or expelled from membership in any securities or commodities exchange or association or had a securities or commodities license or registration denied, suspended or revoked. The Insiders biographical information furnished to the Company (including any such information included in the Prospectus) is true and accurate in all respects and does not omit any material information with respect to the Insiders background. The Insiders questionnaire furnished to the Company
is true and accurate in all respects. The Insider represents and warrants that: he is not subject to or a respondent in any legal action for, any injunction, cease-and-desist order or order or stipulation to desist or refrain from any act or practice relating to the offering of securities in any jurisdiction; he has never been convicted of, or pleaded guilty to, any crime (i) involving fraud, (ii) relating to any financial transaction or handling of funds of another person, or (iii) pertaining to any dealings in any securities and he is not currently a defendant in any such criminal proceeding.
9. There will be no restrictions on payments made to the Insider. However, prior to consummation of the Business Combination the Company shall not make any payment to the Insider from the proceeds held in the Trust Account including, but not limited to repayment of a loan and advances of up to an aggregate of $300,000 made to the Company by the Sponsor; payment to an affiliate of the Sponsor for office space, utilities and secretarial and administrative support for a total of $20,000 per month; reimbursement of legal fees and expenses incurred by the Insider in connection with the Companys formation, the initial Business Combination and their services to the Company; payment of fees and reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses related to identifying, investigating and consummating an initial Business Combination; and repayment of loans, if any, and on such terms as to be determined by the Company from time to time, made by the Sponsor or any of the Companys officers or directors to finance transaction costs in connection with an intended initial Business Combination, provided, that, if the Company does not consummate an initial Business Combination, a portion of the working capital held outside the Trust Account may be used by the Company to repay such loaned amounts so long as no proceeds from the Trust Account are used for such repayment. Up to $1,500,000 of such loans may be convertible into warrants at a price of $3.00 per warrant at the option of the lender. Such warrants would be identical to the Private Placement Warrants, including as to exercise price, exercisability and exercise period.
10. The Insider has full right and power, without violating any agreement to which he is bound (including, without limitation, any non-competition or non-solicitation agreement with any employer or former employer), to enter into this Letter Agreement and, as applicable, to serve as a director on the board of directors of the Company and hereby consents to being named in the Prospectus as a director of the Company.
11. As used herein, (i) Business Combination shall mean a merger, capital stock exchange, asset acquisition, stock purchase, reorganization or similar business combination, involving the Company and one or more businesses; (ii) Capital Stock shall mean, collectively, the Common Stock and the Founder Shares; (iii) Founder Shares shall mean the 6,900,000 shares of the Companys Class F common stock, par value $0.0001 per share, initially issued to the Sponsor (or 6,000,000 shares if the over-allotment option is not exercised by the Underwriters) for an aggregate purchase price of $25,000, or approximately $0.004 per share, prior to the consummation of the Public Offering; (iv) Initial Stockholders shall mean the Sponsor and Insider that holds Founder Shares; (v) Private Placement Warrants shall mean the Warrants to purchase up to 4,800,000 shares of Common Stock of the Company (or up to 5,520,000 shares of Common Stock if the over-allotment option is exercised in full) that the Sponsor has agreed to purchase for an aggregate purchase price of $6,800,000 in the aggregate (or $7,520,000 if the over-allotment option is exercised in full), or $2.00 per Warrant, in a private placement that shall occur simultaneously with the consummation of the Public Offering; (vi) Public Stockholders shall mean the holders of securities issued in the Public Offering; (vii) Trust Account shall mean the trust fund into which a portion of the net proceeds of the Public Offering shall be deposited; and (viii) Transfer shall mean the (a) sale of, offer to sell, contract or agreement to sell, hypothecate, pledge, grant of any option to purchase or otherwise dispose of or agreement to dispose of, directly or indirectly, or establishment or increase of a put equivalent position or liquidation with respect to or decrease of a call equivalent position within the meaning of Section 16 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and the rules and regulations of the Commission promulgated thereunder with respect to, any security, (b) entry into any swap or other arrangement that transfers to another, in whole or in part, any of the economic consequences of ownership of any security, whether any such transaction is to be settled by delivery of such securities, in cash or otherwise, or (c) public announcement of any intention to effect any transaction specified in clause (a) or (b).
12. This Letter Agreement constitutes the entire agreement and understanding of the parties hereto in respect of the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior understandings, agreements, or representations by or among the parties hereto, written or oral, to the extent they relate in any way to the subject matter hereof or the transactions contemplated hereby. This Letter Agreement may not be changed, amended, modified or waived (other than to correct a typographical error) as to any particular provision, except by a written instrument executed by all parties hereto.
13. No party hereto may assign either this Letter Agreement or any of its rights, interests, or obligations hereunder without the prior written consent of the other party. Any purported assignment in violation of this paragraph shall be void and ineffectual and shall not operate to transfer or assign any interest or title to the purported assignee. This Letter Agreement shall be binding on the Insider and his respective successors, heirs and assigns and permitted transferees.
14. This Letter Agreement shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to conflicts of law principles that would result in the application of the substantive laws of another jurisdiction. The parties hereto (i) all agree that any action, proceeding, claim or dispute arising out of, or relating in any way to, this Letter Agreement shall be brought and enforced in the courts of New York City, in the State of New York, and irrevocably submit to such jurisdiction and venue, which jurisdiction and venue shall be exclusive and (ii) waive any objection to such exclusive jurisdiction and venue or that such courts represent an inconvenient forum.
15. Any notice, consent or request to be given in connection with any of the terms or provisions of this Letter Agreement shall be in writing and shall be sent by express mail or similar private courier service, by certified mail (return receipt requested), by hand delivery or facsimile transmission.
16. This Letter Agreement shall terminate on the earlier of (i) the expiration of the Lock- up Periods or (ii) the liquidation of the Company; provided, however, that this Letter Agreement shall earlier terminate in the event that the Public Offering is not consummated and closed by April 30, 2021; provided further that paragraph 4 of this Letter Agreement shall survive such liquidation.
[Signature Page Follows]
|GORES TECHNOLOGY PARTNERS, INC.|
|Name: Andrew McBride|
Not Part of Form of Letter Agreement
The following officers and directors of the Company separately executed the foregoing Form of Letter Agreement on March 16, 2021:
Edward W. Fike