(d) Except as otherwise provided in Section 7(l), any termination of this Agreement shall be given at least five (5) calendar days in advance of the effective date specified in such notice of termination; provided, however, that such termination shall not be effective earlier than the close of business on the date of receipt of such notice by the Agent or the Company, as the case may be. If such termination shall occur on or after a trade date and prior to the Settlement Date for any sale of Shares, such Shares shall settle in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement.
10. Representations and Indemnities to Survive. The respective agreements, representations, warranties, indemnities and other statements of the Company or its officers and of the Agent set forth in or made pursuant to this Agreement will remain in full force and effect, regardless of any investigation made by or on behalf of the Agent or the Company or any of the officers, directors, employees, agents or controlling persons referred to in Section 8 hereof, and will survive delivery of and payment for the Shares. The provisions of Section 5, Section 8, Section 10, Section 13, Section 15 and Section 16 shall survive the termination or cancellation of this Agreement.
11. Notices. All communications hereunder will be in writing and effective only on receipt, and, if sent to the Agent, will be mailed, delivered or telefaxed to (i) Ladenburg Thalmann & Co. Inc., at 277 Park Avenue, 26th Floor, New York, NY 10172, fax no. (212) 409-2169, Attention: Steve Kaplan, and Cooley LLP, 55 Hudson Yards, New York, NY 10001, fax no. (212) 479-6275, Attention: Daniel I. Goldberg, Esq.; or, if sent to the Company, the Adviser or the Administrator, will be mailed, delivered or telefaxed to it at ###-###-#### and confirmed to it at Gladstone Investment Corporation, 1521 Westbranch Drive, Suite 100, McLean, Virginia 22102, Attention: Michael LiCalsi, with a copy to William J. Tuttle, Proskauer Rose LLP, 1001 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Suite 600 South, Washington, DC 20004, fax. No. (202) 416-6899 (which copy shall not constitute notice).
12. Successors. This Agreement will inure to the benefit of and be binding upon the parties hereto and their respective successors and the officers, directors, employees, agents and controlling persons referred to in Section 8 hereof, and no other person will have any right or obligation hereunder.
13. No Fiduciary Duty. The Company hereby acknowledges that (a) the offering and sale of the Shares pursuant to this Agreement is an arms-length commercial transaction between the Company, on the one hand, and the Agent and any affiliate through which it may be acting, on the other, (b) the Agent has not assumed an advisory or fiduciary responsibility in favor of the Company with respect to the offering contemplated hereby or the process leading thereto (irrespective of whether the Agent has advised or is currently advising the Company on related or other matters), and (c) the Companys engagement of the Agent in connection with the offering and the process leading up to the offering is as independent contractors and not in any other capacity. Furthermore, the Company agrees that it is solely responsible for making its own judgments in connection with the offering (irrespective of whether the Agent has advised or is currently advising the Company on related or other matters). The Company agrees that it will not claim that the Agent has rendered advisory services of any nature or respect, or owe an agency, fiduciary or similar duty to the Company, in connection with such transaction or the process leading thereto.
14. Integration. This Agreement supersedes all prior agreements and understandings (whether written or oral) between the Company and the Agent with respect to the subject matter hereof.
15. Applicable Law; Consent to Jurisdiction. This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York applicable to contracts made and to be performed within the State of New York. Each party hereby irrevocably submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in the City of New York, Borough of Manhattan, for the adjudication of any dispute hereunder or in connection with any transaction contemplated hereby, and hereby irrevocably waives, and agrees not to assert in any suit, action or proceeding, any claim that it is not personally subject to the jurisdiction of any such court, that such suit, action or proceeding is brought in an inconvenient forum or that the venue of such suit, action or proceeding is improper. Each party hereby irrevocably waives personal service of process and consents to process being served in any such suit, action or proceeding by mailing a copy thereof (certified or registered mail, return receipt requested) to such party at the address in effect for notices to it under this Agreement and agrees that such service shall constitute good and sufficient service of process and notice thereof. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to limit in any way any right to serve process in any manner permitted by law.
16. Waiver of Jury Trial. The Company hereby irrevocably waives, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, any and all right to trial by jury in any legal proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the transactions contemplated hereby.